Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2015, 15:33   #1096
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

It was 8000 odd then and had ready availability.
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:53   #1097
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Two years ago, A.S.S. told me there is a leakage during the free summer camp. After that I got a second opinion and was told that it could be an extremely minor leakage. I got the hose cleaned with diesel and marked the level in the power steering fluid reservoir.
So, far, I don't see any significant drop in the level.

Back then the hose had a cost of around Rs. 11500 from A.S.S.

If someone can provide me the part number, I can look for alternative sources for pricing.

Edit: Is this the correct one?
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...gs+Best+Seller

Last edited by S_U_N : 23rd January 2015 at 18:14.
Old 27th January 2015, 08:32   #1098
Senior - BHPian

On Friday I showed the car to my mechanic. He checked the leakage and is pretty sure that it is not the power steering fluid, but the engine oil.
He checked the level and it was quite higher than the max level.

My last service was with Tune Up Plus in October/ November after which the car has done close to 3700 KM, including around 600 KM over the weekend.
He is pretty sure that instead of 3.8 lit, 5 lit of engine oil was put in.

So, he said he would change the oil seals.

Coming to the 3ST tyres, well, those have made a difference in terms of the softness that they bring to the ride. The undulations are surely muted.
On concrete roads at speeds of 80, you can hear a whistling sound.

I would not say that they reduce the tyre noise as such, perhaps just make a different type of noise.

The handling might have improved, but I am not sure - will have to test in the wet surfaces.

But overall a positive experience with the 3ST's.
Old 27th January 2015, 16:18   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Why does he want to do that? The engine oil may be getting forced out from around the dip stick itself. Why not suck or drain a litre or so of oil (until the correct cold and hot levels are reached) and then observe the leakage, that is if there is any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
He is pretty sure that instead of 3.8 lit, 5 lit of engine oil was put in.

So, he said he would change the oil seals.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 20:24   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Why does he want to do that? The engine oil may be getting forced out from around the dip stick itself. Why not suck or drain a litre or so of oil (until the correct cold and hot levels are reached) and then observe the leakage, that is if there is any?
Unlikely that the oil is coming out of the dip stick. There are no stains around there.
The oil has come out from the region near the power steering hose (high pressure) and the entire lower arm, oil filter etc, was wet when I saw it on Friday.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 01:34   #1101
BHPian

I started getting the SRS light today. I hope it is not the cloak spring. 😭😭
Old 29th January 2015, 12:21   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
I started getting the SRS light today. I hope it is not the cloak spring. 😭😭
It is, unfortunately the case. How many years old is the car? Is it parked in the sun?
Old 30th January 2015, 00:54   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
It is, unfortunately the case. How many years old is the car? Is it parked in the sun?
It is a 2006 and yes, it is parked in the sun. I just got the brakes done with new caliper pins and was thinking the car has no issues. :(
Old 30th January 2015, 13:46   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troublemaker View Post
It is a 2006 and yes, it is parked in the sun. I just got the brakes done with new caliper pins and was thinking the car has no issues. :(
FYI: I got the part from Amayama. It was the cheapest that I could get back then. I still have the OEM part with me as a souvenir.
Old 8th February 2015, 21:04   #1105
BHPian

My Service has been overdue by over a month. The problem is the the Kalina (Mumbai) workshop is in the process of being shifted to Goregaon. And I've been rescheduled at least 5 times as it seems that some clearance is yet to be obtained from HM folks and till the time they don't get that the Goregaon workshop will not be operational.
So now I'm contemplating going to a good workshop (Non Mitsubishi) that can do the service and repair my front bumper that got a good dented by my driver while parking at the car lift.
Any suggestions for a good workshop in Mumbai along with contact number will be tremendously helpful
I seriously doubt the longevity of the Mitsubishi brand with this attitude by the HM guys. I was considering going for the pajero in May but will have to reconsider.

Rajesh
Old 9th February 2015, 01:03   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Servicing the vehicle is pretty straightforward. Oil filter is the same as used in a Hyundai Santro and I am currently using OE Hyundai filter, oil selection is straightforward @ 5W40 and what else get the car's underbody washed, checked for torn boots loose nuts etc and you are done.

As for the front bumper if your's is a sports model, do not have it opened anywhere but at the workshop. The front skirting is connected to the bumper by way of few dozen clips and the outside guys will break them for sure leaving you in a lurch. If it is a spirit (without the skirting ) then have it opened and repaired anywhere. For FN garage recommendations take a look at the Mumbai directory here on the forum.

As for whether you go forward with a Mitsubishi or not is your personal call. In my books though Mitsubishi still gets full marks for having made the factory recall (for the headlight assembly switching circuit) for a model that is no longer in production especially in our country where there is no legal compulsion for them to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
So now I'm contemplating going to a good workshop (Non Mitsubishi) that can do the service and repair my front bumper that got a good dented by my driver while parking at the car lift.
Any suggestions for a good workshop in Mumbai along with contact number will be tremendously helpful
I seriously doubt the longevity of the Mitsubishi brand with this attitude by the HM guys. I was considering going for the pajero in May but will have to reconsider.

Rajesh
Old 9th February 2015, 13:51   #1107
BHPian

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by GTO : 10th February 2015 at 19:20.
jatinpatel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th February 2015, 13:14   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Servicing the vehicle is pretty straightforward. Oil filter is the same as used in a Hyundai Santro and I am currently using OE Hyundai filter, oil selection is straightforward @ 5W40 and what else get the car's underbody washed, checked for torn boots loose nuts etc and you are done.
The tip about Santro's oil filter is nice.
My next service will be at my friendly neighbourhood mechanic - Salim, who has been doing a good job for my Zen.

My previous experience with TuneUp Plus turned out to be disappointing. I see no reason to pay more to anyone now, since they all can make mistakes.
It was my mistake that I blindly trusted them to do a perfect job.

This time, I will go to Salim with an engine oil of my choice and make sure the quantity is correct. What is the recommended mineral oil?

I am going to get the blower cleaned (thanks to parking under a tree which is shedding leaves like crazy) and the oil seal replacement and the getting the ignition lock sorted out.

Last edited by S_U_N : 10th February 2015 at 13:18.
Old 12th February 2015, 00:17   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Mineral oil can be the 5W40 Motul or any other 5W40 grade oil from Mobil, Shell, Castrol etc.

If you so desire you could try the OE oil from Fiat i.e. "Selenia K" or for that matter Syntium from Petronas. Malaysia based Petronas manufactures Selenia for Fiat and Syntium is their own brand. Top class oils at moderate prices.

Quote:
What is the recommended mineral oil?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 17:09   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mineral oil can be the 5W40 Motul or any other 5W40 grade oil from Mobil, Shell, Castrol etc.

If you so desire you could try the OE oil from Fiat i.e. "Selenia K" or for that matter Syntium from Petronas. Malaysia based Petronas manufactures Selenia for Fiat and Syntium is their own brand. Top class oils at moderate prices.
I am trying to find these one-by-one.
I need 4 liters for Cedia and hence I would skip the 5 liter packages - I don't want to keep the can with 1 liter for six months with me.

Now, while I have not searched much, I do realize that 5W40 from Motul is more than Rs. 1000 per liter. This is quite like a synthetic oil in terms of pricing.

I think my Cedia always had 10W40 in it.
Shell Helix HX7, 10W40, 4lit: 1325. This is semi-synthetic and perhaps in my budget and probably easily available at Nana Peth.
I will look for the Petronas products. Not sure how easily they are available and how costly/ cheap they are.

Most Viewed