Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 23:54   #976
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Question: Fan in the engine bay is noisy or the blower behind the glove box has become noisy?

For cooling problem, there is a setting under the dashboard, between central console and the steering wheel, which gets disturbed every few months. Please try to get that checked and corrected.
The blower behind the glove box has become noisy.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:11   #977
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

The blower must be clogged, the same can be cleaned out by removing the glove box and reaching down into the same, unless you have the 'cabin filter' installed in which case it is as simple as cleaning out the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
The blower behind the glove box has become noisy.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:28   #978
Senior - BHPian

^^Ask me about this. I have to regularly clean the blower every 5-6 months, as squirrels find way to reach there and build his nest using soft feather like stuff, right in the center of the blower! The flow gradually reduce and it becomes noisy. I don't want to use rat cakes, as I love those Squirrels around my home. So what I do the cleaning every few months, I never mind.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:34   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The blower must be clogged, the same can be cleaned out by removing the glove box and reaching down into the same, unless you have the 'cabin filter' installed in which case it is as simple as cleaning out the filter.
I'll find a good AC repair shop. I have already bought the filter. Will get that installed as well.
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:08   #980
BHPian

As promised....Interior pics with new leather seats and Pioneer head unit.
Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140916_21_26_43_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_51_32_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_51_47_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_51_55_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_52_01_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_52_05_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140917_14_52_13_pro.jpg  

raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 09:10   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^Ask me about this. I have to regularly clean the blower every 5-6 months, as squirrels find way to reach there and build his nest using soft feather like stuff, right in the center of the blower! The flow gradually reduce and it becomes noisy. I don't want to use rat cakes, as I love those Squirrels around my home. So what I do the cleaning every few months, I never mind.
Where do you get it cleaned? Do you have the dashboard removed every time? Have you tried installing a filter?

I recently got a cabin filter from the US. Yet to get the AC serviced or install the filter. The cooling is definitely poor especially when it is very hot outside. I'm holding off the service since the ASC quoted a 2 day down time.
Old 29th September 2014, 13:13   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Where do you get it cleaned? Do you have the dashboard removed every time? Have you tried installing a filter?

I recently got a cabin filter from the US. Yet to get the AC serviced or install the filter. The cooling is definitely poor especially when it is very hot outside. I'm holding off the service since the ASC quoted a 2 day down time.
No you don't, you just have to remove the Glove compartment box to fir the filter.
For a while I used a make shift filter then I too got one from the US and managed to fit it myself.

Locally SVR was asking rs 3,000 + for the filter.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:05   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At the neighboring mechanic shop. Its simple to remove the dash cover, just one bolt and the blower assembly comes out. He cleans with air and fits back in about 15 minutes. Cabin filter? Just thinking about installing a K&N filter. I think K&N has a filter for this car, yet to find out.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 16:18   #984
BHPian

Quote:
At the neighboring mechanic shop. Its simple to remove the dash cover, just one bolt and the blower assembly comes out. He cleans with air and fits back in about 15 minutes. Cabin filter? Just thinking about installing a K&N filter. I think K&N has a filter for this car, yet to find out.
I'm not sure its as easy. After removing the glove box one has to cut out the section where the filter need to be installed. Saw a DIY video where this was demonstrated.
Please see below
Old 29th September 2014, 17:47   #985
Senior - BHPian

But it is that easy. Opening the glove box is the most difficult part in the whole exercise. I did not even use a knife just pushed at the perforated tabs with the car key and they popped, I replace the filter every 6-8 months depending on the availability via the supply chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
I'm not sure its as easy. After removing the glove box one has to cut out the section where the filter need to be installed. Saw a DIY video where this was demonstrated.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:53   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
But it is that easy. Opening the glove box is the most difficult part in the whole exercise. I did not even use a knife just pushed at the perforated tabs with the car key and they popped, I replace the filter every 6-8 months depending on the availability via the supply chain.
I agree. Initially I was skeptical of doing this on my own. A couple of failed attempts to remove the glove box followed.

Then one day, with a cool head, I was able to open the glove box.
With that out of my way, the rest was a piece of cake.

This followed with repairing the inside door lock mechanism - I think I wrote about that in an earlier post.

A.S.S. was asking for Rs. 8000 for the part + labour.

I fixed that with a drop of fevi quick at home for free.
I was not expecting that small plastic/ metal part to hold up with that, but it has been several months and the lock behaves perfectly.

@Khoj: Are you able to source the cabin filter from outside market? I need one as well pretty soon, since my last one was damaged by the rats and the second one was pressed into service quite soon after that.
Old 29th September 2014, 20:24   #987
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I buy from amazon.com (check fit for 2006, lancer, OZ rally 2.0L gasoline engine) and time it with my sibling's visit back home. Have not asked around in the local markets as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Khoj: Are you able to source the cabin filter from outside market? I need one as well pretty soon, since my last one was damaged by the rats and the second one was pressed into service quite soon after that.
Old 30th September 2014, 15:31   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
No you don't, you just have to remove the Glove compartment box to fir the filter.
I was actually referring to RajaTaurus's post - I was told that to clean the blower you had to remove the dashboard. I agree just installing the filter requires removing only the glove-box. I tried it myself once.

Quote:
I really want to clean the blower if I can do it that easily with a local mechanic's help.

The last I checked I couldn't find a K&N cabin filter for this car. Let me know if you find one. I've bought this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 30th September 2014, 15:59   #989
Senior - BHPian

@raj981, If you see carefully, he is actually snapping off the cover specifically provided to be taken off if you want to install filter. Like Khoj ays, its easy to snap it off.

Quote:
I was actually referring to RajaTaurus's post - I was told that to clean the blower you had to remove the dashboard. I agree just installing the filter requires removing only the glove-box. I tried it myself once.

I really want to clean the blower if I can do it that easily with a local mechanic's help.

The last I checked I couldn't find a K&N cabin filter for this car. Let me know if you find one. I've bought this one.

Trust me. It is easy for any mechanic who has had his hands on a Lancer.

K&N India website says that V2004 will fit Lancer. I am not sure of this fits in Cedia. I have to check the product dimensions. See the following link:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=VF2004

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 30th September 2014 at 16:04.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 18:27   #990
Senior - BHPian

The one bought by you fits, there is a feature to register your car's model etc and then the parts are checked as to whether they are meant for our vehicle or otherwise, see the screen shot attached.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-screen-shot-20140930-6.35.29-pm.png

There are cheaper alternatives too, see below.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-screen-shot-20140930-6.35.36-pm.png

IIRC, Raja ji did post that the blower can be removed by unscrewing a single bolt
Quote:

Raja ji, I believe that is the air box intake air filter & not the in cabin air filter.

Quote:
K&N India website says that V2004 will fit Lancer. I am not sure of this fits in Cedia. I have to check the product dimensions. See the following link:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...px?prod=VF2004

Last edited by khoj : 30th September 2014 at 18:40. Reason: responding to an additional post
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks