Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 23:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

“Some People Drive just to get to their Destinations.... Others Drive MITSUBISHI!!!”

It all started when I came back from the UK in 2008. I wanted a new car and the budget was 5 lacs. So it was always a swift, it looks sporty, its VFM and its Maruti Suzuki (though it’s more of only Suzuki). However, its a fact that every other car you see on the road these days is a swift. My cousin has it and my brother in law has it. Having driven it numerous times, I knew that buying a swift would neither be exciting and nor will it give a feeling of a new car.

Sometime in mid 2008, I first drove my cousin’s nine year old Mitsubishi Lancer, what a car, what a gearshift and what a drive. It was ever soooooooo smooth and always felt planted, even at 140, even at 150 and even at 160. The handling was just perfect. I stepped off and drove other cousin’s one and a half year old Swift. I felt, aaaa,aaaaaaa,aaaaa, is this a car one and a half year old, and was that a car nine years old. Man, the swift stood nowhere near the nine year old lancer.

It was then when my cousin told me about CEDIA, he said, it’s a new lancer, its Mitsubishi and would be better than lancer. And the best part is that the resale is Awefull…. It was then when I went to Asian motors for a test drive. The sports model in White looked awesome, the side skirts and spoiler made me say that’s what I want. The very straight and simple dashboard like we find in Audis and the carbon fibre and titanium finish with leather interiors made me feel a class ahead. When I test drove it, the 2 litre engine with 115bhp did feel a bit underpowered but that I knew was to improve fuel efficiency and was catered according to the bad quality Indian fuel. The best thing was the gear shift, I guess the best among the lot and the driving pleasure (awesome) cannot be expressed in words. The suspension I felt was a bit hard, but this is again to cater to bad roads and then since it’s a driver’s car the suspension needed to be stiff. The only thing I didn’t like were the tyres, the Bridgestone Potenza’s make a lot of noise and doesn’t fit with the car’s handling capabilities (a must change). Overall, I just fell in love with the car.

To have a fair idea I also drove used corolla, citys, optra, civic and other lancers. Each has a different experience, but heart and heart, Cedia was the clear winner for me. Although, civic felt like the car which was great package, but cedia’s driving pleasure is still more. Civic’s suspention is much softer and the steering is quite hard. The handling I felt was not as good as that of cedia. However, the 1.8 litre with 130ps and over 6000 revs make it an excellent car to drive. And then with the Honda badge attached to it, the Civic has no need to explain itself. Furthermore, you still can’t get a used civic for less than 7lacs. So it was out of budget.

But now my dad had never heard of cedia, he said, buy a city (the 1 which came prior to the current city), buy a corolla, an sx4, an optra or a fiesta. Too many arguments, too many suggestions made it very difficult for me to convince my dad. It took me almost four months to convince him and ultimately in November he asked me to look for the car.

It took me more than six months to look for the right car at right price. In May, I again went to Asian motors to ask if they deal in second hand cars and that said they don’t. But a sales person told me that there is guy who wants to sell his white cedia sports and if I want he can arrange for us to meet. So that’s how I got in touch with the owner and grabbed this beauty.

The owner sold the car because he didn’t have space to enough parking space as he just bought an Audi Q7. He also has an E class and a Montero. The guy asked for 5.5 and I offered him 5. Since, he is a busy person, he didn’t negotiate and we closed the deal in 5lacs.

It’s a dream come true to get Cedia, and that too White sports.
Car Details
Model: 29 October 2007
Chicago White, bought it at 22400. Driven around 2500, went to Amritsar and Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh) (Total around 1400kms).
Accident History: Left Front door changed and painted, Do damage to running board or any other part. Front bumper’s paint was a bit sraped from the corner, so I got it painted, Rest is all original paint.
Service History: serviced thrice, 1 k, 10k and 20k.

Ice:
Pioneer Headset UB5990
Pioneer TS20 Tweeters
JBL A604 Amplifier
JBL 0937 6x9 oval speakers (Rear)
JBL 0638 6" speakers (Front) [*]Schrotch Wiring I have read almost all post related to Cedia on Team-Bhp and it was a great help for me in deciding the right car. Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1652.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1651.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1641.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1643.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1644.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1645.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1646.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1653.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1671.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1647.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1648.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1649.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1650.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-dscf1657.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st May 2009 at 07:33. Reason: removed font/size tags
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st May 2009, 00:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ! Car seems to be in excellent condition. And 5L is a sweet deal !

Looks like you typed out the post in Word (or likewise) and then pasted here, hence the formatting has gone for a toss. Type directly in the forum. There are formatting options in the editor here too.
Old 31st May 2009, 00:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

You have got a great car at a great price.

I am happy that you went for Cedia instead of Swift. I agree with your findings - Cedia will last long without any issues/ rattles, the build quality is excellent and the handling at high speeds is awesome. The ride quality is also good.

You can take care of formatting issues by just pasting the contents from word to notepad before putting in the forum.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 31st May 2009 at 00:10.
Old 31st May 2009, 07:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Accident History: Left Front door changed and painted, Do damage to running board or any other part. Front bumper’s paint was a bit sraped from the corner, so I got it painted, Rest is all original paint. [/FONT
Accident History: Left Front door changed and painted and No damage to the running board or any other part.

Next time, I will either write directly on the forum or copy paste to notepad to remove the formatiing before putting it here. Missed that in a Hurry
Old 31st May 2009, 08:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

that's a used jem. i should say that you did a good amount of research and hunting and it paid off. since you have got a bargain already, you may consider some performance upgrades. and nice set of alloys and tyres.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to CEDIA FAmily . Am sure you are going to enjoy the Mitsu's driving experience .
Even I had bought one and its been one amazing experience. There were days I have put seatbelt on and slept in the car .Its amazing the way it grows on you.

PS : This is one car your wife is going to hate coz you are going to love it more than her very soon .

Last edited by maxbhp : 31st May 2009 at 11:37.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

thats a nice looking car at good price. good writeup too. you got good ICE set up, congratulations for the overall package.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:24   #8
BHPian

Awesome deal dude ... 5L
Such a sale would not possible had the previous owner been an average joe like me

Initially looking at the pics, I thought it was a brand new car! enjoy.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:26   #9
BHPian

Hey. Welcome to the cedia family
Seems to be in good condition. Windows tint may give a better look.
Old 31st May 2009, 16:29   #10
BHPian

This car is definitely a steal for the price. And in addition you got a good ICE setup free!. With jus 25 K kms , its got years of life into it. Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Old 31st May 2009, 17:23   #11
BHPian

Congrats, You got a brilliant machine at a v. good price. BTW do you live in Laxmi Bai OR Sarojini Nagar?
Old 31st May 2009, 19:51   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Congrats, You got a brilliant machine at a v. good price. BTW do you live in Laxmi Bai OR Sarojini Nagar?
I live in West Delhi, Paschim Vihar....took the snaps at a cousins place. He lives in Moti Bagh.
Old 31st May 2009, 19:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
This car is definitely a steal for the price. And in addition you got a good ICE setup free!. With jus 25 K kms , its got years of life into it. Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
I got the ICE done my self. It initially had the stock Blaupunk system with stock speakers...I shifted the Pioneer Head unit, JBL amp and Speakers from my 800. Plus I got new base tube, tweeters, front door speakers and wiring.. the total cost of the system is around 29k.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Hey. Welcome to the cedia family
Seems to be in good condition. Windows tint may give a better look.
thanx mate..

I still need to get the horn changed and get the windows tinted..
Old 31st May 2009, 22:19   #15
BHPian

WOW!!! Congrats Gaurav!!!
I am very happy for you. You will discover that you have made an excellent decision in the coming months.

You have perceived the Cedia well.
As you modify the car, it would return good dividends.

For LESS than HALF the money of what I spent, you have found a fabulous car.
See if you can get the MOMO wheel on it, the feel is enhanced with that wheel.
Get some after market Sparco pedals to spruce up the pedal feel.

Welcome to the CEDIA club!!
Wish you many miles filled with smiles.

Most Viewed