Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2005, 17:07   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice Site.
thought of some ad campaigns for the lancer already along with a better line up and all.
The MIVEC engine sounds good but expensive also. Maybe once i get the cash i can get something like that done but for now Boom, when you get it done and if you get it done can we have a ride in it please?
Old 26th October 2005, 01:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

see the post lancer pricess slashed by 90k.

I have put up a comparision of the lancer versus the baleno and the NHC.

It am sure it will help.
Old 26th October 2005, 06:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

It did bro.
Nice features you pointed out but doesn't the new lancer LXi come with 14 inch tyres? Because that is what i remember.
Oh andpersonally, i feel the lancer a.c. is better then the baleno.
Does the LX come with a spoiler?
Old 26th October 2005, 23:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Even I remember the lancer having the 14" wheels but was actaully confused with so many models around. I dont think mitsubishi will charge much for the spoiler and 14" wheels though.

about the a/c well baleno's ac is powerful but lancer has equal cooling. So while in Baleno the front passenger and driver will be chilling the rear passengers will still be hot.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 26th October 2005 at 23:24.
Old 27th October 2005, 10:45   #35
BANNED

I asked the Metro Motor guy how come they could manage the price cut. Apparently the base model Lancer comes for 7 lakhs OTR, but it doesn't even have power windows or central locking.

These guys are just killing the image of the Lancer...
Old 27th October 2005, 12:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I asked the Metro Motor guy how come they could manage the price cut. Apparently the base model Lancer comes for 7 lakhs OTR, but it doesn't even have power windows or central locking.

These guys are just killing the image of the Lancer...
Wah !!!
Out here they said they have just 2 petrol models now. The 1.5 LX and the Invex. The 1.5 LX BSIII is around 7.1 OTR (considering free insurance + free regn + finance discount).

What is this base model now !!? How can they give a 7L car without power windows ? Will cross-check today.
Old 27th October 2005, 13:43   #37
BANNED

Shuvc, I think the Lx is the same base model I'm talking about. Check with your dealer whether it has all the power trimmings etc.

I know man...7 lakhs and you have to lean over and roll down the window every time you want to ask for directions. Heh.
Old 27th October 2005, 22:50   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Shuvc and Boom Shiva,
the LX is the base model. It does have power windows, central locking... everything.
It even has some cool black stripes on the bumper and all.
Ours is an LX and a few months ago, i sat in another brand new LX which also had the same features.
If you want to buy a lancer buy it from a multi car mall like Automall/JMD as they will have better offers and better service then Fortpoint/Metro Motors.
Right now, when the car had gone for service, they didn't clean the underbody above the tyres and when the applied the dashboard cleaner (which is a good thing because even Mercedes doesn't clean your dashboard with a proper cleaner) they kinda didn't spread it properly so until the thing dissapears, the dashboard looks like the colour has faded in a few spots.

EDIT - I forgot to add that Metro Motors has a few older but brand new vehicles in their stock yard which they will sell to you with a discount of upto 1L if you bargain hard. They have the fully loaded XL (not LX) which comes with alloy wheels, leather, CD player, extra glovebox along with the usual stuff.
Go check it out. You should be able to get it for 7L if you are lucky.

Last edited by lamborghini : 27th October 2005 at 22:56.
Old 28th October 2005, 02:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey Boom Looks like some problem in communication. go to lancerinindia.com and there they have mentioned both central locking and power windows and also the power mirrors in the lx at the advertised price. plus the B pillar is all black now which looks sexy with a set of dark tint. or lese metro is trying to sell you the old lx BSII

From my sources the discount is not only on BSII but BSIII also hence The lancer certainly makes an excellent deal against the NHC and baleno.

Shuvc in the other thread you mentioned lancers price to be above 7.5 with NHC at 7.3 At 7.1 it makes the lancer cheaper than the NHC and close to the baleno.PLus the you said the stereo is only the cassette one but the dealers give the upgrade for free so not to worry.

people I dunno but it looks like either people are not informed about the lancer properly or there are many myths around.
Old 28th October 2005, 11:18   #40
BANNED

Well I was pretty put off when the guy told me no power windows and locking. Don't know why he told me that, unless they're determined not to make any sales for some reason.
Old 28th October 2005, 15:23   #41
BHPian

Are there any discounts on the 1.8L version of lancer?
Also is it faster than OHC vtec.
Old 28th October 2005, 17:39   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

There are big discounts on the 1.8L INVEX also.
The VTEC is still faster by 1.5 sec to the 100mkph mark tehn the INVEX but that is mainly because the INVEX is an Triptronic (automatic with a manual shift option) and is one of the few cars below 20L to offer it.
Boom Shiva,
The lancer LX (BSII and BSIII) have power windows and central locking but the BSII doesn't have power mirrors. We have a BSII lancer.
Like i said, go to Metro Motors and checkout the fully loaded XL version of the lancer on which they will offer discounts of upto 1L.
I have sent you a PM regarding the same.
Old 29th October 2005, 03:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey Conan,

I have driven both the vtec and the invecs( vtec when I bought the 1.5 sfxi and invecs when it was launched )

As OHC vtec is discontinued the invecs makes a good buy with the great discounts available and modifications posssible at dealer level (saves costs and warranty).test drive one in the open road and make the car scream and you will know what I am talking about.

It certainly is not as fun as a vtec but playing with the gearbox is so much fun you will love it.

Boom, I guess the dealer has some stock of the old lx left and he wants to offload that. Confirm this with some other dealer.
Old 29th October 2005, 20:25   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

But Devarshi,
unless the dealer has some early 2004 stock present with him which wasn't present when we got our car, there is no other lancer LX version which comes w/o PW, CL.
BTW,
Boom Shiva,
go to Fortpoint, they are better but both places have big differences in price so bargain hard with fortpoint to offer you a better deal then Metro.
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

SO BoomSHiva did u find any details?? did u take a test drive of the invecs? I will ask u to wait 2 months as an update is due soon on the current lancer.

lamborghini I just guessed as the GLi was the one without those goodies and was cheap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks