Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2014, 01:11   #931
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Well this is just one of the cars ze German is selling he has 3 more and is leaving India . believe me its pristine pure bliss. All I am worried about is maintanence, are you in Delhi sorry am on the phone so can't see your location on the dp . which kit are you running ? And what range do you get on a top up off CNG ? Any issues so far with CNG??

Cheers
I'm in A'bad and I'm going to order clutch kit and struts from Mars India, Mumbai. That should not be a problem.

I have Lovato CNG kit (basic) and I get about 150 kms per tank. While on CNG, sometimes the engine shuts off when I depress clutch in stop/go traffic but that might not be related to CNG kit.
Old 29th August 2014, 03:33   #932
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Missed your post. Mazda does a great job, I had some work done from Parvez on my Alpine Blue Mitsu. He is pricey though but again work quality is very good.
Cannot comment on Aquest, if it draws any parallel Excel in Dilli (authorised A.S.S.) is very competent in paint work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Read about Mazda on the forum and then there's Aquest (Mitsubishi folks).

Kindly do let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh

What are you talking about ?
Guzzler @ 9-11 kmpl in city with 100% AC. My swift gives similar milage.

Horror Stories What horror stories. Sure parts are expensive but they do not fail on you every other day and besides the A.S.S. (who by the way do a meticulous job) we have Raju mechanic in Gol Market to take care of its and bits.

CNG kit Really? Do not buy if you intend to go in that direction. Give me the contact details and I will pick up the vehicle.

The only thing wrong with the vehicle is that it has no resale value. If you can live with that then go right ahead and have fun.I will appreciate if before logging off you can pm me the details of this guys other vehicles along with relevant details.

Quote:
I tell the German to hold it for a day and I will pick it up tommorow

Now gents there is no way on gods own earth am I driving a swift over what I just drove period.! What I need help with is if I keep this car for a couple of years where do I go for maintanence and spares as I've been hearing horror stories. Since this is a guzzler my fuel would approx come to about 16-18 grand a little more then the swift scenario. Does it make sense? I know it would be blasphemy but I read somewhere that Rohan motors okhla have a mitsu approved brc sqential CNG kit for this.. Would that be advisable ?? I am in a quandary would sincerely appreciate any help I can get from the cedia gurus akshay , khoj , mandheers and all others.

Cheers
Mayank
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 09:52   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

The only thing wrong with the vehicle is that it has no resale value. If you can live with that then go right ahead and have fun.I will appreciate if before logging off you can pm me the details of this guys other vehicles along with relevant details.
Thanks for the input the dealer picked up the other cars . 2011 black outlander for 6.5 and an accord 2010 for 5 . Both were top notch condition.
Old 29th August 2014, 11:28   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input the dealer picked up the other cars . 2011 black outlander for 6.5 and an accord 2010 for 5 . Both were top notch condition.
Good to see some action back in this thread.

I just say, the Outlander at 6.5 was an awesome deal.

Coming to the Cedia, I hope you are picking it up. I believe rates in Delhi are really very low.

Yes, parts could be an issue if you run into an accident. But considering your investment of 1.5-1.75 lacs, you are getting a bigger car with almost the same mileage as Swift in city conditions. I think Swift will be more expensive as well for the same vintage. On the highway, the Swift might do a better job in terms of fuel efficiency, mainly due to the modern engine and perhaps the weight.
On good roads such as the Mumbai- Bangalore highway, you can get 16 kmpl with 2 adults, one kid and a boot full with luggage.

CNG kit might cost you around Rs. 70000. Do the math and see how soon you can break even.

Last edited by S_U_N : 29th August 2014 at 11:29.
Old 29th August 2014, 11:47   #935
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.. the Outlander would have been an interesting alternate. Thanks for sharing.

So, do we see you with the your new ride at the upcoming meet on Sunday? Right next door to your place of work, it is.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2014-a-5.html

Quote:
Old 29th August 2014, 13:39   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Good to see some action back in this thread.

I just say, the Outlander at 6.5 was an awesome deal.

CNG kit might cost you around Rs. 70000. Do the math and see how soon you can break even.

Quote:
Hmm.. the Outlander would have been an interesting alternate. Thanks for sharing.

So, do we see you with the your new ride at the upcoming meet on Sunday? Right next door to your place of work, it is.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2014-a-5.html
Well you will definitely get good deals if you look in the right places. People who sell cars through adverts and online are a very miniscule population. Most of the cars the other side of 15 or more in posh areas of Delhi are sold through contacts of the drivers or managers . owners seldom interact themselves .!

Too much money sometimes carries a certain air of snobbery with it all the better for us mortals. Also its not that prices are rock bottom in Delhi its just that sometimes there are 2-3 dealers through which the car passes before ending up with an individual last month through the same guy I got my friend a 2007 excellent condition E240 39 k on the odo for 4.75 plus the same dealer took 25 grand .

This guy is right at the bottom of the food chain he has great links with drivers and managers in posh south Delhi localities and simply passes the car onto other dealers with brokerage . week ago he brokered a deal for a 2009 740Li bimmer new shape,done 68 k kms to a Karol bagh dealer for 21 plus 50 grand brokerage . dealer sold it for 36. Its a wicked world I tell you

Just going now to pick the car up and make merry
Old 29th August 2014, 16:18   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now gents there is no way on gods own earth am I driving a swift over what I just drove period.!
Haha! reminded me of the time when I bought the Cedia. if you read the first post of this thread it was like. NO WAY SWIFT!

Quote:
What I need help with is if I keep this car for a couple of years where do I go for maintanence and spares as I've been hearing horror stories. Since this is a guzzler my fuel would approx come to about 16-18 grand a little more then the swift scenario. Does it make sense? I know it would be blasphemy but I read somewhere that Rohan motors okhla have a mitsu approved brc sqential CNG kit for this.. Would that be advisable ?? I am in a quandary would sincerely appreciate any help I can get from the cedia gurus akshay , khoj , mandheers and all others.
For me Cedia and CNG doesnt go hand in hand. This was purely the reason why I got a pre-owned baleno and installed a CNG for my every day long runs of 100 kms plus. I intend to switch to civic AT in a year or so. NO LOANS for me for any car I buy for less than 5 lacs..

Well I dont see anything wrong in installing a CNG in cedia but to be honest you will kill all the fun in the car, PERIOD! Also running on Petrol would mean shelling 18-20k every month. I have done that in past (for good 2-3 years) when there were little commitments I had. Today, to be honest, I cannot pay 18-20k per month especially with a Home load installment starting soon. If you can afford it, drive it on Petrol. But do not stretch yourself.

Regarding the upkeep, A cedia, even in aftermarket will cost you twice as much as swift to maintain - this is when I am talking about a car 5 years old and a running like yours.

Quote:
PM the Number pls

Quote:
What are you talking about ?
Guzzler @ 9-11 kmpl in city with 100% AC. My swift gives similar milage.
ROLF - The baleno was giving me 8 till I installed CNG - For nearly two months I was driving the Cedia nearly 100 kms per day.

Quote:
Should he be bothered about the resale at 1.75 lac.. Lolzzz

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th August 2014 at 16:25.
Old 31st August 2014, 13:10   #938
BHPian

May be highjacking the thread. But not much activity on other Cedia thread so here it goes...

Got my hands on a May 2011 Red Cedia thats done just 25k kms.This after almost 4 months of finding a Cedia that ticks all the right boxes. (Low miles, good exterior and interior condition and most important in great mechanical condition).

With the model being discontinued and with HM-Mitsu not selling many when it was in production, there aren't many Cedias available in the market.

I may be one of few who after driving a Civic for almost 5 years went back to buy a Cedia.

I may be a tad bit late into the Cedia thing but hey who cares! It does what a Civic or a Corolla or a Vento or a Laura TSI does but does it just a little bit better. And has loads of character and looks which still turns heads.

Will post pictures in a bit!

Regards,
Rajesh
Old 4th September 2014, 02:50   #939
BHPian

Raj981 and BornToBeWild, can you please post pics for us to feel jealous?
Old 4th September 2014, 14:46   #940
Senior - BHPian

@raj981: Good going.

Meanwhile, last week on my way back home from a 250 km round trip, there was slight smoke that came out from the AC for a few seconds. It did not come again.
In the previous weekend, we had a 100 km round trip and we had the smoke for a few seconds as well, just once.

However weather conditions were quite different in both cases. Last weekend was cold and rainy and the AC was on setting -> 1 with mostly directed towards the windshield. Only for few hours we had it on the normal position and the smoke came out mainly from the middle two vents.
Edit: We also used the heater for quite a while, since we were all completely drenched in the rains while outside.

Is this happening due to increased cooling somewhere inside? (condensation?)

Last edited by S_U_N : 4th September 2014 at 14:53.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:24   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Raj981 and BornToBeWild, can you please post pics for us to feel jealous?
Posting the exterior pics.

The interior has cheap imitation leather over the company fitted fabric seats. Am visiting Orchis at Powai to have leather seats installed this weekend.

Also wanted to get a good head unit with bluetooth and touch screen interface.

Will share interior pics as well once those are done.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140821_11_25_28_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140821_11_25_39_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140821_11_25_57_pro.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-wp_20140821_11_26_11_pro.jpg  

Old 4th September 2014, 16:52   #942
BHPian

That is definitely a good looking car.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 21:02   #943
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on getting your new ride.

The sports comes with factory fitted black leatherette seats with sporty red thread stitching, far superior to anything that is available in the markets. What is this fabric you are talking about?

The OE HU is a Kenwood with 5" screen complete with bluetooth and Navigation integrated. It is a pretty good unit unless one is looking to spend in the region of 60K+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
Posting the exterior pics.

The interior has cheap imitation leather over the company fitted fabric seats. Am visiting Orchis at Powai to have leather seats installed this weekend.

Also wanted to get a good head unit with bluetooth and touch screen interface.

Will share interior pics as well once those are done.
Old 5th September 2014, 00:50   #944
BHPian

The early sports (like my 06) came with black fabric with some red accents.
Old 5th September 2014, 14:18   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on getting your new ride.

The sports comes with factory fitted black leatherette seats with sporty red thread stitching, far superior to anything that is available in the markets. What is this fabric you are talking about?

The OE HU is a Kenwood with 5" screen complete with bluetooth and Navigation integrated. It is a pretty good unit unless one is looking to spend in the region of 60K+.
They discontinued the black leather with red stitching and the Kenwood 5" screen from Jan 2011. The later model (post Jan 2011 - Mine is a May 2011) came with oyster color fabric seats and a 2 din kenwood system. Also the door trims and dashboard are oyster/beige color and not the carbon black that was seen in the earlier variants.

You're right...The HU will put me back by almost 55-60k and the leather seats by another 40k approx.

I got the vehicle for 365k, so I'm guessing another 100 k for a car that i intend to keep as far as HM-Mitsu sourcing the parts and servicing/repairing the vehicle should still be a good deal. (Hoping the car doesn't kill me with maintenance niggles.)

I think it will be a good idea for Cedia owners to consolidate all their discussions/suggestions in this blog or a new blog so that it could serve as a good repository of useful information and experience.

Most Viewed