Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 14:51   #1156
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My Cedia crossed a milestone yesterday - 1,30,000 KMs.

Since yesterday morning, I noticed that when I turn the key, the battery symbol does not show up on the dashboard. The oil symbol shows up and does not go away for quite some time.

Car ran 260 KM on Saturday and another 260 KM on Sunday.
Is your Battery in good shape ?? I faced this Oil indicator problem last year and ASC replaced the Oil sensor and it went away.

About the Left side indicator' light on the Dash, strangely I have exactly same problem. some times it does not blink, though the actual blinkers on front and rear do light up. I feel it is dangerous when sometimes we push the left indicator switch a little harder while giving lane change signal and forget to turn them off. Do share what was the diagnosis of this issue.
ujjwaana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 15:31   #1157
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

The car now at 1,30,xxx KMs has not been used since last Sunday. So, yesterday, I decided to check the behaviour by turning the key and also by starting the car.
1. When the key is turned, the battery, oil, Engine, ABS, SRS and handbrake lights (indicators) all come.
Last Sunday, the battery light was not coming at all.
The battery is probably 1 year old Amaron.

2. After a few seconds, all the lights except handbrake, battery and oil - should go away. (Correct me if I am wrong).
Yesterday, that is what happened.
Last week, since battery light was not coming up, only oil light would remain ON. So, when I look back now, I think the problem was with the battery light which was not coming up.

3. On starting the car, both the battery and the oil lights disappear. If handbrake is ON, only that light remains.
This is what happened yesterday and also on last Sunday.

4. The left indicator light not coming on the dashboard - I did not try this yesterday. I doubt I will be able to reproduce that particular scenario.

However, I have a feeling that this is related to some part which Mitsubishi was replacing some time back (I did not get mine changed).
Old 1st September 2015, 12:36   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hey everyone, I hope you and your rides are doing well. Have been wanting to update this thread for a while now but couldnt do it.

- Front Windscreen - got chipped and cracked last week. Wont claim insurance about 12k.
- 3 Piece paint - front bumber, rear bumper and driver side door - Rs.6k
- Driver side tail light - about 5k (aftermarket not original stanleys), chinese are available for about 3k. I ll go for the 5k one.
- Front left side fog light, not sure if I ll get one or a set of two. Rs.6-8k for a set.

Thats nearly 54k to spend. But that will get the car back in brand new condition.
Hi Gaurav,
Even I have a small chip just above my instrument cluster and was planning to change the Wind screen. But I remember the ASC quoted 61K for the front Windscreen. This 12K you have is the amount you have to pay out of your pocket after Insurance claim ?

Are the paint you are talking about bought from Mitsu ? Even I need touchup in my Rear bumpers

Where are you getting the Tail Lamp from ?? I have Black Smoked ones and the left one is little cracked. Can you share the seller info ?

Quote:
The car now at 1,30,xxx KMs has not been used since last Sunday. So, yesterday, I decided to check the behaviour by turning the key and also by starting the car.
1. When the key is turned, the battery, oil, Engine, ABS, SRS and handbrake lights (indicators) all come.

4. The left indicator light not coming on the dashboard - I did not try this yesterday. I doubt I will be able to reproduce that particular scenario.

However, I have a feeling that this is related to some part which Mitsubishi was replacing some time back (I did not get mine changed).
Taking a note Sun and I would double check this sequence on my car and report back. But I think what you are seeing is correct behavior. It more looks like some loose connection etc and WD40 on all connection joints can fix the issue. you are also correct about the on-Repro of the Left turn Indicator on the dash. I could never repro it . It just happens.
Do you remember which part Mitsu was changing on 'Advisory' ? Last I remember they changed the Oil Pump 2 years back for free.
Old 4th September 2015, 17:24   #1159
BHPian

Its great to see this thread still alive and kicking. Work and travel has kept me away from sharing my experience. Will be heading for the US end of this month. My pre worshipped Cedia completed one year with me and has the ownership has been mostly hassle free save a fuel pump issue in the first four months of ownership.

I generally park below a tree and need to get those tree sap marks off the rear bumper and roof of the car so called up 3M and am taking my vehicle to 3M tomorrow to do an exterior and interior clean up job. They running some nice schemes just in case anyone's interested.

Looking at the sub 4 mts sedans on road i really feel smart buying the Cedia. A complete family sports car that was a generation ahead of its time! (The new generation Honda City still has drums at the rear.)

Hope my ownership remains trouble free!!!

Signing off for now.
Old 6th September 2015, 21:08   #1160
BHPian

Good to see this thread still alive and kicking though the car is no longer there in the Indian market. Even in team-bhp most enthusiasts have forgotten this car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Cedia part prices continue to climb north! Every time I visit SVR I come back home thinking, Is it worth keeping my elephant? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hi Friends

Is it worth keeping the cedia or sell it off? I am really worried about the spares cost and maintenance.
I bought a Creta last month and the Hyundai dealer offered me Rs. 2,75,000/ for my 2009 model Cedia. Some how I did not feel like selling it just because I still love driving this car. Maybe it is the driving position, the steering, handling etc etc. Finally I told them I am keeping the car.

Just a week later, as if the Cedia did not like me buying another ride, a sound started coming from the right side of the car. Took it to a local garage and he told me the Tie-rods need changing. A week later and the sound increased and this time I took it to the authorized service here in Mangalore. They have told me i need to change not only the Tie-rods but also the front shock absorber on the right, preferably the steering assembly (which costs more than 70k bucks) and some other parts-totally the estimate costs north of Rs. 1 lakh! Even worse, the factory does not have them in stock, so nobody has any clue when the parts will arrive

Now I am wondering whether I took the right decision to keep the car. I am in the same boat as VMG and Captain Slow, Are the spares available in the local spares shops? I am trying to get it from the Gulf but it may take time. Right now I am travelling more than 100 km per day and though the mechanic has told I need not worry and i can continue to drive it, but I am not all that confident.
Old 13th September 2015, 19:28   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Update: got 4 new tyres on tuesday. Yokohama S-Drives - since these tyres are now made in India, the prices have gone down. I would have preferred made in Japan ones but they are not available in the market now. Also, I dont expect a company like Yokohama to cut corners to save cost when they are manufacturing in India.

The last set (second set of S-Drives on cedia) costed me around 6k per tyre (installed February 2012). They lasted around 57k kms. The last 7k was honestly a stretch. The tyres lasted way over what I expected mainly because it was driven with a very light foot when I was not in India for over a year or so.

The first set that was installed in February 2010, lasted 40k kms with very heavy foot.

The new set, made in India, had its MRP down from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 5900/-. They costed me Rs. 5700/- per tyre. In total Rs. 22,800/- including tyres, alignment, balancing, new valves, and Nitrogen. I had an expected price of Rs. 6200 in my mind when I went for a change.

The decision to change was made immediately after I had a little drift over gravel at the speed of 60 kmph on a slight curve. An inexperience driver with a lesser car would have landed on pavement. Till now, I am not able to figure out a difference between made in Japan and made in India tyres. The ride of course have improved significantly, considering the last tyres were used way over the recommended level.

Overall, just loving the feel of the car. In pure driving terms, the car feels as good as Brand New, with perfectly fine mechanicals.. Touch wood!

The cosmetic makeover will follow in October/November..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Hi Gaurav,
Even I have a small chip just above my instrument cluster and was planning to change the Wind screen. But I remember the ASC quoted 61K for the front Windscreen. This 12K you have is the amount you have to pay out of your pocket after Insurance claim ?
Yes, I got this quote from after market.. 61k for front windscreen, thats like Range Rover Evoque price...

Quote:
Are the paint you are talking about bought from Mitsu ? Even I need touchup in my Rear bumpers
I use aftermarket support, I still have to get the bumpers painted. Look around for a good paint shop, they are plenty everywhere these days.

Quote:
Where are you getting the Tail Lamp from ?? I have Black Smoked ones and the left one is little cracked. Can you share the seller info ?
Will go to Kashmere gate when I have to get mine changed, will share the seller information once I find one.

I only go to ASC for basic service (god damn, they dont even have basic parts like air filter these days). All other stuff is done in aftermarket, for two key reasons - 1. Price is too high, 2. availability is an issue.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th September 2015 at 19:42.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 13:33   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
.....Will go to Kashmere gate when I have to get mine changed, will share the seller information once I find one.
Do you think you can help me get reasonably priced fog lamps?

I am kinda missing those during rains and sometimes after rains in polluted environments.
Old 15th September 2015, 10:59   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Do you think you can help me get reasonably priced fog lamps?

I am kinda missing those during rains and sometimes after rains in polluted environments.
I will be looking for fog lamps, last I checked they costed around 7K few years back. I believe you would also need the wiring along with it. Not sure, how thats gonna work. My car already has the wiring installed, just need to plug and play.. Of course, would need some silicon to fix them with bumper, the swer locks in bumper are kinda kaput.

I will definitely enquire and let you know. PM me your number. When I go there, I will call you and if you want it, i ll buy it and courier it to you.

regards
GC

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th September 2015 at 11:01.
Old 16th September 2015, 00:15   #1164
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Any idea on how much will the Left side Rear view mirror assembly would cost ? SVR motors quoted me 12k+1.5k for painting.
Old 16th September 2015, 01:49   #1165

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Hi Gaurav,

I have got an Outlander and would need some guidance from you on grey market spare part shop in delhi.

Since I am a new member I cannot pm you. Could you please pm me your email id so that I can get in touch with you?

Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 20:31   #1166
VMG
BHPian

Need a quick advice from you all

Got an offer for 2.75L for my 2007 Cedia sports. Is it OK price to accept.

Thanks.
Old 26th September 2015, 02:34   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Need a quick advice from you all

Got an offer for 2.75L for my 2007 Cedia sports. Is it OK price to accept.

Thanks.
Yes, that is a good price. If you are not selling, please let me know. I have a 2006 Cedia sport.
Old 28th September 2015, 19:01   #1168
BHPian

Guys, I am going to buy a Cedia Sport '06, which has run around 89k kms and I'm buying it from a dealer, the asking price is 2.6L!

I am pretty excited, pls let me know if it's worth to buy the Cedia? I know it is, but considering the issues with the spare parts and other things, is it worth investing?

P.S: It is one of my dream cars
Old 28th September 2015, 20:52   #1169
BHPian

I have 2006 Cedia Sport. My O2 sensor is busted and I'm trying to buy a replacement from Denso. Should I buy a 4 wire or 3 wire one? My mechanic mentioned that Cedias are Euro-2 and hence I need 3 wire sensor. Cedia Gurus please help.
Old 2nd October 2015, 02:20   #1170

Hi Guys !

Hope you and your Cedia's are doing great !

I brought Cedia in Mar'15, it was a single hand driven car with 72k on the ODO. No modifications have been made on the car what so ever so far, just aftermarket alloys and Continental Mac5 205/55/15 tyres.

There is a serious problem in the car and I am desperately looking for help !!

> The car when accelerated more than 120 kmph - Does not brake !
.. I mean, literally the brake pedal wont just go in - no matter how much I try .. If at all if I push it with all my manly strength - the cars go berserk on road and will be all over it

> This problem does not exist if the speed is < 120 kmph
.. Car brakes perfectly, No problems what so ever

> Few days back - I noticed that the ABS light was on on the speedo console - which ideally means the ABS was turned OFF
.. I could easily do speeds over 170 - 180 kmph and there was no problem in braking, there wasn't exceptionally good braking as there ABS was off, but there was BRAKE !

Did anyone of you gentleman get into this issue ? (I hope that everyone says - NO)
Any idea how to get it resolved ?

Worst of all - Is there a way to Turn OFF the ABS permanently, I do not mind being it turned OFF as it seems to work !!

!! As I mentioned before, desperately looking for solution to this issue, I hope you can understand my situation of not being able to drive the Dream car of mine more than 1120 Kmph for over 6 months now !!

I would seriously trade a Beer for suggestions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks