Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 19:27   #106
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

@ gaurav: I checked and you are right; 215/55/R15 it is for me then on my tyre change. Bridgestone preferably, or else one which can take a similar beating.

The dealer I mentioned had fresh and ready stock of Primacy LC and PP2 both, not sure if these are different from the PPS2.

Try Llumar transparent on front windscreen. It costs 3k here in Mumbai and is better than the 3M in terms of longeivity. It also has anti-glare as standard which is awesome considering the Cedia dash is both black and huge.

Coming to the Camry: It will be very cheap for my usual self to do this; but I will try get sneak pics of the Camry soon. Couldn't get myself to click because you can never tell when anyone's sitting inside. The car is wicked; reminds me of Keanu Reeve's Dodge Charger from Street Kings.
Old 17th February 2011, 13:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
@ gaurav: I checked and you are right; 215/55/R15 it is for me then on my tyre change. Bridgestone preferably, or else one which can take a similar beating.

Well, continental can also take the same kinda beating. The regional sales manager of conti tried hard to convince me for contis, when I went to get Yokos , but as they say mujh par Yokos ka bhoot sawar tha.

The dealer I mentioned had fresh and ready stock of Primacy LC and PP2 both, not sure if these are different from the PPS2.

Yes I meant PP2 only, dont know why I always call them PPS2.

Try Llumar transparent on front windscreen. It costs 3k here in Mumbai and is better than the 3M in terms of longeivity. It also has anti-glare as standard which is awesome considering the Cedia dash is both black and huge.

Thanks, I will check the price of both lumar and 3M and then decide.

Coming to the Camry: It will be very cheap for my usual self to do this;

You in this kinda business ?

but I will try get sneak pics of the Camry soon. Couldn't get myself to click because you can never tell when anyone's sitting inside. The car is wicked; reminds me of Keanu Reeve's Dodge Charger from Street Kings.

If you plan for smoked head lamps, look for projector smoked headlamps of cedia available on Ebay.com. They look menacing.

Dont talk about muscle cars man, I get a feel of owing one every time I see a pic of one, have a special place for muscle in my heart.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Cedia goes Synthetic. HM-Mitsubishi recommends synthetic oil change at 20k kms / 1 yr

I had been thinking of going for synthetic oil for some time now but high running and service at 10k kms (what I thought) kept me away from it. My average run for last 2 years has been around 25k per year and that means I do 2 and a half services per year . But then Cedia tops my list of splurging and if I can I do get the best thing for my ride.

Add to that Khoj’s reviews of Motul Synthetic in Cedia helped me make my mind further on the Synthetic oil. Thanks Khoj. Hence, I decided that I am going for synthetic even if I am to service the car every 10k kms.

So, I dropped in to the service center last evening to leave the car for service. I had to get polo serviced too and since both service stations are within the radius of half a km, I thought it’s a good idea to get both the cars serviced together. So, dropped the cedia into the service center last evening at around 6 and got it today at 2PM, I have always loved their spot on service time. Dropped the polo toad at 11 and will get it tomorrow (more on that goes to polo thread tomorrow).

On enquiring about synthetic, service advisor went a bit stunned. After a minute he recovered and said, sir you want it for cedia,

Me: yes, why?;

Advisor: nothing, only a couple of outlander owners have started using synthetic lately, may be 3-4.

Me: oh, I want it for cedia.

Advisor: Aap manoj ji se baat kar lo (you talk to Manoj ji) (Manoj is the senior most technician at Asian, very nice chap, every time I visit Asian, I learn a lot of new stuff from him)

Me: Ok, (go to find manoj)

Me: I was planning to go for synthetic, should I.

Manoj: Yes, why are you asking for it, you know the advantages of synthetic.

Me: Yes, Advisor asked me to talk to you.

Manoj: no problem, you will feel a good change in car’s performance and it will also last for 20k kms.

Me: 20k?? sure

Manoj: Yes, Advisor ko bolo chech kar lega, a circular tha HM-Mitsubishi ka. (Ask advisor to check, there for a circular from HM-Mitsubishi stating the same)

Me: ok, Thanks (extremely happy, 20 na sahi, 15 hi chal jaaye..hehe)

Advisor checked the circular and yes it was 20k or 1 year for both lancer and cedia in case of synthetic oil.

However, I was told that I will have to buy 5L pack of oil. I requested to give me 4L and they can use the rest in other car but was politely refused. They said, no one wants oil from an open pack, everyone wants new. Hence, I agreed.

Left the car and went this morning. By the time I reached (10:20), the car was already cleaned from inside and was on its way to the lift. Manoj himself attended my car as oil was to be changed from mineral to synthetic. He added flush to the old engine oil and run the engine for some 10 mins. Then the old oil along with flush was drained and he added 2 Litre mineral oil to the car and ran the engine for another 10 mins. Later he drained the 2 litre oil to the last drop, changed the oil filter and finally added the 24 carat gold, yes the MOTUL 8100 X-CESS 5W40 synthetic oil. 3.8 Litres of oil was added and the rest was handed over to me. The air filter was changed and all other fluids were checked and topped up as needed. Was recommended to change wiper blades which costed INR1400, to which I denied. Will get a set of Bosch, as rainy season approaches. For now, the current ones are not that bad either. As a good will gesture and also to encourage my decision for going for synthetic, the service center didn’t change for the 2 Litre mineral oil they used for completely plushing the engine. So, thanks Asian Motors.

The car was washed and cleaned from outside and handed over to me at 2PM. Total damage INR 7136. Following are the segregated details rounded to nearest unit.

Engine Tuneup and Flush:- 578
Oil Filter:- 126
Air Filter:- 311
Engine Oil Motul X-CESS 8100 5W40:- 4375
70k service labour:- 676
Service tax:- 69
VAT on parts (oil and air filter):- 127
VAT on oil:- 875
Grand TOTAL 7,136

The engine does feel a bit better but I am yet to check the performance. Roads were a bit busy when I came back home. Will update the thread once after few hundred kms. Manoj said its kinda run in, fruitful results will be seen after about 1k kms. Lets see. For now I am happy . I may change the oil at 15k only but 20k/1 yr service is an excellent advantage for someone who longer service intervals. I'd certainly recommend every Mitsubishian to change to synthetic asap.

Lastly, I musy say again, the service provided by Asian Motors was as usual much better than what I have witnessed at arrogant VW and Honda dealers and also much better than stupid Maruti Suzuki dealers. Thanks Mitsui.

EDIT: got service done at under 9k kms only, its 65600 kms on the clock, was due at 66800.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd February 2011 at 19:38.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 20:09   #109
Senior - BHPian

I used Petronas Synth in the Baleno for 15K kms. Switched back to Bosch mineral and the smoothness in the engine was more perceptible than it was when I had put in the synth ! The synth had gone in when the mineral was around 7-8K kms old.

So I'd suggest .. don't wait for 15K. Even if it is synth, change at 10K kms max.

ps: That's how a Cedia looks the best ! In it's elements !
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:18   #110
BHPian

@ gaurav: This is tempting, will get this done on my next service at 10k or might go in for a change once am done running 5k.

But isn't the Cedia serviced at 10k intervals? That's what the manual says and so does my next service appointment. Or maybe you also implying the same but I am reading it different.

Is Motul advised by HM and readily available at their service shops?
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

@Shuv, thanks. I have been a silent spectator to your thread but its an interesting read every time there is an update. Always great to know that the reliable japanese are doing their duty well.

Thanks for the tip for the engine oil. I definitely will stick to 10k service if I see any harshness in the engine at and around 10k. Otherwise, I will try and stick to 2 services a year, say every 12-13k. I know it may not be that great but my running is too high and the oil too is expensive.

@Mandheers, First of all Motul is advised by Mitsubishi and it will be available in the after market, though at a few retail stores. Synthetic is certainly tempting and so is the larger service intervals, which you read rightly from my previous post.

The service interval of cedia is 10k kms or 6 months, when normal mineral oil is used. However, when you use synthetic, Mitsubishi-HM recommends service at every 20k or 1 year. In cedia the air filter is changed at every 20k, so if you use synthetic and stick to Mitsu's recommendation of 20k, you will skip 1 service.

For example, if one changes to synthetic at 1k kms, the next service will be at 20k kms, when oil, oil filter and air filter will be changed. The next service after 20k will be at 40k, when all fluids (excluding transmission oil), spark plugs etc will be changed. Following this schedule, you will have 1 oil change service every 20k and one major service every 40k.

When you use mineral oil, you change oil every 10k kms and a major service every 40k.

Please note, transmission oil and fuel filter of cedia are changed at 1 lac kms.

Your next appointment is at 10k or 6 months because your car is currently on mineral oil. Also, its on dealer to let the customer know about synthetic's service intervals being longer. Some dealers may not inform customers about the same and charge them for synthetic every 10k.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd February 2011 at 13:56.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 09:49   #112

Good info... have a question though. I do only about 5k in 6 months so does that mean I have to get it serviced (oil change) every 6 months or do I wait till I clock 10k?

Currently I've clocked 15k in 18 months and as per the manual 4th paid service is due at 30k "or" 18 months. So should I go for paid service now?
Old 24th February 2011, 11:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

I changed to synth in my last service and the car definitely feels smoother now than what it was with mineral. Its subtle but perceptible especially when accelerating hard.

Gaurav what is the state of your clutch? Mine started slipping post 50k and I got it replaced at 52k since I didn't want to risk it. Blame bangalore traffic for it :(.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilan View Post
Good info... have a question though. I do only about 5k in 6 months so does that mean I have to get it serviced (oil change) every 6 months or do I wait till I clock 10k? Currently I've clocked 15k in 18 months and as per the manual 4th paid service is due at 30k "or" 18 months. So should I go for paid service now?
I may give my personal experience. I too do average 5K in 6 months time and I do change oil in every 6 months, regardless of how many kms I did. My personal opinion is, oil loses its quality over time, even on stand still and it is better to change every 6 months. Of course,purely my personal experience. And it costs me something around 900 to 1500 INR, which I take it as maintenance expenses.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:27   #115
Senior - BHPian

@Patilan, its better to stick to company norms till the car is under warranty. Even if you have done 5k in 6 months, its better to get the car serviced right now. Although, Mitsui isnt very fussy about the warranty, you never know. I'd also suggest you take extended warranty on the car and follow 10k or 6 months service (in case of mineral oil) till warranty
ends.

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I changed to synth in my last service and the car definitely feels smoother now than what it was with mineral. Its subtle but perceptible especially when accelerating hard.

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks for sharing, it was mainly my heavy foot that I always wanted to switch to synthetic. In between, which brand did you switch to, Motul or any other??

Gaurav what is the state of your clutch?

The clutch is still in pretty good condition. I expect it to last atleast 1 lac kms. My cousin's black cedia has done 75k kms and the clutch is still in good shape.

Mine started slipping post 50k and I got it replaced at 52k since I didn't want to risk it. Blame bangalore traffic for it :(.

Yes, it can be the Bangalore traffic but 52k is still too early for cedia's clutch. How much did the new clutch cost you, if you dont mind sharing?

A reason I am guessing for longer life of clutch in our cars is that both me and my dad has a habbit to get foot of the clutch as soon as we change the gear. Our swift's clutch lasted for 52k and it supposedly was the worst OEM clutch ever. On the other hand, our 5 speed 800's clutch lasted for 95k and now the second one has done over 75k kms.

I remember Manoj (senior technitian at Asian Motors) telling me that cedia has a heavy duty clutch, last pretty good both in terms of performance and life.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th February 2011 at 13:33.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:25   #116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia goes Synthetic. HM-Mitsubishi recommends synthetic oil change at 20k kms /

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Hey Gaurav,
That is 4375 for the 3.8 liters or the whole can of 5 liters?
Old 24th February 2011, 17:39   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
VAT on oil:- 875
Hi Khoj,
The whole can of 5 Litres costed me 5,250 including tax (4375 + 875 tax).

And thanks again for your valuable inputs on Motul synthetic. Very much appreciated.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th February 2011 at 17:42.
Old 25th February 2011, 02:12   #118
Senior - BHPian

No problem man!
Someone helped me, in turn I helped you!!
Do the same unto another one & may the Cedia's tribe grow!!!
Old 25th February 2011, 11:12   #119
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if there is a better thread where I could post this.
What is the spare part situation for Cedia?
I am in the market for a pre-owned Cedia and one mechanic said, that getting spares will be a bit problematic (need to wait for spares).
The location is Pune.
Any Cedia owners in Pune out here?
Old 25th February 2011, 11:30   #120
Senior - BHPian

I used the same Motul 8100 Xcess that is recommended by Mitsu.

I use as little clutch as possible so it was kind of weird that it started slipping past 50k. Probably the bumper to bumper bangalore traffic is to blame.

The entire clutch overhaul including labor was around 8k or so.

@SUN: I'm not sure about pune but here in bangalore, cedia parts are pretty easy to get. There's no trouble at all.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th February 2011 at 11:32.

Most Viewed