Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 01:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

First of all a very Happy Diwali to everyone.

Its been some time I had to update this thread but I didn't get time. Now, regarding the windscreen issue, I handed in the car at asian motor's workshop on 21 September, where the windscreen was refitted. The car was returned to me on 22 September. Since then, there is no issue at all.

On 22nd October, Friends made a plan to go to Chandigarh the very next day and we were to take two cars including mine. So, I did a usual check up to see if all the fluids, brake pads and tyres were in top notch. It was 56k on the clock and the 60k service was still 1k kms away. I peeped in through the alloy to check the brake pad but couldn't see the front pads width properly, the rear though were fine. I jacked up the car and took the front tyre off to check the front pads and as I suspected the front pads were not good for even 1k kms.

The TRW aftermarket brake pads lasted for 26k kms with a lot of heavy braking.

Called up the parts dealer in Karol bagh but no one replied. So I went to karol bagh to get the pads but the shop was closed. Took another number of the guy from his neighbour and the shopkeeper told me that he will be available in couple of days. Since, it was already 2 in the noon I decided to go to asian motors to get the pads changed.

Called up asian motors to enquire if the brake pads are available and they were. Reached asian motors at about 3 and they seemed a bit busy. Had to wait till 5 to get the job done. The OEM brake pads costed about 3400 and 400 was the labour. Total cost 3800..not bad, the TRW aftermarket ones would have costed about 2k and 200 for labour. But since I was to get them the same day, it was fine.

Now, visiting asian motors was a good decision also because I managed to see this... yes, it was a 3.2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport with a UN number plate. Since detailing was being carried out, I couldnt manage to take enough snaps.

The SUV looked huge, bigger the the Fortuner, the side and the rear profiles were better than the fortuner, and the front though not boxy like Fortuner looked aggressive with the triple diamond on the front nose. The interior too were tad better then the fortuner and seats felt very comfortable. it had a screen in the center console with a lot of other features. Steering mounted controls though were missing. We are still not sure about the pricing but if launced within 25lacs (ofcourse the 3.2), the SUV sure will be a hit.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image022.jpg

Edit: also got 60k service done this wednesday (3rd November), and I had a big surprice waiting at the service station. Will update tomorrow .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th November 2010 at 02:14.
Old 5th November 2010, 09:29   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

UN numberplate disappointed. If it was a TEMP regd. rumours alot.
It's a fortuner rival, and should be priced within 20 lacs ,not 25, ofcourse OTR price is a different story altogether.
@ gourav- please do say that the surprise you had starts with the letter 'L' and ends in 'R'. And has a shark nose...
Old 5th November 2010, 10:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
UN numberplate disappointed. If it was a TEMP regd. rumours alot.

Well, the Pajero Sport should come to India soon. It was to be launched in August this year but the launch has been delayed. The old pajero does not meet Euro 4 norms and hence is not sold in metropolitan cities.

It's a fortuner rival, and should be priced within 20 lacs ,not 25, ofcourse OTR price is a different story altogether.

Ofcourse, I was talking about the Onroad price . But, the Pajero Sport will come to India in a CKD form and hence pricing a 3.2 fully loaded model around that price could be a bit difficult. I just hope they dont over price it and have another disastour.

@ gourav- please do say that the surprise you had starts with the letter 'L' and ends in 'R'. And has a shark nose...

Old 5th November 2010, 11:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

The X effect!

How does a kid feel when you give him a chocolate and doesnt allow him to eat it.. Well, I felt something similar when I was on the driver seat of Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X but was not allowed to push it.

On Wednesday 3 November, I got up in the morning and was in two minds whether to get my car serviced the same day or the next day. Dont know what came to my mind and I called up the service advisor at asian motors to ask if I should come the same day ot the next day. He said come in today as its diwali time they only have a few cars to work on.

Great, got ready and mum said "aaj dhanteras hai, apni gaadi ke liye kuch le lena" (today is Dhanteras, but something for your car) and I was like "haan abhi service karane jaa raha hu, kuch lena hi hai to Evo book kara dunga" (ya, I am going in for service and if I am to buy something, I ll better book an EVO). Both of us had a good laugh.

I reached the service station and to my surprise saw their advisor coming in an EVO and I was like . I stopped him at the gate and just like a kid, I said "mujhe bhi chalni hai, mujhe bhi chalani hai" (I ll also drive, I ll also drive). He laughed and said "sure sir but it ll only be a small round as our training is to start in 10 mins". I was like ya ya.

Sat inside the car and Ichecked all the buttons, ASC Off-On, AWD - Tarmac, Gravel, Snow... Normal, Sport.. S-Sport.... The dash and the steering wheel looked damn neat and sporty. Started the car and what a sound that was of the MIVEC..ahhh.. For shifting the AT ever, you need to pull up the lever and then change to run and what paddle shifts those were. Moved the car slowly and it felt heavy, ofcourse the turbo was still to kick in but I didnt have road for it. at 11 in the morning Delhi roads are anyways full of traffic. Max I could manage was 60-70 and the turbo just used to peep in and I had to slow it down..

I said to the adivisor, yaar chal gurgaon chalte hai.. aapki job main kain aur lagwa dunga.. (Lets go to Gurgaon for a drive, I ll get you a new job at some other place.) and both of us laughed.. Just a couple of mins drive and we came back to the service station. Seriously, I felt like a kid, who has been handed a chocolate and is not allowed to eat it...I knew I had a 294 BHPs to tap but I cant tap them.

I was soo happy that I couldnt get my eyes of the car and was talking about it to every one and most people who knew very little about the car were surpise to see me soo happy for a car.

This was the very press car that has been used by overdrive, auto car etc. Bhpian, RajaTaurus also checked it in chennai. The car had just under 5k kms on the clock and the right rear wheel had no thread on it..lolz, the front left wheel had a big cut and the remaining two tyres were also good for only 2 k kms. I believe every one who tried their hand on the car were eager to unlash all the power of the car.

When the car was put on jack for the training, I managed to get some snaps. I also managed to see the complete drivetrain fron under, the AWD etc..

One of the very best days one have in Life. Even though I drove it just for the sake of it, the adrenaline rush inside me cannot be described in words.

I ll leave you for now with some snaps and will post the 60k service details in the next post.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image001.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image000.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image002.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image003.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image004.jpg

The EVO's rear and my EVO in the rear..hehe

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image027.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image028.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image025.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-image024.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 6th November 2010 at 21:41. Reason: Extra smiley removed. Please limit smiley usage to max 2 in future. Thanks
Old 5th November 2010, 17:57   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Man are you lucky!!!
Driven the LEGEND ,even though it's only for a short distance.
BTW, the EVO X for training,you mean for the technicians to learn to service the car? So,it's gonna be launched here for sure!!! Well overpriced like the Z,of course.
Any news about the baby affordableEVO X,the present lancer???
Old 5th November 2010, 20:44   #66
BHPian

Gaurav your thread was a very satisfying read indeed!!btw any idea if cedia production is going to be stopped?i am planning to go in for a new one!!
Old 5th November 2010, 22:53   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 - Have they stopped the Cedia elegance version.
Do not particularily like the stickers and the MOMO steering wheel on the sports version.
Old 6th November 2010, 03:43   #68
BHPian

Great read, Gaurav.
Wouldn't you love to drive the EVO for longer... wouldn't we all ?

@dicky- Version still available, I think it's called the sport basic.
Old 6th November 2010, 11:07   #69
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in Bold

Quote:
Man are you lucky!!!
Driven the LEGEND ,even though it's only for a short distance.

Thanks

BTW, the EVO X for training,you mean for the technicians to learn to service the car? So,it's gonna be launched here for sure!!! Well overpriced like the Z,of course.

Certainly, the training was for technicians to learn about the car, moreso the service part. And yes, the car should be launched soon at a price of whopping 50lac plus.

Any news about the baby affordableEVO X,the present lancer???

Nope, HM aint localising and till they dont, it will be hard to launch the car at a price to compete with civic and altis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Gaurav your thread was a very satisfying read indeed!!btw any idea if cedia production is going to be stopped?i am planning to go in for a new one!!
Thanks carfreak, the cedia is still in production and HM dont plan to stop the production either as they made cedia Euro4 compliant in April 2010.

If you plan to buy a new car, be ready to bear a very high depreciating cost, rest there is no problem with the car!

Quote:
Do not particularily like the stickers and the MOMO steering wheel on the sports version.
Well, the stickers certainly are an eyesore but I personally love the momowheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Great read, Gaurav.
Wouldn't you love to drive the EVO for longer... wouldn't we all ?
@dicky- Version still available, I think it's called the sport basic.
Thanks Sukrit! Yes, we'd all love to drive evo for longer, but the thing is till you dont get to sit in the car its ok, but once you are inside it and you know what it exactly is, it is very difficult to resist!
Old 6th November 2010, 11:12   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

@sukrit7- There is a thread for the cedia sports basic, and the last posts were contradicting whether it was discontinued or not.
Also officially nothing is available about the cedia in th mitsu-HM website,the link displays error.
edit: just saw gaurav's post. But what about the cedia website?

Last edited by DicKy : 6th November 2010 at 11:14.
Old 6th November 2010, 12:11   #71
Senior - BHPian

The Mitsui service again has been very satisfying and pocket friendly. The 60k service costed me about Rs. 3,060 which included, engine oil for approx Rs560, Oil supplement (this is a new thing they have added to the make the oil stick to cylinder wall for longer period, Rs. 450), Oil Filter for Rs130, Engine tuneup and flush Rs580, Labour Rs990 and Service Tax and Value added tax Rs. 350.

Apart from this, one day I managed to get a FE of 15kmpl+ with 100% ac on, when I went with my friends for a drive from delhi to gurgaon to and fro. With a very light foot and average speed of 50-60km/hr, I did over 150kms in about 9+ Litres of Fuel. I filled in Rs500 worth fuel when the Fuel light came in and drove 150+ kms till the light came in again. I was too amazed to get such efficiency with 3 people onboard (including me) and the car running on 205 tyres...it was like "papa ki karan patroool khatam hi nahi honda".

Following is My cedia's complete cost of ownership till date!

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-cedia.png

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 6th November 2010 at 12:13.
Old 6th November 2010, 13:15   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Removing the Yokohoma tyre makes the ownership cost very low. That too at 60k kms.
Anyone japanese reliability?
Add to that the FE you got even with 100% A/C on makes me love the car even more.
Old 6th November 2010, 18:12   #73
BHPian

@Dicky:
Last I checked was around 40 days back and it was available. They also had euro 3 models and were giving reasonable discounts.

Check with your nearest showroom.
Old 7th November 2010, 19:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

Please find replies in bold.

Quote:
Removing the Yokohoma tyre makes the ownership cost very low. That too at 60k kms.

Certainly, but this ownership cost is for about 35k kms, since I bought the car. However, the initial 20k kms anyways ,wouldnt have costed more than Rs.5k, including 3 Free services (1k, 10k and 20k).

Anyone japanese reliability?

You Bet

Add to that the FE you got even with 100% A/C on makes me love the car even more.

Yup, its a fantastic car but since the engine is a 2.0L, a heavy foot like me also end up with an FE of 6-7kmpl in S-Sport mode.

So when I am driving hard, I drive hard without caring for fuel, but when I am driving normally, I try to have as light a foot as possible, which then compensates for the hard driving I do!
Regarding the sport basic model, as sukrit said, confirm this with dealer. The sport model thought I am sure is still available. Ask for heavy discounts in the month of december, if at all you decide to go for the car!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th November 2010 at 19:16.
Old 7th November 2010, 23:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Hey gaurav,

Dont intend to raid your thread. Me too a cedia owner since march 2008. Currently standing at 41K KMS on the ODO. I have done various highway trips in my cedia. Not once i have been disappointed with the car. My over all mileage recd is 11.5-12 kmpl on highways and about 10 in city. 100% with AC.

The service costs for the car have been satisfactory overall. Autonova motors has been very helpful in every matter. I recently did a long 4100 kms south india trip in that and currently on a road trip in Rajasthan. Just did a tank full run and achived 12.5 kmpl. 4 passengers + luggage + AC.

2 weeks ago someone stole the rear logo from my car. Any idea how much would it cost at the dealership?

All in all, no regrets with the car.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks