Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 00:17   #541
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Got new set of S-Drives today. Same Size 205/55/R15. Had some sudden plan to go to agra tomorrow but its postponed to sunday or Tuesday. The tires costed me 6050 per tire. 50/11 batch, ISI registered. Total damage was Rs.24,700/- including Rs.500 for painting calipers . Will update more tomorrow.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 10:20   #542
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Nice. How many KM's did your previous tyres last?
Also, since you are running a different size, strange that it has not impacted the suspension setup.
Old 18th February 2012, 14:24   #543
Senior - BHPian

The tires lasted 40k kms (almost 83k on the clock, changed the last set at around 43k kms on clock), which included lot of wheel spins and hand brake turns , and could have done another 2-3k kms if driven in city normally. Although, we have an outstation trip planned near holy next month, a sudden plan to show Agra to a few guests came in. So I had no option but the change the tires. Simply not worth taking a chance on tires, one of which was ripped from the wall and other with only last millimeter tread left.

I must say that the tires last very well in terms of life against my expectations of 30k kms. They are very good when it comes to griping the road, both in dry and wet conditions. The fun factor though went down in the last 5k kms or so, but the grip levels were still v good. Two tires got damaged in the last set, one was a pinched tire at 7k kms and the other at some 30k (if I remember right). The tire that went kaput at 30k was because of both damaged alloy and bad roads. The 4 tires had only 3 punchers in total across 40k kms but no flat tire (apart from the tire that got ripped from sidewall and went flat, but that too was after I reached home). However, the road noise increase with the number of kms. Also, they simply cannot sustain bad roads, only once did I take the car to meerut on bad roads and the tire got pinched.

I chose them again only because of their performance. Only one word Incredible. They are definitely low on comfort but it doesnt bother me much as I drive most of the time with 1 or 2 people onboard and that too on good roads across delhi.

I did consider AVS dB v550 but they were not available with the ISI mark, so warranty would have been a problem. I know its only for namesake but still, the tires have 5 years warranty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Also, since you are running a different size, strange that it has not impacted the suspension setup.
It does impact the suspension, I expected my car's suspension to last 1 lac kms but it went kaput at 75k kms only (I know I know, thats more than usual for suspension life in India). Why I expected 1 lac kms from it, because other cars including 800, alto, swift, and lancer have done 1 lac kms plus on delhi roads before suspension change but then none of them had low profiles on them. Also, it affects the wheel bearings and axles.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th February 2012 at 14:35.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 17:21   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Got new set of S-Drives today. Same Size 205/55/R15. Had some sudden plan to go to agra tomorrow but its postponed to sunday or Tuesday. The tires costed me 6050 per tire. 50/11 batch, ISI registered. Total damage was Rs.24,700/- including Rs.500 for painting calipers . Will update more tomorrow.
Congrats on the new shoes GC!

Have fun!!
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 13:56   #545
Senior - BHPian

Went to Agra on Tuesday. We were 5 adults and left for agra at about 11 AM. Got late as the guests came from Jalandar at 8:30 in the morning and took their time to get ready. Reached Faridabad at about 12 and then got stuck in a 45 mins traffic jam. Thereafter had some lunch at KFC and left fot agra at 1:15. Though I intended to drive within 100 kmph, I had to do some spirited driving to get to Agra quickly. Althought there were no pot holes, the complete stretch has patch up work done on the road. And anything over 80-90 made the ride too bumpy. Also, the traffic sense in UP is poor. Had to brake hard in two emergency situations when a truck came in the right lane without indicator and other when a pedestrian jumped all of a sudden in front of the car to cross the road. Both the times the car stopped without any fuss and S-Drives stuck to ground as they always do.

Reached Taj Mahal at 4:30 and spent about 2 and a half hours there. Then again left for delhi at about 7 and reached Faridabad at about 10 PM. Had dinner at faridabad Bikanerwala and reached home at about 12.

The driving experience was poor because of uneven roads thoughout the stretch and I wished for much better roads. It was after 10 years that I went to agra and I suppose, across these years they have just been doing repair work on the road and havent laid any new tarmac. I remember, the road was soo much better at that time. Also, the Traffic sense is very poor.

Despite the fact that I was not able to maintain the speed and had to brake and rebuild the speed off and on, and that we also got stuck in Jam, the car returned 12.5kmpl with 5 people on board.

In between: the passenger side front window is making some rattling noise for last week or so. Will have to show it to the ASC to see if something can be done about that.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd February 2012 at 14:19.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 17:43   #546
Senior - BHPian

I came across this nice picture of projectors on lancer.
The car looks very much like an Indian Cedia.

Curious to know how much will the projectors and the bulbs/ kit cost here in India.
I am interested in better visibility at night (and not the blue colour).
Old 1st March 2012, 18:29   #547
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is now at less than 9 lacs on road.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...9-000-a-2.html
Old 1st March 2012, 19:41   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Yep it is sad news for current owners as resale value which was already bad literally crashes after this!!
Old 1st March 2012, 23:26   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Yep it is sad news for current owners as resale value which was already bad literally crashes after this!!
The good news is that you can swap your old sports for new sports with momo, sat nav, OZs and yes less kms on OD for only 1-1.5 lac.. Though I am not considering it as of now..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 1st March 2012 at 23:34.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:40   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 7.99 ex showroom in Mumbai now for the past month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Actually that is debatable, since the newer one is finding fewer takers from enthusiasts, owing to beige+brown interiors, no leather upholstery, no DVD player etc.

The Aquest (originally Autodrome) sales guy Saurabh told me there are a few interested in the 2010 Cedia Sports which came shod with everything.

All said, you are more right than wrong.

Quote:
The good news is that you can swap your old sports for new sports with momo, sat nav, OZs and yes less kms on OD for only 1-1.5 lac.. Though I am not considering it as of now..
No GC, wouldn't advise. (yes the OZ and MOMO are really tempting, but there is no SAT Nav on this one)

But what I would suggest strongly is you try doing a TD of the new one and let this thread have your feedback. Or better still start s new thread like a Cedia Sports' 2012 avatar review, am sure you are an absolute authority and can spot differences between the new ones and the earlier.

What say?
Old 5th March 2012, 14:26   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
No GC, wouldn't advise. (yes the OZ and MOMO are really tempting, but there is no SAT Nav on this one)
Yes Sir, I was only kidding. The next car is still atleast 4-5 years away. Until, I get a pre-owned outlancer at ridiculous price. I am sold for this car. That will be like, "man tha le li". So you can guess the price .

Quote:
But what I would suggest strongly is you try doing a TD of the new one and let this thread have your feedback. Or better still start s new thread like a Cedia Sports' 2012 avatar review, am sure you are an absolute authority and can spot differences between the new ones and the earlier.
After taking a 10kms drive of outlander in January, if I enter the showroom for a Cedia test drive. They will throw me out of the showroom.

Jokes apart, I now want a TD of EVO. Lets get serious in Life.

Sorry, I couldnt manage to come to chanalya puri on saturday. Was tied up somewhere. But next time you come to delhi, I'd be looking forward to se you Sir.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th March 2012 at 14:29.
Old 16th March 2012, 13:38   #552
BHPian

OT: I was wondering if someone here would be kind enough to post up a picture of the rear brake caliper from under the car? I basically need to see how the handbrake cable is connected to the caliper.
We have a 02 lancer with a disc setup at the back and one snapped cable! Unfortunately we are still trying to figure out which car the brake setup came from!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Last edited by james : 16th March 2012 at 13:39.
Old 21st March 2012, 00:16   #553
Senior - BHPian

Made a small video, broke it into two and compressed it from146 mb to 10 mb, so please ignore the quality..

@James, will get the photo in a day or so and post it here..Soory for late reply, I missed your update on this thread.
Old 21st March 2012, 14:59   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Made a small video, broke it into two and compressed it from146 mb to 10 mb, so please ignore the quality..

Mitsubishi Cedia Revving 1 - YouTube

Mitsubishi Cedia revving 2 - YouTube

@James, will get the photo in a day or so and post it here..Soory for late reply, I missed your update on this thread.
Nicely done GC, don't want to get into the details of who took the video, but I know you drive safe.

Heard the brakes in the second video, you putting the tires to test I guess.

Revvs are really free, mine I have never even taken near 5k yet.

Sound is distorted a but, but still throaty. Did you have the windows down or is it the K&N?
Old 22nd March 2012, 16:28   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Nicely done GC, don't want to get into the details of who took the video, but I know you drive safe.
Thanks

Quote:
Heard the brakes in the second video, you putting the tires to test I guess.
The brakes of my car are always under testing. Got this really bad habbit of showing no mercy on brakes when I drive hard. In fact, the habbit came from 800, which doesnot have brake booster. When it was 800, the brakepads, costed Rs.200-250, and I used to change them every 5k kms during service. Now, with cedia, I get them changed at almost every 15k.

Quote:
Revvs are really free, mine I have never even taken near 5k yet.
The revvs are really free, only grouse is the revv limited at 6k, its like bang on the wall.

I know, its got really hard for you to live with your car and despite number of attempts, people from HM-Mitsubishi or Aquest have not been able to rectify the problems. You should seriously ask them to give you a new car. Whats the updat with taking opinion from Red Roosters.

Quote:
Sound is distorted a but, but still throaty. Did you have the windows down or is it the K&N?
The woosh sound we hear is because of the windows rolled down and the roar is because of the both the higher RPM and the K&N. But its not loud enough to enjoy during the day, when the noise outside is pretty loud. I am very keen on getting a K&N Typhoon. Will hopefully decide next month.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 22nd March 2012 at 16:30.

Most Viewed