Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2009, 00:54   #16
BHPian

COngratulations gaurav.
I live in new delhi too and am planning to get a new car.
A second hand cedia is on my list to. In case anyone knows of someone who's willing to sell please send me a pm.
@Gaurav- How's the servicing ?
Old 1st June 2009, 02:38   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the bishi at a wonderful price. I think at that price and the condition you found it, it's like daylight robbery! I feel bad that the Indian version is underpowered. It would be great to have a 180-200 bhp Cedia in the market...I suggest that before any other performance mods you go in for an ECU remap and a FFE. Also the stock intake on the Cedia is pretty good, a replacement filter will probably help breathing a bit. Power gains will be very significant with the above, and can't imagine 50 grand better spent on this car.

The cedia was my first choice while hunting for a new car, but when dad gave me the key to the accord I did not contest.
Old 1st June 2009, 14:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
WOW!!! Congrats Gaurav!!!
I am very happy for you. You will discover that you have made an excellent decision in the coming months.

You have perceived the Cedia well.
As you modify the car, it would return good dividends.

For LESS than HALF the money of what I spent, you have found a fabulous car.
See if you can get the MOMO wheel on it, the feel is enhanced with that wheel.
Get some after market Sparco pedals to spruce up the pedal feel.

Welcome to the CEDIA club!!
Wish you many miles filled with smiles.
I am not sure if I can get the Momo wheel, as I think due to the sirbag, the complete assembly needs to be changed...I guess it costs somewhere between 30-40k. THough I am not sure about it. Will enquire about it when I get my car serviced next month.

And the SPARCO pedal.. yes I am look for them..will get them up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
COngratulations gaurav.
I live in new delhi too and am planning to get a new car.
A second hand cedia is on my list to. In case anyone knows of someone who's willing to sell please send me a pm.
@Gaurav- How's the servicing ?
Sukrit, there is a 2006 golden cedia in Ashok Vihar with a dealer..i think satish motors. Also there was a yellow 2007 cedia up for sale. Enquire with Kiran Motors, Karol Bagh. the owner (some politician) was asking for 5 lac. His son was about to go abroad and he wanted to sell the car before 30 may. I am not sure if the car is still there but you can enquire.You may get it for less than 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Congrats on the bishi at a wonderful price. I think at that price and the condition you found it, it's like daylight robbery! I feel bad that the Indian version is underpowered. It would be great to have a 180-200 bhp Cedia in the market...I suggest that before any other performance mods you go in for an ECU remap and a FFE. Also the stock intake on the Cedia is pretty good, a replacement filter will probably help breathing a bit. Power gains will be very significant with the above, and can't imagine 50 grand better spent on this car.

The cedia was my first choice while hunting for a new car, but when dad gave me the key to the accord I did not contest.
I am still not sure about the performance upgrades, as the market for the upgrades in India is still not good. I think in Delhi only Arush can do it.

But yes the first thing I want to change is the Tyres... it ll be either Yokohama S-Drive or Michelin PPS2.
Old 1st June 2009, 16:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Thats a beauty! Congrats on the deal and its a very good price you have got it for as well! Enjoy the car and do keep us posted about the mods!!
Old 1st June 2009, 17:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

5 lakhs is what paid for my Palio Multijet (a new one, though)! Now that's a sweet deal. Congratulations, a real driver's car, but perhaps a few more horses would do justice.
Old 1st June 2009, 20:16   #21
BHPian

man i mistook your JBL sub for a JBL gaskit lolz. i was like when did jbl started making gas kits

then it hit me in 2 secs

any hoo..... nice car and a great deal. my friend bought an elantra petrol. for 5 lacs. he should have gone for the cedia instead
Old 1st June 2009, 21:51   #22
BHPian

Congratulations! A Cedia for 5L... Amazing. She's a great car to drive. Enjoy her
Old 1st June 2009, 21:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Very sweet deal indeed Gaurav

But i still think that looks can still be improved though there is no question about the driveability of lancer against some other sedans and at this price its a steal.

Try getting some cool alloys and nice shoes of this beauty and possibly some tints too.

Tints enhance the looks on white colored cars and save from sun too.

Happy motoring
Old 2nd June 2009, 10:57   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on a great driver's car, Gaurav. Your Cedia highlits the very reasons behind my belief in the used car market...modern cars have a 1.5 - 2.0 lakh km life at the minimum while depreciation is massive in the first three years (especially for some cars in particular). Net net, you've bought a 1.5 year old 10 lakh sedan for half the price! Really can't do better for 5 lakh rupees. I don't suppose I'm buying a new car for the next 10 years, what with all the lucrative deals in the pre-owned segment.

Well-written opening post. Good news for you is, there's decent after-market support for the Cedia. Surely a plus for the enthusiast in you?

Drive safe.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2009, 11:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

GTO, i was sure that you would like this deal/steal. Bargain hunters in used car segments really beat the recession.
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:34   #26
BHPian

Congrats Gaurav! I was keeping track of the Cedia threads in Team-BHP and this is a great steal for the price! Have a great time driving it. Its a premium sedan for 5 laks, almost new!

I am looking for one near Pune too and hope I get a deal as good as this.

Cheers!
Payne
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, she looks really good. Congrats! and 5 lacs in a steal in my opinion. I recently came across a 2 year old Cedia with 27k on the odo. Owner was asking for 6.5.
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gaurav.Cedia is a an experiance to live for.
Happy Motoring in Cedia.

Btw the Cedia owners are called CEDIZENS !!!
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:26   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
GTO, i was sure that you would like this deal/steal. Bargain hunters in used car segments really beat the recession.
You can say that again. Saw a pristine Accord V6 (previous gen) going for 6.5 lakhs! Only good news for the smarter buyers out there.
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:54   #30
BHPian

5 L for a 1.5 yr old D segment sedan?! Incredible! Man, you landed a good deal for a very good car.
Congrats and enjoy your drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks