Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 02:39   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Got 90k service done. Some 85,700 kms on the OD and 10,300 kms since last service. Must say that the Castrol EDGE lasted better than the motul. It was definitely in better shape than Motul xcess 8100, i used during previous 10k kms.

Bought 4L pack of Castrol Edge 5W40 SN from palika bhawan for Rs.2300. December 2011 import, made in malaysia. Service charges at Asian Motors Rs.1010 and Rs.140 for the oil filter. Total damage Rs 2300+1010+140= Rs.3450/-.

Got the air intake off and got the carbon cleaned of the throttle body valve. The pedal was sticky since last 1k kms or so (K&N anyone?). Its sorted now. Got K&N cleaned with air pressure, still to buy cleaning kit. Also got the AC cabin filter cleaned, its still in good condition after 7-8k kms. Last but not the least, the engine head cover bolts were a little loose, got them torqued.

The car was thoroughly washed and handed over in 3 hours. The good news is that after launch on pajero sport, Mitsubishi asked Asian Motors to expand its facility but for the time being the ASC has increased its working hours and will expand its facility once the number of pajeros go up. So, the new timings are from 8 in the morning to 8 in the evening.

However, the bad news is that the parts of cedia and lancer have further gone through the roof . Didnt check actual prices but in general the prices have gone up by 40-60%.

Other update: Last week cousin's black cedia had two major issues but have settled for now. First, the Horn got direct and was blowing like anything without anyone being in the car. The car was parked when the horn started blowing on its own. My cousin opened the car and tapped the horn pad and it went off. Two days later the horn started blowing again when the car was parked and we decided to get it checked. Second, the ABS motor was kicking in when one had light foot over the brakes for more 2-3 seconds. It made a wierd grumbling noise. Took the car to asian motors and all the codes were checked. The wheel actuators for left and right front wheels were working on different speeds, so got it reset. For the horn pad, the fuse and codes were checked and we were told that the Horn pad has gone kaput. But the worst part is that the horn pad is along with the air bag is a complete assembly and costs about Rs. 60k. We were not to get it changed anyways. However, I asked the electritian to take off the stering wheel and all the wiring and install it back. Bhpian Raja Taurus had the same issue with his car and the airbag assembly was replaced under warranty.

Now, the ABS issue came back one day later and we took the car to our mechanic Raju to get the BS sensors (magnetic) cleaned. Its been 4 days since then and the isue has not come back. The horn too hasnt got activated since last 6 days, so looks like reinstalling the wiring did the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey did you guys get the deliveries yet?
Yes Sir, i got the keychains on 31 March. Also got the Ralliart pedals last week. The quality of keychains were v good but I found them a little expensive. My brother got VW keychain last week of similar/may be better quality and its price was Rs.100 compared to Rs.285 plus Rs.91 ebay charges.

The ralliart pedals are of incredible quality. Must say they are worth every penny spent. Still to get them installed. In btw, fought with my 5 year old nephew to give me the hotwheels EVO scale model (costs only Rs.100 but not easily available, he got it from chandigarh. I was looking around at hotwheels stalls for evo for over 2 years now, didnt want bigger scale models as I wanted to place it on the dash). Gave my nephews N number of offers including 3 cars for this 1 car etc but he didnt bulge. Finally my sister hid the car that night and gave it to me. Now, the day my nephew see the car in my car, I am DONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What exactly are we talking about? sorry too tired to look it up in previous posts.
Sir we are talking about adjustable coilovers, its just 1 post prior to the one you quoted.

Quote:
tire valve caps with Mitsubishi logo.
Ahh the valves, I too thought of buying them but then my alloys are

Quote:
I have to get the 2 year service done any day now. So let us see if we can plan and meet up at the ASC.
Sir, I got the Service done today itself. But let me know when you come to Asian, we can plan something. Just that I am going to vaishno devi this thursday and will be back on sunday and yes we are DRIVING..WOW..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th April 2012 at 03:05.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:25   #572
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Did you swap your headlights then

Yes Mandheers, got the key chain and tire valve caps with Mitsubishi logo. Thank you for the timely heads up.
Pleasure sir! Glad you got it.

The red Cedia disappeared last weekend, it used to be parked with a 'for sale' placard, will look again.

The lights look something else, more on that later if I find it.

You got the valve caps from ebay? Will look them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Yes Sir, i got the keychains on 31 March. Also got the Ralliart pedals last week. The quality of keychains were v good but I found them a little expensive. My brother got VW keychain last week of similar/may be better quality and its price was Rs.100 compared to Rs.285 plus Rs.91 ebay charges.

The ralliart pedals are of incredible quality. Must say they are worth every penny spent. Still to get them installed. In btw, fought with my 5 year old nephew to give me the hotwheels EVO scale model (costs only Rs.100 but not easily available, he got it from chandigarh. I was looking around at hotwheels stalls for evo for over 2 years now, didnt want bigger scale models as I wanted to place it on the dash). Gave my nephews N number of offers including 3 cars for this 1 car etc but he didnt bulge. Finally my sister hid the car that night and gave it to me. Now, the day my nephew see the car in my car, I am DONE.

Ahh the valves, I too thought of buying them but then my alloys are :eek
Yes GC, they are lesser in demand, hence the price maybe. LOL

Also, not a nice thing to do to your cousin.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 15:22   #573
Senior - BHPian

@gc: I am looking for some Mitsubishi scale models. Somehow I have not seen a single Mitsubishi scale model at any place despite making serious attempts to look for them. I have a kid who is fond of cars, and would like to give him a new Lancer or Evo X.

Any online resources in India?

BTW: Did you get any pricing information for me?
Old 18th April 2012, 00:00   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@gc: I am looking for some Mitsubishi scale models. Somehow I have not seen a single Mitsubishi scale model at any place despite making serious attempts to look for them. I have a kid who is fond of cars, and would like to give him a new Lancer or Evo X.

Any online resources in India?
No, not from India, but you can find this high quality scale model of EVO. Its preety big being 1/18 scale and detailed too. The price though is pretty high. I may get it in couple of months.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Apart from this you can order the hotwheels scale model in orange, blue and green. I got Orange.

hotwheels evolution | eBay

Quote:
BTW: Did you get any pricing information for me?
Sorry, I didnt manage to go to karol bagh :(. I do need to go to get rear brake pads for cousins cedia and front and rear for my car (though mine should last atleast another 2-3k kms). Will definitely check the parts you want.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:06   #575
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a diagram which represents the various bolts/ screws which need to be removed from the front bumper so as to remove the headlamp assembly.
Any pictorial representations will help.

Also, I am looking for a diagram which indicates the two headlamp leveling screws on the headlight assy. Last evening we were trying to adjust, but could not find the second screw.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:45   #576
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts.
I found a nice thread here: How to: 04-06 bumper removal - evolutionm.net

I get the feeling that our bumper is exactly the same (at least the old Cedia, not the new Sports one). What do you guys say?
Old 24th April 2012, 01:55   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the back to back posts.
I found a nice thread here: How to: 04-06 bumper removal - evolutionm.net

I get the feeling that our bumper is exactly the same (at least the old Cedia, not the new Sports one). What do you guys say?
Yes, thats exactly the same. Though we dont have the retainers shown in the fourth pic. Buy some extra plastic plugs (both bigh and small, those of swift, alto of similar size will do) as they break while removing.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th April 2012 at 01:56.
Old 27th April 2012, 01:36   #578
Senior - BHPian

I went to CP today for some work at around 1 PM, left CP at 1:30PM and left for Moti Bagh for my cousin's house. While I was on shanti path (embassy area), I had a word with my brother in law, who was at an embassy at work. We planned to have lunch together and I picked him up and went to Karnataka Bhawan to have food. Reached the place to find that there was a waiting of 30 mins and my brother in law had to get back to finish some urgent stuff. So didnt wait and picked up a quick munch from the snack shop outside and left for the embassy. Now, a U turn is not allowed at the first traffic light of rao tula ram marg and so I took a left and wanted to take a U turn to come back to the traffic light to joint rao tula ram marg again.

As I reached the cut to take a U turn, I had the indicator on, checked the ORVM, turned my head to see right (have this habbit from 800) and it was all clear. I waited for the oncoming traffic to go, so that I can make my way, which took some 10 odd seconds or so. As soon as I saw that I can make my way and I had not moved the car more than 1 foot or so, a scooter rammed into the driver door of the car and I saw the right ORVM inner glass break into pieces. There was a loud noise and I feared for the worst. The uncle on scooter (sardarji around 50 or may be more) somehow managed not to fall down and stopped his scooter on side. He could not manage to engage the stand of his scooter as his hand was paining. My brother in law quickly helped him park his scooter, while I parked the car on side. The uncle had the left most finger of his left hand bleeding and was in pain. I offered to take him to hospital but he refused. I further offered to atleast get first aid done but he refused to that as well. We waited for 5-7 minutes, till the uncle asked us to leave.

Finally, we left and I dropped my brother in law at the embassy. Thereafter went to my cousin's place. Took a quote from a local denter for repair and he quoted 2k for the door. As I had previously taken quote from him for front and rear bumpers, he quoted 5k for front and rear bumper and driver side door. I though I can also take an insurance claim and take the door paint and rear bumper paint, which will only cost Rs.500 plus 30% no claim (about Rs.3-4k).

Went to Asian Motors in the evening to find out that there is some change in terms and conditions of all insurance companies and the customer is now to pay 10 % tax out of 22% and a depreciation (similar to metal depreciation) on Paint (which was earlier 100% covered under insurance). For me it should be 25% depreciation I think. Until one has 0% depreciation policy, one will have to pay the tax and depreciation from his pocket. This has been implemented by all insurance companies from 1 April 2012. Asian Motors charge 4500 plus tax from insurance companies for one piece. I had a word with the new workshop manager and he said, he can do one door for 3500 including tax for me. Will get it done in a week or two. Before all that I need to source an inner glass for my ORVM, which should cost another Rs.6-800.

The good part in all this was that the uncle on scooter was fine. I did get a little afraid looking at blood coming from his little fingure but thank god he was fine.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 16:57   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I had previously taken quote from him for front and rear bumpers, he quoted 5k for front and rear bumper and driver side door. I though I can also take an insurance claim and take the door paint and rear bumper paint, which will only cost Rs.500 plus 30% no claim (about Rs.3-4k).
The claim charge is Rs. 1000 for larger engines (I think more than 1600 CC?).
Quote:
Went to Asian Motors in the evening to find out that there is some change in terms and conditions of all insurance companies and the customer is now to pay 10 % tax out of 22% and a depreciation (similar to metal depreciation) on Paint (which was earlier 100% covered under insurance). For me it should be 25% depreciation I think. Until one has 0% depreciation policy, one will have to pay the tax and depreciation from his pocket. This has been implemented by all insurance companies from 1 April 2012. Asian Motors charge 4500 plus tax from insurance companies for one piece. I had a word with the new workshop manager and he said, he can do one door for 3500 including tax for me.
Surprised to hear about this depreciation on denting/ painting. Are you sure about this?
A.S.S. will always be very expensive. 1 door for 3500 is very cheap. What about front and rear bumper. Most likely the surveyor will not agree all this happened in one accident so you will have to make separate claims, else have to get it done outside.
Old 28th April 2012, 17:16   #580
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the damage GC!!

Here's a little something I found, might cheer you up:

Old 28th April 2012, 17:48   #581
BHPian

Quote:

Here's a little something I found, might cheer you up: Mitsubshi cedia Sports Car-On The Road - YouTube

haha. that review is funny
quite a different take to reviewing a car, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 29th April 2012, 00:38   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, the bad news is that the parts of cedia and lancer have further gone through the roof . Didnt check actual prices but in general the prices have gone up by 40-60%.
Are you sure ? SVR motors in BLR recently told me that prices have gone up across the board by 22% (including taxes). The filters etc they changed for my Lancer's service seemed to tally roughly (comparing older prices from memory)
Old 29th April 2012, 01:38   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The claim charge is Rs. 1000 for larger engines (I think more than 1600 CC?).
Oh yes, I missed that, paid 500 for polo, so was under same impression.

Quote:
Surprised to hear about this depreciation on denting/ painting. Are you sure about this?
I am not 100% sure, but I did talk to a few guys and they seem to have same information. Will confirm it with insurance guy when I renew the cedia's policy next month.

Quote:
1 door for 3500 is very cheap.
3500 was quoted when I was ready to pay from my own pocket, not when I claim insurance . And even 3500 is not exactly cheap, the material cost is not even Rs.5-600, rest is all labour, other expenses, premium and tax. I was quoted Rs.1k at karol bagh today and the guy had just finished working on the left side of 5 series, E60 and the work done was excellent. Just that I cant trust those guys by leaving the car with them for a day or two. The 5 was a dealers car.

I enquired about the caliper bracket but the guy said it wont be available as there isnt much demand. There was a Mahindra First Choice guy standing next to me and he said that he lately sourced the entire left front caliper for Rs.4.5k from agra from a place where cars are dumped and cut into pieces for parts. Though I got the front brake pads (TRW) and ORVM inner mirror (used but genuine) from Gulati for Rs.1200 and Rs.800 respectively.

Quote:
What about front and rear bumper. Most likely the surveyor will not agree all this happened in one accident so you will have to make separate claims, else have to get it done outside.
You can take any two sides, I could have got the door and rear bumper in claim. But I am thinking of waiting for a month or 2 and then get the door and bumpers painted and get complete 3M exterior detailing done. For now, the paint on the door is fine, it has cracked at two places for 2 inches or so but hasnt come off. Mainly it is the dents that are bothering me.

Quote:

Quote:
Here's a little something I found, might cheer you up:
, Although very detailed, it was really hilarious. Look at his shirt, I love GREAT Britain.lolzzzz.. And the fake tire squeel again and again at the last. Who is this guy, reminded me of Singham Movie, where the kidnapper of actress's sister speaks to Police in tamil..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Are you sure ? SVR motors in BLR recently told me that prices have gone up across the board by 22% (including taxes). The filters etc they changed for my Lancer's service seemed to tally roughly (comparing older prices from memory)
There is no much difference in service parts as they were always cheap., But the wear and tear parts including brake pads and suspension have had price hikes. Dont remember exact quotes but they have gone up significantly.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th April 2012 at 01:41.
Old 30th April 2012, 09:46   #584
Senior - BHPian

Friend got new set of tires on his cedia yesterday. Yokohama AVS db v550 in 195/60/15 for Rs.5100 each. ISI marked, made in Japan. I will ask him to post a quick review after intial usage. Had 4 brigestones, 3 yokohamas and 1 Michelin to choose from and the v550 made the nest bet as its micro silica, price competitively and is the premium series from Yokohama. Add to that the reviews of Bhpian Shuvc and Khoj helped along with good reviews from My brother in law's brother who got the same tires on verna.

In btw, my friend got a swiss knife from Yokohama with the set of tires. Got the Tires from the same dealer we have been visiting for over an year now, this was the 6th car including swift, verna, All new verna, vento, my cedia and friends cedia, we got the tires on. The name of the shop is WHEELS and they are autorised dealers of most of the tire brands. Mr. Ankit helped us in deciding the right tire and told us pros and cons of each tire. Apart from this, all alloys were fitted with new nozzels and filled with nitrogen. Alignment and balancing were also included in the price. The services provided by him and his team are excellent and I would recommend them wholeheartedly.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th April 2012 at 09:53.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:50   #585
BHPian

Sorry for going off topic.
Guys what should be price of cedia sports 2007 model done 68k kms and 2008 model done 17k . both are single owner and well maintained. both are Mumbai register.

Most Viewed