Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 14:27   #301
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Update:
BS: Potenza RE88: INR 4750; Turanza ER-60: INR 4800- 4850
Michelin: PLC: INR 5500

Balancing, Alignment extra
Yokohoma India site shows only three options for my car:AVID ENVigor, Touring-S, TRZ.
Any clues on how noisy and durable they are?

EDIT: http://www.yokohamatire.com site's dealer locator does not show up any dealers in Pune. Seems there is some issue with the site.

Last edited by S_U_N : 16th August 2011 at 14:30.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:15   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

If you check Yoko Australia site, it shows A Drive as well as C Drive. Also i know even ES100 comes in this size.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:10   #303
Senior - BHPian

The Front tyre that bulged in June had a leak/small cut because of damaged alloy end and I had no other option but to put a tube in it. In between, it was the first S-Drive that went flat, after good 32k kms and that too because of rim. Since the cut was at the edge where tyre goes on to alloy, it was beyond repair. Bought a Bridgestone tube in 196/65/R15 for Rs. 600 and shifted that tyre to the back.. I think I may need new tyres in a month or so if I see any problem with the one shifted to the back..

Checked Kumhos rotation tyres (dont remember name) for lancer in 195/60/R14 which cost Rs.3500. Also checked 205/55 R15 in same and they cost Rs.4000. Looked good again. I think I may go for S-Drives again and if not then I may get these Kumhos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I however disagree with the above. Per most studies it is the wheels that have the power are the ones where all the grip is. Therefore in my cars the new tires go to the wheels which are powered. Further to allow for even wear I increase the first rotation interval by 1.25 to 1.5x the regular interval depending on the wear on the front tires.
I agree with you here sir, that the better/newer tire should always go to the wheels that have power.... in between.. what do people do with EVO/A4 Quattro.. Or the one who buys them doesnt care for tyres then..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Update:
BS: Potenza RE88: INR 4750; Turanza ER-60: INR 4800- 4850
Michelin: PLC: INR 5500
As read in some of your other posts, if you are concerned about durability, look for none other than Bridgestone. The ER 60 will be a safe bet..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
If you check Yoko Australia site, it shows A Drive as well as C Drive. Also i know even ES100 comes in this size.
The ES100 are available in 196/60/R15 or even 205/55/R15, I guess for some 5k and 5.5k respectively.. but they are noisy (rotation tyres and big tyre tread) and not as good as S-Drives..S-Drives for a few hundred rupees will be a better buy..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th August 2011 at 16:20.
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:50   #304
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics...

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0606.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0607.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0608.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0609.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0610.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0613.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0614.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_0615.jpg
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 22:26   #305
Senior - BHPian

The Exide OE battery of the car gave up on wednesday. Luckily I was at my mechanics place at that time with Bhpian ACE355. Jump start the car and managed to get home. Got it replced today to Bosch 35L battery, which has 1 year warranty and 1 year guaranty. Bought the new bosch battery from Palika Bhavan for Rs.1800. The exide battery lasted quite well for about 4 years, the car will be 4 year old in october. In fact, the same battery in my cousin's cedia is now 5.5 year old.

Bought Bosch as it was for only Rs.1800 and even if it lasts for 2 years, I believe its more than sufficient. Amaron costed Rs.2800/-, with 1.5 year warranty and 1.5 year guaranty.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 3rd September 2011 at 22:32.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 19:41   #306
Senior - BHPian

ah... finally the clock spring of my car has given up. 76,500 on the clock and almost 4 years.. We know this is a common problem in cedia and a new one should cost 12k. I am going to shoot a mail to HM-Mitsubishi regarding the same, as the clock spring has given up on quiet a few cars and may be I can get some discount..A BHPian got 50% off for the same but then his car stood at 18k kms after some 3 years..

Also, started to hear some noise from the front suspension on bumps. Culprit..front arm bushes gone. new arms cost 12k for a pair. Only bushes are not available, this aint Maruti Suzuki man.. Also, the left shocker has oil leak, so a new shock required, costs around 4k each.. There is no issue on good roads though.. ripped the delhi gurgaon highway today, was too much Fun. The Castrol oil EDGE seem to be better than the Motul synthetic. Will use it for another 4-5k kms before I comment on the same, but the Engine definitely feels better.. Had some fun with kids in 1.6 polo, who were driving as Mr. Amitabh Bachchan describes "aisa to aadmi life me do ich time bhaagta hai, olympic ka race ho ya police ka case ho ". Kids should remember me for the rest of their life..

So the expense has gone up to 55k for tires, suspension arms and shocks and clock spring.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:27   #307
Senior - BHPian

Lower arm cost is around Rs. 4800 per piece at A.S.S. However, the imported ones are available for around Rs. 5500 for the pair. Labour extra.
Shockers are around 3500 in the outside market.
Old 10th September 2011, 01:04   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lower arm cost is around Rs. 4800 per piece at A.S.S. However, the imported ones are available for around Rs. 5500 for the pair. Labour extra.
Shockers are around 3500 in the outside market.
Thanks Sun, I checked the prices of arms in the aftermarket today and they were around 5k for a pair. The guy said he will check the shocker prices and get back to me.

I will get them changed in a month or two, definitely before I get the tyres changed. For now, lying a bit low.. the monthly running too has gone down to about 6-700 a month from 2.5k earlier..try taking 800, polo, swift or even cousin's civic whenever possible for that matter .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th September 2011 at 01:07.
Old 25th September 2011, 02:04   #309
Senior - BHPian

The suspension of my cedia gave up a little sooner than I expected, may be because of the low profile tires (well if you consider 205/55/R15 to be low profile), or may be because of my driving style or ...ammm, the last trip to meerut..

But whatever it was, the suspension had worn out at over 75k kms. As of today the car stands at 77,200 and I thought I may stretch on the suspension for some time but a small late night drive to CP yest made me feel that the suspension needs to be addressed immidiately. Further, I specially went with a friend, who wanted to see the Ferrari showroom, only to know that the showroom is being refurbished and is closed till further notice. Fantastic. While coming back, pushed the car to about 100-120 and the car was floating as a boat, I was like what the hell, the front arm was making noise on even little uneven patches and I got freaked.

Got up in the morning (ok, Afternoon, hehe) and called bhpian Sukrit to take contact of a Khan Market guy who could arrange for parts. Before calling the guy, called Asian Motors to know exact price of arm and shocks. Was quoted Rs. 6400/-each for shockers and Rs.4800/- each for arm. Total for arms and shocks (excluding any other kit) and labour, Rs.24k. Said Thanks but no thanks. Called the guy in Khan Market, who confirmed Rs. 5300 a pair for taiwanese arms and Rs.6000 a pair for OE shocks. I was surprised to know the cost of the OE shocks, couldnt believe I could get OE at this price. Then called chawla at Karol Bagh, who quoted 7600 for OE arms. Again said thanks. Finally went to my mechanic Raju, who confirmed that we can get Genuine bush kit and arm ends for cedia for Rs.3k. He suggested that its a better option than buying taiwanese arms.

A few more calls to kashmiri gate dealers for shocks yielded no fruitful results but one of them quoted 9K for original Shocks, made in JAPAN. Finally thought of getting Arm bush kit from Karol Bagh and original shocks from Khan Market. But then the Khan Market guy said that the person from whom he was to buy the shocks has gone home, some one expired in his family and I can get the shocks on monday. Said thanks and ordered the original ones from Kashmiri gate.

Finally went to Karol Bagh only to know that my mechanic, Raju's contact has got cedia's entire suspension. Called kashmiri gate to cancel original shocks. Finally the sardar ji had it all. bushes, shocks mountings, clutch etc etc... So, bought Mando front shocks, made in taiwan; RBI front arm bushes and arm ends, made in Singapore; tie rods and Tie ends, made in Thailand and Jumping rod bushes (including the bolt), made in thailand again. Didn't need jumping rod bushes but still got them changed. The tie rod and ends too were fine, so just bought them to keep them in stock for future..didnt get them changed.

Here is the cost per item

Front Shockers, Qty 2 - Rs. 5300/-

Front Arm Bush kit 4 pieces - Rs. 1300/-

Front Arm End 2 pieces - Rs. 1700/-

Tie rod and Tie Ends 2 each - Rs. 1900/-

Jumping Rod bushes - Rs. 400/-

Press fitting charges for arm bushes - Rs. 300/-

Labour Rs. 1200/-

Total 12,200/-

Not bad for Cedia's suspension.. even if it lasts 40-50k kms, its all worth it.

The suspension felt new once again and there was no issue till about 160.. soo all in all money well spent.. Loved the feel of the car all over again.

Will get allignment and balancing done tomorrow..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th September 2011 at 02:19.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 02:36   #310
Team-BHP Support

Gaurav: Which tyres did you get finally ?

Any contacts of a good dealer ?
Old 25th September 2011, 03:04   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Gaurav: Which tyres did you get finally ?

Any contacts of a good dealer ?
I am still running on the S-drives, should last another 5k kms before I change them.

Well, I have had good first hand experience with few dealers in west delhi but they all quote high prices. These dealers include Jolly Tyres (Bridgestone Select), rohtak road, west delhi; Deep Tyres, Saraswati Vihar; Wheels, Saraswati Vihar and Wheels, Paschim Vihar (yokos, michelins, contis, bridgestones etc). Ankit at Wheels Paschim Vihar is a nice guy. He does follow team bhp sometimes.. Just that none of them are ready to give any discounts.
Old 25th September 2011, 18:59   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Finally the sardar ji had it all. bushes, shocks mountings, clutch etc etc... So, bought Mando front shocks, made in taiwan; RBI front arm bushes and arm ends, made in Singapore; tie rods and Tie ends, made in Thailand and Jumping rod bushes (including the bolt), made in thailand again. Didn't need jumping rod bushes but still got them changed. The tie rod and ends too were fine, so just bought them to keep them in stock for future..didnt get them changed.

Here is the cost per item

Front Shockers, Qty 2 - Rs. 5300/-

Front Arm Bush kit 4 pieces - Rs. 1300/-

Front Arm End 2 pieces - Rs. 1700/-

Press fitting charges for arm bushes - Rs. 300/-

Labour Rs. 1200/-

Total 12,200/-
Surprised to read that you were able to source bushing kit for lower arms. When I checked in Pune and Mumbai, I was told bushing kit for Cedia is not available (unlike say, Skoda or other cars).
Will your contact be able to send the bushing kit to Pune by courier in case it is required?
Old 26th September 2011, 01:00   #313
Senior - BHPian

So all of these parts are made specifically for the Cedia or are they common with some other vehicles too.

Also, some time back did you post about some technician who is an expert in fixing car remotes etc. If yes could you post the guys contact details.

Just checked the website for Mando, they are Korean and have a joint venture in India with Anand that caters to the brake system requirements for Hyundai. Their other products include suspension components and systems, Steering systems etc and they are vendors to GM and Hyundai. These should be very high quality much better than anything coming out of Taiwan which should be churning out mostly rubber/plastic parts and electrical harnesses, switches etc.

Last edited by khoj : 26th September 2011 at 01:18.
Old 26th September 2011, 09:40   #314
Senior - BHPian

^They should be specific to the car model. The bushes for Octavia for example, cannot fit into the arms of Cedia.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:42   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprised to read that you were able to source bushing kit for lower arms. When I checked in Pune and Mumbai, I was told bushing kit for Cedia is not available (unlike say, Skoda or other cars).
Will your contact be able to send the bushing kit to Pune by courier in case it is required?
I started looking for parts at 3 in the afternoon. If I had had some more time, I would have visited kashmiri gate myself to check for more stuff. Kashmiri gate is the largest auto market in India and the wholesalers there can procure you parts for ford mondeo; cedia has still sold in far better numbers.

I am not too sure, if the guy would be able to send the parts to pune, but I can certainly give you his number and you can talk to him directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So all of these parts are made specifically for the Cedia or are they common with some other vehicles too.
Yes sir, these parts are specifically for Cedia.

Quote:
Also, some time back did you post about some technician who is an expert in fixing car remotes etc. If yes could you post the guys contact details.
Must be someone else, I aint got any clue of anyone who can fix car remotes.

Quote:
Just checked the website for Mando, they are Korean and have a joint venture in India with Anand that caters to the brake system requirements for Hyundai. Their other products include suspension components and systems, Steering systems etc and they are vendors to GM and Hyundai. These should be very high quality much better than anything coming out of Taiwan which should be churning out mostly rubber/plastic parts and electrical harnesses, switches etc.
Certainly, having worked for a company that do research on auto components suppliers across the globe, I knew Mando is a reputed suspension components manufacturer. Thats the only reason I picked the shocks despite the fact that they are made in Taiwan.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th September 2011 at 15:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks