Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2018, 18:32   #1321

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Thanks Sunny for your generous gesture to help me through. Would be looking forward for the meet up soon.

Note from Support: Not more than 2 smilies allowed per post. Thanks.
Hi Sunny
I own a Cedia select 2008 model which has run 75K and needs some maintenance. I need your help in finding some good service place for my car
can I call you or any members ready to help me?

thanks
ravi

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2018 at 18:52. Reason: Removing your personal cell phone number from the post.
Old 28th October 2018, 00:54   #1322
BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Cedia veterans, how much should one cough up for a 2011 Cedia sports ( the one with OZ alloys)done 50 k ?
Also are spares hard to come by?
Old 28th October 2018, 08:25   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Cedia veterans, how much should one cough up for a 2011 Cedia sports ( the one with OZ alloys)done 50 k ?
Also are spares hard to come by?

Which Location? If the car is in Mint Condition 3-3.5L, Maybe even 4L if the car is in excellent shape, else 2.5-2.75L

Spares are a bit hard to find not impossible, you will have to dedicate time to source the parts from the right places.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 10:16   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
If the car is in Mint Condition 3-3.5L, Maybe even 4L
There goes my hope of buying a project car!
I thought of scoring one in decent nick for less than a couple of lakhs to soup up later.
As it turns out most of them have been converted to CNG/LPG and those that are in a good condition are quite expensive. The one I came across in classifieds belongs to south and owner is asking 5 lakhs!
Another car which I wanted was OHC VTEC, I have come across 1 lakh kms done for almost 4 lakhs!

Another one of my childhood favourite- Lancer .
Gotten a quote of 2 lakhs for a single owner 13 year old car!

I am looking for a car in good nick , which is cheap ( of course) to which I can do filter, headers and exhaust mods to begin with.

Any pointers?
Old 23rd December 2018, 18:54   #1325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijag View Post
Hi Sunny
I own a Cedia select 2008 model which has run 75K and needs some maintenance. I need your help in finding some good service place for my car
can I call you or any members ready to help me?

thanks
ravi

Suggest you head over to our directory section which has quite a few FNGs that could help: Link to section.
Old 30th December 2018, 22:07   #1326

Thank you! Iam planning to sell my cedia. If anyone is interested pls reach out to me. It has 85k on the meter and is a select model of 2008
Old 4th February 2019, 11:25   #1327
BHPian

Can someone please share parts catalogue od cedia? Searching for part no of coolant tank.
Old 26th March 2019, 17:18   #1328
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Can someone please share parts catalogue od cedia? Searching for part no of coolant tank.
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I saw a post by 'AVIMAL' where he wanted the part number of coolant tank assembly for his Mitsubishi Cedia. I believe he is looking for - MR450237 TANK ASSY, RADIATOR CONDENSER. Please pass this on to him.

Refer to this site for part numbers. Be specific about model codes. https://www.megazip.net/search?q=CS6 Very useful for Mitsubishi owners, enthusiasts to be precise.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 15:22   #1329
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been owning a Cedia Sports since 2010. Completed 90K on Odo. The car is running like a charm .

Whenever i leave the car untouched for a few weeks, i have some problems with rodents which chew off the Headlight wires. So everytime i go to the mechanic to get it fixed. This time he told me that the Front ECU which controls the lights isnt working fully because the Parking lights switch off after a few seconds. Also the warning alarm when car is switched off with lights also doesnt sound.

Though these are minor issues and the headlights work iam a bit concerned about having to replace the front ECU, i think its Denso. Do you know of anyone who repairs this component. Iam sure it can be repaired. As the car gets old i would like to repair not replace because all Cedia components are attrociously priced.

One more question i had on the clutch. My mechanic is very reliable . This time he mentioned that the clutch needs to be replaced. I dont see any signs of a bad clutch except that gear change isnt as smooth as earlier though its still good. There is no vibration or noise in the clutch. The car is stationary untill i release the clutch around half way.

So what are the sure signs that the clutch is bad. The owners who have been riding the same clutch for 120K kms how do you know its still good. Since the Cedia clutch is expensive i want to make sure i use it as much as possible before replacement

Thanks
Shyam
Old 11th July 2019, 15:14   #1330
BHPian

Hi,
Does anyone knows the Specifications of OBD port in our Cedia ? Is it OBD-I or OBD-II ? I have a 2007 Cedia Sports and a while back I did used a ELM-327 based Bluetooth dongle sand used TorquePro App to render various Gauge on the Windscreen , but due to Ghost image , I shelved the idea. But now on Aliexpress you get good HUD for $50 mark, but the one I liked specifically mentioned that it needs OBD-II.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...a0a12e0eZ5pTT6

Also, Bengaluru owners, have you found any reliable 3rd party Workshop cable to service our Ride ? SVR Motors have continued to be jackass ...

Thanks in Advance,
Ujjwal
Old 22nd April 2020, 13:18   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijag View Post
Thank you! Iam planning to sell my cedia. If anyone is interested pls reach out to me. It has 85k on the meter and is a select model of 2008
Hi Ravi,

Myself Prasoon here. A Petrolhead!

Was going through some Cedia Threads. Happen to see your Cedia was up for sale. I know it was in 2018, but just checking in case is still there ?

Or any threads leading to a good pre-owned Cedia. PM me if you feel free.

Regards
Prsn

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd April 2020 at 15:10. Reason: Removing personal info.
Old 24th April 2020, 11:43   #1332
BHPian

Cedizen or Cedians,

Mods- Please move this to right forum or thread if that makes sense.

Off-late (read lockdown and time spent on travel is now spent on reads) I have been seriously bitten by a bug called Cedia. There were similiar bugs bitten me in last 1 decade - it was the Baleno, 1.5 City and Vtec. Driven most of it till date, I have been satisfied with 94bhp (Baleno) 100 bhp (City 1.5) and 106bhp from Vtec. Till I came to know there is a tiny 2.0L churning 115bhp Mitsubishi Cedia !! But I think this is even more serious bug and has no anti-dote till date than buy and tame it !! A pure petrolhead guy severly bitten by Cedia :( . Hope I can get a hand on it soon !

I have read the almost 89 pages of this thread and many more by GC, Mandheers, reignofchaos, etc, etc, and many. Names are so familair to me Now to make things very simple I have only two (Many more will follow for sure) queries for now.

Query 1 : I have searched left right, north, south and most of cedia threads to get a glimpse of Manual (The so called Brochure, with Trims, Specifications. Features etc) which will compare with different models like Elegant, Spirit (is it there), Select, Sport etc,. Can any of you guys post that here PDF or any other format to see the comparions of models.

Query 2 : I have found a KL register 2008 Model Cedia Select run close to 80,000km. It was owned by one of judge in HC (High Court) of Kerala and seems registered in the name of HC and has Govt Of India Insurance (That is news for me and is Comprehensive). Yet to see the vehicle, even without that due to the Cedia bug I'm ready to take the plunge and pay an advance. Such has been the impact of the ownership threads in Tbhp..lol. The quote is about non nego 2.4L, they mentioned bushes was changed recently and oil change. Tyres are obviously second set decent enough, but not bad. What do you experts cedians suggest about price as per the details mentioned. What all should I look into the wear and tear parts and maintenance side of car (Mechanicals, Electricals, Engine, Suspension, A/C etc ). Is it better to go to a Mitsubishi Showroom to have a detailed check or into any multibrand showroom (Say Bosch or any) having a good mechanic will do ? I know it's a very expensive (esp spares and parts for replacement) car to maintain - (I did my little homework, still learning phase) but still my heart is yearning for a Cedia !

Regards
Prsnck
prsnck is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 11:07   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post

Driven most of it till date, I have been satisfied with 94bhp (Baleno) 100 bhp (City 1.5) and 106bhp from Vtec. Till I came to know there is a tiny 2.0L churning 115bhp Mitsubishi Cedia !! But I think this is even more serious bug and has no anti-dote till date than buy and tame it !! A pure petrolhead guy severly bitten by Cedia :(
You seem to have right risk appetite. But, please be aware Cedia engine is not very powerful for what the rest of the car can do. The real fun with cedia is in the driving dynamics. It is amazing to experience the way cedia turns into corners how the steering feels. Another area, where it trumps is the suspension set up. You drive it on a rough patch and you'll never sit in any honda. Then, the same applies to all mitsubishi vehicles. Also it feels very old school (in a good way), and shrinks around you.

Quote:
Query 1 : Can any of you guys post that here PDF or any other format to see the comparions of models.
There is no difference mechanically or feature wise. Sports comes with black interios, vs beige on the rest. Sports also has all round skirt and spoiler. BTW, this car looks odd without skirt and spoiler, as it has a downward sloping boot design.
In 2010,they added automatic climate control (across the models) , momo steering and oz racing alloys on sports.
In 2012 they mixed both models and made one with biege interior and all that sports version had.

Quote:
Query 2 : I have found a KL register 2008 Model Cedia Select run close to 80,000km.
Prsnck
This is more of a heart's call. So, don't think much. If you indeed wish to, I bought 2010 cedia sports in 2016 for 3 lakhs.
Good luck
WhiteKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 21:16   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
You seem to have right risk appetite. But, please be aware Cedia engine is not very powerful for what the rest of the car can do. The real fun with cedia is in the driving dynamics. It is amazing to experience the way cedia turns into corners how the steering feels. Another area, where it trumps is the suspension set up. You drive it on a rough patch and you'll never sit in any honda. Then, the same applies to all mitsubishi vehicles. Also it feels very old school (in a good way), and shrinks around you.
I think you almost nailed it and read my mind out ! Thanks for it. The way I mentioned all in bhp, would sense to anyone I'm purely looking for power. Hmm not only power, but along with the dynamics equally important to me - that's what keep me drive the best drivers cars in last few decade and even now can give a run for its money ! The driving dynamics is one, then ergonomics yes and how vehicle respond in each situations uphill, straight roads, corners, how the engine responds to various challenges etc,. Yes heard about the suspension and aboue brakes (all discs). So my idea is simple, where on earth I get a heady mix all of this in a Sedan to experience. That sums up my need of a Cedia. I think rally is in the blood of Mitsubishi and is evident here. But the only flip side as I hear is expensive to maintain and poor re-sale, will have to live with it I think.

Quote:
There is no difference mechanically or feature wise. Sports comes with black interios, vs beige on the rest. Sports also has all round skirt and spoiler. BTW, this car looks odd without skirt and spoiler, as it has a downward sloping boot design.
In 2010,they added automatic climate control (across the models) , momo steering and oz racing alloys on sports.
In 2012 they mixed both models and made one with biege interior and all that sports version had.
That's good explanation in simple way.

Quote:
This is more of a heart's call. So, don't think much. If you indeed wish to, I bought 2010 cedia sports in 2016 for 3 lakhs.
Good luck
Much thanks. Hope I will be able to listen to my heart soon (As Roxette sings)

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th April 2020 at 23:05. Reason: Mod note inline.
Old 5th January 2021, 12:09   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.89 lakh km up: Now Sold

Update Dec 2020: 189,000 kms on the clock. Now sold.

The pandemic came as a shock for everyone of us. Most of our cars were not moved for months. The outlander did the job well with me adding nearly 48k kms in the last three and a half years and the total reading now standing at 90k kms. I got married last year in november and we bought an Amaze iDtec CVT for the wife for our 90kms per day travel to and fro gurgaon.

The Cedia was mainly used by my father for local runs on weekdays while on weekends he preferred the automatic amaze. Came lockdown and many of us started working from home. The cedia was hence literally parked, as my father was using the amaze. The Cedia did only 2-3 k kms in last year. I thought of getting it back to a condition where, I'd again love to drive it but at 1.89 k kms and nearly 2 years of ignorance, there was much to be fixed.

For starters, two tyres needed replacement and front discs needed replacement. The Door glass beadings needed changing as the doors were taking in water. Also included fixing was, the drive side power window channel, driver seat leather and pioneer headset.

Coming to mechanicals, the tappet cover seal needed replacement, the hydraulic steering hose pipe needed replacement, hydraulic engine mount needed replacement and both side axle boots needed replacement. The AC too was not cooling since november and I had to get it checked.

On the Outside, the front bumper needed to be replaced (as it was fixed way too many times), and almost the entire car needed a paint job. The right tail light too needed replacement. In total I was looking at over a lac rupees to be spent, knowing that the car will have to be scrapped in less than 2 years, all thanks to the NGT.

I checked if I can get a 2012-13 example cedia in Delhi/NCR, but there aren't any.

Finally took a plunge and let the car go with a heavy heart. She was a hell of a ride. I'm sure, I will be never be able to find a perfect replacement for her, NEVER. She was a perfect companion for over 11 years and 1.68k kms.

With all my experience with Cedia and Outlander, I can definitely say that even to this date "All the best stuff is MADE IN JAPAN" (Back to the Future 3).

Proudly repeating the phrase I coined 11 years ago "Some people drive just to get to their destinations, others drive Mitsubishi!"

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th January 2021 at 12:13.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks