Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 13:28   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Someone helped me, in turn I helped you!!

Do the same unto another one & may the Cedia's tribe grow!!!

Well I have been trying to do that for last 2 years and have succeeded to some extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What is the spare part situation for Cedia?

Major parts from autorised service station do entail a waiting period of about 8-10 days here in Delhi. Running parts are very easily available.

I am in the market for a pre-owned Cedia and one mechanic said, that getting spares will be a bit problematic (need to wait for spares).

Getting major parts from after market will be a bit more than problematic, consider yourself lucky if you find major parts outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The entire clutch overhaul including labor was around 8k or so.

Thats not bad.. isntit?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th February 2011 at 13:33.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:35   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

^^ In other words, Cedia may be good as a second car (not as a primary/ only car which is required for daily runs).
Old 25th February 2011, 14:01   #123
BHPian

Quote:
^^ In other words, Cedia may be good as a second car (not as a primary/ only car which is required for daily runs).
There is no problem on the parts front here with Mumbai service people. Major parts, as rightly pointed by Gaurav will however take time; but not more than a week to ten days.

I use my Cedia on a daily basis. Major parts having a slight waiting period in some cities is normal across manufacturers; that doesnt mean you write off the Cedia as a 'second car'.

Not even the Octi vRS with it's many Achilles' heels is a second car.

These are true blood driver's cars; or better still for the enthusiast in every driver.

Many; starting with myself; might take offence to such references on this thread.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 12:40   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really, reliability is something Japanese have always been good at, so major breakdowns is the least one can expect. If you find yourself a good car, you can keep it as the only car, forget second or third. I have done over 45k kms in less than 2 years,and have been using cedia as an every day car. My cousin have been using lancer for last 11 years and they got a pre-owned cedia a year back, which is now doing the every day job and lancer being used as a second car (nothing has gone wrong in the car for last 11 yrs and over 1.4lac kms, just essential service and wear and tear). Although a need for an upgrade is felt occasionally, its only for snob value and nothing else. And by upgrade i mean an outy or a pre-owned 3. Also, my friend sold his 7 year old 800 and got himself a pre-owned cedia and is again using it as a first car.

Even new cars show tantrums these days, with pre-owned, you have to give some discount. Also, as mandheers said, octy vrs, cedia, fiesta, palio S10 and civic, these are true blood drivers cars and then with cedia and civic, you get the performance and the best japanese reliability.

I'd say, if you get a well maintained cedia with under 30-40k, go for it. If you want grey market support for parts, better go a civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
There is no problem on the parts front here with Mumbai service people. Major parts, as rightly pointed by Gaurav will however take time; but not more than a week to ten days.

As I always say, grey markey is always there to support, but when you buy a car, you should be in a position to maintain it through Authorised service stations. So, until I get parts from company, I 'd be least bothered.

Not even the Octi vRS with it's many Achilles' heels is a second car.

Exactly, its not every one's cup of tea. Lesser mortals like me, who highly depend on reliability of a car may not be in a position to maintain it in long run, but somone who can maintain this beast, can also experience real driving pleasure. A hoot to driver car.

Many; starting with myself; might take offence to such references on this thread.

I can give him some discount on that. If you own a cedia, you should also learn to take wierd comments with a bag full of salt.

I remember, you once said, you made a mistake to sell your lancer and buy an accent, and I could so much relate to it. Get this, when I bought a cedia, a cousin said "I would have bought a new accent instead". Tell me what to do with him. There are a lot more comments you hear about the car. Only place, you take them by a surprise is the road, when you see most cars including your critics go small in your rear view mirror.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th February 2011 at 12:45.
Old 27th February 2011, 21:11   #125
BHPian

@ Gaurav: Yes, I have been getting that alot from colleagues and friends alike. Even my dad had advised the same to opt for a Civic, and the discounts in December were tempting as hell. But when he drove the car on his visit he was only surprised that this was never promoted.

The only diffenece between Cedia and Civic at the time of my purchase was a very small EMI amount; that apart all I had to pay was the down payment. But the TD won me over; or I should say bowled me over. Now wifey drives the Accent, I only tend to the maintenance as a dutiful husband, which includes fuel, air, getting it a thorough wash on Sundays inside out.

One small query; and I sheepishly ask; last week on my way to work on a relatively lesser busy signal; a Fiat Linea Emotion just shot through the lines and I thought of giving it a try but it would've been futile. I wanted to ask how and why?

But I got my answer a few days later at another signal when I just pushed the Red Beast; and BOY: 1st to 2nd was not much of a feel and I felt it might start panting; 2nd to 3rd was so awe-inspiring and reassuring that I pushed it a little harder in 3rd before engaging 4th; and all this while I was looking at the road ahead since it was a short slightly bend patch and once through the bend I slid into 4th and there was 'more on tap' and it sent goosebumps down my nape.

The entire traffic from the signal was just beams of headlights in my RVM; and those objects surely did not look closer than they appeared.

I checked the speedo and I was at 130; and I know I shouldn't've done that within city limits, and definitely not on that short stretch which ended onto a flyover. (this was JVLR; for those who know)

I gathered my wits and started braking; and was equally surprised how soon it resumed it's composure (not that it had lost any); and I realized I was wrong that morning about the Linea.

My FB update that day read "a street legal rally car has its benefits".
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 21:15   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you make that your signature here!
Old 27th February 2011, 21:45   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you make that your signature here!
Truly speaking it's your signature I'd rather have. This is what I have always lived on- "the fun's in the getting there; not the arrival."

Will hang it up if you agree.
Old 27th February 2011, 23:10   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Truly speaking it's your signature I'd rather have. This is what I have always lived on- "the fun's in the getting there; not the arrival."

Will hang it up if you agree.
Sure go right ahead. I borrowed it from the ancient traveller and Buddhist Monk Faxian aka Pinyin aka FaHien who travelled from China to India and then Ceylon between 399 and 414 AD. Now you can borrow it from us ;-). I have been toying with another one and will be updating to that in the near future.
Old 28th February 2011, 09:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Oops. As you would have guessed, the intention was not to offend anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

I'd say, if you get a well maintained cedia with under 30-40k, go for it. If you want grey market support for parts, better go a civic.
Typically, I would be looking at a 2007-2008 model due to budget reasons.
In that case, the car would be out of warranty and I might want to service it at an independent workshop.
How are the spare prices as compared to say Skoda?

Also, is this car suitable for short people?
Does it have a long clutch pedal travel?
Old 28th February 2011, 10:47   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Sure go right ahead. I borrowed it from the ancient traveller and Buddhist Monk Faxian aka Pinyin aka FaHien who travelled from China to India and then Ceylon between 399 and 414 AD. Now you can borrow it from us ;-). I have been toying with another one and will be updating to that in the near future.
It's done, will look forward to yours.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:24   #131
Senior - BHPian

@Mandheers and Khoj, missed yours posts, but dont blame me, its you guys who were posting on sunday evening, when the match went down to the wire. So, I was stuck to my TV screen.

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
But when he drove the car on his visit he was only surprised that this was never promoted.

My dad's friend who bought an ANHC S MT was pleasantly surprised to see and drive our cedia. He said, most people dont know about this car, if they will, the car certainly will be considered in the purchase decision.

Now wifey drives the Accent, I only tend to the maintenance as a dutiful husband, which includes fuel, air, getting it a thorough wash on Sundays inside out.

Well, sometimes you dont have a choice..hehe

The entire traffic from the signal was just beams of headlights in my RVM; and those objects surely did not look closer than they appeared.

I realized I was wrong that morning about the Linea.

Even 1.4 T-Jet cannot take on cedia, I drove it last month and the car is too heavy, acceleration is good but still not in cedia's territory. The engine is good 20kgs heavier than the 1.3 and this makes it feel not so impressive. The handing and chassis is very well sorted but then not every car can manage good handing with higher stance, the 170 mm GC with 205/55 R16s seems to have compromised the handling. Lastly, you brake hard and you understand that this is not the quickest of cars to retain back its composure, the cedia does it undramatically and the civic too despite soft rear, retains its composure very well under heavy braking.

End of the day a good driver in linea can take on cedia, but if you have two drivers with similar experties, the cedia wins hands down on every department. Now dont talk about blue and me .

it certainly does.
EDIT: always thought of T-Jet being 1.6, changed it back to 1.4. Thanks for correcting me here Klub_class.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st March 2011 at 12:39.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even 1.6 T-Jet cannot take on cedia, I drove it last month and the car is too heavy, acceleration is good but still not in cedia's territory...
Gaurav, there is no 1.6L T-Jet engine. Fiat Linea is powered by 1.4L T-Jet engine.

Please excuse me for this post.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:34   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Gaurav, there is no 1.6L T-Jet engine. Fiat Linea is powered by 1.4L T-Jet engine.

Please excuse me for this post.
You certainly not off topic, and I apologise for the me being wrong here. Having compared it to city (1.5), sx4 and fiesta 1.6, I took the t-jet too to be a 1.6. I am sorry.

OT: Its very risky proposotion to write anything about FIAT anywhere on the web, be it Team-Bhp or any other place. Thats why I try to refrain from it .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st March 2011 at 12:41.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:49   #134

Quote:
@Patilan, its better to stick to company norms till the car is under warranty. Even if you have done 5k in 6 months, its better to get the car serviced right now. Although, Mitsui isnt very fussy about the warranty, you never know. I'd also suggest you take extended warranty on the car and follow 10k or 6 months service (in case of mineral oil) till warranty
ends.

Please find my reply below
Yup, I thought of warranty angle after my post. Also, I had taken the extended warranty when I purchased the car so like you said it made sense to stick to the company norms.

So I got my 15k 4th paid service done at Metrodrome (used to be Metro earlier) and it cost me Rs. 2420/. Besides the regular oil change, I had complained to the service manager regarding some rattling noise in the steering column whenever I drove on rough patches and guess what? They checked it and told me that the steering column needs to be replaced (fortunately covered by warranty). Anyway, the part needs to be ordered and is expected in a day or two so I'll be back at the workshop to get it replaced.

I tried hard to recollect since when I've been hearing that noise but it seems like it was there since I bought the car... it was a faint noise at the beginning and got louder and louder. Might have been a factory defect... Other than that the car's as smooth as ever after the service.
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

EVO X to be the last EVO from Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi plans to kill the EVO brand and concentrate on environment friendly cars. The company says that the EVO X will be the last Evo the Japanese automaker ever builds.

Its very sad and shocking news for enthusiats like us, who look up to owing this increadible machine some day. For now, I feel depressed and very ANGRY and I must say its the worse decision Mitsubishi can ever make.

SOURCE: Report: Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead — Autoblog

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks