Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 01:00   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

What!!! and just this morning I spotted a silver colour Evo VIII or IX at Tilak Bridge in Thane TT and was wondering when it would come to India and now this. After a great day what a piece of news to end with. On the other hand another reason to hold on to the Cedia but then it's not as if one were required ....the additional reason, that is.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Covered over 1k kms and with the synthetic oil, the low end torque seems to have got better, the car pulls up beautifully from lower rpms on higher gears. The engine revv feel has gone smoother but I dont really see a considerably difference in high revving, it was always good and its good today, but it takes the same time to revv to any rpm as it used to with the mineral oil. The engine, though, has certainly got better by the day.

I asked service advisor to mail me the job card for next service (80k kms, will get it at 80k on clock only) with jobs I have in mind and their prices, just for my info as the cost is gona be a bit heavy. Along with regular 80k service which include engine flush and tune up, engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, gear/brake oil, steering oil, coolant, air filter and fuel line cleaning (injectors included); I want to change transmission oil, get throttle body clean (open and clean), and also get the timing belt changed. Although, transmission oil and timing belt is to be changed at 1 lac kms, I want to change them at 80k as a precautionary measure, given my driving style. All these jobs should cost me between 18-20k. The timing belt for that matter will cost Rs. 5K including 1k labour.

Also got the rear brake pads changed this weekend, they lasted 28k kms again with lot of hard braking. Althought they were good for another 3-4k kms, I got them changed. Got the same aftermarket TRWs for Rs.1600 and Rs.200 labour.

Find attached the complete cost of ownership for my cedia till date. Thanks to high petrol prices, the overall cost is high.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-cedia.png

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-photo0052.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilan View Post
I had complained to the service manager regarding some rattling noise in the steering column whenever I drove on rough patches and guess what? They checked it and told me that the steering column needs to be replaced (fortunately covered by warranty).

My God, I remember you complaining about the noise from day one, and ofcourse the noise would have gone up during this short ownership. Once replaced with a new part, I believe that the steering assembly should last the car's lifetime.

Anyway, the part needs to be ordered and is expected in a day or two so I'll be back at the workshop to get it replaced.

Have you got it changed? Sry, was a bit busy, so couldnt followup the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
On the other hand another reason to hold on to the Cedia but then it's not as if one were required ....the additional reason, that is.
haha, well said Khoj, certainly another reason to hold the cedia and plonk a MIVEC in few years. But at the end of the day an EVO is an EVO (baap baap hota hai aur beta beta hota hai, )

EDIT: the Yoko S drives have done about 24k kms, they are still as LOUD and NOISY as they were at 7k kms, but I have managed not to wreak any other tyre apart from the one that bulged at 7-8k kms. However, I absolutely love the performance of these, they corner well, are very stable and sticks to ground at all times, be it dry or wet conditions and lastly the steering remains as precise as ever. Also thanks to excellent suspension set up, the alignment does't go wrong even after 20k kms compared to other cars at home which do need alignment at as less as 5-7k kms. So, the tyrea have managed very well in terms of life and I must say against my expectations of max 30k. Even after 24k kms, I expect them to last in good condition for another 10k kms.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th March 2011 at 19:40.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2011, 10:26   #138
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Gaurav, neat report, you seem to be really enjoying except for the petrol cost aspect.

The Yoko S Drives though great fun to drive seem to have this bulging issue, those on my Laura had buldged at 1K itself, they lasted 35K but were more or less not that much fun after 30K.

Now am on Yoko ES501 of a wider upsize (225), there are real quite compared to Mich MXV8 as well as ofcourse the S-Drives.
Old 16th March 2011, 20:30   #139
Senior - BHPian

@ACM, thanks man.

And thanks for giving me more options on tyre, I am still in thoughts about what to get once the s drives wear out.

How would you compare the ES501s in terms of performance with the the s-drives. I tried looking for their details on yokohamatire.com but couldnt find it. Also, I somewhere read that PP2 were discontinued last year, have the PP3 come in or some other performance replacement from michelin?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th March 2011 at 20:32.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:48   #140
Senior - BHPian

Was surfing net and came across this K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter.

A replacement K&N filter for lancer for stock intake. I will be doing more research on k&n's here but just want to know, if it will be a good idea to source it. Will there be any difference in performance, as it will be used with a stock intake (which is brilliant in cedia) and I also dont plan to get a FFE in near future.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th March 2011 at 00:03.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:57   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Was surfing net and came across this K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter.

A replacement K&N filter for lancer for stock intake. I will be doing more research on k&n's here but just want to know, if it will be a good idea to source it. Will there be any different in performance, as it will be used with a stock intake (which is brilliant in cedia) and I also dont plan to get a FFE in near future.
69-6540TP - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit

This is probably what you should be looking at. It will certainly give you some punch, and a good noise to go along with it. Typhoons are supposed to be good.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2011, 00:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

A replacement K&N filter for lancer for stock intake. I will be doing more research on k&n's here but just want to know, if it will be a good idea to source it. Will there be any difference in performance, as it will be used with a stock intake (which is brilliant in cedia) and I also dont plan to get a FFE in near future.
K&N Typhoon is what seems to give some real time BHP gains, that what I have heard! Try finding Typhoon intake kit for Cedia, if you can!

I bought Typhoon for my Civic and will be installing it next week! It came with a dyno chart showing possible gains. Take a look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2292324

EDIT: Just saw Akshay's post. His suggestion is pretty much the same.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 26th March 2011 at 00:34.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2011, 01:41   #143
Senior - BHPian

@gaurav_chopra04

If you are really keen then Piper cross has a direct bolt on air intake kit for the Cedia. There is no piping involved it sits directly where the stock air intake box is. Mind you it is not a filter alone but a complete air intake solution. The cost is 9K+ and is readily available with Autopsyche in Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon. You can fond their complete contact details in the NCR directory, the owner is a forum member.
Old 26th March 2011, 10:36   #144
Senior - BHPian

@Akshay and ACE, Thanks guys, I have been a silent spectator to your threads and silently leaning more about K&Ns, suspension options, Honda accessories and much more. I have read about the same in GTOs thread as well.

Thought of typhoons do come to my mind ocassionally but as of now, I do not intend to modify anything in cedia. Have bigger plans for the car in another 2-3 years.

I just remember someone telling me, long time back, that stock intake of cedia is good and a replacement performance filter should do the job. So, I came up with this. Thanks again though.

Secondly, surplus cash is another thing that hinders stuff these days, especially in my case, where running is high. I already see atleast Inr40k on the car in next 6-8 months (80k service, INR20K, Tyres, 20k) and another INR80k in one and a half year (1lac kms, suspension overall/upgrade (40-60k), fuel filter assembly (22k), and probably clutch etc). So, any thing over it will be a bit stretchy.

@Khoj, thanks; Autopsyche is very good with body kits and I'd personally prefer k&n to piper. Thanks for an option though.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th March 2011 at 10:48.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:56   #145
BHPian

Hey Gaurav, posting this here too just in case you could shed some light.

Ok, so this morning I turned the ignition as usual, the car started as usual and then died.

The engine just died and then wouldn't start at all.

Called the Mitsubishi Helpline, they asked me to check vitals etc and a few telltale signs, but all was fine and the starter was engaging etc, the electricals and lights were working fine but didn't start.

Well they sent a flat-bed tow truck and a technician to pick up Red. Was given a complaint number and told it might be the fuel pump.

No clue why and am borderline devastated but the promptness and ready-to-help attitude was assuring.

Will keep you posted, do advise if you see anything here
Old 29th March 2011, 17:39   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey Gaurav, posting this here too just in case you could shed some light.

Just got off the phone with the Mitsubishi regional service head: one Roopesh. (very polite, knowledgable and helpful gentleman)

I have been quoted 7,000/- for getting the car back running. It is a fuel pump armature which has gone bad, and no, it's not under warranty.

This was surprising, and Roopesh clarified that the part is averse to only fuel in Mumbai. This being so owing to higher levels of adulteration in fuels in Mumbai.

Surprisingly all reported problems in Cedias have been from Mumbai only, although a handful only, in all these years.

Now, just got another call from Roopesh and he has requested getting this done under warranty considering I have just bought the vehicle. Speedy settlement there.

So I wont be charged, thanks to him, but the fear looms large that the problem might repeat itself, considering I stay in the city notorious for fuel adulteration.

Anyways, he also said the problem is not very frequent but I am relieved that at least I now know 'why', and even checked if using Speed as alternative might help.

Just my odd math considering it's a higher octane fuel and is lesser used of the two, and just might not be as adulterated.

Fingers crossed and Red's coming back. Do hit me if you guys have any advise on this and even on the fuel bit.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:49   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got off the phone with the Mitsubishi regional service head: one Roopesh. (very polite, knowledgable and helpful gentleman)

I have been quoted 7,000/- for getting the car back running. It is a fuel pump armature which has gone bad, and no, it's not under warranty.

This was surprising, and Roopesh clarified that the part is averse to only fuel in Mumbai. This being so owing to higher levels of adulteration in fuels in Mumbai.

Surprisingly all reported problems in Cedias have been from Mumbai only, although a handful only, in all these years.

Now, just got another call from Roopesh and he has requested getting this done under warranty considering I have just bought the vehicle. Speedy settlement there.

So I wont be charged, thanks to him, but the fear looms large that the problem might repeat itself, considering I stay in the city notorious for fuel adulteration.

Anyways, he also said the problem is not very frequent but I am relieved that at least I now know 'why', and even checked if using Speed as alternative might help.

Just my odd math considering it's a higher octane fuel and is lesser used of the two, and just might not be as adulterated.

Fingers crossed and Red's coming back. Do hit me if you guys have any advise on this and even on the fuel bit.
Hi, Sorry to read about your experience and glad to read later that you'll not be paying anything to get your vehicle going again !
Just wandered here seeing your name, really !
Why don't you go to a BPCL pump in Mumbai/elsewhere which has the 'Pure for Sure' certification. And when in Mumbai go to the same fuel dump regularly.
That has helped me at least over the last so many years. Go only to BPCL.
And like you mentioned go in for the premium 'Speed' fuel.
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2011, 18:12   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi, Sorry to read about your experience and glad to read later that you'll not be paying anything to get your vehicle going again !
Just wandered here seeing your name, really !
Why don't you go to a BPCL pump in Mumbai/elsewhere which has the 'Pure for Sure' certification. And when in Mumbai go to the same fuel dump regularly.
That has helped me at least over the last so many years. Go only to BPCL.
And like you mentioned go in for the premium 'Speed' fuel.
Thanks for dropping anchor on this one Herr Guderian!

Checking for Pure for Sure outlets around Andheri West, and plan on Speed for good.

I have always stuck to BPCL as a rule.
Old 29th March 2011, 19:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

@Mandheers, its very nice of Mr. Roopesh to get the pump changed under warranty. I wouldnt have paid a single penny if I were in your case and warranty would have been denied.

I can believe that it can be because of high level of adultration in fuel in Mumbai and surrounding areas because last year when Auto Car started listing used cars (1 per edition), and cedia was the first car they covered. The only problem listed was pre mature fuel pump failures and all the cedias listed were from MH (if I remember right). However, I havent seen or heard anything similar here in Delhi or around.

Even if the fuel is adultrated, HM-Mitsubishi has to honour the warranty. No company can get away saying that fuel is adultrated. If the fuel is adultrated you shouldnt be selling you car in there. I have seen Mitsubishi replacing Cranshaft seal under goodwill warranty after the car had 18k on the clock (in third year on extended warranty). Seals are normally not part of warranty but they honoured it. Try find a good petrol pump around your house and try to not to fill anywhere else until necessary.

I too would highly recommend BP, I fill BP normal petrol in all my cars and never had any problem ever.

OT: the service head here in Delhi, Mr Mukesh, was also a very nice person. Have personally communicated with him at Asian Motors a few times. Too bad, he has left the company now.

I'd suggest you keep number of Mr. Roopesh with you and contact him directly, if god forbid, you have any trouble in future.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th March 2011 at 19:25.
Old 29th March 2011, 22:05   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Called the Mitsubishi Helpline, they asked me to check vitals etc and a few telltale signs, but all was fine and the starter was engaging etc, the electricals and lights were working fine but didn't start.

Well they sent a flat-bed tow truck and a technician to pick up Red. Was given a complaint number and told it might be the fuel pump.

do advise if you see anything here
Having put in my two cents on the matter at hand in the other thread(s), will only recommend that you renew your road side assistance service for sure after the first complimentary year is completed. It will cost you only 2300/- to renew but is worth every single Rupee. I was stuck with a dead battery in the initial months of purchase. The MRSA came to the rescue within 30 minutes of my first call and installed a service battery which kept the car running for the time it took them to have the dead battery replaced under warranty from the OEM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks