Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 07:22   #751
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

^Well, I can do night driving - infact now it is easier, earlier it was much more difficult due to incorrect alignment which no one was able to fix (I was using 90/100 halogen bulbs).
For oncoming glare, even stock halogen setup does not help. I have driven a brand new Wagon R out of the showroom late evening and even within city I was blinded by oncoming glare.

For the source, go to alibaba.com and pick the product that you like. I would not recommend AES company since the product has quality issues with the projectors.
Try KTautoparts as well. They are a bit more expensive, but forum members are more satisfied.
Old 11th April 2013, 13:48   #752
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Helo CEDIA experts here!

Please let me know how much a DIM / BRIGHT switch would cost in a CEDIA. Mine has gone kaput, in that the DIM switch is not functioning anymore and then MITSU service center is nomore in my town and the nearest is atleast 250KMs away. The local electrician says that he can do it, but I wonder what would happen to the AIRBAG assembly if he meddles with the setting without much knowledge. Is it too risky a thing as I deem it to be or just so simple. The fuses are all seemingly OK though and I guess only the switch is malfunctioning here.

There is a mild knocking when the vehicle is moving during the day time-especially when the vehicle is moving from 1st gear to 2nd gear and sometimes the pick up is totally dead. The vehicle jerks and takes much time to touch 100KMPH. Mileage is still around 10KMPL and there are no red ENGINE lights on yet in the display. After much googling I wonder if it would be a O2 sensor issue. Please check the following links on youtube. The engine bay seen here is exactly like our CEDIA

I've tried the DIY on the IAC valve, cleaned it; also the MAF sensor was cleaned with IPA solution. However I'm amazed at the comments doing their rounds about the efficiency of CRC MAF Sensor cleaner. With the limited DIY, the knocking has come down a bit, but I guess my mind would be satisfied if the O2 sensors too are checked

Could someone please let me know if a DENSO O2 sensor (upstream and DOWNSTREAM) change fix this problem. If so how much would a pair cost.

Please share if you have any idea on the part numbers of the Switch, IAC valve and the O2 sensors in CEDIA.

Has someone ever tried the CRC MAF Sensor cleaner on their cars yet? Please let me know how to source one.( as Amazon and ebay UK are not so clear on their shipment to India as its a highly inflammable aerosol)
Old 26th May 2013, 01:07   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Helo CEDIAnot so clear on their shipment to India as its a highly inflammable aerosol)
I have been experimenting on my car over the last few weeks. Learned a few things on how this car works,
The DIM / BRIGHT switch ? Are we talking about the control that dims the console lights?
If this is the one then the wiring must have got lost behind the knob. Easy job once you open up the bottom part of the dash board.

If the circuit is burned or damaged post back I will tell you how you can replace this.

IF you are in Bangalore then the O2 sensor is about 900, 1000Rs . (this is not from the A.s.s)
But I doubt replacing this will solve the knocking.
How many KM has your car done?
Old 26th May 2013, 16:15   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I have been experimenting on my car over the last few weeks. Learned a few things on how this car works,
The DIM / BRIGHT switch ? Are we talking about the control that dims the console lights?
Hey Captain!
I own a 2007 Cedia Sports and living in South Bangalore.
I have done some cosmetic mods like HID Projectors, Alloy Pedals, OBD etc and love to know if you are exploring something new. I was wondering how can I PM you my mail id.

ujjwal
Old 26th May 2013, 19:08   #755
BHPian

I'm on a short visit to Chennai. Found last night that my left head lamp is not working. Parking light and high beam work fine - using the fogs in the city for now. Have to drive a long distance to the only service center here (in Adyar).

I'm not carrying the spare bulbs (came with the car). Ironically I did try looking for them before the trip for the first time in all these years. Any suggestions on which bulb or where I can fix them in Chennai (close to Ayanavaram if possible)?

How much do the orignal ones cost? The wattage?
Old 26th May 2013, 19:36   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I'm on a short visit to Chennai. Found last night that my left head lamp is not working. Parking light and high beam work fine - using the fogs in the city for now. Have to drive a long distance to the only service center here (in Adyar).

I'm not carrying the spare bulbs (came with the car). Ironically I did try looking for them before the trip for the first time in all these years. Any suggestions on which bulb or where I can fix them in Chennai (close to Ayanavaram if possible)?

How much do the orignal ones cost? The wattage?
The bulb is fused. Pretty easy you can change the bulb yourself. the cedia uses h4 55/60 bulbs. You can get them at any automobile shop. Just get any branded h4 bubls. If you ca not change it then go to any local mech and ask him to change it for you. Its hardly a 5 mins job. Bulbs shouldn't cost more than 150 rs.

ujjwaana
I will pm you.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 20:32   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana View Post
Hey Captain!
I own a 2007 Cedia Sports and living in South Bangalore.
I have done some cosmetic mods like HID Projectors, Alloy Pedals, OBD etc and love to know if you are exploring something new. I was wondering how can I PM you my mail id.

ujjwal
Also, look for a K&N typhoon in first place. I may get it next year. Since, the car is these days driven by my brother and uncle, I postponed it.

I am planning to get a used evo steering wheel here from UK. Following ebay for any good deals, should get one for around 150-200 pounds in good condition.

Also, I am looking at these TEIN replacement springs for the car but the shipping is steep. May ask my cousin to get it from US in November-December.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-S-TECH-...282aae&vxp=mtr

@CBlazer:- don't even check at ASC, the bulb cost was 1400, 2 years back, it will be trough the roof now. As Captain Slow said, get any H4 55/60 bulb.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th May 2013 at 20:35.
Old 26th May 2013, 22:26   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am planning to get a used evo steering wheel here from UK. Following ebay for any good deals, should get one for around 150-200 pounds in good condition.
With airbag assembly etc, is that a good idea to get an 'used' steering ? Not sure if that's an easy fit job either ...
Old 26th May 2013, 23:07   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, I am looking at these TEIN replacement springs for the car but the shipping is steep. May ask my cousin to get it from US in November-December.
Are you certain that if and when you come back from the UK, you will continue to like the Cedia? :P
I think redrooster website has the replacement springs.
Old 26th May 2013, 23:52   #760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
With airbag assembly etc, is that a good idea to get an 'used' steering ? Not sure if that's an easy fit job either ...
I understand where you are coming from. Even my cousin said the same thing. But I am looking at a non-front accidental donor vehicle from which I can source the complete wheel including the airbag. I am only concerned that the airbag should not be faulty. Apart from that fitting is not a problem at all. Pretty easy for anyone who knows cars, especially those with Airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Are you certain that if and when you come back from the UK, you will continue to like the Cedia? :P
I think redrooster website has the replacement springs.
Well, I will always like this car. Its not going anywhere. I am in no mood to change the car for next few years at least. Although, I may buy a civic AT next year and install CNG if my daily running, which I believe, will be more than 80-100kms every day. Though before that I will try and see if CNG can work in Polo. If I get a positive review, I will get CNG in polo and will get an outlander for mum and dad.

And as far as coming back from UK is concerned, I have been fortunate to have driven better cars in India (Evoque, 530D, CLS 350, A7, XJ, XFRS and a small ride of EVO) than I will here, so that's ok. And then I should not forget where I started from, the sweet little 800. And yes, I am definitely coming back..

Regarding red roosters, I am not sure if they do only springs. They do complete strut/spring assembly, even the basic cost of which is over 70k (if I remember right).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th May 2013 at 23:58.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:07   #761
BHPian

Quote:
@CBlazer:- don't even check at ASC, the bulb cost was 1400, 2 years back, it will be trough the roof now. As Captain Slow said, get any H4 55/60 bulb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Pretty easy you can change the bulb yourself. the cedia uses h4 55/60 bulbs. You can get them at any automobile shop. Just get any branded h4 bubls.
Thanks folks! I'll get them done locally. Would love to fix them myself if possible.
Old 27th May 2013, 15:34   #762
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav, What & how much of a difference would the K&N kit make to the Cedia.

The Tien kit from the link below does not fit our vehicles per the compatibility tool given on the page. Is there another alternate..

The OE bulbs in the Cedia are Philips crystal visions made in Germany. Trust 1400 is for a pair, because @ 1400 a pop it will be daylight robbery.

Quote:
Also, look for a K&N typhoon in first place. I may get it next year. Since, the car is these days driven by my brother and uncle, I postponed it.

Old 27th May 2013, 18:25   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
What & how much of a difference would the K&N kit make to the Cedia.
Sir, in terms of power output, I do not expect anything over 3-4 BHP gain max at wheels.

However, the sound of a 69 SERIES is incredible. I have driven Bhpian Ace355's civic and the sound at 3k rpm is to die for. The throttle response too is much better than the stock car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-Typhoon-...7bb1d3&vxp=mtr

In btw: we do get deals with free shipping even to India. I remember in feb, there was a deal for US$210 and free shipping.

Quote:
The Tien kit from the link below does not fit our vehicles per the compatibility tool given on the page. Is there another alternate..
That's my bad. Actually there are two sets of springs, one is the SKR06-AUB00 for the lancer ES from 02-05

And the other is the SKR66-AUB00 for lancer ES 06-07 and 02-07 OZ rally and 04-07 ralliart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-S-TECH-...e2e07c&vxp=mtr

I believe the ones that go on cedia are SKR66-AUB00.But I have still asked my cousin to get the OE part number of the struts so that I can confirm that its the same as the ES 06-07 and not ES 02-05.

Quote:
The OE bulbs in the Cedia are Philips crystal visions made in Germany. Trust 1400 is for a pair, because @ 1400 a pop it will be daylight robbery.
Thanks for the information Sir, I didn't know that. I know they are very reliable, but may be you can throw some more light on its advantages VS average H4 55/60 Bulbs. My car's right one is now nearly 5 and a half year old. But the left one went kaput a few years back and since then I got normal Orsams for some Rs70-80, if I remember right.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th May 2013 at 18:35.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:03   #764
BHPian

Quote:
I got them replaced locally with Hellas. Cost me 350/- for a pair - was told they must be replaced in pairs.

The OE bulbs were Phillips. Not sure if they were Crystal visions. Aren't those supposed to be "white light" emitting?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...headlamps.html

Last edited by CBlazer : 27th May 2013 at 22:09.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:17   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

the Cedia doesn't come with Philips crystal visions.
They are Philips but these are not crystal visions. I have upgraded from the stock Philips bulbs to crystal visions.
Philips CVs produce white light 4300K while the stock bulbs are at 3300-3500K.

Trust me the stock airfilter is the best.

I have tried K&N in other cars. Yes it does suck is a hell lot of air but along with the air it also sucks in dust,

My Cedia came with a momo steering

On an unrelated note - Most of the front and rear suspension on the cedia are made in Italy from what I was told. The stock suspension should easily last upto 1Lakh KM.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks