Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 16:45   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

The snaps in the post below show the nomads quite well
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3150271

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Will search for some real pictures of how this looks inside a car. Somehow I cannot still visualize this clear enough.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 22:29   #797
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

So, finally I decided on this cabin air filter.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Someone will get this for me next month from US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The part on both sites will fit. You may want to pick the one @ and save unless you get two with free shipping from Amazon.
Quote:
Why don't you peel one back and if the OE covers are found to be in good nick, it would be worthwhile to have the same cleaned up and used as is. For me nothing can come close to the quality of the factory covers be it cloth or something else.
I will have to check what is inside the covers. I don't think the seats have any cover inside, but I will still check.

Quote:
The snaps in the post below show the nomads quite well
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3150271
Thank you for this link. I will discuss the mats there.
Old 25th June 2013, 19:32   #798
Senior - BHPian

A friend has lots of new and used parts for sale for the cedia. The list of new items and prices are -

1). New Clear glass sports tail lamps left and right DEPO - 6,000 for the pair
2). New Rear engine mounting - 2,200
3). New RH front fendor - 3,500
4). New front fendor indicator light - 500
5). New Air filter - 500

There are lots of used parts in good condition should get the list and prices by the night, will put them up here incase anyone wants them since cedia parts are really really expensive and difficult to source outside.

Regards

Indrojit Sircar
email-indrojit.sircar@gmail.com
IndrojitSircar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 14:33   #799
BHPian

Guess you guys have seen this already.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ues-cedia.html
Old 16th July 2013, 14:54   #800
Senior - BHPian

Got the cabin air filter from someone coming from US.
It does not come with any screws and the documentation talks about using screws to fit it. So I have to figure this out with someone more competent.

Still pending: 3M Nomad mats and seat covers. I have become lazy at the moment.
Old 17th July 2013, 16:23   #801
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Got the filter installed some time back. Getting the glove box off was the only tricky part for me. But now that I know it, next time should be easier.

Wiped off the blower area with a cloth and installed the filter with air flow direction pointing downwards. The filter needed two screws and I spent some time finding the right ones from my collection.
I have a 500 km trip coming up after two days. I am not sure if I would notice any difference that this filter makes to the cooling or the quality of air we breathe.
Old 13th August 2013, 16:44   #802
Senior - BHPian

After reading about Alto's score in the NCAP ratings (another thread), I decided to check what rating our Cedia got back in 2006.

I found this link
http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shop...vehicleId=1769

Overall, the side impact score is very poor, but the front impact score is fine.

I think the car is very much the same as we have here in India.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 00:53   #803
Senior - BHPian

It is, except that it is LHD. So then maybe we are safer as their passenger side becomes our driver side

Quote:
I think the car is very much the same as we have here in India.
Old 15th August 2013, 14:11   #804
Senior - BHPian

I think the rating is low because there are no curtain bags.
The impact on either side of the car should result in similar damages I guess, unless they expect that someone will T-bone only from the side that they have tested in those tests.
So, I am guessing both sides would have the same impact absorbing beams and sheet metal thickness.
Old 6th October 2013, 21:11   #805
Senior - BHPian

Its been a long time having written here. I hope everyone is doing well. Havent heard from any one including Khoj sir, mandheers or Sun..

I have been keeping quite busy, although I did come to India for 5 week long holidays, but then you know how holidays are.

The cedia is being used mostly by my uncle and my brother. Most of the drives are inter city almost throughout the day. I came to India in end of july for 5 weeks and that time just flew. I noticed quite a few things with the car that needs to be addressed but I didn't bother as I knew the car will get back in the same condition by the time I go back to India for good in Feb next year.

Regarding the condition, the car was 1.08 lac kms driven by end of July. As of today it would stand around 1.14 lac kms or so. The exteriors were dull and full of scratches and the bumpers need paint job. The interiors were a little rough too, with driver seat stitching and gear knob stitching coming off. The driver side tweeter had come off and the same goes for clutch ralliart pedal. Did I fix anything.. NO.

I just got the servicing done at 1.08 lac kms (14k since the last service). Castrol EDGE definitely lasted fine for 14k kms as the car is very sedately driven. The 1.1 lac service included change of engine oil, oil filter and air filter. The Castrol edge has gone expensive and costed Rs.2800 (MRP gone up from 3700 or so to Rs.4400/-, if I remember correct). The rear shocks are on their way. With my driving, the car was mostly floating from the rear.

However, I drove Polo for most of the time (well sort of, I don't have words for this unreliable German Junk http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3252813)

In between, we had a lovely guys trip to Chandigarh in the Evoque and a pleasing family trip to Agra in the Evoque and Cedia. The cedia certainly is understated. It kept all the way up with Evoque even on the wrong side of Double ton. And this was with me, my uncle and my brother in law driving the Cedia on Yamuna Expressway. Sitting in rear of cedia with almost kaput rear shocks was still not bad. We could feel major humps but nothing I would complain of. The new Evoque though was Mesmerizing. Covered the 160 kms expressway in about 58 mins including toll. This was on 15th August. The FE with this driving and 4 people with luggage came to 10km/L, which again is not bad.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0001.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0003.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0004.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0005.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0006.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0007.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20130818wa0008.jpg

The car will be around 1.25 lac driven by the time I get back and will be due for tyre change too. I plan to get the rear shocks replaced if I get the Tein Springs from US. Else, I will go for manual setting TEIN shocks/coiloversmay be from red roosters, which may be around 80k or so.

I may upgrade to 16" but that is if budget permits. But suspension is definitely something I want to address the first. The hard and lifted front end with soft and bulgy rear leads to pathetic handling and very vague steering response.

Rest, complete interior and exterior detailing is also very much needed. Will need a budget of about 1-1.5 lacs overall, that may also include some audio upgrade.. And yes for a car that today values about 1.5 lac in market..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 6th October 2013 at 21:16.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 16:47   #806
Senior - BHPian

@Gaurav: Good to see this thread back to life. Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to 1 lac KM now.
It seems that your Cedia will surpass my Cedia's odo very soon. I have not used my car much, but have a long trip planned in November.

Meanwhile, the passenger side door lock has developed some problem.
I will try and upload a video here, but basically, the chrome part which can be used to lock the door from inside has somehow lost the spring loaded action that it should have. I can still lock the door from the driver side central locking but that part does not go back to the locked position.

Question is how do you open up that lock?

Video link: http://temp-share.com/show/FHK49o606
Old 8th October 2013, 17:30   #807
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaurav, good to hear from you. I was expecting your call/text in August to discuss regarding the OZ alloys et all but then as you said we know how holidays are Anyhoo do pm your email id so we can continue there. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I have been keeping quite busy, although I did come to India for 5 week long holidays, but then you know how holidays are.

Old 10th October 2013, 22:11   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps the title of the thread should be changed to 1 lac KM now.
Sure!

Quote:
It seems that your Cedia will surpass my Cedia's odo very soon. I have not used my car much, but have a long trip planned in November.
Ya, the Cedia should have over 1.25 lac kms by feb/march next year.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the passenger side door lock has developed some problem.
I will try and upload a video here, but basically, the chrome part which can be used to lock the door from inside has somehow lost the spring loaded action that it should have. I can still lock the door from the driver side central locking but that part does not go back to the locked position.
Question is how do you open up that lock?
I believe if you go to a good local denter, he should be able to open the door for you.

Quote:
Hi Gaurav, good to hear from you.
Same here Sir, great to hear from you too.

Quote:
I was expecting your call/text in August to discuss regarding the OZ alloys et all but then as you said we know how holidays are Anyhoo do pm your email id so we can continue there. Ciao
I am Guilty . Agreed! I wanted to call, but got soo tired with going to different places and meeting friends and family in the first half of august and in the second half - had a personal commitment that kept me busy. And the remaining few days got tortured by Polo, as I didn't have cedia with me for most of the time.

Just going to PM you my email id. We will continue to talk for sure .

In btw, I hope both the beasts in your garage are doing well.
Old 10th October 2013, 23:05   #809
Senior - BHPian

Got the pm thanks. The beasts battle on, this last fortnight has been all about 'KAR' seva. Took the Jet for it's second service followed by the Swift going to MSM for some denting, painting and service. Taking the Cedia to Excel tomorrow for it's annual, so all in all busy busy. Will catch up with you over the weekend. Ciao

Quote:
Just going to PM you my email id. We will continue to talk for sure .

In btw, I hope both the beasts in your garage are doing well.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 11:44   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe if you go to a good local denter, he should be able to open the door for you.
I was researching a bit about opening the door handle from inside, and came across this video.

So, there is a clip that is removed using a blade and then the screw inside is removed. Now, I don't know if the clip which was sort-of broken during removal can be fitted back or not.
I will look around for some more videos and then decide if this is indeed a DIY for me or not.

Edit: Found a better video:

I think the problem would be that the two cables which are inside the door are not doing their job properly.

Last edited by S_U_N : 15th October 2013 at 11:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks