Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2014, 12:33   #1036
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Good picture there!
Please tell us more about the recall. What is the part that is being changed? Where is this switch?

If anyone is visiting the service centre, please try and get me the headlamp leveling motor (left side) part number.

Edit: If it is tyre noise for raj981, then he should not be able to hear noise when car is stationary. @raj981: Please update on your observation.

Edit2: Whining/ Ringing noise can be due to small pebble stuck in between the disc and the brake pad area.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th November 2014 at 12:36.
Old 20th November 2014, 14:56   #1037
BHPian

Re: RECALL Headlight switch for Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Are you sure this is from the fuel pump and not tire tread noise or bearing whine?
Yup very sure. Its audible even when the car is stationery. Will be visiting Sampco on Saturday and will have it throughly checked.

I will also try my luck if they are ready to change the fuel pump free (due to the 2012 recall) and also the headlight switch circuit.

Thanks and Regards
Old 20th November 2014, 23:28   #1038
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Gurus,

Is it worth bringing original brake parts from US?
Front Brake pads (MZ690563) $47
Caliper Pins $4 each
Caliper Seal Kit $12 each

Can someone please confirm the brake pad part number?
Old 21st November 2014, 12:47   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Gurus,

Caliper Pins $4 each

You will get equally good brake pads here in India for Rs. 3000 (front set only, I assume)

The caliper pins and the boot kit - well, you should try carrying a two-three sets and share with other BHPians - since those are not available in outside market.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:57   #1040
BHPian

The part being replaced as a part of the recall is a pcb approx 2 inches by 2 inches inside the dashboard connected to the headlamp mechanism.
The service center has a circular which has a range of chassis numbers. You need to call them up and provide your chassis number which they will look up in the circular issued by Mitsubishi.

The pcb replace takes some time as it is inside the dashboard. I have given my car today morning, and will get it back by evening.
abeerbagul is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 13:00   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Thanks abeerbagul. Have you got some information on what is the impact of that part's failure?
Old 21st November 2014, 20:02   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gurus,

Caliper Pins $4 each

I got Brembo pads for the Cedia locally for about 3,000 for a set. (front wheels)
There are other brands which are available locally now,
These ones are 1200-1500 for a set. I have no idea how good they are but they seem to be of good quality.
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-pads2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
You will get equally good brake pads here in India for Rs. 3000 (front set only, I assume)

The caliper pins and the boot kit - well, you should try carrying a two-three sets and share with other BHPians - since those are not available in outside market.
Yup getting brake caliper pins and boot will be much more sensible. If you can get 3-4 kits and keep them with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
The part being replaced as a part of the recall is a pcb approx 2 inches by 2 inches inside the dashboard connected to the headlamp mechanism.
The service center has a circular which has a range of chassis numbers. You need to call them up and provide your chassis number which they will look up in the circular issued by Mitsubishi.

The pcb replace takes some time as it is inside the dashboard. I have given my car today morning, and will get it back by evening.
Thank you for the information, Can you also post a picture of the part for reference? Any part number information available?
Old 22nd November 2014, 00:49   #1043
BHPian

I'm getting the brakes done to get rid of the rattle. That was the reason I was thinking about getting original Mitsu pads (making sure they fit in those clips). If you guys are sure that the aftermarket pads are okay, I'll skip the pads. I have found a distributor for TRW pads which I hear are good enough.

I will definitely buy the clips and caliper seal kits.
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:41   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting the brakes done to get rid of the rattle. That was the reason I was thinking about getting original Mitsu pads (making sure they fit in those clips). If you guys are sure that the aftermarket pads are okay, I'll skip the pads. I have found a distributor for TRW pads which I hear are good enough.

Replacing the Pads will not solve the rattle,
Replacing the Caliper pins, bushing will fix the problem.
Also at what cost are you getting the TRW pads?
Old 24th November 2014, 12:27   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As a test, just put your foot on the brake (slightly) and let the car roll down on slight incline over bad roads.
You should not hear any metalic kling sound. The moment you lift the foot of the brake, the calipers will start rattling.

If you hear the sound even with foot on the brakes (again very slight touch, else the car won't move ahead), then this is something else and not the calipers.
Old 26th November 2014, 21:24   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
As a test, just put your foot on the brake (slightly) and let the car roll down on slight incline over bad roads.
You should not hear any metalic kling sound. The moment you lift the foot of the brake, the calipers will start rattling.

If you hear the sound even with foot on the brakes (again very slight touch, else the car won't move ahead), then this is something else and not the calipers.
I have done this test and IMHO, it is the caliper rattle. Have ordered the pins and kits from amayama. Planning to ask the dealer to do a full brake service and use my parts. Let's hope for the best.
Old 26th November 2014, 21:26   #1047
BHPian

On a separate note, just read news about the K1000 rally and 2 Cedias winning the IRC 2000 category. On one hand it feels good that "our" cars are still winning in the rally circuit and on other hand it is so sad that we have to go through such challenges to get parts.
Old 26th November 2014, 23:02   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey guys. Need some help here.

1. I need to get something called a combination switch for the stalk on the right side of the steering(indicator/headlamps). How can I get one? The guys at SVR say its not available and say it needs to come from Japan.

2. I need to change my tyres now. Its been 6 years and around 40k kms on the stock tyres. Any ideas on what would not be very expensive but quite and with decent grip?

Thanks.
Were you able to resolve this before selling the car? If yes, what was approx cost of spare? Mine too has failed now and they have no spare :(
Old 26th November 2014, 23:42   #1049
BHPian

I remember it being close to 7-8k for the past alone
Old 27th November 2014, 14:20   #1050
Senior - BHPian

I have the Australian Lancer (similar to Cedia) workshop manual in PDF.

I can upload it somewhere if anyone is interested.
Size is 57 MB.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed