Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 14:41   #1216
BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Did anyone in Bangalore get his Cedia serviced at VikramChandra Mitsu on Bannergatta Road ? How is the Feedback ?? though SVR served me ok ok for 3 years, last time their Advisor was trying to up sell necessary repairs which I was taken aback.
Old 8th February 2016, 14:52   #1217
BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Did anyone in Bangalore get his Cedia serviced at VikramChandra Mitsu on Bannergatta Road ? How is the Feedback ?? though SVR served me ok ok for 3 years, last time their Advisor was trying to up sell necessary repairs which I was taken aback.
I had the same experience with SVR last time. I will not recommend SVR to anyone till something changes drastically. I am planning to try Vijaychandra for fixing air bag issue ( recent recall). Seems they are awaiting for spares.
Old 8th February 2016, 14:58   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I had the same experience with SVR last time. I will not recommend SVR to anyone till something changes drastically. I am planning to try Vijaychandra for fixing air bag issue ( recent recall). Seems they are awaiting for spares.
My last experience with SVR forced me to sell my Cedia. The less said about them, the better it is.
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:08   #1219
BHPian

Cost of new key for cedia - Rs 10,000 /=
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:28   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does your car have the immobilizer? If so the cost is because of coding a new key to the same.

Its similar for all cars with an immobilizer. Frankly I was expecting it to be more considering the cost of other spare parts .
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:12   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Does your car have the immobilizer? If so the cost is because of coding a new key to the same.

Its similar for all cars with an immobilizer. Frankly I was expecting it to be more considering the cost of other spare parts .
I am not sure but I was under impression that it has immobilizer. Mine is 2008 cedia spirit. My key is broken and metal barrel has come out from the plastic shell. I tried starting the engine just with metal barrel and it started. Does that mean it is not having immobilizer?

just the plastic cover of the key is broken. I am able to unlock/lock the doors and start the engine also. I told the same to ASC over phone.why is ASC asking for Rs 10,000 for replacing plastic shell?
My local key shop is ready to fix it in 500 Rs. I will try out this week.

by the way, even coding the key should be just a simple process of burning some code in the memory/flash of chip. why should it cost so much?
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:23   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

OMG OMG

2 Years ago I lost my Cedia Key in Spenser Koramangla. Tried searching in entire store and left my number with the store manager to inform me if some cleaning staff finds it in the bays while cleaning. Called my flatmate to get my spare key and drove back. Luckily , after 2 hours I got a call from the manager that some gentle person found the key on the pavement and hung it on the tree branch in front of the store. Some Store staff found it and gave to the manager. Interesting story which teaches that one should try all the means.
Also gave me a lesson to carry both the keys on long drives.

By the way any good feedback from Vikram Chandra Mitsubishi ?
Old 23rd February 2016, 21:35   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure but I was under impression that it has immobilizer. Mine is 2008 cedia spirit. My key is broken and metal barrel has come out from the plastic shell. I tried starting the engine just with metal barrel and it started. Does that mean it is not having immobilizer?

just the plastic cover of the key is broken. I am able to unlock/lock the doors and start the engine also. I told the same to ASC over phone.why is ASC asking for Rs 10,000 for replacing plastic shell?

by the way, even coding the key should be just a simple process of burning some code in the memory/flash of chip. why should it cost so much?
No idea why to be honest but I know for sure that even Honda charges 10 grand for a remote key on a car equipped with an immobilizer. They claim some stuff has to come from Japan for the same. I wanted another spare key for my brio as it only comes with one remote key and that is how much they asked for it.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:41   #1224
BHPian

can someone give me contact of HM representative at Bangalore? I need to escalate an issue with SVR.

My old contact is no more working for HM.
Old 25th February 2016, 11:27   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Adding new keys to our cedias without immobilisers is pretty easy.

The immobiliser chip usually is the one marked below in red. It goes into the white slot inside the key.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-key.jpg

My car/key doesnt have the immobiliser. Spare key opened up for a battery change :

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20160118_140118001.jpg

According to Mitsubishi, one can add upto 4 remote/keys to our cars. I have a couple of new keys on the way; will try and update the thread when they are here. The procedure to do is below :

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-key1.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-key2.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-key3.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 23:37   #1226
BHPian

The Immolizer Chip is selling on Aliexpress for USD 33 / Lot of 10. That is $3 a piece or Rs 220 !!
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-S...f-7d5b9f89a60d

Looking at the rate at which HM is looting us, few of us can pool in and get Blank Keys and Immobilizer Chip for future

By the way, is there a way to change the ECU setting to lock the Doors after the engine is on for say a minute ? I dump my laptop bag in the rear seat and fear when I am stopped at signal, anyone can open the door and whisk it away ...

EDIT: The Car Blank key with Chip 315Mhz Remote Keyless entry - $20 !! That's Rs 1400. So even if you add, those "Computerized" Key guys would take Rs 300 for duplicating the key, Mitsubishi is cheating us 5-7 Times!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remot...5-897a24f21dba

Last edited by ujjwaana : 26th February 2016 at 00:02.
Old 26th February 2016, 07:25   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post

EDIT: The Car Blank key with Chip 315Mhz Remote Keyless entry - $20 !! That's Rs 1400. So even if you add, those "Computerized" Key guys would take Rs 300 for duplicating the key, Mitsubishi is cheating us 5-7 Times!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remot...5-897a24f21dba
If you're buying remote or keys from AliExpress, make sure you buy the 433MHz version. 315MHz won't work with our Indian Cedias.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 13:00   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
If you're buying remote or keys from AliExpress, make sure you buy the 433MHz version. 315MHz won't work with our Indian Cedias.
My Bad! Here goes the 433Mhz version ... still way cheap than Mitsu guys

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...5-1442b0cd523e
Old 29th February 2016, 14:37   #1229
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know the older Cedias did not come with immobilizer. My 2006 does not.

I think they changed that sometime in 2008-09.

If the metal part is broken then it not really a big deal for replacement.
Old 29th February 2016, 19:38   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Mine is 2007 Sept and it has Immobilizer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks