Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 02:51   #736
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That being said if I could have obtained information on the alternators charging current output, I would surely have gone for a bigger battery provided of course the tray could accommodate it.

BTW if you do not mind sharing, what is your other amp and which components and subs are your amps powering up.
Thanks for so much of assurance Khoj. I have an Arc Audio Xdi804 amp, but I might upgrade to Genesis Profile 4 as people are letting it go for 15K. But then I am not sure how much my Arc Audio amp would fetch.

Actually the Battery Voltage reading on my 80PRS head unit, when the Engine is off, quickly goes below 12 volts (11.5 - 11.7volt area) which was troubling me. I guess I should rather check the Grounding of the HU as it might be giving wrong result.
Old 11th February 2013, 14:06   #737
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

What a question from my end just read your signature...

Quote:
BTW if you do not mind sharing, what is your other amp and which components and subs are your amps powering up.
Old 18th February 2013, 12:55   #738
BHPian

Quote:
What a question from my end just read your signature...
None of your fault Khoj! Actually I put that in my Signature only after you asked this question.

Waiting for the lean month to pass and some dis investment money to come by before I can finalize the Subwoofer...
Old 20th February 2013, 13:06   #739
Senior - BHPian

So time to correct my earlier post on the issue.

Now I dove back in to the junk pile in the store and found the half empty can of Wurth and the paper that came along with it. Reread the instructions thoroughly and it indeed is asking for the contents to be injected in to the drain pipe.

What I did by injecting in to the ac vent was to clean out the air ducts, as in I followed the instructions given on the cans of Sonax that I had been using earlier which are actually pumped in to the air vents. The Wurth is different as it cleans out the condensate pathway.

So the drain pipe is actually located at the bottom of the car. If you were to raise the vehicle up on a lift, this pipe is found just behind the engine block slightly to the right side of the gear box. If you keep your AC running during the lift, you cannot miss it as it will be discharging condensate water.

To access this from within the cabin the service centre in Bombay had removed the gear lever/hand brake console cover as reported in my earlier post. This is the point from where the rubber tubing (the other end of which is beneath the car chassis) is located/mounted on the metallic discharge pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can someone pls help me wih the exact loaction of AC drain pipe in Cedia? I'm trying to find out but unable to locate, I wanted to use AC disinfect from Wurth which states that pout the can from the ac drainage pipe.
Old 24th February 2013, 22:20   #740
Senior - BHPian

Got brake pads from outside market. I am not sure if they are genuine though I have no reason to doubt as well. Buying from the shop for the first time.

What do you guys think?
Front pads - 4 pieces. There are two clips which are separate.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_223940.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_223946.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224032.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224145.jpg

Rear pads have clips attached/ fixed.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224239.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224302.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224318.jpg

The pads for rear wheels are very small. Why so?

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20130223_224347.jpg
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 13:35   #741
BHPian

Wooof!! How much you paid for them ?

I got my pads replaced some 4 months back and got facing done for the Disc too from a local garage. That guy insisted that Rs 1500 front pads are good enough (from some OEM brand which other parts in the car).... but the result was awful - I am getting continuous screech even when I apply gentle break to slow down. And it does not get away even after warm up.
What next ?? Haggling with local guy for the Rs 1500 ? Or over pay Mitsu ASS for the so called OEM pads (5700+ tax) ?? I simply ordered EBC Greenstuff Pads from as US store and got it shipped to one of my friend coming next week. Our old Cedia (pre 2008) are sold as 2002-2005 Lancer OZ Rally. These pads are meant for them. Hope they fit!

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3070A0A0.aspx
Old 24th March 2013, 16:25   #742
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaurav, some time back you were looking for a Cedia for your friend or was it a cousin. In that regard, I am posting this link here (unknown to the owner) as I know Rishi personally and am aware of the care he lavishes on his vehicles. So if anyone in your circle is looking out for a Cedia this example is the best that may be out there at this time. BTW this is not his first Mitsubishi and he has owned a Lancer Invecs previously and has an Outlander in his garage in addition to various other makes.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...hi/Cedia.html/

Request to members to not post any comments on pricing etc on this thread. This may be taken up directly with Rishi, who by the way has stated his position on this front very clearly.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:27   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gaurav, some time back you were looking for a Cedia for your friend or was it a cousin. In that regard, I am posting this link here (unknown to the owner) as I know Rishi personally and am aware of the care he lavishes on his vehicles. So if anyone in your circle is looking out for a Cedia this example is the best that may be out there at this time. BTW this is not his first Mitsubishi and he has owned a Lancer Invecs previously and has an Outlander in his garage in addition to various other makes.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...hi/Cedia.html/
Thanks Sir. Yes, my cousin was looking for a ride. He found a civic VAT. He is loving it. For the link above, looks like either the listing has been withdrawn or there is some problem, unable to see it. I know about Rishi Sir, have had a little interation with him on the PM couple of years back. I know about his mitsui love and about his 3 that he got last year. My cousin will be interested in the outlander, if we get a bargain .
Old 1st April 2013, 10:02   #744
Senior - BHPian

I am back from a 700 km roundtrip.

Last two fill ups have given me a mileage of 12.95 and 13.88 kmpl. This is with 4 adults, 2 kids and a boot filled with weekend luggage. Mostly driven in the hills.
Also, some city runs, but perhaps less than 20%. Not bad.

A good thing about the car is 4th gear acceleration from 60 to 100. Most cars cannot catch up. Very useful, when you have a bunch of cars trying to cut across and you would like to just get out from there.

It is time for me to get brake pads replaced - long overdue, I guess. Perhaps the discs also need to be inspected. I have a feeling that getting this done from outside will be more effective and cheaper too.

Other than that, the heater core cleaning is the next major activity which has been long overdue.

I am not sure if I should go with a clutch replacement or not immediately, since I don't face any issues as such.

I also heard a slight ringing sound on cold start while I tried to reverse the car while turning the steering completely on the left. This came twice. No sound while turning the steering on the right.
Old 1st April 2013, 18:50   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

Last two fill ups have given me a mileage of 12.95 and 13.88 kmpl. This is with 4 adults, 2 kids and a boot filled with weekend luggage. Mostly driven in the hills.

A good thing about the car is 4th gear acceleration from 60 to 100. Most cars cannot catch up. Very useful, when you have a bunch of cars trying to cut across and you would like to just get out from there.

It is time for me to get brake pads replaced - long overdue, I guess. Perhaps the discs also need to be inspected. I have a feeling that getting this done from outside will be more effective and cheaper too.

Other than that, the heater core cleaning is the next major activity which has been long overdue.

I am not sure if I should go with a clutch replacement or not immediately, since I don't face any issues as such.

I also heard a slight ringing sound on cold start while I tried to reverse the car while turning the steering completely on the left. This came twice. No sound while turning the steering on the right.
Wow ... i never seem to get more than 11-12 on highway trips :( Heavy right foot i guess.
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:36   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Our Cedia is running on Shell full Syn.
Found original delphi oil filters which fit on the cedia for Rs 80 vs 1,300 - 1,500 for the ones from mitsu.
On my last tank full I got a FE of 10 in the city! with heavy b-b traffic! this is more than what our petrol figo gives us

Regarding the brake pads here I have seen some ceramic pads for 1,900 for the front and 1,700 for the rear. I do not know how good or bad these aftermarket pads are. They imported from thailand.
Still on the original pads and they should last me another 10,000KM before I get these.

Next on the To do list -
Change gear box oil and clean the AC vents.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 2nd April 2013 at 00:38.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:48   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Found original delphi oil filters which fit on the cedia for Rs 80 vs 1,300 - 1,500 for the ones from mitsu.
The oil filter costs around Rs. 400 or so as far as I can remember.
I will check the history and the the manual in a day or two. A little busy these days.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:15   #748
BHPian

Quote:
This thread is almost dead for 20 days now.
Let me put up something.
Attachment 977290
Attachment 977291
Hey S_U_N I had been looking for angel eyes + DRLs + HID kit for my Cedia for a long time. Did you do a DIY job, or is that an angel eyes kit? And, how much did it cost; can you also tell me from where did you get it?
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:18   #749
Senior - BHPian

^I got the projectors + angel eyes from China. Basically a friend of mine ordered three sets and we shared the costs.
The installation was done by an accessories guy who is experienced with this. I do not consider it to be a DIY job at least for the first time.

The approximate costs are about 13-15K including installation.

Since we had three sets, we were not charged heavily for customs, so effective cost came down.

I can drive at speeds around 80 in the night on highways, of course on known roads.
With oncoming high beams, I cannot see anything at all. During rains, it is probably worse.
The good part is that I am not blinding oncoming traffic, which was problem with my earlier reflector+ halogen setup.
So, my setup is not perfect, but I am quite satisfied for the money that I have spent.
Old 5th April 2013, 02:02   #750
BHPian

Hey SUN, thanks and sorry I didn't see your last reply; can you possibly give me a link to that site, in case you had ordered online?

So you mean you can't really do the night driving with ease? :(

Hmm then I guess I'll have to think twice, because I do a lot of night driving as well

Last edited by OmThoke : 5th April 2013 at 02:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks