Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 13:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
here goes: this is before the regn plates went up.
TD'd the Altis; Civic and even a used VRs; but thats a long story.
guess the wife's judgement prevailed on the VRs and mine on the Century Diamond. ;-)
saved myself some money too; by not going in for the others.

Congrats on your new acquisition Mandheers. Cedia looks wicked in red. All other contenders were very strong and I am glad you chose Cedia. Do post an initial ownership report with some pics.
Old 19th January 2011, 14:16   #92
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition Mandheers. Cedia looks wicked in red. All other contenders were very strong and I am glad you chose Cedia. Do post an initial ownership report with some pics.
thanks gaurav! yes the rest were all high & mighty. will post something detailed soon. have posted pre-delivery pics already.
Old 25th January 2011, 11:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav,

Sorry to bump your thread again. I wanted to clarify a doubt. Today morning when i started my Cedia i noticed a funny sound. I dont know how to explain that sound but it was real loud bang. also after that i left the car in neutral for a few mins before i drove off to work. On way i noticed that the SRS light was staying ON most times. Normally that light would come on when we start the car and then go away once we hit the ignition.

What could be the possible problem? I called up the service center and they said it could be a fuse issue and nothing major to worry about and have asked me to take the car to them on Thursday.

Please see pics for reference.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img00057201101251103.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img00056201101251103.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img00055201101251040.jpg
Old 25th January 2011, 12:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Gaurav,

Sorry to bump your thread again. I wanted to clarify a doubt. Today morning when i started my Cedia i noticed a funny sound. I dont know how to explain that sound but it was real loud bang. also after that i left the car in neutral for a few mins before i drove off to work. On way i noticed that the SRS light was staying ON most times. Normally that light would come on when we start the car and then go away once we hit the ignition.

If it wouldnt have been for the loud bang, I could have guessed something. For the bang itself get it checked asap.

Also if the light would have stayed on for ever and wouldnt disappear, it could have been a code in ECU. But since you report that the light remians on for most of the time (I assume it does go off sometimes), it could be a problem with the clock spring. I have seen atleast 3 out of 10 cedias to come with this SRS problem, where the clock spring inside the steering wheel fails. A new one will set you back by about 12k. For checking the same, turn the steering wheel on either side with ignition on and see if the light goes off, if it does, then 99%, the problem is with the clock spring. Apart from clock spring, I havent heard of any other problem with the SRS in Cedia.

My cousin's black cedia had this issue.

What could be the possible problem? I called up the service center and they said it could be a fuse issue and nothing major to worry about and have asked me to take the car to them on Thursday.

If its a fuse, the light will not go off, it will remain for ever. But still, i'd be happy of its a fuse or a code, but if its a clock spring, get it changed.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th January 2011 at 12:56.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:10   #95
BHPian

@Harsh..As Gaurav rightly stated the issue seems to be more a case of a conked off clock spring. If it goes on and off when you turn the steering it most probably is a faulty clockspring. Keep us updated on this.
Old 25th January 2011, 21:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

Sure thing man. 12K does sound a bit scary to me. Hope its something small and easily solveable. I shall be taking the car to the service center either thursday or friday. Will keep this posted.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:58   #97
BHPian

Ok, need some advice here. My car came back from 1st service after 1000kms. The Motordrome guys have changed the air intake (assuming that's what it's called); basically it's a closed unit now with air intake reversed or from the bottom. I remember having read it somewhere on a thread here but need advice. Will drive and see how it fares or get it reverted back to the original. The service advisor says this is a newer version and the one that came factory fitted was older.
Old 28th January 2011, 20:19   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, need some advice here. My car came back from 1st service after 1000kms. The Motordrome guys have changed the air intake (assuming that's what it's called); basically it's a closed unit now with air intake reversed or from the bottom. I remember having read it somewhere on a thread here but need advice. Will drive and see how it fares or get it reverted back to the original. The service advisor says this is a newer version and the one that came factory fitted was older.
Just reached home and thought I'd post an update on the drive back.
The car feels the same at lower speeds (read bumper to bumper); but when going a bit higher it feels the following: Labored, Weighed Down, Sedate, Out of Breath when Revved to a higher speed and Sluggish. Now is it my imaginating suspicious self or because of the 'air duct' (yes, that's what the Motordrome staff described it as).
I feel it's a 'devious ploy' to exact more FE from the car. I also doubt it would not come OEM had it been such a significant piece of plastic.
Please advice.
Old 15th February 2011, 20:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Trip to Chandigarh.

No I didn't go rallying, it was a small trip to chandigarh. It was raining and work in progress for four laning NH1 resulted in this.

Stopped at haveli while coming back and as I waited for a lady to take out her i20 so that I can park at her place. She pressed the accelerator pedal and bang onto front of my car. Nothing big, it was the number plate which took the damage and front bumper got a bit misaligned (went down slightly, you can see the gap between headlights and bumber). Will get it aligned on service which is now about 1.5k away. Shuu, the civic at home was rear ended 15-20 days back, polo was rear ended on saturday and today this (although very minor).

For now, the pics.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1443.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1455.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1460.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1461.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1462.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1463.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1464.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_1465.jpg

Got Team Bhp Stickers week back, notice the driven by TBhp on rear glass top and LTD on rear bumber and Tbhp.com on front number plate.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th February 2011 at 20:27.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2011, 22:06   #100
BHPian

@ gaurav: the pics are just awesome. A Great White with war paint- that's what your Cedia looks like.

What tyres are those? The car looks like having a lower stance/GC than mine.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ gaurav: the pics are just awesome. A Great White with war paint- that's what your Cedia looks like.

What tyres are those? The car looks like having a lower stance/GC than mine.
Thanks for the fantastic and precise description Mandheers .

The Tyres are Yokohama S-Drives 205/55 R15. You can find pics of same on page 4 of this thread and the reviews here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-s-drives.html

Although I am very impressed by the performance of these tyres, I absolutely hate the noise they make. Too Loud, and loud to the extent to confuse you for the noise of wheel bearing. Also, the side wall is soft and can shape out with the smallest of bump.

But I must admit, the overall stability and handling is much better than most tyres. Only tires that used to compete were PPS2s but now that they are not available, these are the only sporty tyres in this range.

The 205/55s are marginally less in diameter compared to the 195/60s, 0.34 inches to be precise and hence do result in marginal speedo error. 215/55 is the ideal upgrade, but then I had FE to consider for my more than average run.

OT: also got rid of front 50% Garware film I got a year back. Had a terrible time driving at night on highway, last time I visited chandigarh in december. Although, the car looked good with it and it also saved my from the sun on my morning drive to office till August last year, driving on dark highways at night was a problem and I by no chance wanted to upgrade the lights.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th February 2011 at 23:02.
Old 16th February 2011, 04:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The Tyres are Yokohama S-Drives 205/55 R15.

Although I am very impressed by the performance of these tyres, I absolutely hate the noise they make. Too Loud, and loud to the extent to confuse you for the noise of wheel bearing. Also, the side wall is soft and can shape out with the smallest of bump.

But I must admit, the overall stability and handling is much better than most tyres. Only tires that used to compete were PPS2s but now that they are not available, these are the only sporty tyres in this range.

OT: also got rid of front 50% Garware film I got a year back. Had a terrible time driving at night on highway, ......driving on dark highways at night was a problem and I by no chance wanted to upgrade the lights.

@gaurav_chopra, next time around try the AVS Db 550, also from Yokohama. These are made in Japan and are very very quiet, speed rating is V so one can hold higher speeds longer with peace of mind. Infact, I have started to enjoy driving on concrete roads too as surprisingly they are quieter on concrete compared to coaltar surfaces. Seem quite rugged too as I have used them over all types of surfaces including broken roads, off shoulder and stretches with virtually no roads and after 10K kms they are still holding up well. The ride is comfortable too even when one hits ruts or biggish bumps even with 4 people on board. The only negative is that these tires are unidirectional but for me that is not a deal breaker.

Regarding the lights you may want to try the Osram Night breakers 55/60W, simple plug and play. I have them on my Swift and they are great. Wanted to get them for the Blue Streak too but could not source them. Got Philips Extreme Power 55/60W, made in Germany. Pulled out the Cedia's bulbs only to read 'Philips Made in Germany' on them. The difference being that the OE bulbs have a black coating and the extreme ones have a silver coating. Running on the extreme's these days. Light intensity is better but the beam pattern/spread on low beam is restricted. The Osrams are definitely much better. Will switch the extremes with the nightbreakers from the Swift once I get back to Dilli. Try them if you are able to get them in Dilli and let me know the source too.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:32   #103
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Khoj, that helps. I certainly have Db on mind, saw that Shuv and you changed to these. The thing is the S-Drives I have are also made in Japan and rating is W. The flat tyre design along with unidirectional thread makes it perform very good both in dry and wet conditions. Since, I got a heavy foot, and drive a bit firm sometimes, these tires do provide an extra advantage in terms of extra grip and extra traction (rated AA).

Recently, my brother changed his goodyears on cedia to Bridgestone touranza and a friend bought potenza G3 for his civic. None of them came close to s-drives in terms of performance. However, the G3, which have a similar thread to S-Drives were much more quieter than the yokos. The Touranzas too were very quiet. Lets see how G3 ages, it may go loud after a few thousand kms, as my yokos did.

Another example of Yokos is advans on my friends 5, his tyres too have gone too loud after 25k kms. They still can last good for 5-7k kms.

So, I'd definitely like to drive your cedia to check the yoko Db. I will require change sometime end of this year or next year starting. Will give you a shout closer to that time, if you wont mind. Just want to check all the options before the next change. Will be doing more research in the mean while, I want both performance and quiet tyres.

Lastly, if I go for my MBA in the mean while, the car will go back to stock tyres. I have two bloody tyres lying with me, one of which is brand new (stephaney)and other with about 10k life in it.

Thanks for the advise on new bulbs too, I will looks for them at basic addas I visit, Karol Bagh and Palika Bhavan. How much should they cost, Mitsui sells stock one for 1.4k, saw it on a customers bill on last service.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th February 2011 at 10:35.
Old 16th February 2011, 12:08   #104
BHPian

@ gaurav: I have known Yokos to be prone to bulges but they usually retain their silent performance. As for PPS2; well I had checked for Primacy on khoj's suggestion, and the neighborhood Michelin dealer also had PP2 in size 205/55/15; which I was assuming is also the correct upsize for Cedia.

You add 10 and subtract 5 right? Read it someplace hereon TBHP itself.

A friend had Yokos on his Corolla and they seem to have a shorter life span compared to the others built for 'Indian' conditions. Personally I have had a very good experience on all my Bridgestones; right from the Tata Sierra and hence retained the stock Potenzas.

My next will definitely be an upsize but maybe not Yokos.

As for the sunfilm; I have Llumar (RTO approved) and it is fabulous at cutting the heat. Couldn't get the front windscreen done the last time, owing to time constraint. Will get it done this weekend; but I prefer transparent. Have a 3M on my Accent and it does wonders to the aircon performance.

@ khoj: Even I will try the Osrams; but the Mitsu guys have given a pair of spare bulbs; will check which ones are those. LOL @ 'Philips Made in Germany'!

OT: I have seen a charcoal black Camry (new shape) driven around Oshiwara with smoked head+tail lights and the darkest black film on all glass; and it looks menacing. (no clue how'd he be able to drive) Have quite a mind to go in for a colour change on my Cedia in a few years.

Last edited by mandheers : 16th February 2011 at 12:10. Reason: typo
Old 16th February 2011, 15:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
@ gaurav: I have known Yokos to be prone to bulges but they usually retain their silent performance. As for PPS2; well I had checked for Primacy on khoj's suggestion, and the neighborhood Michelin dealer also had PP2 in size 205/55/15; which I was assuming is also the correct upsize for Cedia.

You add 10 and subtract 5 right? Read it someplace hereon TBHP itself.

If I am not wrong, the PPS2 are no longer available. May be the dealer has some old stock. Also, in terms of upgrade 215/55 R15 is much closer than 205/55 R15 to overall diameter of 195/60 R15. +10 and -5 can only be considered in case of 1 upsize from 195/60 to 205/55. In this case, even 205/60 will do. Basically, 205 is the width of tire and 55 is the aspect ratio of height to width. So the side height will be 55% of 205 or 60% of 195.

My cousin's black cedia has 205/55 R16 and even they are doing the job good, just that the overall height is more.

A friend had Yokos on his Corolla and they seem to have a shorter life span compared to the others built for 'Indian' conditions. Personally I have had a very good experience on all my Bridgestones; right from the Tata Sierra and hence retained the stock Potenzas.

Certainly, bridgestone are perfect blend of ride, performance and life span. The yoko (S-Drives) are more toward better performance. Well for the life span, the bridgestone (G3 205/60) does around 50k and costs 6k here in delhi and the s-drives does about 35k and costs about 5k. But bridgestone can certainly take a lot more abuse than the yokos.

As for the sunfilm; I have Llumar (RTO approved) and it is fabulous at cutting the heat. Couldn't get the front windscreen done the last time, owing to time constraint. Will get it done this weekend; but I prefer transparent. Have a 3M on my Accent and it does wonders to the aircon performance.

Thanks for the pointer for transparent film. I can feel the difference after getting rid of Garware 50%, the dash gets heated up too quickly. 3M will work wonders and me too will prefer transparent. Will go for it next month.

OT: I have seen a charcoal black Camry (new shape) driven around Oshiwara with smoked head+tail lights and the darkest black film on all glass; and it looks menacing. (no clue how'd he be able to drive) Have quite a mind to go in for a colour change on my Cedia in a few years.

Believe me, black with smoked head lamps, tinted windows and gun metal alloys looks like a mean machine. Wicked is the word.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks