Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 12:24   #841
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Pads are cheap enough to not be a concern. It is the discs that are a problem. I'm in no mood to spend 40-50k for a set of brake discs. Seems a pretty illogical price to me.
Have you tried any private spare parts dealer? Maybe they can sell the same at a reduced price!
Old 12th December 2013, 17:07   #842
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Ok. I understand. I will ask outside market OEM/ genuine brake disc cost and get back if I get any update from the distributor/ stockist in Mumbai.
But, when I checked online, i saw rates around 170-200 USD - I think this is for one side only. So the total cost will be twice.
Old 15th December 2013, 21:29   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pads are cheap enough to not be a concern. It is the discs that are a problem. I'm in no mood to spend 40-50k for a set of brake discs. Seems a pretty illogical price to me.
Look for outside SVR, There are places where you can get made in Thailand Rotors for under Rs - 3,000 -/ Each

In my friends cedia we got the complete front rotors and brake pads (front and rear) replaced for under 8,000.
Old 15th December 2013, 21:33   #844
BHPian

Any idea where I can get the light stalk changed, outside of SVR in Bangalore?
Old 15th December 2013, 22:13   #845
BHPian

One fog lamp costs Rs 25000 as quoted by Pethkar Motors, Mitsubishi dealer in Pune.

So if bhpians can create a group for Cedia parts which we can keep importing from time to time, I am in too
Old 16th December 2013, 09:49   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Look for outside SVR, There are places where you can get made in Thailand Rotors for under Rs - 3,000 -/ Each

In my friends cedia we got the complete front rotors and brake pads (front and rear) replaced for under 8,000.
Any leads would be wonderful. Please PM me the details.

Thanks!
Old 16th December 2013, 14:42   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
One fog lamp costs Rs 25000 as quoted by Pethkar Motors, Mitsubishi dealer in Pune.

So if bhpians can create a group for Cedia parts which we can keep importing from time to time, I am in too
Actually that is a good idea, but the problem is that everyone needs different parts.

I would be interested in the fogs though, since they are not that heavy compared to say suspension parts or brake discs. So, shipping costs will be a lot lower. Please provide me the original part number if you can.

Meanwhile, car is back from service at 1,21,0XX KM.

The foul smell coming from the vents was attributed to small rats which were dead stuck on the AC cabin filter. I had a hard time believing that, but after coming back with the car, when I went ahead to replace the filter with a new one, I realized that the service center had left the damaged filter in there. That is why I was still getting foul smell for a few seconds everytime after AC was switched on.

I don't know how rats would end up there, but glad that there are no other damages anywhere that I could see.
I am also happy that the filter did the job of restricting the rats somehow.
You can see some stains at three-four places in the below picture. The stains are on the top side of the filter, which means that rats were trying to go inside into the blower area.
How did they reach on the upper side of the AC filter?
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131216_085532.jpg

The sad part is that the filter was just a few months old and now a waste. It still gives out a bad smell - so I kept it in the sun in the balcony.

Luckily I had imported a pair of filters, so the second one is now installed.

The dashboard was partially opened up while trying to find out the cause of the smell. Had I been informed, I would have asked them to clean the cooling coil. But the SA indicated that they had removed the full dashboard the coil was not dirty.
Communication has always been a pain with the A.S.S. They never call back even if you ask them to do so.

Caliper pin bushes were replaced
Part highlighted in red in the image (courtesy: Internet)

The left side door lock problem has been attributed to part 5716A169HA.
The SA said that other Cedia's have had similar problem and the only way is to get the part replaced and as per his estimate the cost is about Rs. 8000.
As normal, the part is not in stock and needs to be ordered.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131214_093347.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131214_093421.jpg

When I checked the part online, I realized that it has a spring which might have slipped or something. So, I guess I should open up the panel and see what's inside.
See this ebay link for the internal mechanism image (second image).

If that does not work then, I will order the part online. This is the same part also used in Outlander (rear doors)

BTW: The small tab which has the screw inside it is also a part number and can be ordered as MR655775 - it is identified as a "plastic tab/ cover" and about $1 each.
I think @khoj was looking for this earlier.

Regular service costs have gone up compared to last year.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131216_095353.jpg
Old 16th December 2013, 23:01   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Given the condition of the roads here, why don't we get the stock US springs rather than going even lower than them. I am sure Tien would have those too.
I dont think Tein would have stock ones. I would say, if you plan to go for 205/55/16, you may be fine not upgrading the springs. Since you travel outstation, frequently. It may not be a good idea to get Teins. However, you can import the stock US springs, but I am not sure how much of a difference they would make.

Quote:
On the tire front I took another look and think 215/50R16 would be better though only marginally, the 205/50 would be very harsh to ride upon. Speedo error will be 1% and -0.5% respectively, so both are within limits.
My cousin has 205/55/16 and believe me, the ride is harsh even on that. You can easily feel the difference when compared to 205/55/15 on my ride or 195/60/15 on my friends ride.

Quote:
One can get the alloys in India too but only with multi pcd design which will have the 4 extra holes for the other pcd and I cannot stand the extra holes. So only a single pcd design is a must.
I know they suck big time, but cant help, My budget is restricted . And there are plenty of upgrades to do. Moreover, plan to pool in with brother in law to buy a Ninja 300 late next year .

Quote:
So if the same is available here I can compromise on the design and make as colour can be changed and for me the functionality of driving with 16" wheels is primary.
I understand 114.3 PCD 4 nut in 16-17 are hard to come by. One need to buy 8 nut, which has to 2 different PCD. In fact my cousin's Konigs are 8 nuts and when you need to change the tyre, you need to see that you use the right holes.

Quote:
So if we have a C&F (cost & freight) of say $99 add 1% for insurance and then on the $100 you will have 35% duty and on the resulting 135 another 5-6% for custom clearance and associated charges will be applicable.
If I get them from ebay, I still pay the duty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I think I will have to bite the bullet and get the whole thing done at the A.S.S. this week.
I was about to say, get the filter checked, but you did it now. I used to clean the filter once a month (the damn tree infront of my house sheds tiny leaves)

At 1.2 lac kms, you didnt get major service done. spark plugs, brake/clutch fluid and collant change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Will the ground clearance be affected with these? I do not want that to happen as i am very happy with the Cedia's high ground clearance!
Ofcourse, it should be in civic range, may be lower! I dont mind it now. I will be using polo if I will be driving long distance every day. Cedia will be FUN car, not to be used for daily monotonous drives.

Quote:
Skimming the discs did not help - I believe they are slightly warped.
Did you use old pads on shimmed discs. It could be that the pads have gone hard too and they would be unevenly weared because of discs. It is recommended to use new pads (or atleast check the old pads, hardness/age etc), along with shimmed discs. Try swapping the pads too, it should be fine. I would only be concerned about the thickness of the discs.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th December 2013 at 23:23.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:06   #849
Senior - BHPian

The pads have been replaced. Still a bit of shudder persists.
Old 16th December 2013, 23:12   #850
Senior - BHPian

Yes, get them any which way you have to pay import duty unless you get very very lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
If I get them from ebay, I still pay the duty?
Old 17th December 2013, 08:43   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
At 1.2 lac kms, you didnt get major service done. spark plugs, brake/clutch fluid and collant change.
All of that was done in my last service six months ago (116xxx km, I think).
I had procured the spark plugs from outside market.
Had also got TB cleaning done.

Just got the quote: The door lock will cost me about $34 with shipping from Japan to India.

I think I should open up the door and see if I can fix it else, I will buy it online.
Old 17th December 2013, 10:23   #852
Senior - BHPian

Finally mustered some courage to open up the door lock from inside to see what's wrong.
You can see the white part on the left. The lock inside part goes around it, but it is broken in this case.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_092925.jpg

For reference, the rear door lock shows that internal part as it is supposed to be. The black part which goes around the white part is the one which is causing the problem.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_093108.jpg

This means I have to remove the part and then replace it with a new one.
So I went ahead and removed the screws which I could find.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_093331.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_094359.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_094417.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_094410.jpg

Now what? How do I remove the panel?

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_094404.jpg

How do I remove the window switch panel? I need to check what is the noise on the driver side?
Image from front passenger side for reference.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131217_094532.jpg
Old 17th December 2013, 12:58   #853
BHPian

I lost one of small wheel cap ( with mitsubishi sign) and mitsubishi logo on trunk is also broken. A$$ is asking for Rs 2000+ for each of this. I think it is just too high and should not cost any thing more than Rs 500.

Is there any way I can get it cheaper in Bangalore?
Old 18th December 2013, 12:18   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I lost one of small wheel cap ( with mitsubishi sign) and mitsubishi logo on trunk is also broken. A$$ is asking for Rs 2000+ for each of this. I think it is just too high and should not cost any thing more than Rs 500.

Is there any way I can get it cheaper in Bangalore?
No idea about India, but ebay.com has a few listings. I think the trunk monogram will be expensive.

Wheel caps: If all fails, you can check here.

Other news:
Someone is selling rear shock absorbers (pair) for Rs. 14500 in Bangalore.
I had got one for Rs. 5500-6000 last year (single, original) from Mumbai.

http://bangalore.olx.in/mitsubishi-c...-iid-527514530
Cedia engine is available for Rs. 70000 (used).

A montero is available on ebay for Rs. 6 lacs (have a look at the condition).

Now, update on my door lock.
I managed to open the door panel from inside and inspected the lock. A small part was broken and fell down on the floor.
So, after a lot of deliberation, used Fevi quick to stick it back.
Did some tests and it seems to work fine.

I hope it remains that way.
Now, my next activity is to open the driver side door and see how to fix the noise coming from the window switch panel on bad roads.

Will post some pictures next time I am opening up something.
Old 23rd December 2013, 12:26   #855
Senior - BHPian

Finally, opened the inside door panel.
A small part of the lock was broken. I fixed it with fevi quick and put a small tape around it.
Tried several times, everything seems to be working fine.
Now, the only thing I noticed is that when you lock or unlock the car, the hazard light blinks one or two times. I don't think that happened earlier. Can someone confirm?

Other than that, the lock returns back to its normal position as in the 'good old days' and it is possible to unlock from the passenger side from inside (which was the only real functionality that we were missing earlier).

Some photos of the left side door
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131221_141610.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131221_141630.jpg

Also, opened up the driver side front door since there was some noise at high speed. I don't know what the problem was, but there is a plastic inside, which was slightly torn. I used some tape to fix that.

I also removed the switch panel and cleaned it up nicely. There was something inside which was making a little noise. After cleaning up, that noise did not re-appear.

The window switch panel circuit on the driver side.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131221_163051.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20131221_164404.jpg

I have a 600 KM trip coming up this week and will test if my attempt to fix that noise was successful or not.

Last edited by S_U_N : 23rd December 2013 at 12:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks