Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:42   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Agree. 3rd and 4th is where you need to build up speed in this car. 5th is primarily an overdrive and takes ages to build up speed. I did 190 on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway when the car was just 1 yr old and it was willing to go a bit more but it wasnt very stable so i didnt push more. After that, havent crossed 160-170 on the toll roads around Blr.

And i have panic braked a couple of times from 140-150 on the highway and no drama at all - ABS kicks in and you can either manovure the car out harm's way or come to a safe halt.

I changed my tyres 4-5k kms back to A-Drives (no S-Drives/PP2/CPC2 in stock due to ISI fiasco) and the car feels a bit better than stock potenzas for sure.
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:10   #377
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

but yes, I mostly like to do 175 on 4th and then slot 5th..

If my wife is driving at 80 and doesn't go to 5th, I kind'a have to nudge her to shift up. I can't imagine even 75 kmph in 4th. As a practice anything above 60 is 5th gear for me.

Where is the noise, I need a K&n typhoon..

Engine noise is quite apparent. One reason for going with Cedia was I wanted a noise free car - rattle free, no squeak and no wind/ tyre/ engine noise as well for long drives. Cedia is just the right car. I just have to get my caliper pins replaced to get rid of the only noise that I get on bad roads. A.S.S. is Rs. 500 per pin - expensive.

I am quiet happy with castrol edge, costed me Rs.2900 for 4 Litres.

I will look out for this. Is there any specific grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Tires are the culprits, cant say broader are a must, also since I only get 7-8.5 kmpl in stock ones, but a set of performance tires in same spec and rating would be heavenly. Scary thought getting broader tires, might start returning 5 kmpl.

You may be doing spirited drives in city to get those FE ratings. I have never got less than 10 in city. But I drive sedately with minimal braking.

It would be interesting to find out what tire pressure are you guys using for those high speed runs. With 30 psi, the car was sluggish compared to 32 psi on my trip back from Goa.

Last edited by S_U_N : 3rd November 2011 at 18:11.
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:57   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tires are the culprits, cant say broader are a must, also since I only get 7-8.5 kmpl in stock ones, but a set of performance tires in same spec and rating would be heavenly. Scary thought getting broader tires, might start returning 5 kmpl.
I think PP2 should be good investment, performace is good and you certainly get a lil better FE, but they cost quiet more compared to Yokos..

Quote:
Stopping is an issue for me only at low speeds, requires pumping. Had to slam the brakes hard just yesterday as some poor fellow lost balance of his scooter and fell ahead of me, the wheels made a jarring noise and dragged forward upon braking, not skidding but more like churning and moving slightly against resistance.
When are you going to ASC, gimmi a call from there, I ll PM ypu the number sir.. this should do good with little piston adjustment as I wrote to you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
If my wife is driving at 80 and doesn't go to 5th, I kind'a have to nudge her to shift up. I can't imagine even 75 kmph in 4th. As a practice anything above 60 is 5th gear for me.
Ya, thats the way I drive when I am not ripping the car. Do you expect me to run @ 6kmpl always..

Got this habbit from dad, use 3rd till 50-60 and shift to 5th immidiately and keep at 2k rpm at most, to get 12-13kmpl..

Quote:
I just have to get my caliper pins replaced to get rid of the only noise that I get on bad roads. A.S.S. is Rs. 500 per pin - expensive.
Thats is surely expensive but not bad considering you are getting it individually. The ones of swift costs about Rs.500 for pair from ASC if I remember right..

Quote:
I will look out for this. Is there any specific grade?
Most synthetics are 5W 40, shell, castrol, motul, etc.. Mobil 1 is 0W 40..
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:09   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats is surely expensive but not bad considering you are getting it individually. The ones of swift costs about Rs.500 for pair from ASC if I remember right..

Most synthetics are 5W 40, shell, castrol, motul, etc.. Mobil 1 is 0W 40..
I am not sure if I would get single caliper pin. I would have to replace the pair.
Need six in total. Only one pair is not making any noise. My concern is that they may ask me to buy the caliper brackets as well. That is expensive.
Old 4th November 2011, 12:32   #380
BHPian

Quote:

You may be doing spirited drives in city to get those FE ratings. I have never got less than 10 in city. But I drive sedately with minimal braking.

It would be interesting to find out what tire pressure are you guys using for those high speed runs. With 30 psi, the car was sluggish compared to 32 psi on my trip back from Goa.
No S_U_N quite on the contrary I drive sedate 85% of the time since it's bumper-to-bumper. It's only sometimes that I push it just a little.

The culprit for FE could be the traffic, but not spirited driving, or maybe both.

I prefer 29 psi but 30 is better if you want it to pull easier, never tried 32 though.
Old 4th November 2011, 13:49   #381
BHPian

Hey Gaurav. Any updates on the clock spring? I'm just being curious.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:57   #382
BHPian

I get between 8.5-9 km/l usually in city driving.

ANyway checked the revving on neutral, and there is no issue there. I will ask them to check other things when I go for my next service.
Old 5th November 2011, 10:30   #383
BHPian

Oh and just this Diwali the kids were at it near my car in the compound.

They use the 'fuljharis' to light crackers and anaars etc. and I am assuming one of those bums kept the fuljhari on my spoiler.

It was after Diwali day and afternoon, and I just spotted a bunch of them running away from my car.

The burnt area was still hot and soft when I touched it.

Gave the kids a piece of my mind, but then again they are kids, so I let them go with a mild warning.

The guard and the society office guys I gave hell.

The circular clearly says all firecrackers etc to be played with in the garden area, not anywhere near cars.

But anyways, the damage was done. Don't know if this can be fixed, the white fiber is seen through.

And it hurt, a lot, still does looking at it.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img00159201111050959.jpg  

Old 5th November 2011, 13:11   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They use the 'fuljharis' to light crackers and anaars etc. and I am assuming one of those bums kept the fuljhari on my spoiler.

It was after Diwali day and afternoon, and I just spotted a bunch of them running away from my car.

The burnt area was still hot and soft when I touched it.

Gave the kids a piece of my mind, but then again they are kids, so I let them go with a mild warning.
This is crazy, I mean my four and a half year old nephew knows that you dont want to go near a car while burning crakers.. If you know any of there's parents, get them to see the damage atleast.

Quote:
The circular clearly says all firecrackers etc to be played with in the garden area, not anywhere near cars.
Its sure parents who are at fault here, you have to make sure that your kid follows whats written in the circular.. I mean these are bloody well educated people.?

Quote:
But anyways, the damage was done. Don't know if this can be fixed, the white fiber is seen through.
I think a little putty work will be required on the damaged area to level the surface and then it can be painted.. You might take the claim for both the boot area which was sprayed earlier and this..
Old 5th November 2011, 14:01   #385
BHPian

Quote:
This is crazy, I mean my four and a half year old nephew knows that you dont want to go near a car while burning crakers.. If you know any of there's parents, get them to see the damage atleast.

I think a little putty work will be required on the damaged area to level the surface and then it can be painted.. You might take the claim for both the boot area which was sprayed earlier and this..
True GC, the parents are on the flat just above my parking and were in the window enjoying the view watching their kids play with crackers.

They lied through their teeth saying the fuljhari fell from a higher floor, and I did not buy it but thought best to refrain from an altercation.

The earlier paint marks came off at the local car-spa. Those guys had some solution and paste for scrubbing but warned me the red paint might fade, which to their amazement it did not.

So the paint smears were comfortably removed from the boot and spoiler.

However, for this 'burn' I came across the below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2529753

Don't know if this would be a 'Toyota only' solution, but seems to do the job very well indeed.
Old 5th November 2011, 17:42   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the paint smears were comfortably removed from the boot and spoiler.
Thats great, even I thought that those marks could get off..

Quote:
However, for this 'burn' I came across the below:
I think the better option would still be to get it painted completely..

Where the damage is, patching will look bad..

In between, earlier I was talking about these head light lids; the vortex generator on the roof and those 5 spoke gun metal alloys (have a special place for 5 spokes in my heart)...may be in some time...

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-36394_10150218271560029_711825028_13256377_885015_n.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-imgp1137.jpg
Old 5th November 2011, 22:39   #387
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in the red monogram in the front. Is that available in Delhi or somewhere else?
Old 6th November 2011, 18:09   #388
Senior - BHPian

My Blue Streak's instrument panel backlight and the parking lights on the RHS have stopped working. Looks like a blown fuse and I do not have a fuse tester, will have to take it to the service center. What a waste of time.

On a different note g_c04 what benefit accrues out of using the vortex generator. Also have you been able to locate a shark fin antenna for the Cedia. The OE antenna gets in the way every time I cover up the car and I need to take it off, look after it and then put it back on every time I use the cover. I need to find a small height alternative ASAP.

@mandheers

Sorry to see the red with a skin burn. Standox has introduced something called micro repairs for such incidents. Contact Mazda motors in Tardeo for the same. The owner/contact person is Parvez. Mazda Motors, Tardeo. 022 - 24931708, 24947560. /. Jaywant Industrial Estate, Tardeo, Mumbai - 400034
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 18:15   #389
BHPian

Quote:
I am interested in the red monogram in the front. Is that available in Delhi or somewhere else?
I remember seeing something similar in Khan Market. I'll be going there soon. Will let you know.
Old 7th November 2011, 02:46   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
My Blue Streak's instrument panel backlight and the parking lights on the RHS have stopped working. Looks like a blown fuse and I do not have a fuse tester, will have to take it to the service center.
Going to service center is a better idea, I know its a waste of effort but you cant help it..But, I hope the rats are away these days..

Quote:
On a different note g_c04 what benefit accrues out of using the vortex generator.
The vortex generator keeps the car more stable on straights at high speeds (over 150-160), just as a spoiler does.

Quote:
Also have you been able to locate a shark fin antenna for the Cedia. The OE antenna gets in the way every time I cover up the car and I need to take it off, look after it and then put it back on every time I use the cover. I need to find a small height alternative ASAP.
No, I too take off the antenna, and I somehow like the stock one so never wanted to change.. You might wana talk to ACE_F355 (Rohit) for the antenna. He was looking for a dummy one for his civic but you will need the one with antenna whereas he will need a dummy as civic doesnt have antenna on roof..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I remember seeing something similar in Khan Market. I'll be going there soon. Will let you know.
That must be for the pajero.. the one for cedia is a bit curvish rather than pajero's straight.. Still check if its for cedia. I'd surely want to buy one for my car too..

In between, me and ACE_F355 happened to be at Emporio Mall today and we spotted multiple exotics at the mall's parking. You may check them here..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...few-years.html

And then the pics of our exotics..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-20.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-21.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th November 2011 at 02:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks