Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 22:53   #556
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Thanks

The brakes of my car are always under testing. Got this really bad habbit of showing no mercy on brakes when I drive hard. In fact, the habbit came from 800, which doesnot have brake booster. When it was 800, the brakepads, costed Rs.200-250, and I used to change them every 5k kms during service. Now, with cedia, I get them changed at almost every 15k.

The revvs are really free, only grouse is the revv limited at 6k, its like bang on the wall.

I know, its got really hard for you to live with your car and despite number of attempts, people from HM-Mitsubishi or Aquest have not been able to rectify the problems. You should seriously ask them to give you a new car. Whats the updat with taking opinion from Red Roosters.

The woosh sound we hear is because of the windows rolled down and the roar is because of the both the higher RPM and the K&N. But its not loud enough to enjoy during the day, when the noise outside is pretty loud. I am very keen on getting a K&N Typhoon. Will hopefully decide next month.
That's neat GC.

Will surely try hitting the red line sometime when I am out on an open stretch, preferably the Expressway.

About the issues, see I love my car, all said and done. I'd rather they repair it well, and once. Guess I will get the brake pads changed too, nearing 18k now.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 02:26   #557
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Will surely try hitting the red line sometime when I am out on an open stretch, preferably the Expressway.
Please do

Quote:
About the issues, see I love my car, all said and done. I'd rather they repair it well, and once. Guess I will get the brake pads changed too, nearing 18k now.
Ya, get the brakes bleeded and get new pads. I hope it makes the response better.

Also, thanks a ton for the PM. Have ordered 2 rings along with these..

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Had these in mind for ages but it costed about $70 earlier plus $35 shipping. Now got these for $45 and free shipping.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th March 2012 at 02:28.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2012, 12:35   #558
Senior - BHPian

^Can you help me source good projector headlamps?
I am planning to replace my stock ones. I need something for night driving and not for looks.

I searched on ebay but don't know what fits in our cars:
Lighting Lamps | eBay
Old 28th March 2012, 13:59   #559
Senior - BHPian

@mandheers, thanks for the heads up.

However seems our friend has indeed jumped the gun and my order is not going through. g_c, I know now whom to get the keychain from

Quote:
Also, thanks a ton for the PM. Have ordered 2 rings along with these..

I am sure the projector info will come through sooner than later. Meanwhile you may want to try out OSRAM NightBreakers. Physically same as stock bulbs and same wattage to 55/60 but the light output is definitely better than the stock Philips Night Vision bulbs. At approx Rs.1000/- it does not hit the pocket too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am planning to replace my stock ones. I need something for night driving and not for looks.

I searched on ebay but don't know what fits in our cars:
Lighting Lamps | eBay
Old 28th March 2012, 14:10   #560
BHPian

@khoj: the seller page shows two transactions, one last night about midnight (thats GC mostly) and the other about 40 minutes past noon today.

Was that yours?

Sorry bout it, but didn't know anyone would be interested in them. You could write to the seller though.
Old 28th March 2012, 14:54   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@mandheers, thanks for the heads up.

sure the projector info will come through sooner than later. Meanwhile you may want to try out OSRAM NightBreakers. Physically same as stock bulbs and same wattage to 55/60 but the light output is definitely better than the stock Philips Night Vision bulbs. At approx Rs.1000/- it does not hit the pocket too.
@Khoj: Thanks. I am already on 90/100. The problem is not with the bulbs or the illumination, rather it is with the focus.
The throw of the light goes on to the trees and into the sky on Level 0.
I have tried to get this down at my mechanic's place and also at J Williams.
They both have failed. Now I am using Level 3 (on the leveling device) and it still is not where it should be. If I go to Level 4, the motor keeps on trying to lower it and it goes back up again. So, basically there is some adjustment that keeps happening continuously. I don't want to burn off the motor and hence cannot use Level 4 anymore.
J Williams says the motor needs to be replaced and will cost Rs. 8000. My only point was, I don't need the leveling via the motor, just set it up manually at a low level and I would be happy. However, they say, it is at the lowest level and cannot be adjusted any lower manually.

I know it sounds strange that we cannot get the light where it is needed by adjusting the screws, but it has been several months since I have been trying to fix this.

So, I was looking for a switch over to completely new headlamps which possibly could have a better focus on the road ahead.
I don't know what will happen to the leveling device and the motor in that case. Will it have to be removed? Will it serve any purpose?
Do projectors come with auto leveling? Sorry too many questions which are probably off topic.
BTW: The cost of one headlamp (Stanley) is Rs. 16000 from A.S.S.
Old 28th March 2012, 16:07   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/04-06-Lancer...b228a6&vxp=mtr

You are looking for this. I think it includes the HID and ballasts too but not sure if its only the head light unit or complete kit. PM ACE_F355, as he knows a lot about the projector head lamps and their installation and what all is required. Check if someone from bangalore can help you with the same. You may also seek assistance from Red Roosters.

Quote:
However seems our friend has indeed jumped the gun and my order is not going through.

Quote:
g_c, I know now whom to get the keychain from
Sure Sir, I have ordered 2 and you can take one of them. Also, will send the paint guys number by sunday. In btw, I am up for service in another 20-30 days..another 7-800kms; when do you plan to get your car's service done.

Quote:
Sorry about it, but didn't know anyone would be interested in them. You could write to the seller though.
How come we are always sure of few things about Mitsubishi..

Quote:
I know it sounds strange that we cannot get the light where it is needed by adjusting the screws, but it has been several months since I have been trying to fix this.
yes, you cannot adjust the lights these days with screws, those days are long gone.. even an alto these days need a motor for leveling the headlight but then its headlight (lumax) costs about 1k from outside with Motor..

It will be a good idea to go for projectors but be ready for the headaches that aftermarket mods bring along with them. ACE's civic's headlight look wicked, have a good range but some thing or the other goes wrong with them every 4-6 months and first the parts are difficult to source and then they aint cheap.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th March 2012 at 16:12.
Old 28th March 2012, 17:51   #563
Senior - BHPian

Yes, that should be mine and sorry for what? both of us are covered either way

Quote:
Was that yours?
Sorry bout it, but didn't know anyone would be interested in them. You could write to the seller though.

How did things get so bad? If it is a manufacturing defect then Mitsubishi should replace the same F.O.C. Rather than spend 16K, one might as well get the imported set. In fact if we can find the blacked out headlamps complete with projectors and Xenon HID bulbs all ready for a retrofit maybe we could do a group buy. I would definitely be in for that. What say mandheers, G_C and other Cediazens?

Quote:
So, I was looking for a switch over to completely new headlamps which possibly could have a better focus on the road ahead.

BTW: The cost of one headlamp (Stanley) is Rs. 16000 from A.S.S.

Thanks g_c, let us see I am quite busy these days and my car is already with Excel for replacement of front grill. Once I get the car back then I will be better placed to fix up a date.

Quote:
Sure Sir, I have ordered 2 and you can take one of them. Also, will send the paint guys number by sunday. In btw, I am up for service in another 20-30 days..another 7-800kms; when do you plan to get your car's service done.
Old 29th March 2012, 13:03   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact if we can find the blacked out headlamps complete with projectors and Xenon HID bulbs all ready for a retrofit maybe we could do a group buy. I would definitely be in for that. What say mandheers, G_C and other Cediazens?
No Sir, I will personally not be interested in upgrading to aftermarket projectors and neither will I recommend others for the same. The reliability is poor and cost of running them is very high compared to normal headlamps. I say this because I have seen ACE_F355 spent quite a lot every few months for running the lights and that too when he is running on Philips.
Old 29th March 2012, 13:11   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that should be mine and sorry for what? both of us are covered either way ...... In fact if we can find the blacked out headlamps complete with projectors and Xenon HID bulbs all ready for a retrofit maybe we could do a group buy. I would definitely be in for that. What say mandheers, G_C and other Cediazens?
So you will get a pair in mail soon sir!

Quote:
No Sir, I will personally not be interested in upgrading to aftermarket projectors and neither will I recommend others for the same. The reliability is poor and cost of running them is very high compared to normal headlamps. I say this because I have seen ACE_F355 spent quite a lot every few months for running the lights and that too when he is running on Philips.
I dont know much about the headlamps you guys are talking about, but there is a Red Cedia Sports at a nearby car dealer, up for sale, and it has those menacing blackish headlights.

I was thinking of swapping mine with those.

Will check and update.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:31   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
04-06 Lancer CCFL Angel Eye Halo Projector Black BLK Headlights Lamps Mitsubishi | eBay

You are looking for this. I think it includes the HID and ballasts too but not sure if its only the head light unit or complete kit. PM ACE_F355, as he knows a lot about the projector head lamps and their installation and what all is required. Check if someone from bangalore can help you with the same. You may also seek assistance from Red Roosters.
Thanks. I looked at that link. The cost with shipping is about Rs 14500. However, I am not sure if this is this for one headlamp or for the pair. I assume it is for one piece.

Quote:
It will be a good idea to go for projectors but be ready for the headaches that aftermarket mods bring along with them. ACE's civic's headlight look wicked, have a good range but some thing or the other goes wrong with them every 4-6 months and first the parts are difficult to source and then they aint cheap.
Will this also not depend on the manufacturer/ company? I have heard that the Chinese look great, but are very unreliable. I am surely going to stay away from those.
Infact, when someone suggested that I replace my left side headlamp (which has got black spots in the reflector and for which the focus does not come where it should be), with Depo, I was warned that the performance/ output will be no where close to the original Stanley unit.
The Depo one costs less than 5000 INR where as the Stanley one is 16000 INR.
I will contact Red Rooster and find out more.
Quote:

How did things get so bad? If it is a manufacturing defect then Mitsubishi should replace the same F.O.C. Rather than spend 16K, one might as well get the imported set. In fact if we can find the blacked out headlamps complete with projectors and Xenon HID bulbs all ready for a retrofit maybe we could do a group buy.
Well, I found it to be bad right from the beginning (remember mine is a pre-owned car). I don't think any manufacturer would entertain me if I complain about headlamps getting bad after 4-5 years of usage.
Can you share some pictures of the headlamps that you are having in mind?

I am interested. How much would it cost? Any rough ideas? Which are the good brands?
Old 10th April 2012, 03:31   #567
Senior - BHPian

I was looking around for coilovers when I came across this. $70 for these is mouth watering and then they are adjustables. However, the shipping costs $169, which is like . I have sent a message to the seller asking how much less he can do on shipping, even if it takes a little longer, if I order 3-4 complete sets. If its reasonable, I will let you guys know, in case anyone is interested..

ADJUSTABLE 1-4" BLUE SUSPENSION COILOVER SPRING/SPRINGS FRONT+REAR MIT LANCER | eBay

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th April 2012 at 03:36.
Old 11th April 2012, 00:56   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If its reasonable, I will let you guys know, in case anyone is interested.
I called those people right now. I have been quoted $130 each for part and shipping to India, when I enquired for 3 Packs. I guess any more will get us more discounts. Rs.6800/- or less for these is a great deal IMHO..anyone interested..?

Here is their website..

http://dnamotoring.com/store/
Old 16th April 2012, 12:18   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that should be mine and sorry for what? both of us are covered either way
Quote:

How come we are always sure of few things about Mitsubishi..
Hey did you guys get the deliveries yet?

No news on the shinies from either of you.
Old 16th April 2012, 23:46   #570
Senior - BHPian

Did you swap your headlights then

Quote:
I dont know much about the headlamps you guys are talking about, but there is a Red Cedia Sports at a nearby car dealer, up for sale, and it has those menacing blackish headlights.

I was thinking of swapping mine with those.

Will check and update.

What exactly are we talking about? sorry too tired to look it up in previous posts.

Quote:
I called those people right now. I have been quoted $130 each for part and shipping to India, when I enquired for 3 Packs. I guess any more will get us more discounts. Rs.6800/- or less for these is a great deal IMHO..anyone interested..?

Here is their website..

DNA Motoring Inc.

Yes Mandheers, got the key chain and tire valve caps with Mitsubishi logo. Thank you for the timely heads up.

Quote:
Hey did you guys get the deliveries yet?

No news on the shinies from either of you.
@g_c

I have to get the 2 year service done any day now. So let us see if we can plan and meet up at the A.S.C.

Last edited by khoj : 16th April 2012 at 23:56.

Most Viewed