Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 12:02   #646
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Here is an option in case you are open to a new car @ approximately 7oddL.

2011 manufactured Linea TJet+ at 9.56L ex showroom
less
Cash discount 1.15L (if dealer does not have stock) ~ 1.5L (if dealer has stock)
less
Exchange bonus 1.0L (assured) to 1.5L (if dealer has TJet+ in stock)
less
Free Insurance or cash back 12~15K; Free road side assistance @3K

The vehicle has a warranty of 2 years / 40000kms. Extended warranty is available @ 5.6K for a total of 4 years / 80000 kms.

This model is loaded with a 1.4 L engine equipped with a Turbo charger churning out 114hp@5000RPM & 207Nm of torque @2200RPM resulting in this being a wolf in sheep's disguise. The ride quality, handling are exemplary. Other stuff such as all leather interiors, 16"Alloys, automatic air con etc. etc.

Down side is that only colours available are Bossa Nova white & Black, though a dealer in Bombay also has a Tuscon WIne in stock.
Ah, the TJet, probably the only car I missed checking out when I picked up Red.

Heard alot about it's power and handling. People on forums have rated it above the Cedia too, but never mind.

Never liked the looks of it, 'sheep' as you rightly put it sir. Not been on the inside of a Linea yet, love the wheels on this one though.

The Jetta interestingly also has come up with a 1.4L turbocharged petrol.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:32   #647
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

My nephew calls it the angry car! It does match Cedia on paper and on the road too but only just. I remember a joust with one on the NE1. This guy was the only one who managed to catch me @140 clicks but then outright speed is not everything. I have heard people complaining about the not so supportive seats on longish drives. Anyhow I am exploring the possibility of replacing my Mother's Aveo1.6 with this model, so hopefully will find out all about the vehicle in the days to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Ah, the TJet,

People on forums have rated it above the Cedia too, but never mind.

The Jetta interestingly also has come up with a 1.4L turbocharged petrol.
EDIT : The Jetta's TSI engine has a turbo & additionally a super charger too. The vehicle however is low on features and way overpriced.

Last edited by khoj : 26th July 2012 at 12:50.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:39   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.... so hopefully will find out all about the vehicle in the days to come.
Wow. Expecting a comparison of the two 'driver oriented' cars soon.

Linea should outclass Cedia in terms of ride quality. Drive it on bad/ broken roads.
1.4L v/s 2.0L performance is also an interesting comparison.

Another bonus would be the slightly better mileage under similar driving conditions.

Backseat comfort and legroom - I think Cedia will win.
Old 27th July 2012, 20:52   #649
Senior - BHPian

Did a test drive of the T Jet+ yesterday and here are first impressions

Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it and Buy it but only if Fiat puts in a bigger capacity engine.

I had a niggle in my mind that the A pillar with the quarter panel will hinder peripheral vision. However the designers @Fiat have managed it so well that there is no obstruction whatsoever. The seats themselves clad in leather are on the firm side and while not as spacious as the Cedia's front seat they soon wrap themselves around you. Actually one is having so much fun that the firmness does not matter and the seats do hold you well. The seat belt pretensioner/load limiter are spot on and never does the belt hold you tighter or longer than necessary. The instrument binnacle is a sight to behold especially with the lights on. Orange backlight and both the needles move in the dial with a corresponding orange spot that moves on the outer periphery of the dial. The spot is no more than a dot and turns a deep shade of orange almost red as the revvs climb up. Actually I will hold that last bit till I reconfirm this, maybe my eyes were playing tricks.

The engine at 1800+ RPM is on the boil and one can slot the car effortlessly in & out of gaps in the traffic effortlessly and the 4 disc brakes + ABS are dialed in marvelously, neither over nor under just spot on and they increase your confidence many-a-fold. The steering is very direct, point & shoot and the car remains true & planted even under very very heavy braking

The rear seat is comfortable and though on the firm side, it actually provides better under thigh support compared to the Cedia. The ride in the backseat itself is excellent and bumps, potholes, ruts etc are easily handled and do not upset one very much. Too early to say that how it is in comparison to the Cedia. More time & rides over varying surfaces are required for that. The back does have more leg space than the Cedia though, even I am surprised by this. The wheel base on the two is similar 2600mm & 2603mm so what gives?

Folks on Fiat forum are reporting double digit milage for in city driving with 100% AC but even the Cedia returns 10~11 kmpl in similar conditions, so nothing great here. The boot is a definite plus and is bigger than the Cedia's. The loading mouth however is restricted and the lip itself sits high up so one has to be a weightlifter. The good thing is that hinges are the non obtrusive kind and that allows the entire width of the boot to be used.

So am I buying it? Well, I am trying to. The Aveo is now 6 years old and is rapidly losing value. Will not get such a loaded vehicle at the price I am getting it for, so it should be a well weighted upgrade.

Will I drive it in lieu of the Cedia on a daily basis? NO & here's why not

1. Turning radius is a humongous 5.5 meters compared to 4.9. Getting the car out of the dealer's stuffed parking was a night mare and reminded me of my house parade days in school left left left right left. The visibility of the vehicle's four corners from the driver's seat is piss poor and unless one can turn by feel(is that the expression I want? Err no but you get the idea) it is better to have parking sensors front & back.

2. Small engine shows its limits very easily. You are cruising n 5th on 60~70 approaching a signal free junction which has traffic making going every where.

In the Cedia one takes their foot off the A pedal at a well judged distance, brakes if absolutely necessary and slows down to 40~30~20 even lower. Upon having gone through the junction one pushes down on the A pedal in an ever so gentle manner but with ever increasing pressure increments and the needles dance upwards. Voila one is cruising. That's all of the 2000 cubic centimeters working for you.

In the Linea you pretty much do the same but & what a plus sized butt on the TJet+ which it just sits on & on & on & you get the picture. The little 1400 (actually 1386) cc block huffs and puffs but untill you give it a second breath it will not take you anywhere. Downshift and the little boy all stoked up by the turbo carries you forward with a viscousness that is ill suited for most paid drivers. This is the only reason why I am afraid of letting this car be driven by our driver and the thought of giving him the Cedia instead starts to creep in.

3. One look at the all Beige cabin of the T Jet+ and all such thoughts ^^ are banished.

So that is it for now folks, more if I do Jet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Wow. Expecting a comparison of the two 'driver oriented' cars soon.

Linea should outclass Cedia in terms of ride quality. Drive it on bad/ broken roads.
1.4L v/s 2.0L performance is also an interesting comparison.

Another bonus would be the slightly better mileage under similar driving conditions.

Backseat comfort and legroom - I think Cedia will win.

Last edited by khoj : 27th July 2012 at 20:54.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 14:06   #650
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav... was it you around 10 am driving from Mahamaya flyover towards Delhi, as I saw a White Cedia with number DL8C-XXXX, & there was a cute little girl enjoying looking at the cars/ vehicles following from the rear glass.

I was driving a Thunderbird, & ovetook you somewhere on the stretch.

Must say your (that) car is very well maintained...

Last edited by CARDEEP : 28th July 2012 at 14:07.
Old 28th July 2012, 22:28   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Gaurav... was it you around 10 am driving from Mahamaya flyover towards Delhi, as I saw a White Cedia with number DL8C-XXXX, & there was a cute little girl enjoying looking at the cars/ vehicles following from the rear glass.
No Sir, it wasnt me, my car is DL4C..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
No intention of hijacking this thread, just need your two cents.
When the owner of the thread doesnt reply for over 2 months, the thread is meant to be hijacked..

Quote:
I have been hunting for a Cedia since 3 months and finally found two cars listed on Dr.Cars.in website.
There is one thing I would like to highlight here. In delhi, 2007 civic are now easily available for around 4 lacs and it is definitely a better idea to get a civic for 4 lacs than a cedia for 3 lacs. I know civic has its own set of problems but the parts are readily available in aftermarket, which should bring down the maintenance significantly compared to cedia. But if one is bent on cedia, then its definitely a bargain at around 3 lacs..

Quote:
Please advise me what are the important things to check in a Cedia before your take a final call.
You may have gone through the long term ownership details I posted on this thread last year in May. That should give you pretty much every detail.

Quote:
This model is loaded with a 1.4 L engine equipped with a Turbo charger churning out 114hp@5000RPM & 207Nm of torque @2200RPM resulting in this being a wolf in sheep's disguise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Never liked the looks of it, 'sheep' as you rightly put it sir. Not been on the inside of a Linea yet, love the wheels on this one though.
Thank god, atleast there are two more people here on team bhp who think similar as I do. Coincidently, both of them owns a cedia..

Quote:
Not at all. Cedia handles bad roads equally good, if not better.

Quote:
Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it and Buy it but only if Fiat puts in a bigger capacity engine.
I some how felt very claustrophobic in the Linea and ergonomics were also bad. Handling, ofcourse, was top notch but in line acceleration and braking was still better with cedia.

Quote:
So am I buying it? Well, I am trying to. The Aveo is now 6 years old and is rapidly losing value.
I believe that the aveo is used by your parents. Just a thought.. there is no point of having two cars, both of which are petrol guzzlers and depreciation disasters. If you wont be driving the car much, why dont you have a look at Ertiga for your parents. the rear seat comfort of ertiga is excellent, more soo the under thing support is mind blowing. Added to that you get a maruti with a Diesel heart.. But this is only when the car will be used by your parents..

Completely agree with all points of why linea cannot replace cedia as daily drive..

Just a small note:- A new car is joining the family shortly. My cousin has booked a Range Rover Evoque and we expect delivery in second week of August.. Check the space in initial ownership section..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th July 2012 at 22:33.
Old 29th July 2012, 13:21   #652
Senior - BHPian

All of Fiat's designs have the ability to induce claustrophobia thanks to the high sill, this was the one reason why I was unable to buy a Siena. So I guess the Linea with it's much larger windows is the answer. Ergonomics are not as spot on as the Mitsu but are not bad at all and definitely are a whole lot better than most other Europeans.

Just like the ergonomics, you must be referring to the Linea's in line acceleration. The T Jet+ is a very different beast and will leave the Cedia standing & coughing in dust. Once you get your revs right it just takes off as if it's tail were on fire, as I posted earlier this is the only fact that worries me w.r.t. our driver's heavy right foot. The reported top whack is in excess of 170 kmph.

As for petrol guzzlers et all well, the low usage works both ways. My parents are OK with Aveo's 8~kmpl so they should be fine with the TJet's 11 odd in the city with 100% AC, as reported in the local Fiat forum & taken by me with a pinch of salt. This vehicle also gives the flexibility to burn some rubber when the urge grips you, what with the next turbo charged engine being in the Jetta at nearly 50% more price. Last but not the least the deal that has been offered is also quite compelling. Will spill the beans once I take possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I some how felt very claustrophobic in the Linea and ergonomics were also bad. Handling, ofcourse, was top notch but in line acceleration and braking was still better with cedia.

I believe that the aveo is used by your parents. Just a thought.. there is no point of having two cars, both of which are petrol guzzlers and depreciation disasters. If you wont be driving the car much, why dont you have a look at Ertiga for your parents. the rear seat comfort of ertiga is excellent, more soo the under thing support is mind blowing. Added to that you get a maruti with a Diesel heart.. But this is only when the car will be used by your parents..

Completely agree with all points of why linea cannot replace cedia as daily drive.
Old 5th August 2012, 10:35   #653
BHPian

Can someone help me with the exact model number for k&n stock replacement filter. I'm planning to order one for US and unable to find the exact model number.
Old 5th August 2012, 17:09   #654
Senior - BHPian

You need to go back around 6~8 months and sift through the posts and you will find not only the part no. but also the link to the site from where it can be ordered. gaurav_chopra04's post has the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone help me with the exact model number for k&n stock replacement filter. I'm planning to order one for US and unable to find the exact model number.
Old 5th August 2012, 17:28   #655
BANNED

Quote:
The A.S.S. says the clock spring needs to be replaced. Total estimated damage is 13K.

Edit: MR583930 is the part number.
Hi,
Even my dad's cedia got this light and the A.S.S. said the same problem as your about the clock spring.

Let me know if you have found a the part and also I will try to look for it.

Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 20:26   #656
BHPian

Quote:
You need to go back around 6~8 months and sift through the posts and you will find not only the part no. but also the link to the site from where it can be ordered. gaurav_chopra04's post has the details.
I've seen that and have gone through that link but at the same time on Amazon I've seen this K&N 33-2392 Air Filter.
Amazon.com: K&N 33-2392 Air Filter: Automotive
So now the confusion is which is the correct stock replacement k&n 33-2392 or as mentioned by Gaurav as "Also ordered a stock K&N airfilter for lancer..

K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter - K&N KN-33-2105"
Old 6th August 2012, 10:11   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
Hi,
Even my dad's cedia got this light and the A.S.S. said the same problem as your about the clock spring.

Let me know if you have found a the part and also I will try to look for it.

Thanks
Yes. Did quite a bit of research on the clock spring. Also sent several emails to HM/ Mitsubishi. So far have not got any reply.

Price at A.S.S.: Rs. 13500
Price at MARS India, Mumbai: Rs. 12000 (but I am sure this will go down by Rs. 500-1000)
Price at Amayama.com: USD: 148 (with shipping) ~ Rs. 8300.

Now, I know Amayama will be the cheapest, but I do not know how much I have to pay for import/ customs duty. If it is 10% then still it is a good deal.
However, if it is 36% as written somewhere, then getting it from A.S.S. or MARS is a better option as it is not worth the extra hassle.

Does anyone know how much would be the import duty?

Meanwhile, I am back from a 500 KM roundtrip. Drove in extremely heavy rains on the Expressway (around Khandala/ Lonavala). Visibility was poor even with max. wiper speed even though I had recently waxed my windshield. Maybe I should use RainX next time.

On wet roads, somehow the car runs faster.
The car is around 2900-3000 RPM at speed of 120 kmph. It goes up around 3200 rpm at 140 kmph. Don't know beyond.

Is that normal or on the higher side?

On another note, Fortuner guys are the fastest on the ExpressWay -on the straights. I just hope they don't need to do an emergency braking at those speeds.

Recent work done on the car: Changing front caliper rubber bushes/ bellows.
The noise has gone down considerably (around 80% improvement). I hope it continues for another six months.
Old 6th August 2012, 16:34   #658
Senior - BHPian

While searching for Cedia projectors, came across this:
Mitsubishi Lancer 04-07 Black/Amber Projector Headlights

The cost is $328 (with free shipping to India) for a pair.
I don't know about customs, but assuming 30%, add another 5500 rupees, and the total landed cost should be around 24000 Rupees.
Sounds good?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 00:03   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I guess the Linea with it's much larger windows is the answer. Ergonomics are not as spot on as the Mitsu but are not bad at all and definitely are a whole lot better than most other Europeans.
For some reason I felt the ergonomics of the Linea were not even at par with other germans including vento, jetta, octavia etc..

Quote:
Just like the ergonomics, you must be referring to the Linea's in line acceleration. The T Jet+ is a very different beast and will leave the Cedia standing & coughing in dust.
No, I actually didnt like the inline acceleration, I like it to be linear. Also, I think you havent red lined cedia the way it should be, you would have never liked the linea in comparison then... But then you have your own opinion (With Respect )

Quote:
Spending around 4k plus shipping for stock k&n is not worth it. I recommend you get yourself a typhoon, the results will be much more fruitful.

K&N Typhoon Series Short Ram Air Filter Intake 69-6540TB, Blue | eBay

this part was available 2 months back for $170 with free shipping to India. Keep a track and you might find a similar deal. But even at $250, its all worh it.

Quote:
So now the confusion is which is the correct stock replacement k&n 33-2392 or as mentioned by Gaurav as "Also ordered a stock K&N airfilter for lancer..

K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter - K&N KN-33-2105"
The one I have can be used in both lancer and cedia.

EDIT: In Btw, here's the new member in family (cousin's car)

A review will come up soon..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1431.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th August 2012 at 00:12.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 23:01   #660
Senior - BHPian

This thread is almost dead for 20 days now.
Let me put up something.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130979.jpg
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-p1130986.jpg

Some work is still remaining, but the major discovery was that the up/down alignment on the headlamp assy is on the outer side (close to the fenders).
Somehow I have never read about this anywhere.

Hopefully I should be able to do some night driving now.
S_U_N is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed