Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 23:47   #856
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Took the Blue Streak for a routine service, came back with a service report recommending lower arm change as the bush on both sides have started to crack. With one arm costing 14K++ I too will scour the web for cheaper options. Request you guys to point me towards those that you are aware of.

Which site is this from S_U_N ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Just got the quote: The door lock will cost me about $34 with shipping from Japan to India.

Quote:
gaurav_chopra04
any leads/ideas on local sourcing or getting just the bushes changed ?
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:09   #857
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Happy New Year fellow Cediazens. Loving this thread, after a half an hour of going through the same from page 1 was able to find Gaurav's post regarding the suspension rubber kit overhaul. So this week have to get the Blue Streak's lower arm bushes attended to. Re-quoting Gaurav's post here for my convenience as well as for anyone else who might be interested. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
The suspension of my cedia gave up a little sooner than I expected, may be because of the low profile tires (well if you consider 205/55/R15 to be low profile), or may be because of my driving style or ...ammm, the last trip to meerut..

But whatever it was, the suspension had worn out at over 75k kms. As of today the car stands at 77,200 and I thought I may stretch on the suspension for some time but a small late night drive to CP yest made me feel that the suspension needs to be addressed immidiately. Further, I specially went with a friend, who wanted to see the Ferrari showroom, only to know that the showroom is being refurbished and is closed till further notice. Fantastic. While coming back, pushed the car to about 100-120 and the car was floating as a boat, I was like what the hell, the front arm was making noise on even little uneven patches and I got freaked.

Got up in the morning (ok, Afternoon, hehe) and called bhpian Sukrit to take contact of a Khan Market guy who could arrange for parts. Before calling the guy, called Asian Motors to know exact price of arm and shocks. Was quoted Rs. 6400/-each for shockers and Rs.4800/- each for arm. Total for arms and shocks (excluding any other kit) and labour, Rs.24k. Said Thanks but no thanks. Called the guy in Khan Market, who confirmed Rs. 5300 a pair for taiwanese arms and Rs.6000 a pair for OE shocks. I was surprised to know the cost of the OE shocks, couldnt believe I could get OE at this price. Then called chawla at Karol Bagh, who quoted 7600 for OE arms. Again said thanks. Finally went to my mechanic Raju, who confirmed that we can get Genuine bush kit and arm ends for cedia for Rs.3k. He suggested that its a better option than buying taiwanese arms.

A few more calls to kashmiri gate dealers for shocks yielded no fruitful results but one of them quoted 9K for original Shocks, made in JAPAN. Finally thought of getting Arm bush kit from Karol Bagh and original shocks from Khan Market. But then the Khan Market guy said that the person from whom he was to buy the shocks has gone home, some one expired in his family and I can get the shocks on monday. Said thanks and ordered the original ones from Kashmiri gate.

Finally went to Karol Bagh only to know that my mechanic, Raju's contact has got cedia's entire suspension. Called kashmiri gate to cancel original shocks. Finally the sardar ji had it all. bushes, shocks mountings, clutch etc etc... So, bought Mando front shocks, made in taiwan; RBI front arm bushes and arm ends, made in Singapore; tie rods and Tie ends, made in Thailand and Jumping rod bushes (including the bolt), made in thailand again. Didn't need jumping rod bushes but still got them changed. The tie rod and ends too were fine, so just bought them to keep them in stock for future..didnt get them changed.

Here is the cost per item

Front Shockers, Qty 2 - Rs. 5300/-

Front Arm Bush kit 4 pieces - Rs. 1300/-

Front Arm End 2 pieces - Rs. 1700/-

Tie rod and Tie Ends 2 each - Rs. 1900/-

Jumping Rod bushes - Rs. 400/-

Press fitting charges for arm bushes - Rs. 300/-

Labour Rs. 1200/-

Total 12,200/-

Not bad for Cedia's suspension.. even if it lasts 40-50k kms, its all worth it.

The suspension felt new once again and there was no issue till about 160.. soo all in all money well spent.. Loved the feel of the car all over again.

Will get allignment and balancing done tomorrow..
Old 2nd January 2014, 12:02   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Took the Blue Streak for a routine service, came back with a service report recommending lower arm change as the bush on both sides have started to crack. With one arm costing 14K++ I too will scour the web for cheaper options. Request you guys to point me towards those that you are aware of.

Which site is this from S_U_N ?

www.amayama.com

They sell only OEM stuff.

However, after my 1000 KM roundtrip I am happy to report that my fevi quick is doing the job quite well. I don't think I need to buy the replacement lock for now.

Also I am happy to report that there is no noise from the right power window switch panel. I don't know what was causing the problem earlier, but after removing, cleaning and replacing the panel and putting cellotape on the plastic film pasted in the door inner side, there is no noise.

So, that goes to say, that A.S.S. do not care much about fixing such issues. I will probably do more DIY stuff in future, rather than depending on someone.
Quote:
any leads/ideas on local sourcing or getting just the bushes changed ?
Gaurav said bushes can be changed. I have a set of bushes which I had purchased last year from Mars India along with some stabilizer kit, but have not got them fixed into my spare lower arms so far.

I am keeping them for future use.

No point in getting these things from A.S.S.
If in Delhi, then you are lucky. Things are much cheaper.
If in Mumbai, Mars India should have OEM lower arms at 50-60% price of A.S.S.

Last edited by S_U_N : 2nd January 2014 at 12:03.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:06   #859
Senior - BHPian

How much did the pair of bush cost from Mars? In case you want to dispose these, do let me know.

Quote:
Gaurav said bushes can be changed. I have a set of bushes which I had purchased last year from Mars India along with some stabilizer kit, but have not got them fixed into my spare lower arms so far.

I am keeping them for future use.
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:23   #860
Senior - BHPian

^To be honest, I don't remember, since it was a while ago.
But I think it was roughly around 2-3K, together for both sides.

I was hoping I wrote about the purchase in this thread, but I could not find when I searched.

I intend to keep the car as long as I live in Pune, so the spares will eventually be useful someday. All spares are like investments, since their prices increase every year.
So, I am keeping the spares for now (actually need to find where they are at home).

Are you trying to source from Mumbai or Delhi?
Remember that the bushes are quite heavy so do not try to ship them via courier.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:29   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the most complicated website i have ever been to, they could have simplyfied it, its for people who know what they need, if you are window shopping you would be better off at ebay.

Pramod
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:45   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This is the most complicated website i have ever been to, they could have simplyfied it, its for people who know what they need, if you are window shopping you would be better off at ebay.

Pramod
You need to get the part number from A.S.S.
Just punch that into the search box and get the price.
After you submit the enquiry, you will get an email within one day.
Then visit the site and check the total cost with shipping.
Once you pay (say via paypal), the item should reach you within 10 days.

Benefits:
1. Genuine stuff only
2. Pricing is good
3. Shipping is fast. I ordered clock spring, it came in one week via EMS. No customs duty paid, even for an item worth Rs. 8000 (approx.) Maybe I was plain lucky.
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:00   #863
BHPian

Maybe we can request Gaurav to post sardar ji's number.
On my part, I am posting the number of the shop in khan market although I have neither visited nor interacted with him in over one year. At your own risk then.
9999970812 - Vimal, Khan market

I too need these bushes so Khoj, if you pick them or find a place to pick them, post here please!

Edit - I just spoke to Arun from 'metro spares and ghai motors'. He said he can arrange the bush kit as well as arms, for a much much lower price. Suggest you speak to him as well. I'm not in delhi till February unfortunately.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 2nd January 2014 at 17:09.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:33   #864
Senior - BHPian

Rubber kept for too long will dry up and crack as is, time to find and sell

I will look around in Dilli first, Bombay being the next option

How heavy could these be, a kilo perhaps ?

Quote:
I intend to keep the car as long as I live in Pune, so the spares will eventually be useful someday. All spares are like investments, since their prices increase every year.
So, I am keeping the spares for now (actually need to find where they are at home).

Are you trying to source from Mumbai or Delhi?
Remember that the bushes are quite heavy so do not try to ship them via courier.

I can wait until February, that is if you are keen on getting these from amayama or even MARS in Bombay. I am a bit wary of getting this stuff from metro. He is OK for generic stuff but am not too sure about such stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I too need these bushes so Khoj, if you pick them or find a place to pick them, post here please!

Edit - I just spoke to Arun from 'metro spares and ghai motors'. He said he can arrange the bush kit as well as arms, for a much much lower price. Suggest you speak to him as well. I'm not in delhi till February unfortunately.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:16   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Rubber kept for too long will dry up and crack as is, time to find and sell

I will look around in Dilli first, Bombay being the next option

How heavy could these be, a kilo perhaps ?
Should be more than a kilo, I suppose.

Quote:
I can wait until February, that is if you are keen on getting these from amayama or even MARS in Bombay. I am a bit wary of getting this stuff from metro. He is OK for generic stuff but am not too sure about such stuff.
I don't think you will get that from amayama since this is not an OEM part I suppose (but I could be wrong).
In addition, due to the weight shipping will cost you a lot.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:09   #866
Senior - BHPian

I did find them on amayama @ $15 each. Just now spoke to Gaurav's mechanic. He has confirmed availability and will confirm the prices in a day or so. Let us see how this goes.

Quote:
Should be more than a kilo, I suppose.

I don't think you will get that from amayama since this is not an OEM part I suppose (but I could be wrong).
In addition, due to the weight shipping will cost you a lot.
Old 4th January 2014, 14:03   #867
BHPian

Meanwhile, I have a clunking sound when I turn left, but it can be heard only when the car is stationary. Never ever when I'm moving. Anyone? Anything? My mechanic has checked the entire suspension and everything looked good.

Oh. And a very very very happy birthday to Gaurav! Here's wishing you many miles/liter.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 4th January 2014 at 14:11.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 13:29   #868
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is the safe limit to rev. the 4G94 engine in our Cedia?
Does the engine like to rev above say 4K?
Old 6th January 2014, 13:36   #869
Senior - BHPian

I regularly hit the limiter each time I drive - have noticed no adverse effects so far. In fact the more you rev, the more free revv'ing it seems to get. Also there's a noticeable improvement in smoothness with synthetic. If you haven't used synthetic so far, you should give it a try.
Old 6th January 2014, 13:40   #870
Senior - BHPian

^Thanks. When does the rev. limiter cut off?

By the way, I completed a little more than 2.5 years and clocked around 21000 KM.

Since my running is quite low, so I see no point in going with synthetic due to high costs.
Plus I prefer the 6 monthly servicing instead of annual.

Most Viewed