Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2015, 21:31   #1081
BHPian

They charged me 7k for the same thing about 8-10 months ago. But the replacement was for the combination switch
Old 11th January 2015, 23:13   #1082
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Gentlemen,
I've scheduled a service for my Cedia this coming Monday. Other than the regular stuff do i have to request anything in particular to be checked?

This will be my first service (its a second hand car for me) and the car has done 27,500 kms till date, so just wanted to know Cedia problem areas that should be addressed.

PS: The whining sound is still present but the guy at Mitsu told me when i had visited him 2 months ago that its not a big deal and will be taken care off when the car comes in for service.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh
I don't think car should have any problems at 27.5k. Nothing to watch out for. There are only 2 problems I have faced in 72k+ kms of driving. Horn switch went bad for which they replaced airbag assembly. Was within 7 days of 2 yr warranty. Then recent blinker problem. No issues with car apart from mishandling by A.S.S.
megger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 22:19   #1083
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Thank you Sir ! I dont have the screw driver to open the key - hence i am thinking i will go to a watch repair guy.

CR1616 - watch guys should have it right ?
All standard watch showrooms have the cell battery. Should cost a couple of hundred bucks at the max. The watch repairman in the showroom will also replace it for you.

Have done this twice, once for the main keyfob and once for the duplicate keyfob.

Try the Time Factory outlets etc.
Old 15th January 2015, 00:02   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Mine never did either but got the same replaced nevertheless.
Getting in and out of the car takes more time than getting the PCB replaced By the time I could tell the technician to show me what was being replaced, he was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
OK. Good to know the symptoms. I think I will skip it. The car has never given me that problem.
Old 16th January 2015, 14:19   #1085
BHPian

I'm getting Roulunds brake pads front set for RS 1900. Anyone ever used those? It looks like some European brand.
Old 19th January 2015, 00:15   #1086
BHPian

Hello all, need tyre replacement advice for the Bridgestone RE88s on my Cedia. I've had no problem with those tyres, so happy to get the latest Bridgestone Potenza model. But for someone who drives in typical Delhi traffic plus runs on the Noida and Gurgaon highways, is there something else worth considering (Yokohama, Michelin etc.).

Driving style is not very adventurous
Old 19th January 2015, 17:25   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Talking about tyres, I need to retire my two BS Potenzas since they have started showing slight cracks after 4 years.
The other two tires are Michelin PLC. Now, it seems PLC is no longer sold.
So, is it OK to go with P3ST now?
Old 20th January 2015, 19:04   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the P3ST are what the Cedia needs to shine on curves and tracks. On my recent trip to Poona I was driven to the VW plant and back to Marzorine in a friend's Punto riding on the P3STs . It was a silent (road noise wise) and very comfortable ride. This Fiat has 53000 odd kms. on the odo of which 42 K odd were on Primacy LCs and 11K ++ on the P3STs. This car is driven on all sort of back roads (is currently in Aurangabad) and has never seen a puncture or bulge on either set.

Quote:
Talking about tyres, I need to retire my two BS Potenzas since they have started showing slight cracks after 4 years.
The other two tires are Michelin PLC. Now, it seems PLC is no longer sold.
So, is it OK to go with P3ST now?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 19:20   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Yes, the P3ST are what the Cedia needs to shine on curves and tracks. On my recent trip to Poona I was driven to the VW plant and back to Marzorine in a friend's Punto riding on the P3STs . It was a silent (road noise wise) and very comfortable ride. This Fiat has 53000 odd kms. on the odo of which 42 K odd were on Primacy LCs and 11K ++ on the P3STs. This car is driven on all sort of back roads (is currently in Aurangabad) and has never seen a puncture or bulge on either set.
RE88s were good tyres. Awesome grip on curves. They are little noising when old. I got only 2 punctures in 40000 kms on stock RE88.

I replaced them with MRF ZlO which more soft and silent. But soft tyres don't provide good grip on curves. I will suggest to buy tyres based on your driving style and roads that you mostly commute. Given the chance again I would choose RE88 over ZlO for my driving style.

I can't comment about other tyres as I have not experienced them.
Old 21st January 2015, 11:11   #1090
Senior - BHPian

P3ST is around 5900 INR a piece. Will shop around and get some more quotes.
I had paid 5400 for PLC three years ago.

Last edited by S_U_N : 21st January 2015 at 11:12.
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:03   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Exploring tyre options, someone on TBHP provided a link to an online site which allows you to order tyres.

Never heard of some of the brands, but just in case someone is interested, this is for Cedia. http://www.changemytyre.com/Tyres/Ca...=34&CityID=177

Meanwhile, after hunting around for the 3ST, I realized all the dealers pretty much charge the same amount for the full package (tyre + fitting + valve + balancing + weights). Since I am buying only two tyres, I need to pay extra for the alignment (between 350-600 depending on the dealer).

The Michelin dealer on Nagar road was the cheapest at Rs. 5660/ piece (including fitting + valve + labour for balancing). Weights would be extra charge.
Alignment at Rs. 600 is a rip-off when the A.S.S. itself is charging Rs. 350+ tax.
Old 22nd January 2015, 22:59   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
I have the Australian Lancer (similar to Cedia) workshop manual in PDF.

I can upload it somewhere if anyone is interested.
Size is 57 MB.
Was scouting around for owners manual for our Cedia but didn't manage to find one yet. However, I have recently found the Factory Service Manuals for our car... that's the Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally in the US.

I am not sure for how long I'd keep in in my google drive but for now please help yourselves:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...TQ&usp=sharing

Please check the 2006 model FSM's - that's the exact model for our Cedia's sold in India.

Meanwhile, I got a 15.8 KMPL when I drove to Bangalore from Hyderabad during November. When I drove to Shirdi I got below 14.
When at Bangalore, I got my LPG kit fixed. The pressure sensor was gone. This is placed after the injection rail.
The garage had a kit taken off from another Cedia that was being converted for track purpose and that sensor worked right away. Got the diaphragm and filters changed and costed me a total of Rs 8K.

I might've got abt 13 KMPL on LPG during my return journey. In city I'm getting abt 9 or a little higher with LPG while with Petrol it definitely is 10.xx. Of course, if I drive constantly in heavy traffic areas, it is not even 9 on Petrol.

With Petrol at 66 and LPG at 40, it sure is helping me be economical.

On an earlier trip to Srisailam, the suspension took a beating when the car hit several speed breakers that couldn't be noticed due to heavy rain. A metal contact sound comes from possibly the front right side. The lower arm ball joints need replacement. Working on getting the strut upper mounts with their bearings, the stabilizer sway bar links, strut seat sprint insulators and lower arm ball joints + bushes from the US. A friend is coming in 2 weeks. He allowed me 2 KG's. Stretching that to 2.5

Have to see what exactly is gone only when we open the suspension. But according to two trusted garages, these could be the ones that introduce the sound I am getting.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:37   #1093
Senior - BHPian

So, finally this afternoon got the two ageing BS tires replaced with 3ST.
I had to pay 11850 for two tires including balancing of all four wheels and alignment.

Now, I noticed that the power steering hose is leaking quite bad.

See photo.

However, the reservoir level is almost the same as it was when I had marked it two years ago.

So, now I am not sure if this is indeed PS fluid or something else.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20150123_121847353.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20150123_121853240.jpg
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:43   #1094
Senior - BHPian

This is a standard known niggle - I had mine replaced 2 years ago. This is potentially dangerous and a fire hazard.
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:29   #1095
BHPian

^^ mine too... the power steering fluid hose is leaking for my Cedia too. Any idea of part availability and cost?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks