Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 12:02   #811
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I have used a bit of double tape to hold the clipped cover in place. Not ideal but there is nothing else that can be done except to get a new one, question being from where ?

DIY is easy and better done than having it manhandled by the loafers out in the markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I don't know if the clip which was sort-of broken during removal can be fitted back or not.
Old 15th October 2013, 13:35   #812
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Hello everyone, GC, Khoj and S_U_N.

Been away myself, with some intermittent TBHP.

The Red's doing fine, had a shoulder+neck injury in early August owing to which I have employed the services of a driver; yes, a driver.

It is a pain to sit around and not drive; although I make up with all the 'back-seat' driving if I put it that way, I sit up front though.

Car's doing fine, no issues at all, headlights have dimmed quite a bit and that's a bit of worry if at all.

The exhaust tip got pushed in by the football playing kids in my compound, will get it re-fixed or get another.

The cops got my sunfilm removed too, only removed from the 4 windows, retained the film on front (clear) and on rear windshield.

Haven't yet got a nod on the tire and audio upgrade from the wife; so that is still parked.

So in toto, nothing major to report.
Old 19th November 2013, 23:58   #813
BHPian

Seem to be having some funny problems with the indicator stalk with my Cedia. Basically lights turn off occasionally and also the indicators sometimes don't work. I am guessing the stalk itself is worn out. Any ideas where to procure one?
Old 24th November 2013, 16:56   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Seem to be having some funny problems with the indicator stalk with my Cedia. Basically lights turn off occasionally and also the indicators sometimes don't work. I am guessing the stalk itself is worn out. Any ideas where to procure one?
Oh!! You too got the problem with turn indicators??

My Cedia was perfectly fine, before I gave it to SVR Motors, Hosur Road Bangalore. The car was absolutely fine, no hickups, I just gave it at 39,600 on the mile meter, being pragmatic. Now many things happened:

1. The ASS involved my car in accident, denting the rear left and bumpers, which the Manager promised to repair and paint. Which they did but up on recieving the car, I began to experience:

1. The Clutch was very stiff. Even on repeated visit, the engineers refulsed to acknowledged the problem
2. The steering was stiff too.
3. the Service adviser told that Fin belt of alternator and some other pump needs to be replaced. on Asserting that it needs replacement on 80K KM and not 40, he conveniently eliminated the issue without replacing the belt.
4. The SRS indicator was on, which goes off on turning to extreem left.
5. the Left turn indicator's indicator on Dash does not blink 'At times'

Over all very sloppy and unprofessional service from SVR motor that I am planning to go for some trusted and capable 3rd Party Service guy who can solve my problem.

So guys any Aftermarket Service center expert in Mitsubishi car you can suggest in Bangalore ??

Ujjwal
Old 24th November 2013, 17:59   #815
BHPian

I am also looking for someone in Bangalore As I am not too happy with SVR motors.
Old 24th November 2013, 18:32   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Its been a long time having written here. I hope everyone is doing well. Havent heard from any one including Khoj sir, mandheers or Sun..

The car will be around 1.25 lac driven by the time I get back and will be due for tyre change too. I plan to get the rear shocks replaced if I get the Tein Springs from US. Else, I will go for manual setting TEIN shocks/coiloversmay be from red roosters, which may be around 80k or so.
Good to see activity in this thread after some time! It is very rare to read about the Cedia on t-bhp these days!

Regarding the Tein shocks, i was planning for the same for my Cedia and i mailed Red Rooster Performance-However the reply was not encouraging. They said they did not have stock for the Cedia and as it is discontinued, they will not be importing it too! This is definitely sad news!

I want to replace my rear windshield as the defogger went kaput (thanks to the accessory shop guys removing the sun film and damaging the defogger in the process) The service center is quoting a whopping 41,000 bucks, including the fitting! Can anyone help me out-is there any other place to get it at a cheaper rate?
Old 25th November 2013, 13:35   #817
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the thread getting a nice bump up.

I am back after a 2600 KM trip. This was preceded by a 1000 KM trip within the state. So total, 3600 KM of outstation trip in this month of November.

This has now left the car odo at more than 120,000 KM's.

If you drive the car in the 80-100 kph range, you will get a 16+ average with a full boot and 2 adults + 1 kid.
If you drive the car on hilly terrains, then the mileage will drop to less than 14.
Throw in some city bumper to bumper traffic and expect the mileage to go down to around 12.5.

All of this is with about 80% AC.

Talking about AC, while coming back from Bangalore, we noticed that even on knob position 1, the AC was cooling too much. Then in the afternoon, we realized that on position 3, there was some smoke coming out from the center vents and the air flow itself was less than normal.
Switching off the AC for some time and switching it back ON, used to solve the problem for a few minutes and then back to the same problem.

After driving without AC for some time, we set the knob to position 2 and continued the afternoon journey. Luckily the performance from the AC was normal after that for the rest of the 500 KM's.
I will have to see if the heater/ cooling coil/ core needs to be checked for this.

I still have not fixed the door inside lock, but I got the nomad mats and new seat covers for the car.
Old 26th November 2013, 18:00   #818
BHPian

Quote:

I will have to see if the heater/ cooling coil/ core needs to be checked for this.

I still have not fixed the door inside lock, but I got the nomad mats and new seat covers for the car.
Did you get your AC serviced y specialized AC Service guys ?? I bet ASS is bad in AC it like they are with Wheel alignment.

Last year I got my AC serviced by a local Car AC guy and they took out quarter bucket of trash from AC vent, cooling fins etc. They also top up the AC Gas. Total damage was mere :Rs: 800

Bangalore guys!! Any decent, reliable and capable 3rd party Car service station where I can go for service my Cedia with peace of mind.
Old 26th November 2013, 23:32   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The Red's doing fine, had a shoulder+neck injury in early August owing to which I have employed the services of a driver; yes, a driver.
Oh Dear, I hope you are doing fine. Did you lift too much weight in the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
2. The steering was stiff too.
That is guud!

Quote:
The SRS indicator was on, which goes off on turning to extreem left.
Your car's clockspring has gone kaput. You will find more details if you search this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
It is very rare to read about the Cedia on t-bhp these days!
Its rare that we hear about Mitsubishi these days. They are

Quote:
Regarding the Tein shocks, i was planning for the same for my Cedia and i mailed Red Rooster Performance-However the reply was not encouraging. They said they did not have stock for the Cedia and as it is discontinued, they will not be importing it too! This is definitely sad news!
Ohh. thats sad news for sure. I will then need to get the springs only. Lets see.

Quote:
I want to replace my rear windshield as the defogger went kaput (thanks to the accessory shop guys removing the sun film and damaging the defogger in the process) The service center is quoting a whopping 41,000 bucks, including the fitting! Can anyone help me out-is there any other place to get it at a cheaper rate?
Thats nuts, 41k for rear windscreen. I lately heard the price of axle was 65k.

Quote:
If you drive the car in the 80-100 kph range, you will get a 16+ average with a full boot and 2 adults + 1 kid. If you drive the car on hilly terrains, then the mileage will drop to less than 14. Throw in some city bumper to bumper traffic and expect the mileage to go down to around 12.5.

All of this is with about 80% AC.
I remember Khoj sir replying something similar last year may be, Are you talking about cedia only, these look like figures from Swift.

Quote:
Talking about AC, while coming back from Bangalore, we noticed that even on knob position 1, the AC was cooling too much. Then in the afternoon, we realized that on position 3, there was some smoke coming out from the center vents and the air flow itself was less than normal.
Your car's cooling coil is chowked, get it cleaned.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th November 2013 at 23:33.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 23:46   #820
BHPian

Quote:

That is guud!

Your car's clockspring has gone kaput. You will find more details if you search this thread.
Thanks Gaurav. ASS where quoting 14K for the clock spring. I saw some Evo/Oz Rally spring from US sellers for $54. Would see if I can get them - they would fir right ??

I was suspecting the Stiff steering as the ASS guy complained Fin Belt problem. I guess the Hydrolic pump are driven by same belt ?? Actually I can clearly tell that the steering have gone stiff as the Crazy Wheel I have put on the Steering screeches now due to increased load. The steering is like 30% stiff as Manual steering.
I have also noticed that on cold start, the Engine idling goes up and down from 400-1K RPM and at lower RPM, I can hear engine noise I dont hear other wise.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:08   #821
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gaurav, good to see you again.

Last I checked, I was not knighted

I think what I posted was that any which way you drive, the 2.0L mill returns no better or poorer (depending on how one looks at it) than 12 odd kmpl on the highways.

You guys are beginning to scare me with the spare parts pricing. I am very seriously considering a diesel automatic a la Jetta or the Cruze. However the various sob stories with the VAG group products and my own prejudice towards GM's current line up are holding me back.

Maybe I will win the lottery and buy the new Pajero (Montero)

Quote:
I remember Khoj sir replying something similar last year may be, Are you talking about cedia only, these look like figures from Swift.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:33   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I think what I posted was that any which way you drive, the 2.0L mill returns no better or poorer (depending on how one looks at it) than 12 odd kmpl on the highways.
Thats very true in most practical conditions. Although I have managed around 14 once, that was when I drove at 60-70 for most part and could easily count the number of times I pressed the clutch. But in all practical circumstances, anything over 12 is nealy impossible.

Quote:
You guys are beginning to scare me with the spare parts pricing. I am very seriously considering a diesel automatic a la Jetta or the Cruze. However the various sob stories with the VAG group products and my own prejudice towards GM's current line up are holding me back.
My Opinion:- DONT BUY A VW. And this is not from one off experience or my polo being a lemon. My brothers friend who owns a vento is not happy with the reliability and service quality. A friend, who is a pilot in Jet, bought Jetta and had problems with airbags within 1 year. Despite the fact that my cedia is nearly 3 years older than the polo, it will remain with me for many more years, but I cant really say that about the polo. You should probably wait for the civic diesel. I am not sure if and when it will come but cruze is also very old now and also exorbitantly priced.

In btw: Dont talk about the resale of cedia! Hint: civic starts at 3.5 lacs in good condition 2008. and I saw a golden 2006 cedia with cng listed for 1.2 lacs. And yes talking about the spare parts, the fact is, EVEN Mitsubishi doesnt want you to buy spares from them. Their prices should actually be reported to SIAM. Despite the fact that the rupee has depreciated and the duties have gone up, these prices are still marked 2-3 times above normal. The axle of civic costs 18k and that of cedia 65k.

Quote:
Gift me your cedia, if you win the lottery, I love that colour!

In btw: there is a car detailing shop in karampura named Cannought Care, I am following on FB, deals in 3M. Work from pictures on FB also looks good. I remember me asking you about the 3M detailing shop in Delhi.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th November 2013 at 01:38.
Old 27th November 2013, 15:12   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you get your AC serviced y specialized AC Service guys ?? I bet ASS is bad in AC it like they are with Wheel alignment.
I got AC serviced - mainly blower cleaning done - outside of A.S.S.

Quote:

Yes. If you can keep the car in the 60-70 kph range in the fifth gear, then I can guarantee 16+ mileage. I generally do not brake; I let the car roll over at when I see some traffic ahead. Of course, driving at such speeds is not easy.

Quote:
Your car's cooling coil is chowked, get it cleaned.
Looks like I have to bit the bullet and get the whole dashboard opened up for this. Argh...

Quote:
Thanks Gaurav. ASS where quoting 14K for the clock spring. I saw some Evo/Oz Rally spring from US sellers for $54. Would see if I can get them - they would fir right ??
I got the part from Amayama.com. It cost me around 8500 including shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Quote:
Thats very true in most practical conditions. Although I have managed around 14 once, that was when I drove at 60-70 for most part and could easily count the number of times I pressed the clutch. But in all practical circumstances, anything over 12 is nealy impossible.
Now, I disagree with that. Drive with a light foot, accelerate gently, upshift early and brake only when required.
You will get more than 14 kmpl.

Quote:
And if you win a bigger lottery, buy the actual Montero, not the Pajero Sport.

About the resale value and spares, perhaps it is cheaper to buy a second hand Cedia just for the spares? We can then all share the spares from that single car. :P
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 18:23   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not replying earlier, I missed your post. But then you quoted sun in the comment.

And Yes, I believe they should fit.

Quote:
I was suspecting the Stiff steering as the ASS guy complained Fin Belt problem. I guess the Hydrolic pump are driven by same belt ?? Actually I can clearly tell that the steering have gone stiff as the Crazy Wheel I have put on the Steering screeches now due to increased load. The steering is like 30% stiff as Manual steering.
I have also noticed that on cold start, the Engine idling goes up and down from 400-1K RPM and at lower RPM, I can hear engine noise I dont hear other wise.
Oops! Looks like your pump's bearings are conked off. My friend had a problem with its civic when the ac compressors conked off. Before the compressor went kaput, he had a constant problem of idling at low rpms. Your seems to be related to hydraulic pump, which runs on power from engine. So, the idling problem.

You can get the pump reconditioned.

Quote:
I got AC serviced - mainly blower cleaning done - outside of A.S.S.
You should have got the cooling coil cleaned as well.

Quote:
Yes. If you can keep the car in the 60-70 kph range in the fifth gear, then I can guarantee 16+ mileage. I generally do not brake; I let the car roll over at when I see some traffic ahead. Of course, driving at such speeds is not easy.
Whats the fun of that. Moreover, its too difficult at least here in Delhi, even with your best efforts.

Quote:
Looks like I have to bit the bullet and get the whole dashboard opened up for this. Argh...
A good AC shop can easily do it without ripping apart the dash.

Quote:
Now, I disagree with that. Drive with a light foot, accelerate gently, upshift early and brake only when required.
You will get more than 14 kmpl.
Well, I make an effort. Not to mention, I know I will fail within 5 mins. And as if I will regret .
Old 27th November 2013, 18:34   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You should have got the cooling coil cleaned as well.

A good AC shop can easily do it without ripping apart the dash.
Despite best efforts, I have not been able to get hold of anyone who can clean the cooling coil without opening the dashboard. Perhaps checked with 5 different places and some of them are AC servicing shops only.

One of the guys talked about some "fins" which can get damaged if you try to use some pressure wash from outside, without removing the coil. I don't know how true that is, but then I did not pursue the matter further.
The problem is also that I cannot trust most of the guys will actually do some cleaning, without me being there for the full time.
So that further limits the options.

Most Viewed