Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 13:44   #871
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^Thanks. When does the rev. limiter cut off?

By the way, I completed a little more than 2.5 years and clocked around 21000 KM.

Since my running is quite low, so I see no point in going with synthetic due to high costs.
Plus I prefer the 6 monthly servicing instead of annual.
The rev limiter cuts at around 6300-6400 rpm.

Your running is similar to mine. My car's running has reduced drastically since the brio arrived. Now the Cedia gets taken out only for pleasure trips over the weekend. Weekday commutes are done in the brio.

You can continue to do 6 monthly service and still use synthetic. Just ask the service guys not to change the oil in alternate services. The difference in the way the engine feels is totally worth the slight extra cost.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:55   #872
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

I have so far, crossed 3000 RPM only once or twice.
The car is around 120 kmph at 3000 RPM in 5th gear and makes quite a noise, which I don't like.

My next service after 5-6 months is going to be hopefully again at FNG (and not at A.S.S.). Perhaps I can try Castrol or Motul synthetic then.

I have seen bad fuel affecting the engine noise. Good fuel brings the engine noise down back to normal. Except the road noise, the car does not make a single noise and on some roads, I have to check if the engine is actually running - when the car is moving at 60-70 kmph - thanks to the dead silent cabin.
Old 6th January 2014, 22:24   #873
BHPian

The service manual recommends a timing belt change every 5 years of 60000 kms. Has anyone changed the timing belt at these intervals?
My cedia is now 5 years old, though only 28000 kms young. I guess it is still better to change the timing belt right now, even if it looks ok on visual inspection.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:03   #874
Senior - BHPian

@abeerbagul: I will check about the timing belt and let you know. I think it was changed before I purchased the vehicle.

Meanwhile, after 8 days, I started the car this morning. I keep napthaline balls in the engine bay to ward off potential rats, so I open up the hood, remove the balls, close the hood and drive off. During the night, I keep the balls back in the bay after reaching home.

Today, when I opened the hood, I realized that the engine bay looks quite dirty. I don't recollect it being so dirty before our 900 KM trip, but to be honest I am not sure.
The car was serviced in mid-December, and I don't remember if they did any clean up or not.
I hope it is not the rats again. Could not find anything chewed anywhere or any traces of rat poo.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20140107_102013.jpg

Now, while observing the engine bay with the engine running, after first few minutes of cold start, I could hear a ticking or mild rattling sound which started coming. I thought I should capture a video with the sound. I am not sure if it is normal. The sound does NOT come into the cabin.
AC and blower were OFF throughout.

Then on checking under-body, I realized that there is some (oil?) leakage on both sides of the engine below.
I am not sure if this is really a leakage or accidental spillage during the recent service.
I have had similar spillage during free summer checkup at A.S.S. So, I know they are careless.
Also, there is some completely wet area toward the right side in the video.

I am planning to get the car checked at FNG soon.
See link to video. The title on that site says "after driving", but actually this was before driving.
http://tinypic.com/r/24xoy94/5

Edit: Drove to office and checked underbody again. There is no additional wet area seen anywhere. The engine seems just normal to me while driving.

Last edited by S_U_N : 7th January 2014 at 12:06.
Old 7th January 2014, 23:21   #875
BHPian

You can take a small plastic bottle, something like a medicine bottle and make holes in it. Then keep the napthalene balls in the bottle and tie the bottle with plastic thread above the wheel wells.

This way the napthalene balls will always remain in the engine bay and will not fall off while driving.

You can check the bottle once in a month to top it up.
Old 8th January 2014, 09:03   #876
Senior - BHPian

@abeerbagul: Are you sure that napthalene balls can protect against rats? I have a feeling that they don't work based on my experience, but I have to try more.

Meanwhile, I realized one wire was slightly chewed. Does it need replacement or can I just put some electrical tape around it?
See picture, which is a close up shot. In real it does not look that bad.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20140107_223208.jpg
For the timing belt, v-ribbed belt, alternator belt, etc. were changed in the fifth year in my car. So, you are right about that part.
Old 19th January 2014, 00:56   #877
Senior - BHPian

Took the Blue Streak to Raju (Gaurav's mechanic) in Gol market. A through check later he proclaimed the bushes along with the axle boots and other rubbery elements to be in top condition and the noise source was identified as the brake calliper pin on the front right side. The two pins were taken out regreased and fixed back after cleaning/sanding the brake pads. Exercise repeated for the other side too. Result no more noise, better braking. Money spent INR 200/- Peace of mind earned Priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Took the Blue Streak for a routine service, came back with a service report recommending lower arm change as the bush on both sides have started to crack.

any leads/ideas on local sourcing or getting just the bushes changed ?
Old 20th January 2014, 11:29   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Took the Blue Streak to Raju (Gaurav's mechanic) in Gol market. A through check later he proclaimed the bushes along with the axle boots and other rubbery elements to be in top condition and the noise source was identified as the brake calliper pin on the front right side. The two pins were taken out regreased and fixed back after cleaning/sanding the brake pads. Exercise repeated for the other side too. Result no more noise, better braking. Money spent INR 200/- Peace of mind earned Priceless
I am glad that I did not have to part with my arm bushes and you did not need them too.

I have a feeling that A.S.S. is too eager to change parts these days. They don't want to really spend time to check things before concluding something.
I have the same experience with "J W" here.

And while I hope that the noise does not come back for you, the calipers generally start making the metal sound back in around 100 KM's - perhaps the grease which has been sandwiched inside will move away from its place by that time. If the sound does not return, then you are lucky.

In my case, the rubber bellows were worn off and A.S.S. replaced those. That was one thing right that they did in the last service.

I need to get a thorough underbody wash since there was some oil leakage (close to the oil filter area) and some other wet area (perhaps near the gear box).
I am not sure if this was due to spillage while servicing or due to leakage of the seals.

What could be the changes of sourcing the seals in outside market? And what price range would they be? 1000-3000? or more?
Does the underbody wash with shampoo wash off any under-body anti-rust coating?

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th January 2014 at 11:31.
Old 20th January 2014, 13:55   #879
BHPian

Hi everyone,

I just got myself a Cedia Select (lpg variant), 2008 model

However, as you all may know that it needs quite a bit of restoring. Can someone from Hyderabad, or anywhere rather please help me finding the OEM spares at the right prices? I know Mars India (in Mumbai) is kindof popular at team-bhp, but some more options for giving calls will be helpful.

Here are a couple of prices given to me by a>s>s (can be used for comparing)

Front Lower arm - 14K (for 1, total 28K for the pair)
Clutch Set - 17.5K (includes clutch plates, release plates and release bearings)

In next 3 months, I am looking at fully restoring the car to get back the original condition & handling.

Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 14:40   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Hi everyone,

I just got myself a Cedia Select (lpg variant), 2008 model

However, as you all may know that it needs quite a bit of restoring. Can someone from Hyderabad, or anywhere rather please help me finding the OEM spares at the right prices? I know Mars India (in Mumbai) is kindof popular at team-bhp, but some more options for giving calls will be helpful.

Here are a couple of prices given to me by a>s>s (can be used for comparing)

Front Lower arm - 14K (for 1, total 28K for the pair)
Clutch Set - 17.5K (includes clutch plates, release plates and release bearings)

In next 3 months, I am looking at fully restoring the car to get back the original condition & handling.

Thanks
Mars India should be able to provide you lower arms for around 5-6K each.
However, you have option of purchasing the bushing kit (around 2-3K total for both sides).

Clutch set: Around 12-13K (contains three items)

Rear shocker: Rs. 6K (each)

All prices are approximate.

Note that all of these parts are extremely heavy and courier charges will be expensive I suppose.

Best option is to source them from local HYD dealer.

Edit:
Try this:

http://www.hmambassador.com/parts-de...ler1=HYDERABAD

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th January 2014 at 14:49.
Old 20th January 2014, 15:41   #881
BHPian

Thanks S_U_N, I called them up. They only sell parts for Ambassador and nothing else. I'm still searching and will update this thread when I find some place reliable.
Quote:
Mars India should be able to provide you lower arms for around 5-6K each.
However, you have option of purchasing the bushing kit (around 2-3K total for both sides).

Clutch set: Around 12-13K (contains three items)

Rear shocker: Rs. 6K (each)

All prices are approximate.

Note that all of these parts are extremely heavy and courier charges will be expensive I suppose.

Best option is to source them from local HYD dealer.

Edit:
Try this:

http://www.hmambassador.com/parts-de...ler1=HYDERABAD
Old 21st January 2014, 12:12   #882
BHPian

Spoke to Mars India (Mumbai) just now and here are the Prices: -

Clutch Set Assembly - 9500/- (HM)
Lower Arms (pair) - 8500/- (MMC)
Struts (pair) - 12000/- (KYB)
Steering ball joint, Rod Ends (Set of 4) - 3000/- (HM)

+Courier charges (about 400/- or whatever it lands up to)

Can someone confirm that the manufacturer's name mentioned (HM, MMC and KYB) are the authentic ones used on Cedia? - Mars confirmed they are, but a 2nd opinion/confirmation will help.
Old 21st January 2014, 14:19   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Spoke to Mars India (Mumbai) just now and here are the Prices: -

Clutch Set Assembly - 9500/- (HM)
Lower Arms (pair) - 8500/- (MMC)
Struts (pair) - 12000/- (KYB)
Steering ball joint, Rod Ends (Set of 4) - 3000/- (HM)

+Courier charges (about 400/- or whatever it lands up to)

Can someone confirm that the manufacturer's name mentioned (HM, MMC and KYB) are the authentic ones used on Cedia? - Mars confirmed they are, but a 2nd opinion/confirmation will help.
The clutch set assembly is supposed to be from Exedy. That is what the original one is and that is what I picked up from Mars as well. There were some differences in colour. See pictures attached in the post made in 2013.
MMC is Mitsubishi Motor Corporation.
Don't know what KYB is.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:10   #884
BHPian

Nice point. I also read about Exedy.

Called up Mars again, the guy called Steven, said that the outer branding is HM, but internally it's Exedy itself and again insisted that it's OEM Part only for Cedia. They supply in Hyderabad also, but not through independent shops. So, I would need to get it from them itself (if I purchase from Mars India).

I certainly need to make more phone calls and verify from other cities/part-dealers.

Edit: I've read about KYB also in team-bhp that its the OEM struts for Cedia. Just like HM using the Exedy for clutches. I think Gaurav got those KYBs at the similar price.
Quote:
The clutch set assembly is supposed to be from Exedy. That is what the original one is and that is what I picked up from Mars as well. There were some differences in colour. See pictures attached in the post made in 2013.
MMC is Mitsubishi Motor Corporation.
Don't know what KYB is.

Last edited by Vibhanshu : 21st January 2014 at 15:14.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:15   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Look for outside SVR, There are places where you can get made in Thailand Rotors for under Rs - 3,000 -/ Each

In my friends cedia we got the complete front rotors and brake pads (front and rear) replaced for under 8,000.
Hi,

Can you PM me the workshop details pls, that can handle work for the cedia.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks