Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 14:34   #631
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Update: Got the car scanned for the SRS light this morning.
The A.S.S. says the clock spring needs to be replaced. Total estimated damage is 13K.
The error code (DTC) was 22. I found this PDF to be very informative:
http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo9/GR00005500-52B.pdf
It indicates that there could be due to any of the following:
• Open circuit in the driver's air bag module (squib)
or harness
• Open circuit in the clock spring
• Malfunction of connector contact

I am assuming that since point 2 is the most common, that would be the conclusion for all Cedias.
The SA said that they have never replaced clock springs before.

Hence this part is never in stock and they don't know how long will it take since spare part problem still continues.

So, now I am looking for sourcing this part from outside market (faster and probably cheaper too).
Any help is appreciated.

Edit: MR583930 is the part number.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:58   #632
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Update: Got the car scanned for the SRS light this morning.
The A.S.S. says the clock spring needs to be replaced. Total estimated damage is 13K.
The error code (DTC) was 22. I found this PDF to be very informative:
http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo9/GR00005500-52B.pdf
It indicates that there could be due to any of the following:
• Open circuit in the driver's air bag module (squib)
or harness
• Open circuit in the clock spring
• Malfunction of connector contact

I am assuming that since point 2 is the most common, that would be the conclusion for all Cedias.
The SA said that they have never replaced clock springs before.

Hence this part is never in stock and they don't know how long will it take since spare part problem still continues.

So, now I am looking for sourcing this part from outside market (faster and probably cheaper too).
Any help is appreciated.

Edit: MR583930 is the part number.
Wow. clearly the parts issue is a much larger problem out side of Delhi. Here, the clock spring was available immediately.
anyway, doubt you'll get this part anywhere outside, and fitting it isn't something you'd want to get done from anywhere but A.S.S.
I received your PM too. The email address is given on the mitsubishi website, which for some reason, isn't accessible from my current location.
do take a look.

Edit : there's no email address. fill in the form accessible via the 'contact us' option on http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in/contactus.php

Last edited by sukrit7 : 11th July 2012 at 16:02. Reason: changes
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 19:40   #633

Hi,
I am looking to buy a used Cedia Select and need some help and advice for the same. The details of the car I have seen here in Mumbai is below.

Model/Year - June 2007
Ownership- 1st Owner
Odo reading- 43000 kms approx
Interior/Exterior condition - Silver exterior and Beige interiors are well maintained. Overall a clean car.
Tyres - dealer said stock company tyres were replaced by Bridgestone ones. Looked okay (actually I cannot fully judge that)
Ride Quality - seemed pretty smooth with steering tad bit unresponsive as compared to a honda city zx vtec which I saw while searching for the used car.
Claimed mileage - approx 12kmpl in city with AC on
Asking price - 3.5 lakhs

I have checked the vehicle registration details from vahan.nic.in and it seems pretty authentic. Owner going for upgrade, hence want to sell this as per the dealer's comment.

After looking at number of used cars(including honda city zx vtec, city exi, chevy aveo 1.4, palio 1.6) I instantly liked this one as it seems in a pretty good condition.

Can someone help me out with my 2 queries below.
1. Are there any specific things which needs to be looked before buying a used Cedia Select.
2. Is the asking price acceptable? I ran these details on carwale's used car estimation tool and got a range of 2.3-2.7 lakhs. So what should my quote be for the above car to the dealer?

Also can someone suggest me a reliable mechanic for Mitsibishi Cedia here in Mumbai(preferably nearby Andheri if possible), who I can take with me for a further inspection.

Appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks in advance
Vinay
Old 13th July 2012, 14:13   #634
Senior - BHPian

I was at the A.S.S. earlier in the week to get quotes for a new front skirting and bumper and while conversing with the W.M. found out that not so long ago their management was considering closing this particular dealership (they also own/run GM & Audi dealerships). However that thought line was erased post a national level meeting of HM+Mitsu with their dealers earlier this month, wherein it was announced that a slew of new products are to be launched in the coming 18 months. He had more details than he was letting out but requested me to await for formal announcements later in August. I too did not press him as I was more concerned with their paint shop's abilities in matching colour shades.

Anyhow it seems that something is indeed brewing, as after the 7.99L sport we now have a 8.99L select. See below
Hindustan Motors launches upgraded 'Cedia Select 2012' - The Economic Times

@ultimaate

The Honda steering is powered by an electric motor and is basically meant for the ladies to help them turn it around without spoiling their manicured digits. The Mitsubishi sports a hydraulic setup which provides for a balanced response to various condition. What you term as unresponsive is called stable in technical parlance. Observe both cars over an average potholed, broken surface city road and the difference is so in your face.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 15:17   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate View Post
Hi,

Asking price - 3.5 lakhs
The car comes with BS Potenza RE 88 be default, so your comment on tyres is confusing. I expect that at 43K, a new set of tyres is needed.

It is difficult to get 12 in city with this car. I would say somewhere between 10-12 depending on city traffic conditions. If you drive aggressively, then I think 10 looks difficult.

3.5 L is on the higher side, but Cedia's are not easily found in used car market, since the sales are very low to begin with.

Spares are expensive at A.S.S. and outside market support is not that great in Mumbai/ Pune.
It will be cheaper to own and maintain a Honda City (better mileage/ cheaper spares).

I would set aside 20-40K for expenses that might come up due to this being a 5+ year old car -
check hoses such as power steering hose, check clock spring failure (SRS lamp on the dashboard) and also the suspension.

I assume that the entire service history is available since there is just one owner involved.
Do keep us posted on the progress.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 17:12   #636

@Khoj and SUN
Thanks a lot for your replies. My knowledge of cars in very minimal and this will be my first car purchase. So I am being a bit cautious here.

@SUN
The tyres are definitely not what you mentioned. They were changed sometime back(will get these details tomorrow when I visit the dealer again with a mechanic)

I have got hold of an independent garage mechanic who said he can check both Honda city and Cedia for me. However he advised not to go for Cedia and look for City instead because of the expensive A.S.S as you pointed.

I am comfortable with mileage 10-12kmpl in the city with AC.

As you said, additional 20-40K might be required for any issues that come up. So do you think after spending this amount, the car would be good to own for a period of 2-4 years?

Also if I quote 2.75Lakh to the dealer will it be too less a price, given the mechanic says ok for the car with no major issues?

Thanks again, will keep you posted on this.
Vinay
Old 15th July 2012, 23:19   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate

So do you think after spending this amount, the car would be good to own for a period of 2-4 years?

Also if I quote 2.75Lakh to the dealer will it be too less a price, given the mechanic says ok for the car with no major issues?

Thanks again, will keep you posted on this.
Vinay
Difficult to answer that question.
If car has genuine odometer reading then 2.75 L is a great price.
If you are still learning how to drive then don't buy a big car. More so, Cedia parts are expensive, plus in case of insurance claim you will have to bear around 40% cost due to depreciation.

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th July 2012 at 23:30.
Old 17th July 2012, 10:02   #638
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone purchased anything from Amayama Trading - Genuine Parts for Japan Used Imports - Amayama Trading

I am getting a clock spring from them for 128 USD (including shipping - if I understand it correct).
These guys are based in Japan and sell OEM parts.
I will have to check with A.S.S. will install the part if I buy from them.
Also, what are the customs/ import duties for auto parts?
Old 24th July 2012, 13:29   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am looking to buy a used Cedia Select and need some help and advice for the same. The details of the car I have seen here in Mumbai is below.

Model/Year - June 2007
Ownership- 1st Owner
Odo reading- 43000 kms approx
Interior/Exterior condition - Silver exterior and Beige interiors are well maintained. Overall a clean car.
Tyres - dealer said stock company tyres were replaced by Bridgestone ones. Looked okay (actually I cannot fully judge that)
Ride Quality - seemed pretty smooth with steering tad bit unresponsive as compared to a honda city zx vtec which I saw while searching for the used car.
Asking price - 3.5 lakhs

I have checked the vehicle registration details from vahan.nic.in and it seems pretty authentic. Owner going for upgrade, hence want to sell this as per the dealer's comment.

After looking at number of used cars(including honda city zx vtec, city exi, chevy aveo 1.4, palio 1.6) I instantly liked this one as it seems in a pretty good condition.

Can someone help me out with my 2 queries below.
1. Are there any specific things which needs to be looked before buying a used Cedia Select.
2. Is the asking price acceptable? I ran these details on carwale's used car estimation tool and got a range of 2.3-2.7 lakhs. So what should my quote be for the above car to the dealer?

Also can someone suggest me a reliable mechanic for Mitsibishi Cedia here in Mumbai(preferably nearby Andheri if possible), who I can take with me for a further inspection.

Appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks in advance
Vinay
Is this a Grey Cedia Select, Andheri West, Thane regn 6373?

Best place to get used cars serviced is the authorized service station. You've saved on the cost of vehicle, keep about 50-60k aside for any used car, City/Cedia, parts etc notwithstanding, just in case anything comes up.

I have always had used cars and benefited a lot by getting them duly serviced immediately I took delivery and religiously post that only at authorized service. Only denting/painting/bodyjobs were done elsewhere to save on costs.

Ensures reliability for any used car, IMO.

Edit: Where are my manners, Hello everyone!!

Last edited by mandheers : 24th July 2012 at 13:32.
Old 24th July 2012, 20:51   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Anyhow it seems that something is indeed brewing, as after the 7.99L sport we now have a 8.99L select.
Quote:
More so, Cedia parts are expensive, plus in case of insurance claim you will have to bear around 40% cost due to depreciation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Best place to get used cars serviced is the authorized service station.
Dear Khoj/S_U_N/Mandheers/GC,

No intention of hijacking this thread, just need your two cents. I have been hunting for a Cedia since 3 months and finally found two cars listed on Dr.Cars.in website. The details of both the cars on in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-346.html

I have been religiously following all your threads right from Initial to Longterm ownership. Please advise me what are the important things to check in a Cedia before your take a final call. This will help me a lot. And does it make sense in buying it from a different state incase not available in Hyderabad as I see only 2 cars in Hyderabad currently.

Appreciate your time and advise.

Cheers !
Old 24th July 2012, 21:46   #641
Senior - BHPian

^^ I would go with the single hand owned vehicle, it has done lesser kilometers too. The seller can be asked to arrange for a NOC from Delhi that will allow you to register the car in AP. The original invoice or its copy at least will be required by the local RTO to work out the tax. As for inspection you can have the vehicle checked out at the local Mitsubishi service station, it will be money well spent. Have them put it up on a lift and carefully check the underneath apart from the ECU check via the diagnostic tool etc. You could get it checked by your local mechanic/garage too but you will have to point out what all to check (known trouble spots per the various threads here) & they will mostly not be able to run diagnostics in any case.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 14:30   #642

Quote:
Difficult to answer that question.
If car has genuine odometer reading then 2.75 L is a great price.
If you are still learning how to drive then don't buy a big car. More so, Cedia parts are expensive, plus in case of insurance claim you will have to bear around 40% cost due to depreciation.
Thanks, this helped my decision. The seller was hell bent on 3.5lakhs, so I decided to let it go. I'm quite sure it would be still unsold at that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Is this a Grey Cedia Select, Andheri West, Thane regn 6373?
No this one is in Andheri east with a dealer on Andheri-Kurla Road.
Old 25th July 2012, 16:01   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate
Thanks, this helped my decision. The seller was hell bent on 3.5lakhs, so I decided to let it go. I'm quite sure it would be still unsold
2.75 lacs is a great price for you as a buyer, but a poor sale for the seller.
The right price for Maharashtra could be around 3.25 lacs with a +/- 25K.
Cedias are rare in the market.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:06   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, this helped my decision. The seller was hell bent on 3.5lakhs, so I decided to let it go. I'm quite sure it would be still unsold at that price.

Oh, the silver grey then, opposite Gurudwara. Nidhi something Motors maybe.

That's been there sometime, but looks good and clean on the outside. I always thought it belonged to some resident there.

Anyways, your call.
Old 26th July 2012, 11:50   #645
Senior - BHPian

Here is an option in case you are open to a new car @ approximately 7oddL.

2011 manufactured Linea TJet+ at 9.56L ex showroom
less
Cash discount 1.15L (if dealer does not have stock) ~ 1.5L (if dealer has stock)
less
Exchange bonus 1.0L (assured) to 1.5L (if dealer has TJet+ in stock)
less
Free Insurance or cash back 12~15K; Free road side assistance @3K

The vehicle has a warranty of 2 years / 40000kms. Extended warranty is available @ 5.6K for a total of 4 years / 80000 kms.

This model is loaded with a 1.4 L engine equipped with a Turbo charger churning out 114hp@5000RPM & 207Nm of torque @2200RPM resulting in this being a wolf in sheep's disguise. The ride quality, handling are exemplary. Other stuff such as all leather interiors, 16"Alloys, automatic air con etc. etc.

Down side is that only colours available are Bossa Nova white & Black, though a dealer in Bombay also has a Tuscon WIne in stock.

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks