Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 10:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Great write up. Your passion for your car shows up in your words and pics. I simply LOVED the one with the azure blue and yellow reflection on the fence background. Its my wall paper now.
Old 30th May 2009, 10:56   #47
Team-BHP Support

Super stuff Mahesh! You finally didn't go to that workshop for polish job? Or did you?
Old 30th May 2009, 13:19   #48
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I picked up the OEM MGP spares from EssAr - the sole Maruti authorized over-the-counter spares outlet on JC Road
A superb LTO report. And I must say that the car looks brilliant after a 3 years and that too on Bangalore's insane roads.

I have a few queries, I would like to buy a few parts from this place for my car. Can you give me a contact number of the EssAr place you mentioned?

Thanks in advance,
gpa
Old 30th May 2009, 14:45   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
.. I was getting my sound system done and you were telling me performance before ICE. One of my inspirational cars along with rijus.
Navin will probably excommunicate me for that statement! And nice to be inspirationally inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
I simply LOVED the one with the azure blue and yellow reflection on the fence background. Its my wall paper now.
Thats Rudra's handiwork. That man can photograph a stone and make it look like a mini-skirted supermodel. Too bad they dont bottle his genius and sell it - it would make millions overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Super stuff Mahesh! You finally didn't go to that workshop for polish job? Or did you?
Thanks Rudra. Nope - didnt go. Engagement date came up in a hurry then. I decided that only I will continue polishing my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Can you give me a contact number of the EssAr place you mentioned?
Raju - 9901996483

Last edited by theMAG : 30th May 2009 at 15:31.
Old 1st June 2009, 17:36   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

The steering wheel. It was down pat to the minutest detail from the original steering wheel design that I had shortlisted.
Attached Thumbnails
6 years with a hot hatch-steering.jpg  

Old 1st June 2009, 17:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

This steering wheel looks all industrial and macho. Nice!
Old 1st June 2009, 18:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Swamygale excellent stuff there. One question is the steering wheel hard to turn while driving ?
Old 1st June 2009, 18:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Wondeful long term ownership review!! And the pic by Rudra with the blue sky in the background is awesome too..
The review though was detailed was not boring even in one single place.. Which proves that you not only own your car, you love your car as well!! Great going Mag.. Continue the saga with your car.
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:29   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
One question is the steering wheel hard to turn while driving ?

Not at all. In fact, With this wheel being of smaller circumference than the stock wheel, steering the car is so much of a hoot right now! You'll see what I mean when we meet for that photoshoot in a couple weekends.

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd June 2009 at 09:31.
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:02   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roughly around the beginning of 2008, I switched over to HIDs after a lot of research. Brought myself Racetech 35W 6000K HIDs. The difference in Lighting, was again (pun intended) like night-day. The quality of illumination was really something I had to experience repeatedly to believe myself. These lights have given me the confidence to do night driving on any terrain to such a large extent that I did the entire getaway to Kollur via Shiradi Ghats for a friend's wedding on April 21-24 2008 in night. This was the third Change that made a significant change to the drivability of the car.
theMAG, you are an inspiration which is a lot more than a compliment.

I am car maintenance freak myself (the wife thinks I am mental) but the love and care you've showered on your car is just amazing. Had a black OHC that was in immaculate condition when I sold her in 2005. Your 3 year old black Swift is in breathtaking shape.

Rgds,

Last edited by R2D2 : 2nd June 2009 at 22:04.
Old 3rd June 2009, 10:38   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
theMAG, you are an inspiration which is a lot more than a compliment.

I am car maintenance freak myself (the wife thinks I am mental) but the love and care you've showered on your car is just amazing. Had a black OHC that was in immaculate condition when I sold her in 2005. Your 3 year old black Swift is in breathtaking shape.

Rgds,

Thank you! Kind words those.

For me, cars always been a personal passion that I can pursue that brings me absolute peace-of-mind; something much needed in today's stresses.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:41   #57
BHPian

Extremely well maintained car buddy.

Quote:
cars always been a personal passion that I can pursue that brings me absolute peace-of-mind; something much needed in today's stresses.
This is so true. At home, when I am stressed out with something, cleaning the car is the first thing which comes on my mind.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:44   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
This is so true. At home, when I am stressed out with something, cleaning the car is the first thing which comes on my mind.
Ha! And i thought this was something about which i was the only specimen. However, i do enjoy keeping the car clean, but am limited at times by time and other commitments.
Old 3rd June 2009, 21:19   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Kind words those.

For me, cars always been a personal passion that I can pursue that brings me absolute peace-of-mind; something much needed in today's stresses.
Same here. My car is washed and waxed by me. It truly gives me peace of mind and is a great de-stresser.

Rgds,
Old 4th June 2009, 10:42   #60
BHPian

Mahesh, can you give us a little more details about your mod experience.

Most Viewed