Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 19:53   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi g_c,

What's the '2 year plan bought by you in 2009' about?
Is it some sort of AMC plan, do share the details.
It was waxoyl under body coating, costed some 2500 after 1k discount if I remember right, the SA said it is valid for 2 years. Now they have 3M for some Rs. 2k which is valid for 5 years. Must say the quality of Waxoyl is incredible.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 20:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Thanks, I recall reading about it now.
Old 8th July 2011, 23:36   #288
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics of the 2 beasts together, Mean Machine and Mr. Ralliart...
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0520.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0521.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0522.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0523.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0527.jpg  

gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 18:59   #289
Senior - BHPian

Today, I peeped under the car (do it every week) to check for any oil seapage or leaks and found that there was oil on left suspension arm. Tried to see what it is from the hood and figured out that the oil was near the axle area. I suspected a kaput boot and went to my mechanic raju. He confirmed that the inner boot of left axle has gone kaput.

I was like "iska to boot bhi nahi milega".. Raju: "are mil jaayega, iska nahi to kisi aur gaadi ka lag jaayega similar size ka". Axle boots can be matched easily.. He got the axle opened and both of us went to an axle repair shop near jhandewalan..Shop mechanic: "is this from a diesel car", Raju: "no petrol", Mechanic: "this is too heavy and strong for a petrol car, you sure its of petrol", me: its petrol..and he was too surprised.. Finally we waited for some 15 minutes, by the time the mechanic installed a new boot. Damage :Rs.500.. Came back and installed the axle in the car, raju's labour, Rs.300.. Total damage: Rs800.

Now figuring out a kaput boot, damaged seals, gaskets can save you a lot of money. If these are replaced on time, it can save the part itself from going kaput.

Some pics of the kaput boot and the new one..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0559.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0560.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 4th August 2011 at 19:10.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:40   #290
Senior - BHPian

75,400 kms on the clock and the service bug bites me again.. Although I thought that I will get 80 k service at 80 k kms only, which was like running 15k kms since previous service, I couldnt convince myself to wait for another 5k kms for next service.

So, Went to asian motors yest to get the oil checked. Their technician checked the oil and said that I can use it for another 4-5k kms. But he added that my driving style has deteriorated the oil sooner than it does in normal conditions. He said, I changed it in an outlander after 15k kms yesterday and the oil was in better shape than this.. Thats it.. I decided that I will get the service done..But the ASC was too busy and I was asked to come today..

Before all this texted Khoj sir, yest to find out where he buys his oil and which oil should I use instead of Motul as the one Asian Motors has, has a manufacture date of oct 09. So didnt want to go for such old oil. Secondly, if I was to change at 10k kms, I simply cannot buy an oil for 5300 every time. Infact, I'd prefer to change normal oil every 5k kms rather than a Rs.5300 oil every 10k kms. Khoj sir was kind enough to suggest Castrol Edge (made in UK), or mobil oil or shell helix ultra. He also suggested that I shouldnt but oil with manufactured date more than 18 months old.

So, went to asian motors today at 11 am and they were almost free.. Asked if I can supply my oil and they accepted as I said I wont buy an oil that old, either give me a new pack or I give my own. So, my request was accepted.I got the Job card opened and then the search for a good lubricant shop started. Called just dial and found a few in Punjabi Bagh. Got almost 10 calls which I answered regarding castrol oil and about 5-7 which I didnt answer. Went to the closest one, looked quiet reputed.. and bought Castrol Edge 5W 40 for Rs. 2900, made in UK, import Jan 2011.

Went to asian motors and the job started on my car, things that really needed replacement were spark plugs and coolant. Things that were found in decent condition but were still changed were gear oil (even after 80k it was in decent shape) and power steering oil. Since clutch oil was changed a few kms back, I just bought a new bottle for brakes bleeding and the rest (almost 85%) kept as stock (makes bleeding clutch at home easy ).

Saw a very minor leak in the outside boot of the left axle (same axle, which had its inner boot changed last week) and checked for axle price and was about to faint knowing the price of the new one. If you have any heart related problems, please done check the price...

it was.. an atrocious 45000 each..

checked if they provide only boot and was quoted Rs 6500 for only two boots of one axle..hell..

All the consumables were replaced along with filters were replaced in front of me and the car was ready by 2:30. Was reported that the rear pads need replacement urgently but said no to it.

Damage...

Oil Filter : 126
Air Filter : 311
Brake Oil : 220
Power Steering oil : 327
Gear Oil additive : 1140 (2)
Gear oil : 321 (2)
Spark Plug : 1127 (4)
Coolant : 620 (5) this was supposed to be 4 L but I was billed for 5 by mistake. they added a discount of 150 on labour and negotiated it.

Labour: 1462

Service tax @ 10.3% : 150
VAT @ 12.5% : 405
VAT on oil and lubricants @20% : 174

Total : 6280

Said thanks and went to Karol Bagh to get rear pads, cost 1450. Went to raju and asked him to get the outside boot of axle also changed. He said its minor leak and I shouldnt worry but I insisted to change it rightaway as I dont want nightmares remembering the cost of new axle. Me: get this boot changed, guess the price of new axle. Raju: 20k? Me: 45k. Raju: aww..

Also got brake pads changed and total damage was Rs 900 including 500 for boot, and 400 labour for axle and brake pad fitting. Raju: how do you drive, you get over with one set of pads ever 13-15k kms..me..lolzzz

So Grand total : 2900 for oil + 6280 for service + 1450 for pads and 1000 for boot and brake pad replacement = Rs. 11,630..

I know some of this could have been avoided, call me an idiot but thats just me...

@Khoj Sir, thanks for all the help..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 9th August 2011 at 21:50.
Old 10th August 2011, 15:24   #291
Senior - BHPian

Find attached the total ownership cost of my cedia till date, 75500+ kms on the clock....and yes, they say they wont reduce the prices of petrol despite the fact that crude has gone down..
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-cedia.png  

Old 11th August 2011, 18:32   #292
Senior - BHPian

My two front tyres have worn out. I need to replace them. They are the normal BS Potenzas.
I was thinking of Michelin, but the problem is my rear two BS tyres are in perfect condition.
Will a combination of BS + Michelin cause any problems?

I am not too happy with BS tyre noise at 120 kmph.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My two front tyres have worn out. I need to replace them. They are the normal BS Potenzas.
I was thinking of Michelin, but the problem is my rear two BS tyres are in perfect condition.
Will a combination of BS + Michelin cause any problems?

I am not too happy with BS tyre noise at 120 kmph.
No, you wont have any problem with the BS+Michelin. Just make sure that the size is same as that of BS (195/60/R15, stock for Cedia). And yes, you can Keep the tyre pressure up by about 1-2 PSI in the Michelins as they have soft side wall compared to Michelin and due to engine weight upfront they may need a little extra PSI compared to BS at the back.
Old 12th August 2011, 09:47   #294
Senior - BHPian

Can you recommend something from Michelin (195/60/R15)?
Last time I checked BS Potenza was around Rs. 5000 per tyre.
Old 12th August 2011, 10:08   #295
Senior - BHPian

I was quoted 5750 for Michelin PLC last week here for my Cedia. I finally went for Yoko A-Drives all around (46xx per tyre).
Old 12th August 2011, 12:58   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Hey S_U_N, the Michelin Primacy LCs come in stock size for Cedia and they are a whole lot better and quieter than the Potenzas.

Here's a link: Michelin Primacy LC

If the front are wearing out faster then would it warrant putting the Potenzas up front and the new Michs on the rear?

But I also read somewhere, new tires should go front, ideally, but not sure.

Also, how many kms did your tires last?
Old 12th August 2011, 12:59   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could opt for Michelin Primacy LC or the XM1+ if that is available in the size.

From Bridgestone a very good tire is the Turanza ER80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I was quoted 5750 for Michelin PLC last week here for my Cedia. I finally went for Yoko A-Drives all around (46xx per tyre).
A drives are good tires if you are sticking with intra city driving with a little bit of the highway thrown in.

From the Yokohama range the tires to look at for the Cedia are the 'C' drives and the 'AVS dB'. Both these tires offer the optimum results in terms of comfort, low noise and grip in all weather conditions.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 13:11   #298
Senior - BHPian

Was looking for C Drive but no one has them in Bangalore because of the ISI thing. As my tires were pretty worn out and a highway drive is coming them, I got them changed without waiting.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:05   #299
Senior - BHPian

@ethanhunt123

A new tire is any day better than a top of the line but worn out tire. My views on the A drive are a result of feedbacks received on the forum where people report "not happy with grip on wet surfaces". Now since you have them on and have a highway trip coming up in the ongoing rainy weather I will appreciate if you could let us have your feedback on the A drives post the trip and also as you accumulate more miles on them.

In the Australian market which I perceive to be the closest to our own in terms of weather conditions this tire has some good reviews. see link below
Yokohama / OUR TYRES / A.drive

@mandheers

Per an article somewhere on the forum the new tires should go to the rear as it is the rear tires that hold the vehicle in a straight line during braking.

I however disagree with the above. Per most studies it is the wheels that have the power are the ones where all the grip is. Therefore in my cars the new tires go to the wheels which are powered. Further to allow for even wear I increase the first rotation interval by 1.25 to 1.5x the regular interval depending on the wear on the front tires.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2011, 12:02   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Looks like PLC's are expensive for that price. One other factor for me is durability. Sometimes road conditions are so bad, that tires could get easily punctured even after careful driving. Will the Michelins be fine on such conditions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey S_U_N, the Michelin Primacy LCs come in stock size for Cedia and they are a whole lot better and quieter than the Potenzas.

Here's a link: Michelin Primacy LC

If the front are wearing out faster then would it warrant putting the Potenzas up front and the new Michs on the rear?

But I also read somewhere, new tires should go front, ideally, but not sure.

Also, how many kms did your tires last?
The wear out was due to the accident which resulted in the alignment going off completely. Had no choice but to get off the highway. The damage was done before we could stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You could opt for Michelin Primacy LC or the XM1+ if that is available in the size.

From Bridgestone a very good tire is the Turanza ER80

A drives are good tires if you are sticking with intra city driving with a little bit of the highway thrown in.

From the Yokohama range the tires to look at for the Cedia are the 'C' drives and the 'AVS dB'. Both these tires offer the optimum results in terms of comfort, low noise and grip in all weather conditions.
I like it when there are options.
I have seen ER80's on a few cars - I kinda like them.
I like the pricing of A drives as mentioned above. This falls in my budget of 5K per tyre.

Trying to get cost details and durability and noise level reviews as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks