Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 09:53   #826
BHPian

Hey sun, can you give me an idea of how to choose the right car on the site you mentioned? Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:41   #827
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey sun, can you give me an idea of how to choose the right car on the site you mentioned? Thanks
Just order for Mitsubishi MR583930 on that site.

I had also put the following information.
Maker: Mitsubishi
Model: Lancer Cedia
Production year: 2006
Frame number prefix: 0
Frame number or VIN: MA700CS6XXXXXXXXX
MODEL from vehicle plate:
Transmission type: MT
Steering wheel: right side

I had paid $148.30, but then rupee was much stronger back then (14 months ago.)
Old 28th November 2013, 19:31   #828
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Ohh. thats sad news for sure. I will then need to get the springs only. Lets see.

Thats nuts, 41k for rear windscreen. I lately heard the price of axle was 65k.
Do let me know if you are getting new springs for your ride-i am planning to change mine too, but this time i am thinking of a stiffer set up!

The prices of spares are going north! Hopefully i can hold on to the car for some more time!!
Old 28th November 2013, 22:34   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Do let me know if you are getting new springs for your ride-i am planning to change mine too, but this time i am thinking of a stiffer set up!

The prices of spares are going north! Hopefully i can hold on to the car for some more time!!
I was actually planning to get TEIN Basic for my CEDIA. I guess RRP stopped stocking stuff for CEDIA after they pulled back from K1000.

If at least 3-4 are there looking for TEIN, we can try approaching RRP for a deal!
Old 29th November 2013, 22:52   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I was actually planning to get TEIN Basic for my CEDIA. I guess RRP stopped stocking stuff for CEDIA after they pulled back from K1000.

If at least 3-4 are there looking for TEIN, we can try approaching RRP for a deal!
Count me in for sure! In fact the last correspondence with them, they told me i have to pay extra as they will be getting it exclusively for me. But there were no further replies to my mails as to how much the approximate cost will be.

The reason they gave me for stopping TEIN for cedia was because it was no longer in production.
Old 7th December 2013, 09:58   #831
BHPian

Had been to RRP lasd week. Here are my findings,

- They have stopped stocking TEIN for CEDIA. The last piece they had was sold couple of months back.

- Only Super Street was available for CEDIA and used to cost approximately 95000.

- TEIN are custom made for specific car models and each batch has to be a minimum of 20 units to keep the production cost in control.

- One off order can be placed, but will cost 100% premium. In this case, it will be approximately Rs 2L for CEDIA.

- RRP can place order for 10 units if I can find 5 customers from this forum. This will cost 30% premium or 1.3L for CEDIA (including installation).

- Once I have 5 customers, 50% advance has to be paid and the order/shipping will take 20-30 from the date of payment. Balance payment after installation.

Now will we find 5 customers on this forum, probably not. So I think we have to put this idea to rest unless someone wants to pay 2L.
Old 7th December 2013, 15:58   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
One of the guys talked about some "fins" which can get damaged if you try to use some pressure wash from outside, without removing the coil.
Thats true but it doesnot mean it cant be done. Most of the AC guys in Delhi will not remove the dash to service the cooling coil. Dash is normally opened if there is a problem with the coil.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
- Once I have 5 customers, 50% advance has to be paid and the order/shipping will take 20-30 from the date of payment. Balance payment after installation.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tein-02-07-M...e78104&vxp=mtr

I am most interested in buying these with new stock suspension. I will get the front suspension changed along with rear shock and add these springs.

There is no way I am paying 1.3lac for that, especially when the value of my car is about 1.5 lac in delhi today .

If more of us buy it, the shipping cost can come down. I think I will get it in march-april..Period!
Old 8th December 2013, 00:05   #833
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gaurav, why would you want to change the entire suspension. Is it simply 'cause it's worn and will not work well with the Tien springs or some other reason ?

In the description for the springs, per the info one can have a lowering in excess of 1" front and back. The thing is that in my vehicle the gap itself is no more than say 2" infact maybe an inch only. With lower springs won't the tires foul with the fenders ?

I am more interested in getting a set of 16" alloys and upsizing the tires to 205/55R16 but am not able to make much headway with the 4 x 114.3 pcd @ 40/42 offset. The Momo Corse fit the bill but the local dealer is not interested in importing a single set and wants volumes.
http://www.momo.it/en/road-wheels/ro...rse-black.html
I am looking for the ones in Anthracite colour. Do keep an eye out for these and let me know if you manage to spot them.

Anyhow will look forward to your reply on the Tiens. These could be brought in via air freight @ $3 per kg. Will need clearance and duty but that is very simple to do now a days.

Quote:
I am most interested in buying these with new stock suspension. I will get the front suspension changed along with rear shock and add these springs.

There is no way I am paying 1.3lac for that, especially when the value of my car is about 1.5 lac in delhi today .

If more of us buy it, the shipping cost can come down. I think I will get it in march-april..Period!
Old 8th December 2013, 00:57   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi Gaurav, why would you want to change the entire suspension. Is it simply 'cause it's worn and will not work well with the Tien springs or some other reason ?
Exactly Sir, my cedia's rear shocks are already on their way. The front suspension should have over 50k on them by the time I do this swap. So, even if the front shocks would be fine, the arms would definitely be in a position to be changed. So I would prefer to change all of it at once.

Quote:
In the description for the springs, per the info one can have a lowering in excess of 1" front and back. The thing is that in my vehicle the gap itself is no more than say 2" infact maybe an inch only. With lower springs won't the tires foul with the fenders ?
Actually, this should be the right fit. Bear in mind that our cars are lifted compared to stock US lancer. And these are to lower the stock US lancer. So, I think the lowering on our car would be over 1.5 in front. I am not sure about your car, depends on the condition of the suspension but a cedia with new suspension has over 2 inch of gap up front and under 1.5 at rear. So the car would be really LOWERED.

Quote:
I am more interested in getting a set of 16" alloys and upsizing the tires to 205/55R16 but am not able to make much headway with the 4 x 114.3 pcd @ 40/42 offset. The Momo Corse fit the bill but the local dealer is not interested in importing a single set and wants volumes.
http://www.momo.it/en/road-wheels/ro...rse-black.html

I am looking for the ones in Anthracite colour. Do keep an eye out for these and let me know if you manage to spot them.
Will do. Let me see if I can find these here. My friend sent some househhold stuf to India and it costed him £3.5/kg. I am not sure if these will attract duty if I send them individually.

Also, 205/55/16 will foul with these springs. I think 205/50 would be fine.

In fact I also plan to get my car similar to this. So, will source alloys from India, may be HRS or some other (I need this design only) and get them painted. But I am keen on this design. 16" or even 17" depending on availability and price and thats not only for alloys but of tires too.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-1462975_10152032084524583_1774382727_n.jpg

Quote:
Anyhow will look forward to your reply on the Tiens. These could be brought in via air freight @ $3 per kg. Will need clearance and duty but that is very simple to do now a days.
Oh really. if you know how to get these, i am in for sure. its about 9 kg, so $27 plus around 40% duty should be around £110. In btw: if we get directly from ebay and pay $140 for shipping, is there additional duty on it?

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 8th December 2013 at 01:02.
Old 8th December 2013, 17:25   #835
Senior - BHPian

Given the condition of the roads here, why don't we get the stock US springs rather than going even lower than them. I am sure Tien would have those too.

On the tire front I took another look and think 215/50R16 would be better though only marginally, the 205/50 would be very harsh to ride upon. Speedo error will be 1% and -0.5% respectively, so both are within limits.

One can get the alloys in India too but only with multi pcd design which will have the 4 extra holes for the other pcd and I cannot stand the extra holes. So only a single pcd design is a must. So if the same is available here I can compromise on the design and make as colour can be changed and for me the functionality of driving with 16" wheels is primary.

My bad on the freight, it is $3 per pound or lbs, so $6 per Kg. Customs duty will be a total of 35% along with all the surcharges and special duties etc. So if we have a C&F (cost & freight) of say $99 add 1% for insurance and then on the $100 you will have 35% duty and on the resulting 135 another 5-6% for custom clearance and associated charges will be applicable.

Quote:
Actually, this should be the right fit. Bear in mind that our cars are lifted compared to stock US lancer. And these are to lower the stock US lancer. So, I think the lowering on our car would be over 1.5 in front. I am not sure about your car, depends on the condition of the suspension but a cedia with new suspension has over 2 inch of gap up front and under 1.5 at rear. So the car would be really LOWERED.

Will do. Let me see if I can find these here. My friend sent some househhold stuff to India and it costed him £3.5/kg. I am not sure if these will attract duty if I send them individually.

Also, 205/55/16 will foul with these springs. I think 205/50 would be fine.

In fact I also plan to get my car similar to this. So, will source alloys from India, may be HRS or some other (I need this design only) and get them painted. But I am keen on this design. 16" or even 17" depending on availability and price and thats not only for alloys but of tires too.

Attachment 1175747

Oh really. if you know how to get these, i am in for sure. its about 9 kg, so $27 plus around 40% duty should be around £110. In btw: if we get directly from ebay and pay $140 for shipping, is there additional duty on it?
Old 9th December 2013, 12:30   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats true but it doesnot mean it cant be done. Most of the AC guys in Delhi will not remove the dash to service the cooling coil. Dash is normally opened if there is a problem with the coil.
I think I will have to bite the bullet and get the whole thing done at the A.S.S. this week.
Yesterday, there was very foul smell when the AC would be switched on. It was like a dead lizard in somewhere, more so from the left most went.
I hope the cabin air filter that I installed a few months ago is not interfering.
The cooling was perfectly fine though.

Quote:

Just FYI. ShopandShip.com has a rate of $146 for shipping 9 KGs from US or UK to India. Customs are extra (say around 35-40%). You can buy from Amazon or somewhere in US and ship it to their US address and then they will forward the package to India.

Anything heavy is always expensive to bring in, unless brought via sea.
Old 10th December 2013, 20:27   #837
BHPian

Quote:

I want to replace my rear windshield as the defogger went kaput (thanks to the accessory shop guys removing the sun film and damaging the defogger in the process) The service center is quoting a whopping 41,000 bucks, including the fitting! Can anyone help me out-is there any other place to get it at a cheaper rate?
I went to a private automotive glass dealer and he showed me a rear windshield with defogger (not OEM though) which is for the Cedia. The total price he quoted including labour costs is only 7.5k!! The service center is charging almost 6 times more!

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tein-02-07-M...e78104&vxp=mtr

Will the ground clearance be affected with these? I do not want that to happen as i am very happy with the Cedia's high ground clearance!
Old 12th December 2013, 11:29   #838
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows of any options for brake discs and pads for the Cedia? I'm okay with importing just want a reliable seller. The current ones on my car are on their last legs and there's a bit of shuddering when braking from high speeds. Skimming the discs did not help - I believe they are slightly warped. SVR wants 11500+tax for each disc which is just ridiculous for stock brake discs imho.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 12th December 2013 at 11:30.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:57   #839
Senior - BHPian

No idea about the disc costs, but for brake pads, I had posted something earlier.

I have only replaced the front ones so far (that too, preventive since it was 40K on those pads already). The rear ones were inspected and not changed since there was life left in them. So the rear ones are kept for future use.
Old 12th December 2013, 12:08   #840
Senior - BHPian

Pads are cheap enough to not be a concern. It is the discs that are a problem. I'm in no mood to spend 40-50k for a set of brake discs. Seems a pretty illogical price to me.

Most Viewed