Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 11:59   #661
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

That looks HOT. Await a detailed update once you are good and ready.
Old 29th August 2012, 13:44   #662
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I am waiting for a couple of more cars to be done and then share the learnings.
After all, three different cars, three owners, will have three different experiences even if they use the same make/ model of projectors and the rest of the kit.

Then driving in various conditions such as in rain/ on highways, etc. is another point which needs to be checked.
Plus reliability is crucial, so testing across months is also needed.

In any case, I will post whatever I can regularly, either here or on the Auto-lights thread.
Old 3rd September 2012, 23:05   #663
BHPian

Today received a call from aquest that they are replacing the fuel pump of cedia. Looks like some sort of recall on fuel pump. Has anyone else also received such call.
Old 4th September 2012, 12:47   #664
BANNED

Nop, not me as of yet..
Old 4th September 2012, 15:30   #665
Senior - BHPian

Not me either. I have a 2008 Cedia.

BTW can anyone post what all will be changed during the 70k & 80k service for Cedia ?
Old 7th September 2012, 22:43   #666
Senior - BHPian

Vertical alignment of beam is through the tiny circular part that you can see right behind the motor towards the right side of the pictures below.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120907_224228.png
Views: 2302
Size:  335.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120907_224247.png
Views: 2365
Size:  336.7 KB
Old 14th September 2012, 23:35   #667
Senior - BHPian

Called Excel motors to find out regarding the fuel pump replacement and was not really satisfied with their response on the same. Though they did offer to change mine as & when I brought my car in, I did not like the fact that they never offered the replacement upfront.

Called up Vivek motors in Ghaziabad and spoke to their service manager. He informed that they had a list of chassis numbers for whom the replacement was applicable. This came as a surprise as folks at Excel said the replacement is universally applicable. Anyhow, gave him my car's chassis number and he called back in some time to confirm that replacement was to be carried out on my vehicle. Scheduled the work for next Saturday. So an opportunity to check out yet another service center, let us see how this one turns out.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:19   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

The filter is not available in India. I have ordered it from US. Actually, my aunt has gone to US and is coming back on tuesday, so I asked her to get it for me.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1852576.html

Installation

How To Install A Cabin Air Filter In 02 Mitsubishi Lancer - YouTube

Also ordered a stock K&N airfilter for lancer..

K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter - K&N KN-33-2105

These people dont have part number for cars such as cedia. Its the whole salers who have them and order them for import.. Sample allows these people to see if they car find a substitute from some other car..which isnt a problem if the pins are same..

32 is the correct tire pressure, you should do good..
My car's AC choked out, I had given AC check up as a note for 30k service which happened few weeks back, but well- they were more concerned with changing belts, than checking AC.

Car went back today, ad the cooling coil is choked.

Have asked for a cabin filter retrofitting if they have in stock.

Will update.
Old 17th September 2012, 16:57   #669
Senior - BHPian

What do you mean the coil is choked?
If you mean, that it has accumulated dirt and other things, and if you need full cleaning, which requires opening up the dashboard, then the cost is around Rs. 3500.
Old 18th September 2012, 09:07   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What do you mean the coil is choked?
If you mean, that it has accumulated dirt and other things, and if you need full cleaning, which requires opening up the dashboard, then the cost is around Rs. 3500.
The AC hasnt been cooling enough for quite a while now.

I had asked them to check the same in the 30k service when it went on 24th August- obviously they did not.

The cooling coil was reported choked and AC would need full service, with gas change etc. - whatever.

They dropped the car back last night, with 2 extra scratches, which they will touch up next time- blamed a bicycle guy for it, atleast the driver was honest so I let it pass.

The bill was 6742/- and the damn thing is still not cooling this morning.

I have never had the need to put the temperature knob anywhere near 22c mark, but even at 22 now it is not cooling.

My standard setting used to hover around midway between 22 and 27, and I only played with fan speed and direction.

Very irritated, plus the near sweaty drive to work, and it's monsoons here, not hot.
Old 18th September 2012, 10:13   #671
Senior - BHPian

What did they charge you Rs. 6742 for?
If that is for AC servicing, then I believe gas filing would be around 2500 or so.
So the question is: what is the remaining for?
As I mentioned last time, heater core/ coil cleaning is around Rs. 3500 when I last checked with the A.S.S. However I have not got it done, since it is no longer that hot in Pune.

Also note that there is one setting under the dashboard (somewhere behind the music system and accessible from the driver's side)
It is probably a vent or something like that which gets shifted over a period of time. Adjusting that can also help. This was done in my car (it is a 2 minutes job), and it made some difference to the cooling. They won't charge you for doing that.

Our man, GC, is missing in action yet again.
Meanwhile, I have not driven much after the projector installation. But the good thing is that there is no glare caused to others due to the low beam setting. At least I can take the car out now in the nights.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:29   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The AC hasnt been cooling enough for quite a while now.

The bill was 6742/- and the damn thing is still not cooling this morning.

I have never had the need to put the temperature knob anywhere near 22c mark, but even at 22 now it is not cooling.

My standard setting used to hover around midway between 22 and 27, and I only played with fan speed and direction.

Very irritated, plus the near sweaty drive to work, and it's monsoons here, not hot.
I got my Cedia's AC serviced at a specialized CAR AC Shop:
1. Cooling Fin Cleaning (under the Dash) : Rs 300
There was atleast 400g of trash stuck there, mainly the Felt from the door mats etc. Wonder how it was even cooling that much!!

2. Gas Top up = 900
Total = 1200. Now even the rear seat get cooled under 3 minutes and I hardly put the fan on even 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What did they charge you Rs. 6742 for?

Our man, GC, is missing in action yet again.
Meanwhile, I have not driven much after the projector installation. But the good thing is that there is no glare caused to others due to the low beam setting. At least I can take the car out now in the nights.
Hey Sun! Did you do the Projector fitting DIY ? Can you share more pic? I am using BOSCH Ballast from my existing H4 HID (without projector) and ordered the below for the Projector conversion:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...496533253.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...497923711.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...602784790.html

$197 including Shipping...

There is a computerized Headlight alignment guy in Bangalore who supposedly do HID retrofit. I would go to him as last ditch.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:37   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post

Hey Sun! Did you do the Projector fitting DIY ? Can you share more pic? I am using BOSCH Ballast from my existing H4 HID (without projector) and ordered the below for the Projector conversion:
No. I sourced the parts and got the fitting done with a guy in Pune who has quite a bit of experience in doing the retrofits.
Quote:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...496533253.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...497923711.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...602784790.html

including Shipping...

There is a computerized Headlight alignment guy in Bangalore who supposedly do HID retrofit. I would go to him as last ditch.
If you get computerized headlight alignment option, then please do go for it.
The parts look good, though I went with something different. (Morimoto H1 with CNlight H1 bulbs and with good quality 35W ballasts).
Tip: 4300K bulbs are almost useless in rains. Go for 3000K or near about.

Does anyone know how much do Cedia fog lamps cost?
I can get a pair for around Rs. 5000 from China.
Old 20th September 2012, 17:46   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Today received a call from aquest that they are replacing the fuel pump of cedia. Looks like some sort of recall on fuel pump. Has anyone else also received such call.
In Hyderabad I got a call from Raima motors for fuel pump replacement. Scheduled a service and the fuel pump was replaced as part of the service. No charges were collected for fuel pump replacement.

According to them it is a universal recall of fuel pump on all Cedia's and Outlanders.
Old 20th September 2012, 21:36   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The Exide OE battery of the car gave up on wednesday. Luckily I was at my mechanics place at that time with Bhpian ACE355. Jump start the car and managed to get home. Got it replced today to Bosch 35L battery, which has 1 year warranty and 1 year guaranty. Bought the new bosch battery from Palika Bhavan for Rs.1800. The exide battery lasted quite well for about 4 years, the car will be 4 year old in october. In fact, the same battery in my cousin's cedia is now 5.5 year old.

Bought Bosch as it was for only Rs.1800 and even if it lasts for 2 years, I believe its more than sufficient. Amaron costed Rs.2800/-, with 1.5 year warranty and 1.5 year guaranty.
Battery died today, in the market. Cranked, but just gave up.

Exide guy was round the corner, got a quote for Matrix and Max, slightly on the higher side, 3400/- for the Max.

Got it changed since the car was stalled.

The earlier Exide was under warranty for a year, but they usually last longer. The stock on my wife's Accent just died a few months back, after well over 4 years of usage.

Expensive month for the car: 10k odd for 30k service + Belts, 6.7k for the AC, now 3.4k for the battery.

20k polished in a month.

Last edited by mandheers : 20th September 2012 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks