Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2012, 09:42   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

^@Mandheers: It is just bad luck. Probably the red color did not go well with you? Sometimes certain colors do not suit certain individuals.
But Rs. 3400 is a good price. I remember I paid Rs. 4000 for Exide last May.

Somehow no one has called me for fuel pump recall - and I probably would not want to get it changed either -although the car has done 1.1 lac KM. The older part probably is of better quality than the new one, or perhaps I am just being superstitious here.
Old 24th September 2012, 17:08   #677
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
No. I sourced the parts and got the fitting done with a guy in Pune who has quite a bit of experience in doing the retrofits.

If you get computerized headlight alignment option, then please do go for it.
The parts look good, though I went with something different. (Morimoto H1 with CNlight H1 bulbs and with good quality 35W ballasts).
Tip: 4300K bulbs are almost useless in rains. Go for 3000K or near about.
Ya, even I am shuddering to do it DIY, just in case I break the reflector. Wonder how much *** would ask for it!! There is another expert in HID Retrofit in Salem, goes by Xenonpro on GH. I would first try to see some sample work of my local guy, else drive till Salem. Pune is too far!!
I chose FX-R over Morimoto after people preferring it for superior Foreground fill and highway performance.

I went for 4300K after due diligence as I already have genuine Fog lamp under the fenders. Doesn't Cedia comes stock with Fogs? May be the previous owner put it.
My current HID is 6000K I guess, and it attracts cops attention. 4300K HID and yellow Fogs would be enough I guess.

Well still waiting for the Projectors to arrive from China!!
Old 25th September 2012, 09:46   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Ya, even I am shuddering to do it DIY, just in case I break the reflector. Wonder how much *** would ask for it!!
Reflectors are the shiny part inside the headlamp assy. That part is not available separately, though breaking that part during a retrofit would be quite strange.
The full Stanley head lamp assy is around 20K for one side.
Depo head lamp assy should be around 8-10K for a pair.

Quote:

I went for 4300K after due diligence as I already have genuine Fog lamp under the fenders. Doesn't Cedia comes stock with Fogs? May be the previous owner put it.
My current HID is 6000K I guess, and it attracts cops attention. 4300K HID and yellow Fogs would be enough I guess.

Well still waiting for the Projectors to arrive from China!!
My Cedia is a select model from 2006 - so no fog lamps.
Hopefully with fogs lamps your output during rains would be better even with 4300K bulbs.
Otherwise, I would perhaps suggest go for 3000K to 4000K in future.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:03   #679
Senior - BHPian

Finally got the clock spring installed an hour ago.
I had purchased it from Amayama Trading company.
Total landed cost: Rs. 8500 + labor at A.S.S. = Rs. 169.

The part seems to be genuine. I have physically inspected a new replacement part at the A.S.S. and the one that I had procured.

Hope this clock spring lasts long enough for me.
Old 28th September 2012, 09:29   #680
BHPian

Quote:
^@Mandheers: It is just bad luck. Probably the red color did not go well with you? Sometimes certain colors do not suit certain individuals.
But Rs. 3400 is a good price. I remember I paid Rs. 4000 for Exide last May.

Somehow no one has called me for fuel pump recall - and I probably would not want to get it changed either -although the car has done 1.1 lac KM. The older part probably is of better quality than the new one, or perhaps I am just being superstitious here.
Colours I am not sure of but this one car alone has given more problems than all my cars put together, and in the entire family.

Taking the car on 2nd October to Aquest, for AC checkup and fresh+loud creaking noise from passenger side door/B-pillar.

Didn't even bother reporting the battery dying to HM, it was Exide and not under warranty beyond a year.

AC cooling is erratic and nowhere like earlier, I have never taken the temperature to 22c even in sweltering summers, and it is getting pretty pleasant in Mumbai now, morning and evenings.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:39   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Colours I am not sure of but this one car alone has given more problems than all my cars put together, and in the entire family.

Taking the car on 2nd October to Aquest, for AC checkup and fresh+loud creaking noise from passenger side door/B-pillar.

Didn't even bother reporting the battery dying to HM, it was Exide and not under warranty beyond a year.

AC cooling is erratic and nowhere like earlier, I have never taken the temperature to 22c even in sweltering summers, and it is getting pretty pleasant in Mumbai now, morning and evenings.
Mandheer, sorry to read your long list of woes for Cedia. Battery problem can be in a particular batch of Cedias.
I have had my Nov-2010 Cedia battery(Exide) going dead, luckily for me it was within a year. Service response from J Williams was really good. They gave me a temporary replacement battery immediately and sent the old one for replacement to factory. In 2 weeks I got a new battery and it is working pretty good.
Apart from the battery problem my Cedia is behaving really well (touch wood) , apart from regular service there is no maintenance. Its almost 25,000 now, couple of rattles are starting, apart from that car behaves very well.
Old 16th October 2012, 14:16   #682
Senior - BHPian

Long time...was out of town for over a month .

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Called Excel motors to find out regarding the fuel pump replacement and was not really satisfied with their response on the same.......Scheduled the work for next Saturday. So an opportunity to check out yet another service center, let us see how this one turns out.
You are right, I had a call from Asian Motors for the fuel pump replacement of my car. I told them that we have 2 more cedias and asked the lady to check if they also need fuel pump replacement. She confirmed by vehicle number that these cars are also in this "unofficial" recall. Got my car's fuel pump replaced on Friday. My friend got his red car's pump replaced on Saturday morning along with service. On saturday evening when I took my cousin's black cedia for the pump replacement, the new service adviser very abruptly said that not all car's fuel pump are covered under this recall. Somehow, his behavior was as if "free me change karane aa gai" and then he had it from me.. Big time. Later Mr. Arshad, the CEO of Asian Motors came and said its your own workshop sir and asked the adviser to change the pump "no questions asked". I would have had no problems if he would have said that he needs to check if the vehicle is under the recall or not, but he simply rejected my request and was kinda rude, as if I came to them without prior notice. In fact, te lady handling recall called me twice, once on friday evening and second on saturday morning asking for both red and black car.

Although, HM hasnt officially declared a recall, they are changing fuel pumps of most cars. over 90k on both white and blcak cedia and complete fuel pump assembly changed under warranty. way to go HM.

Quote:
Have asked for a cabin filter retrofitting if they have in stock.
Ask for a outlander filter, its for 2400 rupees and it fits cedia..

Quote:
The cooling coil was reported choked and AC would need full service, with gas change etc. - whatever.
The bill was 6742/- and the damn thing is still not cooling this morning.
After all this, AC should be cooling like anything. My car's discharge pipe gave away again last week and this time I had it fixed from my mechanic Raju's know AC guy. this is the third time the pipe has given in a year. If it goes one more time. I am getting a new pipe for bloody 14k... But the new AC guy was blaming the quality of pipe of previous AC guy, but isnt that usual?

AC as usual is chilling once in perfect order..

Quote:
Battery died today, in the market. Cranked, but just gave up.

Exide guy was round the corner, got a quote for Matrix and Max, slightly on the higher side, 3400/- for the Max.
The exide battery of my cousin's cedia also went kaput after good 5.5 years last month. He got a 1.5 year warranty, 1.5 year guarantee bosch battery for Rs.2000. Somehow, our experience with exide was good.

In btw: dad got front brake pads changed from Asian Motors as I was not in town, it costed some 6k including labour.

And here's a recent picture, not with cedia though..

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-385162_463066657071743_1679976236_n.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th October 2012 at 14:30.
Old 16th October 2012, 15:02   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Long time...was out of town for over a month .
Welcome back.

Quote:
You are right, I had a call from Asian Motors for the fuel pump replacement of my car.
Quote:
Although, HM hasnt officially declared a recall, they are changing fuel pumps of most cars. over 90k on both white and blcak cedia and complete fuel pump assembly changed under warranty. way to go HM.

No one called me so far. In fact I forgot to ask when I had gone for my clock spring replaced a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Ask for a outlander filter, its for 2400 rupees and it fits cedia..
Still have not understood why this is needed. Is it due to polluted air coming in? Or some smell or something else?

Quote:
I am getting a new pipe for bloody 14k..:
Give me the part number. I will try and find out the cost of importing.

Quote:
In btw: dad got front brake pads changed from Asian Motors as I was not in town, it costed some 6k including labour.
Sad to hear that. Where do I stand with this development? I need to replace pads and a few things by December.

The 'truck' looks good.
Old 18th October 2012, 13:33   #684
BANNED

I got my dad's cedia's clutch replaced with Excedy Stage 1 clutch set.
to my surprise the OE clutch was from Excedy too.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-cedia-clutch.jpg  

Old 18th October 2012, 14:07   #685
Senior - BHPian

^How much does the original clutch cost at A.S.S. and in outside market?
And what is the labour to change it?

Edit: Can you give me the part number please?
Old 18th October 2012, 14:10   #686
BANNED

Not sure about the price at *** and it labour charges there.
I wanted stage 1 because I want to TC it later stages and got everything done outside.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:38   #687
BHPian

Some of the parts in the Cedia are from well known manufacturers. I remember seeing something else as well which made me remember this.

Anyway, I have not got any call for fuel pump replacement and as long as its working I dont want to go ack to SVR and break my head with them. I have been thinking of finding another service center for my car, but so far I have been too lazy to figure it out. SVR really is the pits.

I keep thinking about buyig another car but few have managed to meet up to my expectations after driving the Cedia. Anyway lets see how it goes.

BTW, does the A*S keep spares like the gear know? When seems to have worn over the last four years and am thinking of replacing it. Also want to replace the stickers on the AC controls, with something of better quality. The stickers that came from the factory are really sad.

BTW, I also installed the AC filter and after about 4-5 months of usage the AC started giving a hissing sound. I took it out myself and cleaned it up and now the sound is gone. But funily I found a whole lot of small leaves stuck to it. Now my question is what happens to these leaves when there is no filter...is tere some sort of mesh where it could be stuck as well?

Last edited by mav2000 : 18th October 2012 at 14:40.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:55   #688
Senior - BHPian

The brakes have been shuddering due to uneven disc wear. Since discs were not skimmed during front brake pad change, I wanted to get it done. I have late not had a chance to take care of cedia due to busy schedule. I called Raju and he picked my car up. The front discs were skimmed and new TRW pads were installed as he told me that the rear ones will last no more than 2-3k kms. In the evening, he returned my car back and the damage was 2000 including 1250 for rear pads, 350 for disc skimming and 400 his labour.

Also, I have started to get an engine oil light in bumper to bumper traffic when more of clutch and brake is used and also during heavy braking. I checked the oil level and it was fine; so, I suspected oil pressure switch going kaput and the same was confirmed by Raju.

I have inquired about the same with Asian Motors and they will get back to me with the price and availability.

Also, missed an august 2010 black outlander (new shape) with 42k kms on the clock. It belonged to the same gentleman from whom I bought the Cedia. I had asked his manager to call me when Mr. R wants to sell the car. He called me but I was in Dubai for over a month, so couldnt take his call and Mr R sold the car to a dealer.. Price..7.5 lacs ...So my trip costed another 2.5 lacs.. notionally

Quote:

No one called me so far. In fact I forgot to ask when I had gone for my clock spring replaced a few weeks ago.
Get it changed, the car has anyways done over 1 lac kms which is the recommended change interval for fuel pump assembly.

Quote:
Still have not understood why this is needed. Is it due to polluted air coming in? Or some smell or something else?
Its stops dust and any unwanted stuff to enter the car (via air suction duct) and block the evaporator coil/heater core. In my case, tiny leaves used to block the coil and the AC vents started throwing ICE vapours..

Quote:
Give me the part number. I will try and find out the cost of importing.
will get it once I go to Asian motors for service in December.

Quote:
Sad to hear that. Where do I stand with this development? I need to replace pads and a few things by December.
I will try source them for you whenever I go to karol bagh. As I said earlier, I am all messed up these days .

Quote:
The 'truck' looks good.
Thanks ... Truck.. Not Really..!

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th October 2012 at 12:04.
Old 29th October 2012, 16:38   #689
Senior - BHPian

Back from a trip of 1300+ KMs to Murudeshwar and Goa.
This was the first time that the Cedia was subject to such bad roads for long period of time (last 25 KM towards Murudeshwar, and another 15 or so in the interior diversion that we took and then 33 KM between Anmod and Khanpur).
Most of these stretches had no road -only stones. The suspension would have taken a lot of beating and the airfilter would have gone really dirty due to the dusty environment in some places.
My next service is in December and I really need to get the suspension checked this time.

Thankfully, there are no rattles/ squeaks after all this abuse. The tires seem fine (I was expecting a puncture in the jungles while going over stones).
Got a mileage of around 14, despite first gear driving and lot of braking.
At 120 kmph, the RPM is a little more than 3000 (perhaps 3200) in fifth gear. This seems a little higher. Maybe engine needs some special care? e.g. decarbonizing?

The HID + projector setup allows me to do night driving. Tested this on Saturday while returning back to Pune.
What works:
1. Good vision when there are no oncoming lights (e.g. when there are proper dividers with bushes in between. Drove at speeds upto 90 kmph comfortably and could still see/ avoid pot holes/ rough patches.

2. No glare on oncoming traffic.

3. Angel eyes get respect on the road (and off the road too). Lot of vehicles give way when they see the angel eyes in their RVM's.

What does not work:

1. Very poor visibility when there is oncoming light with high beam. I can not see a thing.

2. Black roads absorb all the light and visibility is reduced a bit.

Edit: Shocking moment: At one point, on a sharp U turn with a 30 deg. incline, I almost stopped to allow a minibus to overtake me. I thought the car will give a jerk considering the angle, but pressing the A pedal gently and we climbed the incline (I was anyway in first gear). This is just at the turning of Murudeshwar statue parking. I don't think many cars would be able to accomplish this without a noise.

Me and my wife were shocked to see the engine perform this way. More respect for the 2.0 lt.

Last edited by S_U_N : 29th October 2012 at 16:43.
Old 30th October 2012, 14:47   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Some of the parts in the Cedia are from well known manufacturers. I remember seeing something else as well which made me remember this.

Anyway, I have not got any call for fuel pump replacement and as long as its working I dont want to go ack to SVR and break my head with them. I have been thinking of finding another service center for my car, but so far I have been too lazy to figure it out. SVR really is the pits.

I keep thinking about buyig another car but few have managed to meet up to my expectations after driving the Cedia. Anyway lets see how it goes.

BTW, does the A*S keep spares like the gear know? When seems to have worn over the last four years and am thinking of replacing it. Also want to replace the stickers on the AC controls, with something of better quality. The stickers that came from the factory are really sad.

BTW, I also installed the AC filter and after about 4-5 months of usage the AC started giving a hissing sound. I took it out myself and cleaned it up and now the sound is gone. But funily I found a whole lot of small leaves stuck to it. Now my question is what happens to these leaves when there is no filter...is tere some sort of mesh where it could be stuck as well?

I got a call yesterday from SVR for fuel pump replacement. I am sending my car tommorrow to get it done. You might want to call them up and check.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed