Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 00:15   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Thanks Sir. I am glad you agree with my findings . I hope I didnt go overboard and made the post too long and boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
thankfully i have not experienced any problem with my clock!
Touchwood.

Quote:
I agree with the body roll aspect and also the jump one feels due to the soft suspension.i guess i should change the coil-overs right?
Ya a set of manually adjustable Konis for 40-50 grand will be perfect.

Quote:
And for some odd reason i just love the basic but clear instrument display-all what is necessary is there and nothing is there that is unnecessary!maybe the age difference between us-i am 31!!
I personally dont have any issues with the stock one but an EVO 8 one is mouthwatering.

Quote:
which tires will be best?michelin?and which one in that?i guess i am not going for yokohama
Michelin PS3 is what I am looking at. If at all I could get a test drive of a car with PS3. I dont to end up with wrong tire and miss the performace of S-Drives. But yes PS3 is the only competition in this segment.

Quote:
i felt insurance was a tad costly-compared to the rates i have seen.anyway not a problem with the car!
1st year rates were atrocious. Basically, all our car were insured from NIC and then my bhua works there. So, my dad went to get insurance when I got the car, as I was finding it hard to take time out from office. And then a survey needed to be done as old insurance was not being transfered (the previous owner completely rejected to give insurance, he has some bad experiences in past, with people not transfering the car and then insurance was in his name). So dad got it done and when I saw the quote in the evening I was shocked, no discounts nothing. But then I couldnt help it.

But then I must say, I didnt have any issues taking claim on windscreen.

Quote:
"what ceedya?how do you spell it?when was it launched etc etc"
Haha, I am sure, thats one common thing with all cedia owners.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th May 2011 at 00:17.
Old 13th May 2011, 00:31   #182
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Loved the review to the core, Gaurav! You did take care of each aspect of the car well and the special bits while comparing it to other cars e.g. Civic. I really hope she serves you well for years to come while putting a huge smile on your face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
maintenance cost have been very impressive and its only the fuel cost that hurts. Why do private diesel owners get subsidy…why???

Attachment 543863
lol. But they are stuck at 4000-5000 RPMs at most and can never get the sensation of high revving petrols!

Cheers!
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 00:42   #183
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ACE, I am glad, you enjoyed reading the reviews. This new notification thing on Apples is too bad, keeps you posted all the time .

OT: I will soon take details of the workshop from you that painted your car's wheels matt black. They look wicked.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th May 2011 at 00:50.
Old 13th May 2011, 12:31   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This new notification thing on Apples is too bad, keeps you posted all the time .
lol. Yes, it is! I even remember someone asking automated deletion of these notifications, and suhaas307 answering that!

Quote:
OT: I will soon take details of the workshop from you that painted your car's wheels matt black. They look wicked.
Thanks, matte black wheels look best when they are clean! And keeping them clean all the time is a pain in the a**!

But no worries, let me know whenever you wanna proceed, and you will get the info!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 18:23   #185
BHPian

Awesome GC, still just halfway through.

mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2011, 21:33   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sir. I am glad you agree with my findings . I hope I didnt go overboard and made the post too long and boring?

Michelin PS3 is what I am looking at. If at all I could get a test drive of a car with PS3. I dont to end up with wrong tire and miss the performace of S-Drives. But yes PS3 is the only competition in this segment.

Not at all!!the review was everything except boring!!

PS3 are more performance oriented right?for the right balance between grip and ride quality would PS3 still be better?
Old 14th May 2011, 11:22   #187
Senior - BHPian

@Mandheers and Carfreak, thanks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
PS3 are more performance oriented right?for the right balance between grip and ride quality would PS3 still be better?
I'd say it depends, with the kind of roads we have here in delhi, I found even S-Drives to be pretty comfortable. So, I guess PS3 will be more comfortable than S-Drives.

You can try yokohama AVS Db, Khoj and ShuvC have them on their cedia and civic, repectively. Both are pretty impressed with the tires and the overall grip and comfort.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th May 2011 at 11:25.
Old 14th May 2011, 11:29   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But then I must say, I didnt have any issues taking claim on windscreen.
I doubt if you will get the PS3in the required size(s). You will have a better choice with the PP2. You could also look at the original sports offering from Bridgestone, the Potenza G III and if you are lucky to lay your hands on a lot which reads 'made in Japan' you are sorted.

Last you could also look at the Yokohama AVS dB V550. Not a true sports tyre but the one that strikes the best balance between handling and comfort. Recently I saw a new tread that Yoko has introduced in the dB range called the A Spec and you may want to check that out too.

I must have missed reading about it, so let me ask now as to why did you need to get a claim on the windshield? I have a small chip on the front glass which is not in the line of sight and am contemplating whether to have the same changed or not.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 12:23   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I doubt if you will get the PS3in the required size(s). You will have a better choice with the PP2. You could also look at the original sports offering from Bridgestone, the Potenza G III and if you are lucky to lay your hands on a lot which reads 'made in Japan' you are sorted.
First, the PP2 are no more available, atleast the fresh stock. And its the PS3 which Michelin is selling now. I myself checked with two Michelin dealers. Second, if not 205/55/R15, 205/60/R15 is available in PS3, if I remember right. One of these was available.

In terms of performance, I personally didnt like the G3 (on friend's civic) when compared to the S-Drives. If I am to buy rotation tyres (noisy), I will stick to S-Drives. In fact, noise is the main reason followed by soft tyre wall, that I am trying to avoid S-Drives.

Quote:
I must have missed reading about it, so let me ask now as to why did you need to get a claim on the windshield? I have a small chip on the front glass which is not in the line of sight and am contemplating whether to have the same changed or not.
If its a small chip and not blocking the visibility, I'd suggest you leave it.

Mine was a 3-4 inch big crack on the left top side of the glass, under the sunvisor. I left it for few months as it was not blocking my visibility. However, the crack went big later and I had to change the glass. This was in December 2009.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th May 2011 at 12:27.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2011, 12:57   #190
Senior - BHPian

A few more things worth noting.

Regular service of maintenance battery certainly helps. The service station tops up the distilled water on every service and I too check it once a month. 3.5 years and 70k kms on OE battery is not bad and then I believe it should last at least till end of this summer if not more.

I haven’t changed any fuses or bulbs apart from interior cigarette lighter/ashtray bulbs which cost Rs.200 from ASC.

Under Hood insulation has been coming off slowly for a while now, will post pics later. It has come off say 1/5th from the front. This I guess comes off a little when ASC washes the underhood area. I enquired about a new one and it costs Rs. 3600. No way am I paying that till it all comes off, which I guess will still take couple of years.

5 days a week cleaning, at least from outside has made paint on the small bump on the bonnet go light, though it’s barely noticeable.

It has just strike me, for those complaining about the number plate rattle, if its a small tun tun noise, it can be the jumping rods in the boot. They are two cross rods under the rear parcel tray area which hit each other and make noise. A small piece of platic foam can do the need full. Though, a piece of foam is there from the factory and it shouldnt rattle but in case, you lost the foam.

Locks of front air dams/ under engine shield gives up with time, big deal in our country. Keep an eye, if you find any of these sagging, buy swift's locks from any autoshop and ask the mechanic to fix them, 2 mins job again. The best locks I have seen till date are in polo, they are all allen key types, comes in beamers, audis. Last car on which the locks will give up.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th May 2011 at 13:18.
Old 14th May 2011, 16:56   #191
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]

It has just strike me, for those complaining about the number plate rattle, if its a small tun tun noise, it can be the jumping rods in the boot. They are two cross rods under the rear parcel tray area which hit each other and make noise. A small piece of platic foam can do the need full. Though, a piece of foam is there from the factory and it shouldnt rattle but in case, you lost the foam.

Dude i think this is where my problem lies!!i was a bit doubtful about it coming from the number plate as it was coming clearly into the cabin and did not sound like the number plate but yes it was 2 plastic surfaces striking each other!!got to check it out!
Old 15th May 2011, 00:26   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quick question:
The older version of Cedia did not come with immobilizer.
What options are available to protect a Cedia from theft?
Old 15th May 2011, 00:41   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The older version of Cedia did not come with immobilizer.
2009 or later models of cedia had immobilizer. pre-2009 models didnt have immobilizers

Quote:
What options are available to protect a Cedia from theft?
Cedia is the last car thieves will lay their hands on. Even if you leave the car open, thieves will think 10 times before they lay their hands on it .

But still, you can have a normal autocop gear lock installed. I got the same.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 01:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gaurav.
Is this autocop different from the normal autocop that is available for cars which do not have any any remote + central locking?

How secure is this gear lock?

BTW: If Maruti's can get stolen then why would the thieves spare a larger (though unknown) car?
Old 15th May 2011, 01:29   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thanks Gaurav.
Is this autocop different from the normal autocop that is available for cars which do not have any any remote + central locking?
How secure is this gear lock?
I think you got it wrong, I have a gear lock that is manufactured by Autocop, no autocop secutity alarm or any thing.

And yes, gear locks are pretty safe, atleast more than most stupid alarm systems, until they are gps trackable ones.

Quote:
BTW: If Maruti's can get stolen then why would the thieves spare a larger (though unknown) car?
Second hand parts of maruti have very high demand, you can sell it at every corner. Brand new parts demand of cedia is too low forget about second hand parts.

Also, most stolen vehicles are shifted to UP and Nepal, if not ripped apart for parts. Dont think anyone in these areas will really be interested in cedia.

A thief will rather earn more steeling a honda or maruti. if its mitsubishi, pajero it is. For that matter they dont even steel lancers these days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks