Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 16:12   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Update: the car is now at around 123600 kms. I was witnessing inadequate brake bite. I need to go to Chandigarh on 19th so didnt want to take any chances with brakes. So took the car to my mechanic, he bleeded the brakes and cleaned the discs and the pads with sand paper. Also, the suspension arms were kaput along with jumping rod bushes. Got them changed as well.

Cost: Rs 3400 for suspension arms (Semyong company, probably Korean or taiwanese, quality was top notch) Much better than the individual joints and bushes I installed earlier in the old arm.

Rs 180 for the jumping rod bushes (same as lancer)

Rs 20 for oil filler cap seal (the seal was old and oil was coming out,very very slowly, but it made all surrounding parts full of oil covering which attracted a lot of dust.) Bought Indica's filler seal and squeezed it on top of older seal, which made the cap seal tightly.

Rs 90 for Dot 4 oil and Rs 800 labour.
Also got 3 bulbs changed (2 tail light and one front indicator) - Cost 300 including labour.

The car is as fit as it can get for nearly 7 year or 1.25 lac kms old car..Drive like a dream once again!

The arms and jumping rod bushes lasted nearly 50k kms.

About 10 days back, I was driving at about 50-60 in inner roads of gurgaon, when the car's right front tire suddenly landed up in a big pot hole. Result: A pinched tire. For now its doing the duty on the rear and I will get a tube installed before leaving for Chandigarh. The tires have done about 41k kms and should last another 8-9kms easily, in total 50k kms. And thats purely because 40k kms done as yet were with much relaxed driving from me and the family ofcourse compared to tire screeching run on the previous s-drives which lasted only 40k kms..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
The AC suddenly has become less effective when it is hot outside. A.S.S. says it is the cooling coil that needs to be cleaned, but it requires opening up the dashboard. I was hoping it would not come to it. Should I go ahead?
Nothing major, The coil can be cleaned without removing the dash. But the ASC wont do it, as they are supposed to take it off completely and do a -as good as factory-condition job. Honda and MS also rip apart dash.

You need to find a good AC guy who can take off the glove box and the ECU and then clean the coil properly. 4.5 years is enough time for cooling coil to get dirty. I have an awful tree outside my house which sheds tiny leaves which block cooling coil. As a remedy, I got a AC filter installed. You will find more information as you search this thread.

Quote:
There is a broken piece of plastic near the fender which I'm told will take 6K to replace.
It must be the inside front fender lining. I really don't see a reason for replacing it. Left side lining of my car has not been there for a while. (thats only the front triangle piece along the bumper and not the entire lining)

Quote:
A biker tried to overtake me while I was making a turn and hit my tail light. A small break in the casing - enough for rain water to leak into the tail light. The thing will cost a whopping 19K to replace!
I am sure you can get it cheaper in the after market. look around.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 7th July 2014 at 16:19.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 18:21   #917
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Gaurav.
Your mechanic sees to be a very reasonable and an experienced individual. Request share the address of your mechanic, Raju.

Can he also help in sourcing parts for the car?
Old 9th July 2014, 00:06   #918
BHPian

Can someone please find out the part number for the black AC duct insert with louvers (center of dash)? Mine is a 2006 Sport.
Old 16th July 2014, 04:47   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Can someone please find out the part number for the black AC duct insert with louvers (center of dash)? Mine is a 2006 Sport.
This car was sold in US as 2005 Lancer ES 2.0 and all kind of parts are available at mouth watering prices. Can someone please post a parts catalog? It is very difficult to decide on the exact part without the original catalog.
Old 20th July 2014, 22:43   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This car was sold in US as 2005 Lancer ES 2.0 and all kind of parts are available at mouth watering prices. Can someone please post a parts catalog? It is very difficult to decide on the exact part without the original catalog.
I am not sure what you are actually looking for, but try this website:
http://www.mitsubishipartsdirect.com...ent+pPanel-178

and this one: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BI...bishi&=&_ssc=1
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 23:01   #921
BHPian

Changing indicator bulbs in tail light

Is it a DIY job to remove the tail light? One of my taillight turn indicator bulbs has gone kaput. I thought I could remove the tail light by removing a couple of screws that are visible once the boot is open, but it seems something else is also holding it in place.

Should I just take it to the garage? I find it very uneasy to drive around without the rear turn indicator.
Old 9th August 2014, 03:18   #922
BHPian

Bhailog,

Can someone please confirm whether these would fit my 05 Cedia?

http://www.amazon.com/1530-SENSEN-Sh...bishi%3Alancer
Old 12th August 2014, 18:47   #923
BHPian

Gentlemen,
I'm buying a second hand Cedia and wanted to get a fresh coat of paint on the vehicle. Just wanted to know if anyone has an idea what would that cost and the best place to get it done from in Mumbai?
Regards
Old 13th August 2014, 00:14   #924
Senior - BHPian

Depends on your location in Bombay and the quality of workmanship you have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Gentlemen,
I'm buying a second hand Cedia and wanted to get a fresh coat of paint on the vehicle. Just wanted to know if anyone has an idea what would that cost and the best place to get it done from in Mumbai?
Regards
Old 13th August 2014, 17:49   #925
Senior - BHPian

Whats the FE of a cedia ? Is it too much of a gas guzzler ?
Old 13th August 2014, 18:09   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Whats the FE of a cedia ? Is it too much of a gas guzzler ?
9-10 in bangalore traffic, 12-13 on the highway with a heavy foot.
Old 13th August 2014, 19:17   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Depends on your location in Bombay and the quality of workmanship you have in mind.
Want a good quality paint job. Im from Parle but can travel in and around Mumbai to get the job done. Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

I used to give my Opel Astra to Swadi automobiles but am now unsure if they do a good paint job. Read about Mazda on the forum and then there's Aquest (Mitsubishi folks).

Kindly do let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh
Old 28th August 2014, 23:37   #928
BHPian

Hi guys since this seems to be the official cedia thread on tbhp I wanted some help. I was on the lookout for a second car as I had sold my fiesta sometime time back. I drive a safari currently with the Rd box in p2. Was thinking of getting a new swift diesel as I commute about 70 kms daily and giving the safari to mom with a driver, obviously after taking the Rd box out. Was getting the swift financed and the emi was coming out to 8 grand plus fuel which would be about 6-7 grand more all in all about 15 grand a month .

Here comes the twist was generally sitting with a dealer who I've known for 5 years and he gets a call to come see a black 2009 cedia sports I tag along as I was free. I see the car test drive it and my jaw drops its absolutely scratch less owned by a German expat done 55k on the odo , to say the car was in pristine condition is an under statement, the dealer calls a couple of his cronies to make an offer no one quotes more then 1.5 for it ..! The owner says he will part with it for 1.75 dealer looks pissed gives him mumbo jumbo all the while I am watching like a kid in a candy store .. Ze German doesn't budge dealer wants to walk away I tell the German to hold it for a day and I will pick it up tommorow

Now gents there is no way on gods own earth am I driving a swift over what I just drove period.! What I need help with is if I keep this car for a couple of years where do I go for maintanence and spares as I've been hearing horror stories. Since this is a guzzler my fuel would approx come to about 16-18 grand a little more then the swift scenario. Does it make sense? I know it would be blasphemy but I read somewhere that Rohan motors okhla have a mitsu approved brc sqential CNG kit for this.. Would that be advisable ?? I am in a quandary would sincerely appreciate any help I can get from the cedia gurus akshay , khoj , mandheers and all others.

Cheers
Mayank
Old 29th August 2014, 00:38   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi guys since this seems to be the official cedia thread on tbhp I wanted some help. I was on the lookout for a second car as I had sold my fiesta sometime time back. I drive a safari currently with the Rd box in p2. Was thinking of getting a new swift diesel as I commute about 70 kms daily and giving the safari to mom with a driver, obviously after taking the Rd box out. Was getting the swift financed and the emi was coming out to 8 grand plus fuel which would be about 6-7 grand more all in all about 15 grand a month .

Here comes the twist was generally sitting with a dealer who I've known for 5 years and he gets a call to come see a black 2009 cedia sports I tag along as I was free. I see the car test drive it and my jaw drops its absolutely scratch less owned by a German expat done 55k on the odo , to say the car was in pristine condition is an under statement, the dealer calls a couple of his cronies to make an offer no one quotes more then 1.5 for it ..! The owner says he will part with it for 1.75 dealer looks pissed gives him mumbo jumbo all the while I am watching like a kid in a candy store .. Ze German doesn't budge dealer wants to walk away I tell the German to hold it for a day and I will pick it up tommorow

Now gents there is no way on gods own earth am I driving a swift over what I just drove period.! What I need help with is if I keep this car for a couple of years where do I go for maintanence and spares as I've been hearing horror stories. Since this is a guzzler my fuel would approx come to about 16-18 grand a little more then the swift scenario. Does it make sense? I know it would be blasphemy but I read somewhere that Rohan motors okhla have a mitsu approved brc sqential CNG kit for this.. Would that be advisable ?? I am in a quandary would sincerely appreciate any help I can get from the cedia gurus akshay , khoj , mandheers and all others.

Cheers
Mayank
I'm no Guru here but this seems to be a great deal! If the car has done 55k and is in good shape, I don't see a lot of expenses in next few years and even if you have to, OEM/other parts are available (say Mars India).

I would say spend some of the money you are saving simply in fuel. Spending a big amount in CNG kit does not make sense. My Cedia has a CNG kit but I almost end up driving on Petrol because the CNG does not last long and I hate to go get it filled every now and then.
Old 29th August 2014, 00:47   #930
BHPian

Quote:
I'm no Guru here but this seems to be a great deal! If the car has done 55k and is in good shape, I don't see a lot of expenses in next few years and even if you have to, OEM/other parts are available (say Mars India).

I would say spend some of the money you are saving simply in fuel. Spending a big amount in CNG kit does not make sense. My Cedia has a CNG kit but I almost end up driving on Petrol because the CNG does not last long and I hate to go get it filled every now and then.
Well this is just one of the cars ze German is selling he has 3 more and is leaving India . believe me its pristine pure bliss. All I am worried about is maintanence, are you in Delhi sorry am on the phone so can't see your location on the dp . which kit are you running ? And what range do you get on a top up off CNG ? Any issues so far with CNG??

Cheers

Most Viewed