Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 19:21   #1246
BHPian

I am unable to find caliper kit for the Cedia front brakes . The service centre quoted a ridiculous 4500 + taxes on the kit which I think is ridiculous . I remember having paid around 1200 for the rear tyre about a few years back . Can anyone kindly suggest on this ?
Old 27th March 2016, 07:44   #1247

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Hello Cedizens,

Need some input from you guys. I am a novice when it comes to cars and I am in the market for a FTD ride in budget. This will be my primary ride for at least next 3 years. I am ok with a little maintenance and higher running costs but want a ride which would be relatively reliable with hassle free ownership.

With that background in mind the car in question is: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...hi/Cedia.html/

It is from a fellow team-bhpian and seems to be well cared for. So my questions are
  • Am I being too adventurous looking at a 7 year old car considering it needs to be my only ride for the next few years?
  • How would you guys compare the cedia with the fiesta 1.6s(the other car in consideration) in terms of ride quality and handling?
  • Moreover I feel the asking price is a little steep. What do you guys think about it?

Cheers!
Old 28th March 2016, 00:32   #1248
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

That's Rishi Kapoor's car. Rishi is a gem of a person & a Mitsubishi aficionado, all of his vehicles are very well looked after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
It is from a fellow team-bhpian and seems to be well cared for.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 07:42   #1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That's Rishi Kapoor's car. Rishi is a gem of a person & a Mitsubishi aficionado, all of his vehicles are very well looked after.
Thanks khoj,

I have very limited knowledge about car maintenance. I am sure the car is well looked after. My bigger concern is, am I up for the challenge of taking care of a car which has stopped selling a long time ago from a company which seems non existent in the market.
Old 28th March 2016, 08:42   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Thanks khoj,

I have very limited knowledge about car maintenance. I am sure the car is well looked after. My bigger concern is, am I up for the challenge of taking care of a car which has stopped selling a long time ago from a company which seems non existent in the market.
The major issue is the sourcing of wear and tear parts. The prices quoted by the authorized service center for things like brake pads is atrocious. If you can find someone who can source parts for reasonable money, it is a fabulous car to own. It has no issues as such and is supremely reliable.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th March 2016 at 08:51.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 10:57   #1251

I am currently located in Delhi. Would be glad to hear from Cedizens in the NCR region about where they source there parts from?
Old 11th April 2016, 18:57   #1252
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a 2010 Cedia sports which has been doing very well. I have clocked 71000 kms till date. Just a couple of days back my A/C gave away in the blistering summer. The service center tells me that the blower motor needs to be replaced. They have quoted 20K .

Is there any place in Bangalore where i can get the motor checked for repair? 20K is a huge amount and i dont want to spend it until i know the motor has been checked and is beyond repair.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shyam
Old 13th June 2016, 13:24   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Thanks! Yes I ended up buying brembos from the distributor in goa. They'll hopefully arrive in a day or two. 18.4k for all Discs+pads.
Hi, I know you sold your car, but did you install those brembos. If yes, could you please detail something on the performance.

I am contemplating about buying the discs and pads for both front and rear for my car.

Could you also detail if the discs were slotted?

Update:- Its kinda mid-life crisis, as I said earlier, cant upgrade to a bimmer for a few years atleast, so pimping the Cedia..

Have already ordered Tein lowering springs from US. My brothers have gone there for holiday, lucky them - dont have start up to run (and fund ). Also ordered caliper pins and boots.

Will be changing the entire front suspension, left front control arm is done and the other suspension parts are over 75k kms done.

Looking at a good estimate:-

Tien Lowering Springs:- 14k plus additional weight - duty if applicable.
Front Struts:- 10k, i guess they are KYB, need to check.
Control Arms:- 4-5k
Link kit bushes:- about Rs.500
Tie rod/ends are fine:- will change them if and when needed

Font caliper pins/boots:- about 3200/-
Brambo disks/pads:- about 19k/-
Labour:- 1.5-2k.

That should be nearly 55k.

Quote:
K&N
Sir, did you once say something about a K&N

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 13th June 2016 at 13:38.
Old 13th June 2016, 13:40   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hi, I know you sold your car, but did you install those brembos. If yes, could you please detail something on the performance.

I am contemplating about buying the discs and pads for both front and rear for my car.

Could you also detail if the discs were slotted?
Yes had installed them and the braking performance was significantly better than stock brakes and discs.

My discs were solid. From the feedback I gathered, it appeared that the solid discs were actually better than the slotted ones.

For more info, please ping sunnyboi who is on the forum as well. He bought my car so the ride is still with a team-bhp'ian.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 19:47   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I did & it's ready to go.

Quote:
Sir, did you once say something about a K&N
Send me the links for the Tien & Brembo along with related stuff, especially the Tiens.

Anything on upsizing the alloys to 16" ?
Old 14th June 2016, 12:33   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did & it's ready to go.
Are you using it or you still have the older one that you had installed - the blue one, cant remember the name.

Where is it going . Lets speak in the evening.

Quote:
Send me the links for the Tien & Brembo along with related stuff, especially the Tiens.
Tiens:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-SKE06-A...ZXLeVj&vxp=mtr

Brembos:- speaking to dealers in chennai and goa. Should get an update today.

Struts and arms - will go with raju in about a week or two to Kashmiri gate to get them

Quote:
Anything on upsizing the alloys to 16" ?
No way, two reasons:- 1. have 12k kms done S-Drives, still a lot of life left; 2. After lowering the car - 16s will definately touch untill its 205/50/16. That means the tyres will be expensive and more vulnerable to damage. I think I can live with 15s, may change the alloys sometime later if I feel, or unless you want to upgrade to 16s and give me those momo alloys .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th June 2016 at 12:34.
Old 14th June 2016, 23:52   #1257
Senior - BHPian

It's a K&N CAI kit and is still in the Blue Streak, added an original recharge kit too that has been used once by Raju to clean the set up.

It's ready to go to whoever wants to buy it and that's you

Quote:
Are you using it or you still have the older one that you had installed - the blue one, cant remember the name.

Where is it going . Lets speak in the evening.

............... or unless you want to upgrade to 16s and give me those momo alloys .
As for the alloys, yes I have been thinking of getting 16" for some time but the importers here are not willing to order them in a single PCD design and I hate the multi PCD arrangement. Let's see if I travel to the US this year I will look for something. Now a days I am exploring the idea of getting a crate engine complete with a 6 speed auto box and swapping the current drive train. Let's see what comes of it.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 19:41   #1258
Senior - BHPian

I had a problem with the ignition key hole for almost 18 months - I needed to use some pressure while turning the key to start the car.
After pestering my mechanic for several months, a few weeks ago, he solved this problem in flat 15 minutes -which included opening up the part below the steering wheel, removing the copper-like circular parts, gently putting it back to shape with a light hammer and a screwdriver, and then fitting it back.

Very happy with the results now!

Car runs once a month - so not really willing to spend on anything - but still interested in the fog lamps if I can source them.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 21:49   #1259
BHPian

My cedia enters its 8th year.
The annual service is being done and the following repairs are being done:

1. Replace rear brake pads
2. Replace front lower arm bushes
3. Replace roller engine mount

None of the spares are available with the dealer, Pethkar motors pune. It is as if the dealer has given up hope!

So am ordering spares for Mars India, Mumbai over phone and whatsapp.
Phone and Whatsapp: 90294 89033
Rates are:
Rear brake pads 3000
Lower arm bush set 1800
roller engine mount 3600

courier charges 300

The engine mount is manufactured by some local vendor to the specifications of original. Will come to know the quality when it reaches me and the mechanic compares it with the original.

Fortunately the dealer is ready to install spare parts procured from outside.

Am posting pics of the parts to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20160630_172107.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20160630_171957.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20160630_172136.jpg  

Old 25th July 2016, 15:07   #1260
BHPian

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4 lakh km up & new S-...

Dear Cedizens,

Our 2009 Cedia sports has thrown it's very first tantrum in all these years.

The car is refusing to start since yesterday i.e the engine cranks properly but it does not come to life.

There is no check engine light on the console, I tried looking up for any error code with the help of an OBD - II adapter but it yielded no results.

Any pointers on what this could be?

Most Viewed