Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2015, 17:59   #1066
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Just a day before the trip, Cedia decided not to start.
I had been facing this issue of car not starting sometimes (only after several attempts, the car would start, otherwise it would pretend to be dead).

So, in order to rule out battery problem, I just swapped battery from my Maruti Zen (which was just one month old). I think it is 35 Ah battery, but I am not 100% sure.
yes I figured out that it is 35 AH battery. I recently replaced to AMARON PRO 50B20L.
Old 8th January 2015, 13:02   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Re: RECALL Headlight switch for Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Gaurav is the young chap behind me and the black Cedia in the background belongs to his cousin.
Great to see that Raju's shop has become sort of a mini meeting spot for BHPians.

It is always good to meet like-minded people to discuss what we do the best! Kudos to that friends.
Old 9th January 2015, 01:41   #1068
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Called the local TRW distributor to check availability of brake pads. I was so surprised to hear from him that "TRW does not make brake pads"!! Now, I'll have to find another decent brand of pads. Any recommendations?
Old 9th January 2015, 11:27   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Get a set of Mintex pads. Tad expensive, but boy they brake and last well.
Old 9th January 2015, 11:27   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Were you able to resolve this before selling the car? If yes, what was approx cost of spare? Mine too has failed now and they have no spare :(
SVR Motors replaced the PCB for this last month. Head-lights and blinkers are working perfectly now. It is apparently a known problem, am sure is a safety advisory.

They have the PCBs in stock and anyone with this issue can go and get it replaced. No charges for spare, I had to pay just Rs.183 for labour.
megger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 17:42   #1071
BHPian

Gentlemen,
I've scheduled a service for my Cedia this coming Monday. Other than the regular stuff do i have to request anything in particular to be checked?

This will be my first service (its a second hand car for me) and the car has done 27,500 kms till date, so just wanted to know Cedia problem areas that should be addressed.

PS: The whining sound is still present but the guy at Mitsu told me when i had visited him 2 months ago that its not a big deal and will be taken care off when the car comes in for service.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajesh
Old 10th January 2015, 13:36   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SVR Motors replaced the PCB for this last month. Head-lights and blinkers are working perfectly now. It is apparently a known problem, am sure is a safety advisory.

They have the PCBs in stock and anyone with this issue can go and get it replaced. No charges for spare, I had to pay just Rs.183 for labour.
Not sure what headlight problems you are referring to. Can you please elaborate?
Old 10th January 2015, 18:35   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Why the labour charge?? It is a factory recall, they pay for everything.

I got a thanks from Asian Motors for bringing the car in and an apology from their customer relationship manager since they could not wash my car as the workmen had gone for lunch.

Quote:
No charges for spare, I had to pay just Rs.183 for labour.
Old 11th January 2015, 01:53   #1074
Senior - BHPian

My Car key remote has stopped working - i guess the battery is dead. Anyone knows what kind of battery it uses ? Probably i can just get it replaced from a watch repair shop instead of going to the service center.
Old 11th January 2015, 07:49   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
My Car key remote has stopped working - i guess the battery is dead. Anyone knows what kind of battery it uses ? Probably i can just get it replaced from a watch repair shop instead of going to the service center.
CR1616

It is a simple DIY.
I am attaching pictures from last January last year. In November the battery drained off again from the spare key. So, the Maxell battery I got was pretty useless. So, I need to buy a new one again. I need to look for the Panasonic one shown in the picture or something equivalent this time.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20140104_133938.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20140104_134053.jpg

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20140104_134131.jpg

Edit: It turns out there was some contact problem. After I removed the cell and checked the voltage it was 3.24 Volts. So, the battery seemed to be fine. Once I put it back and tested with the remote, it started working. So, Maxell is working after a year.

Last edited by S_U_N : 11th January 2015 at 07:58.
S_U_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 09:48   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
Called the local TRW distributor to check availability of brake pads. I was so surprised to hear from him that "TRW does not make brake pads"!! Now, I'll have to find another decent brand of pads. Any recommendations?
You could Try Brembo Pads, You get them locally and quite easily.

Quote:

Why were you charged this is a company recall? Was anything else done?
Old 11th January 2015, 12:34   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CR1616

It is a simple DIY.
I am attaching pictures from last January last year. In November the battery drained off again from the spare key. So, the Maxell battery I got was pretty useless. So, I need to buy a new one again. I need to look for the Panasonic one shown in the picture or something equivalent this time.
Thank you Sir ! I dont have the screw driver to open the key - hence i am thinking i will go to a watch repair guy.

CR1616 - watch guys should have it right ?
Old 11th January 2015, 17:48   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
You could Try Brembo Pads, You get them locally and quite easily.

Why were you charged this is a company recall? Was anything else done?
Nothing else was done. If they replaced PCB without charge, obviously it is a known defect. I did ask it is safety issue and why haven't you informed me. I was told that they called many customers and I might have been missed out. Obvious lies, who will argue with SVR/ HM.
Old 11th January 2015, 17:51   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what headlight problems you are referring to. Can you please elaborate?
Symptoms: Blinkers work erratically, they blink sometimes, will switch off at times. Headlight will also switch off many a times and it felt like a loose contact issue.
It is actually a known issue to Mitsubishi for which PCB is replaced, combination switch/ contacts have no problems.
Old 11th January 2015, 21:11   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Symptoms: Blinkers work erratically, they blink sometimes, will switch off at times. Headlight will also switch off many a times and it felt like a loose contact issue.
It is actually a known issue to Mitsubishi for which PCB is replaced, combination switch/ contacts have no problems.
OK. Good to know the symptoms. I think I will skip it. The car has never given me that problem.

Most Viewed