Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 11:49   #1171
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannyrocks View Post
Hi Gaurav,

I have got an Outlander and would need some guidance from you on grey market spare part shop in delhi.

Since I am a new member I cannot pm you. Could you please pm me your email id so that I can get in touch with you?

Thanks
I am not able to PM you either. Drop in an email and I will definitely reply.
On a free day, hit Kashmiri gate auto parts market, and you will be surprised once you scan it. Should get parts for outy from a couple of dealers there.

You can also try palika bhavan or karol bagh but they will source the parts for outy from kashmiri gate only.

If you dont want this hassle, My mechanic is in Gol Market, he can get you the parts from karmiri gate and also install it for you. He has been looking after our cars and those of a few other Bhpians here for years now. Name Raju: 9811241450. You can give my reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I have 2006 Cedia Sport. My O2 sensor is busted and I'm trying to buy a replacement from Denso.
Cedia 2006 is Euro 3. Take a sample along to find the right replacement.

Post 2010 cedias were Euro 4 too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Need a quick advice from you all

Got an offer for 2.75L for my 2007 Cedia sports. Is it OK price to accept.

Thanks.
If I were you, I'd jump on it. In delhi, you would get anywhere between 1.2-1.4 lac for the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaksha View Post
I brought Cedia in Mar'15..

There is a serious problem in the car and I am desperately looking for help !!

> The car when accelerated more than 120 kmph - Does not brake !
.. I mean, literally the brake pedal wont just go in - no matter how much I try .. If at all if I push it with all my manly strength - the cars go berserk on road and will be all over it
First of all find yourself a good mechanic, you cannot run a car like Cedia without either having a good mechanic or at least good knowledge about car mechanicals yourself.

Any how, I would start by
1. Checking the brake booster/cylinder as you say the pedal becomes hard.
2. Checking the brake calipers/pins and pistons.
3. Drain the old brake/clutch fluid and put new oil.
4. meanwhile take of the battery cables for about 10 mins and reinstall them to reset the ECU. (it may still not do the job).
5. Clean the ABS sensors/magnet.

If the problem still persists, get the ECU scanned, it can be code in the ABS sensor or worse kaput sensors, motor or other stuff.

I have a strong feeling it should be booster/cylinder and if not that something with ABS.

regards
GC

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 2nd October 2015 at 11:53.
Old 2nd October 2015, 12:43   #1172
BHPian

Palaksha, do let us know here if your problem gets sorted.
Old 23rd October 2015, 12:41   #1173
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Hey Gaurav,

Are you back in hibernation?
Were you able to look around for the fog lamps?

Is there anyone here who is still running on mineral oil like me?
My running is about 3000 KM for 6 months and I do not feel the necessity to spend for synthetic oil.

Getting 10W 40 mineral oil for around Rs. 1500 seems to be a challenge for me.

Edit: If I find nothing else, then I would probably go for Shell HX7 which is probably semi-synthetic (or mineral?) 3.5 lt can and 1 lit can (will cost Rs. 2000 with almost 900 ml spare for next time)

Last edited by S_U_N : 23rd October 2015 at 12:50.
Old 16th November 2015, 14:43   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Finally the update.

The car needed cosmetic makeover. It has been looking dull and rough for a while now.

Parts

1. Rear Right tail lamp - Rs. 3800 - Depo (taiwanese) Genuine aftermarket light

2. Front fog lights - Rs. 7000 for pair - Depo (taiwanese) Genuine aftermarket light

3. Front Grille - left side missing - Got it from cousin's car - he had right grille missing few months back, so he got a pair for Rs. 2500. I have a pair now - just need to get them pained (one is black and one is white).

4. Left front shocker mount - RBI Genuine aftermarket quality mount - Rs. 1900/-

5. Left front fender lining - (Quality is bad- really bad) - price Rs.950. It shouldn't cost over Rs.100/- for the quality and part. But its for Cedia - so the premium.

6. Right rear view mirror inner glass - Still to source - not finding it.

7. Front wind screen - will get it in january or so. Already spending over Rs. 27k right now.

Paint - Front bumper; Front grille; Rear Bumper; Driver side Door (small dent for a while); Hood (Paint dull plus a small corner dented - could have lived with it - but thought of getting it painted); Roof - Black Gloss Paint (Construction going on at home; a careless worker made sure that few stones while hammering the floor ruin cedia's roof and chip civic's front wind screen).

So, total damage so far Tail lamp - 3.8k, Fog lights - 7k , Shocker mount - 1.9k, fender lining Rs. 950. Labour for mount replacement - 250, Total - Rs.13,900/-

Estimate for Paint - 1.5k each for bumpers and door; and Rs. 2k each for roof and hood. Plus bumper repair and entire car buffing - Total estimate - Rs. 11k. Plus looking for paint protection and interior detailing - Should cost another 5-7k.

Have given the car for paint - should get it by Thursday- Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Hey Gaurav,
Are you back in hibernation?
Were you able to look around for the fog lamps?
Haha, sorry, have been busy for a while now.
Managed to get fog lights on Saturday - Make Depo - Quality lights at Rs. 7000 for a pair.

Quote:
Is there anyone here who is still running on mineral oil like me?

My running is about 3000 KM for 6 months and I do not feel the necessity to spend for synthetic oil.
Sticking to 10k kms or 1 year is fine with mineral oil. My cousin's cedia has been following this for a while now.

Quote:
Getting 10W 40 mineral oil for around Rs. 1500 seems to be a challenge for me.
Is that castrol magnetic semi synthetic?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th November 2015 at 14:45.
Old 18th November 2015, 00:14   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Which paint(er) shop this time Gaurav?

For car detailing try Dazzle in Ramesh Nagar/Mansarovar garden, have heard a lot of good things about this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Estimate for Paint - 1.5k each for bumpers and door; and Rs. 2k each for roof and hood. Plus bumper repair and entire car buffing - Total estimate - Rs. 11k. Plus looking for paint protection and interior detailing - Should cost another 5-7k.

Have given the car for paint - should get it by Thursday- Friday.
Old 18th November 2015, 17:05   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Which paint(er) shop this time Gaurav?
Sir, he's the one we use services of in South Moti Bagh near gurudwara.. have been using his services for 6-7 years and quite satisfied.

Quote:
For car detailing try Dazzle in Ramesh Nagar/Mansarovar garden, have heard a lot of good things about this place
Sure, will call for a quote, thanks. PM me the number if you have.. else will google it. I have been getting insane rates from 3M.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th November 2015 at 17:07.
Old 18th November 2015, 22:26   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, do let me have the painter's contact details and see below for Dazzle's

9818465071 contact Jaspreet Singh

As for the rates they are all in the stratosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sir, he's the one we use services of in South Moti Bagh near gurudwara.. have been using his services for 6-7 years and quite satisfied.

Sure, will call for a quote, thanks. PM me the number if you have.. else will google it. I have been getting insane rates from 3M.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 11:51   #1178
Senior - BHPian

It is time for major servicing (though without major running )

Have got 4 liters of Castrol Magnatec 10W 40 (says: part synthetic and meets API SN requirements.) Cost ~ Rs. 1750

Got Taiwan made Air filter from Mars India for Rs. 700 (and installed it myself). There was immediate difference felt in my 250 KM journey. They say it is the same company that makes it for Mitsubishi. The fiter quality seems fine to me.

Got two oil filters (Santro) from Hyundai store for Rs. 100. Mars India is also selling oil filter - Rs 400

Time to also change coolant and brake fluid (since those are older than 24 months).
Will also get the brake pads checked on all four wheels.

Do I need to buy 6 or 8 liters of coolant? How much does that cost? And which commonly available brand should I go for.

How much brake fluid and which one?

Wheel rotation is required after another 500 KM. On express way, did not feel the car going left/ right - so alignment seems to be intact after 4000+ KM of travel.

Will also get spark plugs cleaned (and perhaps throttle body) along with under body inspection.

What else is required? I still see the grease on the door joints to be green and fresh after more than a year.

Last edited by S_U_N : 28th November 2015 at 11:52.
Old 28th November 2015, 19:48   #1179
BHPian

New Mitsubishi A.S.S. in Bangalore

Has anyone tried the new Mitsubishi service center in Bangalore- Vijayachandra Motors?

SVR seems severely overloaded. Both are equally far away for me, but a second option is always helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-cedia_service_centres_bangalore.jpg  

Old 30th November 2015, 11:13   #1180
BANNED

Re: New Mitsubishi A.S.S. in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Has anyone tried the new Mitsubishi service center in Bangalore- Vijayachandra Motors?
I've been there once. Its a pretty small place with 4 bays and I do not have good reports about their quality of service. People say that they do not have skilled mechanics yet. No personal experience though.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:47   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Brake and coolant fluid simply go for Tutella. This is made by Petronas is OE for Fiat available at all of their workshops including Thrust motors in Moti Nagar and is very good quality. If you want to change the gear oil you can get Rutella, again made by Petronas.

If you can find a Petronas dealer you can buy these cheap. I believe the Palika centre/Bhavan (near Raju's) market has a dealer and Karol bagh will surely have one too.

Brake oil around a litre and coolant IIRC 4+ litres went in. Don't remember the costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Time to also change coolant and brake fluid (since those are older than 24 months).
Will also get the brake pads checked on all four wheels.

Do I need to buy 6 or 8 liters of coolant? How much does that cost? And which commonly available brand should I go for.

How much brake fluid and which one?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 20:32   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Brake and coolant fluid simply go for Tutella. This is made by Petronas is OE for Fiat available at all of their workshops including Thrust motors in Moti Nagar and is very good quality. If you want to change the gear oil you can get Rutella, again made by Petronas.

If you can find a Petronas dealer you can buy these cheap. I believe the Palika centre/Bhavan (near Raju's) market has a dealer and Karol bagh will surely have one too.

Brake oil around a litre and coolant IIRC 4+ litres went in. Don't remember the costs.
Thanks. But why are you giving me Dilli pointers?

Tutella - I cannot find this available in Pune (at least no online information).
I might be able to get Paraflu Up. Is that the same stuff?

Got oil changed today. The old one was really not in good shape (very watery after 4000 KM/ 8 months.
I have a good feeling about the Castrol one. I cannot say that I would strech it upto 1 year. That sounds really too much.

I discussed with my mechanic about coolant and brake fluid replacement along with brake servicing. Will have to leave the vehicle for a full day to get those things done.

Coolant = 6 liters written in the manual. Is that pre-mixed volume?

Got spark plugs checked and cleaned (and had already installed air filter few weeks ago).

Will have to drive around just to see if there is any difference now with oil change.

Gaurav: Rs. 7000 for just the fog lamps? What about wiring harness? I need to try Kurla CST road some time soon to get those.

Car will complete 9 years next week.
Old 5th December 2015, 13:44   #1183
Senior - BHPian

So, Petronas has just one dealer in Pune and he is on the opposite side. No shops sell their products as per the distributor.

So, I cut the chase. Will ask my mechanic to put anything else respectable.

He also mentioned that we need to bleed the brakes in a certain order since there is ABS. I did some quick googling and found that indeed that is the case. I am not sure if this is mentioned in the manual.
Something here: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=211869
Not sure if it is exactly the same.
Old 12th December 2015, 11:17   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know of a source for front and rear brake discs in bangalore? SVR wants 50k to replace the discs which I do not wish to pay.
Old 13th December 2015, 11:37   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Anyone know of a source for front and rear brake discs in bangalore? SVR wants 50k to replace the discs which I do not wish to pay.
I just got myself a preloved Cedia, While surfing around for spares came across this website. May be useful to you.

http://www.motrpart.in/model/144/mitsubishi/cedia

PS: I did not buy anything from this website yet, so cant say if these are genuine.
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks