Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 12:49   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Came across this site for auto spares.
2006 MITSUBISHI LANCER SE Turn Signal Lamp Assembly

I tried selecting a 2006 Lancer - but some parts look a bit different.
Does anyone know a good site which can give photos of parts in Indian Cedia?

@Gaurav: I tried calling the spare part dealer on the number you gave me. He needed sample of caliper pins. There is no way I can give that to him without immobilizing my vehicle since I don't have a spare.
Any suggestions?
Edit: one more site: http://mitsubishi.epc-data.com/lancer_cedia/
Old 17th October 2011, 17:20   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

As per this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...estions-2.html the correct tyre pressure for Cedia is 29 PSI. I normally try and fill in 30 PSI at home (considering 2 adults in front and a kid at the back with weekend luggage). Somehow, anything lesser than 30 seems to be insufficient in filing up the tires from the looks of it.
I notice that especially in my front tires (new Michelin PLC's in front).
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 10:35   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am interested in a set of Lenso alloys in 15" 100 pcd for the Swift in case you know a good shop. The catch is I am looking for a 5 spoke design with only 4 holes and most wheels have 8.
I guess you want these for the swift. The tire dealer near my place sells HKS alloys, you may want to check the OZ kinda design that comes in cedia.. . Also, there is a Yokohama dealer on Shivaji Marg, where Asian Motors is. I have seen wide variety of alloys with that dealer. Definitely worth a look.

Quote:
As for the cover I did get one with the car and I insisted on getting one made from a material called 'Tyvek' this is so much better than the ordinary silver color cover that are useless. This one not only keeps out dust but also rain water. Here it is made by a co. called Polco and their covers are available with Hypercity and reliance autozones.
Thanks sir, will definitely check the covers. But I am still a bit skeptical, as my paint guy tells me that constant use of cover especially in sun will lead to paint fading in couple of years, dont know if I want that :(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Gaurav: I have the normal silver one that khoj has mentioned above.
Ya, I too have the same cover, got it along with the car, the billing was for Rs.2700.

Quote:
Removing and putting covers back is when you could scratch the car - so we have to be very careful during this.
Ya, thats another thing I am worried about, so have ordered an AC cabin filter to take care of the tree leaves atleast..I may then need not cover the car, as its anyways cleaned every day..

Quote:
you may wana check this link..
Auto Parts Warehouse | Car Parts, Truck Parts & Auto Body Parts Online - Free Shipping on most Auto Accessories & Performance Parts – AutoPartsWarehouse

Quote:
@Gaurav: I tried calling the spare part dealer on the number you gave me. He needed sample of caliper pins. There is no way I can give that to him without immobilizing my vehicle since I don't have a spare. Any suggestions?
Ya, for pins, one would definitely need a sample.. whats wrong with the pins anyways?, are they making noise, when you hit a pot hole.. or what..?

If there is a little play, you may want to clean the pins and add a single layer of electric tape, apply some good quality grease and put them back. the noise will definitely go low if not go completely. Did it in swift last year, when I avoided going to karol bagh. the noise went almost nil..

@For the tire pressure, try keep atleast 30 in city and 32 on highway. May take it up to 33 and 35 respectively depending on the weight and driving style. I run on 32 in city and 34 on expressway, the acceleration is a little better and free .

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st October 2011 at 10:41.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 11:31   #349
BHPian

Battery finally died today close to the four year mark.

Got into the car to leave for office and it just would not crank up. All lights would switch on, then all would go off other than the oil and battery..I guess its the battery...funny thing , I just got it back from service and repairs..

...am going to get an amaron this time around...any ideas on which one I should pick. Dont want to spend too much.
Old 21st October 2011, 11:54   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Ya, thats another thing I am worried about, so have ordered an AC cabin filter to take care of the tree leaves atleast..

How much does this filter cost? Is it available in outside market? Any pics?

Ya, for pins, one would definitely need a sample.. whats wrong with the pins anyways?, are they making noise, when you hit a pot hole.. or what..?

Some noise when it goes over undulations. Calipers were serviced and the noise has come down a lot. Am heading off to Goa tomorrow. Will see how much of reduction is there on the highway.
But why does one need a sample? Isn't there a part number associated with this? Are there different types of caliper pins which can fit in the calipers?

@For the tire pressure, try keep atleast 30 in city and 32 on highway. May take it up to 33 and 35 respectively depending on the weight and driving style. I run on 32 in city and 34 on expressway, the acceleration is a little better and free .
Driving style is sedate and the maximum speed is 120. I have never exceeded pressure of 30. We have two of us in front and a kid at the back and 3-4 small bags (say 4-5 days of luggage which fills up about 60% of the boot)
I might try 32 for tomorrow morning and see how it impacts the ride quality in the front seats.
Old 21st October 2011, 13:00   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Battery finally died today close to the four year mark.
...am going to get an amaron this time around...any ideas on which one I should pick. Dont want to spend too much.
You may want to try Bosch. I got 35L for Rs1800/-. My car's battery too lasted for almost 4 years..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2492172

Quote:
How much does this filter cost? Is it available in outside market? Any pics?
The filter is not available in India. I have ordered it from US. Actually, my aunt has gone to US and is coming back on tuesday, so I asked her to get it for me.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...3-1852576.html

Installation

Also ordered a stock K&N airfilter for lancer..

K&N® Air Filter - 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Filter - K&N KN-33-2105

Quote:
But why does one need a sample? Isn't there a part number associated with this? Are there different types of caliper pins which can fit in the calipers?
These people dont have part number for cars such as cedia. Its the whole salers who have them and order them for import.. Sample allows these people to see if they car find a substitute from some other car..which isnt a problem if the pins are same..

Quote:
I might try 32 for tomorrow morning and see how it impacts the ride quality in the front seats.
32 is the correct tire pressure, you should do good..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st October 2011 at 13:07.
Old 21st October 2011, 14:12   #352
BHPian

Quote:

32 is the correct tire pressure, you should do good..
GC the K&N site says "Will NOT Void Vehicle Warranty." now is that true in our case?

I am getting one if that's the case, as my warranty is 3 years, I also recollect our discussion from earlier that it does void warranty etc.

On the tire pressure, I find 29 better for city on the Potenzas in Mumbai.

They seem to have already hardened a bit since the ride is slightly stiffer now in city, and slight issue with road grip at high speeds, very slight.

Is that possible at 12k?

The rattles I mentioned earlier have grown, maybe rear suspension, cant say since the performance is not hampered, spoken to Aquest here, will take it for a lookup after Diwali.
Old 21st October 2011, 14:21   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
GC the K&N site says "Will NOT Void Vehicle Warranty." now is that true in our case?

I am getting one if that's the case, as my warranty is 3 years, I also recollect our discussion from earlier that it does void warranty etc
Not a biggie, since you can always switch back to stock filter for a day or two if the After sales and services make a huge hue and cry about warranty!
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 17:40   #354
Senior - BHPian

The front suspension of my Cedia has started making "khut-khut" noises whenever i go over a bump or pothole. I gave my car for 50k service and the SA is saying suspension bushes needs to be replaced (approx 2k + labor). He was also advising to replace some other suspension components (couldnt get details over the phone) but as i have to go on a urgent Out-of-Station trip, i have asked him to just do the service and get the car ready. Will deal with suspension problems once i return next week.

Gaurav, does 2k for the bushes sound reasonable ? Also, should the suspension need overhaul in 50k kms ? I have done a fair bit of bad roads thanks to Karnataka roads.
Old 21st October 2011, 20:03   #355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am getting one if that's the case, as my warranty is 3 years, I also recollect our discussion from earlier that it does void warranty etc.
I think this will void warranty atleast in India. But as Rohit (ACE_F355) said, its not a big deal, you can always swap it back to the stock filter before you go to the ASC..

Also, if you plan to order it online and get it to India, it will cost you additional $55 for shipment, which I think is not worth the cost of this filter. If you have someone coming from US, its not a bad idea to get this filter..

Quote:
On the tire pressure, I find 29 better for city on the Potenzas in Mumbai.

They seem to have already hardened a bit since the ride is slightly stiffer now in city, and slight issue with road grip at high speeds, very slight.

Is that possible at 12k?

The rattles I mentioned earlier have grown, maybe rear suspension, cant say since the performance is not hampered, spoken to Aquest here, will take it for a lookup after Diwali.
Well, I am not someone who can best comment on the same, as I have always given more importance to performance over comfort, so have never got anything under 30 ever. I start feeling lack of acceleration as soon as the tire pressure is under 32 .

But anyways, stiff tires will still not lead to rattling in suspension, 12k kms is too less a reading for rattles from suspension.. Best to get it checked again. dont take delivery of the vehicle till they fix the issue.. also shoot a mail on mitsubishi website..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
The front suspension of my Cedia has started making "khut-khut" noises whenever i go over a bump or pothole. I gave my car for 50k service and the SA is saying suspension bushes needs to be replaced (approx 2k + labor). He was also advising to replace some other suspension components (couldnt get details over the phone) but as i have to go on a urgent Out-of-Station trip, i have asked him to just do the service and get the car ready. Will deal with suspension problems once i return next week.
Gaurav, does 2k for the bushes sound reasonable ? Also, should the suspension need overhaul in 50k kms ? I have done a fair bit of bad roads thanks to Karnataka roads.
I have quoted this earlier in the long term ownership report I posted in May...

Quote:
Due to increased GC (bigger springs..no change in suspension geometry..remember??), the suspension bushes may go kaput within 50k kms. You won’t get the link kit from outside easily, hence you may end up replacing the arms atleast. Please avoid bumps as much as you can.
Which bushes are quoted at 2k plus labour.. arm bushes or jumping rod bushes.. I dont think arm bushes will be available individually from Mitsubishi and 50k is too less for jumping rod bushes to go kaput. Arms definitely can go kaput at 50k if you have seen considerable bad roads..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st October 2011 at 20:04.
Old 21st October 2011, 21:30   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sound is like a vertical something hitting against two walls on either side, and it starts, goes to a crescendo and then quietens down, until the tire goes over the next stud.

I also feel the stock Potenzas have slightly hardened already, and I have done only 12k so far.
This might have been looked in to earlier but if not then check the bootlid balancing rods. These are mounted in a X pattern just below the rear parcel shelf. They keep the bootlid balanced during its travel. There is a jig that keeps the two rods held together and usually does not allow them to hit against each other. With usage however it can either move, fall off (rare) or the rods sag at a different point than what was intended and hit each other thus making noises similar to what you have described. I had this issue too and resolved it by wrapping the rods by using a longish piece of foam and wedging it between the two rods. One of these days I intend to wrap them either with 3M's medicinal tape or masking tape

Quote:
2006 MITSUBISHI LANCER SE Turn Signal Lamp Assembly

Edit: one more site: Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia parts catalog
If any of you guys finds turn indicators for the Cedia's ORVM please advise, I am extremely interested in picking up a set.

Quote:
As per this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...estions-2.html the correct tyre pressure for Cedia is 29 PSI. I normally try and fill in 30 PSI at home (considering 2 adults in front and a kid at the back with weekend luggage). Somehow, anything lesser than 30 seems to be insufficient in filing up the tires from the looks of it.
I notice that especially in my front tires (new Michelin PLC's in front).
The recommended pressure by the OEM is arrived at having factored in the vehicle's maximum tare weight. So as long as you are not loading up the car beyond the maximum permissible weight there is no need to over inflate the tires.

The slight sag that you see at the recommended pressure is a characteristic of tires to help provide an optimum contact patch with the road as also help the tire absorb the bumps etc more effectively thereby taking away some of the impact from the suspension.

Quote:
I guess you want these for the swift. The tire dealer near my place sells HKS alloys, you may want to check the OZ kinda design that comes in cedia.. . Also, there is a Yokohama dealer on Shivaji Marg, where Asian Motors is. I have seen wide variety of alloys with that dealer. Definitely worth a look.
I will do that, thanks for all of the info.

Quote:
Thanks sir, will definitely check the covers. But I am still a bit skeptical, as my paint guy tells me that constant use of cover especially in sun will lead to paint fading in couple of years, dont know if I want that :(.
True for the cloth, parachute material covers of yore. These are exactly the things that Tyvek helps to avoid. Been using them since 2006 on other cars, no issues as yet.

Quote:
Ya, thats another thing I am worried about, so have ordered an AC cabin filter to take care of the tree leaves atleast..I may then need not cover the car, as its anyways cleaned every day..
This is a great find.

Quote:
You may want to try Bosch. I got 35L for Rs1800/-. My car's battery too lasted for almost 4 years..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2492172

Gaurav, why did you get the L. IIRC the positive terminal in our cars is on the right hand side of the battery as we stand facing the battery (so our left side). One would require a 'L' only if it were the other way round!

The filter is not available in India. I have ordered it from US. Actually, my aunt has gone to US and is coming back on tuesday, so I asked her to get it for me.

2004-2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Cabin Air Filter - NPN W0133-1852576

Any chance your aunt could bring back one more. I am being greedy ain't I, OK so can she get say half a dozen of these for all of us guys

Quote:
I think this will void warranty atleast in India. But as Rohit (ACE_F355) said, its not a big deal, you can always swap it back to the stock filter before you go to the ASC..

Also, if you plan to order it online and get it to India, it will cost you additional $55 for shipment, which I think is not worth the cost of this filter. If you have someone coming from US, its not a bad idea to get this filter..
In all seriousness guys if you are interested in procuring the same let us plan a group buy which will allow us to save on freight/courier charges. this is a light weight and low volume component so for example if courier charges for a single unit are say $55 for 3 it may be only $75 or so. These could be imported in to say Bombay and couriered out to Bangalore, Delhi etc thereby minimizing local courier charges too which in any case will be shared. What say?

BTW GC Pipercross has a direct fit air Induction kit for the Cedia, costs 9~10K in the local markets (psst see now you do have space for one more, I will get you the PC kit here)
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 23:33   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This might have been looked in to earlier but if not then check the bootlid balancing rods.
He has already checked the balancing rods, thats not the culprit :(.

Quote:
If any of you guys finds turn indicators for the Cedia's ORVM please advise, I am extremely interested in picking up a set.
Why dont you try the stick on ones, can be used on any cars.. dont know in detail but remember to have seen similar ones sometime last year..

Quote:
True for the cloth, parachute material covers of yore. These are exactly the things that Tyvek helps to avoid. Been using them since 2006 on other cars, no issues as yet.
Thanks Sir, will definitely have a look..

Quote:
Any chance your aunt could bring back one more. I am being greedy ain't I, OK so can she get say half a dozen of these for all of us guys

BTW GC Pipercross has a direct fit air Induction kit for the Cedia, costs 9~10K in the local markets (psst see now you do have space for one more, I will get you the PC kit here)
Tempting , but I am afraid I ll have to say no even without asking. Infact, its not 100% that she will be getting these for me too.. because she was there on long holiday (over 3 months now, london and then US) and she is already loaded..Her daughter (my cousin) has ordered the filters and will try to send it along with my aunt; if not, she will herself get them in feb when she comes to India. At that point, I can definitely ask my cousin to get 2-3 of them as she usually comes with very little weight..

Plan to get a vortex generator, head light lids and ralliart pedals when she comes in feb. Google pls..

Quote:
Gaurav, why did you get the L. IIRC the positive terminal in our cars is on the right hand side of the battery as we stand facing the battery (so our left side). One would require a 'L' only if it were the other way round!
Am I missing something, I think it was similar to stock, positive terminal definitely not on right side (as we stand facing the battery).. will check tomorrow and confirm.. if it was L or was it H.. I am confused..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 21st October 2011 at 23:57.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:06   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tempting , but I am afraid I ll have to say no even without asking. Infact, its not 100% that she will be getting these for me too.. because she was there on long holiday (over 3 months now, london and then US) and she is already loaded..Her daughter (my cousin) has ordered the filters and will try to send it along with my aunt; if not, she will herself get them in feb when she comes to India. At that point, I can definitely ask my cousin to get 2-3 of them as she usually comes with very little weight..
Hey, I am just having fun with you.

Though, do let us know how the fitment goes as I already have a quote (merchandise + shipping +customs duty) from the site for $98.00 for 2 nos of these. Basically the same model as yours but with activated charcoal to get rid of the odours too.

BTW, I have a feeling that our cars already have this. The reason being that after my last BOM to DEL run the blower was making a huge noise on mid to high fan speeds. A huge booming sort of noise, so I sent the Blue to the service center and they returned it in the evening with the noise fixed. Upon enquiring over the phone the service manager said that they cleaned out the coil !! How did they manage that without really opening up a whole lot of parts and with the gas etc still intact was puzzling until I saw the install video in your link. The voice over clearly says and I quote "change these every X000 miles else they will destroy your blower". So I guess they cleaned out the same filter in my car and the next time I go down for service I will have this looked into unless of course your observations come in first.

[QOUTE]Plan to get a vortex generator, head light lids and ralliart pedals when she comes in feb. Google pls.. [/quote]

No googling for me, never find anything useful. Please provide the links.

Quote:
Am I missing something, I think it was similar to stock, positive terminal definitely not on right side (as we stand facing the battery).. will check tomorrow and confirm.. if it was L or was it H.. I am confused..
Yes please check it should be a regular battery. The only two cars that I have ever seen with the L battery are the old Honda City type I and the Aveo whose battery I changed last week from a 5 year old Exide to a Globatt 55DIN 'L' made by would you believe it Rahima Farooz Batteries Ltd. of Bangladesh. Beautifully made, I liked it the moment I saw it. Easy on the pocket too as it comes from our MFN status holder (love thy) neighbour and hence attracts 0% customs duty.
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:33   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I am just having fun with you.

Though, do let us know how the fitment goes as I already have a quote (merchandise + shipping +customs duty) from the site for $98.00 for 2 nos of these.
sure, will do..if at all I get them..lolzz

Quote:
Upon enquiring over the phone the service manager said that they cleaned out the coil !! How did they manage that without really opening up a whole lot of parts and with the gas etc still intact was puzzling until I saw the install video in your link. The voice over clearly says and I quote "change these every X000 miles else they will destroy your blower". So I guess they cleaned out the same filter in my car and the next time I go down for service I will have this looked into unless of course your observations come in first.
No, we dont have this filter in our cars for sure. The ASC must have got access to the coil just by removing the glove box, as my AC guy did in my car for cleaning the coil. Had there been this filter, I would not have had any coil choking issue..

The coil can be cleaned, with gas still intact..

There is a place for filter but no filter as such.. Same is the case with civic too..

Quote:
No googling for me, never find anything useful. Please provide the links.
Will do for all apart from pedals, which is just 1 in stock.. will order it first and then post link..

Quote:
Yes please check it should be a regular battery.
ya, will check and reply..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd October 2011 at 09:34.
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:26   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04

Which bushes are quoted at 2k plus labour.. arm bushes or jumping rod bushes.. I dont think arm bushes will be available individually from Mitsubishi and 50k is too less for jumping rod bushes to go kaput. Arms definitely can go kaput at 50k if you have seen considerable bad roads..
Arm bushes only. He says he will get them changed individually at 2.5k. Also he was saying that tie rod end and ball joint also look like they need changing soon and I should change them. What do you think ? Should I get this changed as well ?

Most Viewed