Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 22:22   #1126
BHPian

I have quite a few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj981 View Post
I got my 2011 Cedia Sports done 25k kms for Rs. 3.65 lac. Going from there i would say Rs. 2.00 - Rs. 2.50 lac or thereabouts should be a fair price.

The owner is quoting 2.2 lakhs.

Since you mentioned that it has been serviced at Mitsubishi they would have done a major service @ 90k kms. Cedia's have a great ride quality and is pretty reliable from what I've read on TBHP. Get the tires, underbody, clutch and suspension checked as a bare minimum. All the best!
For how many kms do the stock clutch plates usually last?
Is there any repair/replacement required for the suspension at 80k kms as per service schedule?

Of course it all depends on how the car's been maintained, but how many kms does the clutch, suspension and engine last for before requiring any major overhaul?

How about the service costs? My location is baroda, Gujarat and there's only one Mitsubishi A.S.S here. I wasn't able to get any reviews about it.
Are the spares easy to get hold of?

Please bear with me as I am looking for a good FTD car for around 2 lakhs.
Old 26th March 2015, 00:46   #1127
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
I have quite a few questions

For how many kms do the stock clutch plates usually last?
Is there any repair/replacement required for the suspension at 80k kms as per service schedule?

Of course it all depends on how the car's been maintained, but how many kms does the clutch, suspension and engine last for before requiring any major overhaul?

How about the service costs? My location is baroda, Gujarat and there's only one Mitsubishi A.S.S here. I wasn't able to get any reviews about it.
Are the spares easy to get hold of?

Please bear with me as I am looking for a good FTD car for around 2 lakhs.
If you are on a tight budget - this is the last car you should be looking at..

Although, Cedias a very reliable machines, you could find basic maintenance heavy on your pocket. In the aftermarket - a clutch overhaul will set you back by 10-12k, suspension overhaul (front) by about 15k-20k, and rear shocks by about 5-7k. Add to that, parts may be difficult to locate, especially if your not in Delhi, Mumbai. Forget about getting anything done from ASC apart from basic service.

At 1 lac km service, you would be required to change atleast the timing belt, apart from basic air & oil and engine oil. The timing belt replacement costed 4-5k (if I remember right) from ASC couple of years back. It should cost more today.

Answering your question, a clutch can last anywhere from 80k to about 1.2 lac kms with decent to good driving conditions. Better the conditions, better the life. So, very difficult to predict life at this age of the car. Suspension overhaul is needed between 80k to 1 lac kms on roads such as delhi - with normal tires.

Unless, you are looking only for cedia, and don't mind shelling money in the near future, don't buy it. Yes, if 2 lac is the budget only for the car and you don't mind spending another 50k in next one year or so, buy the car.

Engines are damn reliable.. but of course, you need good aftermarket mechanic to run such a car with such an age.

I recommend you stretch your budget and get a 2008 civic for under 3 lacs. Aftermarket support is brilliant and you would loose about 1 lac in 3 years in depreciation - as is with the cedia too.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th March 2015 at 00:48.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 11:20   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
If you are on a tight budget - this is the last car you should be looking at.

At 1 lac km service, you would be required to change atleast the timing belt, apart from basic air & oil and engine oil. The timing belt replacement costed 4-5k (if I remember right) from ASC couple of years back. It should cost more today.

Unless, you are looking only for cedia, and don't mind shelling money in the near future, don't buy it. Yes, if 2 lac is the budget only for the car and you don't mind spending another 50k in next one year or so, buy the car.

Engines are damn reliable.. but of course, you need good aftermarket mechanic to run such a car with such an age.

I recommend you stretch your budget and get a 2008 civic for under 3 lacs. Aftermarket support is brilliant and you would loose about 1 lac in 3 years in depreciation - as is with the cedia too.
Thank you for your informative post. This answers most of my questions.

Depreciation is similar with the cedia? I agree about the civic but used civics cost upwards of 4 lakh here. And finding a genuine run example is difficult.

And maybe I not sure, but isn't the cedia more fuel efficient than the civic?
Old 31st March 2015, 16:36   #1129
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Thank you for your informative post. This answers most of my questions.

Depreciation is similar with the cedia? I agree about the civic but used civics cost upwards of 4 lakh here. And finding a genuine run example is difficult.

And maybe I not sure, but isn't the cedia more fuel efficient than the civic?
I can think of one clear advantage of Cedia over Civic -- ground clearance.
If you don't have too many speed breakers to encounter every day, go for Civic. Else, go for Cedia.

Both are fantastic high quality cars.
Driven gently both can return a mileage of 16+ on the highway.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 20:39   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I can think of one clear advantage of Cedia over Civic -- ground clearance.
If you don't have too many speed breakers to encounter every day, go for Civic. Else, go for Cedia.

Both are fantastic high quality cars.
Driven gently both can return a mileage of 16+ on the highway.
A used civic is too pricey here. I was more concerned about cost of maintenance, fuel economy and parts availability of the cedia
Old 31st March 2015, 22:58   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A used civic is too pricey here. I was more concerned about cost of maintenance, fuel economy and parts availability of the cedia
To answer all your queries:

A] Cost Of Maintainence: Honestly, this is a grey area. It all boils down to multiple factors. What sort of a car you get, the rate of wear, the treatment of the car by the previous owner, and most importantly:

How good is your mechanic.

If you stick to the ASC- Note that:
A] The Cedia was discontinued a long time ago.
B] Mitsubishi *hardly* sells. Hardly. I doubt, that in your location, they would even sell upwards of ten cars per month?

Nope, right? So- Naturally, as the number of cars coming to the ASC is *very* low, the probability of an average mechanic in the ASC to properly diagnose a complex problem is directly in proportion.

That is to say, *very* low. Okay- There could be exceptions, but nevertheless......

B] Fuel economy: As has been stated above. Any car's fuel economy is typically sensitive to the driving style.

C] Parts Availability: Okay- I've elaborated about this. If strange niggles crop up, and some random sensor is required, what will you do?

Highly probable that you won't get it. And then get frustrated. And regret your decision to buy a Cedia.

So, to sum it up- The Cedia is best avoided.

If you're looking about for a cheap, FTD car within 4 lakhs- Get the Swift DDiS. Specially the 2009-11 one.

Ah- That turbo kick! Swift. **You're the fuel!**

Last edited by FINTAIL : 31st March 2015 at 23:00.
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:00   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

Parts Availability[/b]: Okay- I've elaborated about this. If strange niggles crop up, and some random sensor is required, what will you do?

Highly probable that you won't get it. And then get frustrated. And regret your decision to buy a Cedia.

So, to sum it up- The Cedia is best avoided.
I actually traded my 2007 Civic and got a 2011 Cedia around 6 months ago. Must say the driving pleasure has been immense. Other than the normal service expense i have changed the fuel pump and have just sent my vehicle for some suspension noise emanating from the front left side. Don't know how that pans out.

The Civic had its fair share of problems. Replace the engine mounting thrice, Changed the clutch assembly once, and changed the steering column once in my 6 odd years of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
If you're looking about for a cheap, FTD car within 4 lakhs- Get the Swift DDiS. Specially the 2009-11 one.

Ah- That turbo kick! Swift. **You're the fuel!**
Just read a recent article where swift, among other best sellers failed the safety test in EU. The article also described how much it made sense on a safety standpoint to buy a second hand mid sized car that didn't do too well commercially but are generally very good products. Cedia, Octavia, Optra among others figured in this listing.
raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 17:44   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Could you be more objective in describing the metal on metal sound.

My car had similar issue of making a clacking sound that too only at low speeds on poorly surfaced roads. It turned out to be a loose pin in the front brake calliper. However unless we have a more detailed description on the issue it will be difficult to comment.
I finally got my car back from Shakti Motors.
The noise from the from left side was emanating primarily because of some component on the left side axle that the forgot to tighten

Good that they admitted about this and they actually apologized about this goof up.

The service executive recommended that during the next service i should replace the "Axle boot". A INR 2,000/- expense i was told.

The car runs pretty smooth now and am really relieved that this did not end up as a major suspension job for this newly acquired car.
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:35   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
FYI: I got the part from Amayama. It was the cheapest that I could get back then. I still have the OEM part with me as a souvenir.
Hi, I am trying to source front discs for my friend's cedia. But i don't have the part number. How to get the part number? Also if there is any source in India where i can buy the discs directly?
Old 24th April 2015, 14:06   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Hi, I am trying to source front discs for my friend's cedia. But i don't have the part number. How to get the part number? Also if there is any source in India where i can buy the discs directly?
Your best bet is to get hold of the service center guy who works in the store.
He has a book with the diagrams and the corresponding part numbers.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:25   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Parts availability will not be an issue, the time period to obtain them via the service centre << Factory << Mother Plant/South Asian Logistics Centre might be. That said, most parts are easily available in aftermarket/grey channel.

Interestingly Mitsubishi keeps on looking after the Cedia even though it's been discontinued in our market.

Shortly after or close to the discontinuation, the company issued a recall and replacement of fuel pumps. With each pump costing some 18K, of course cost to customer was the time to go to the service centre. Again last year there was another recall to replace the headlight switch stalk module's PCB. Cost of each was approx. Rs. 5000+ & to the customer it was yet again the botheration of driving down to the service centre. Another point to note here is that both times I was not made to wait around for a bay to get free (yes Mitsubishi service centres are a busy lot) but mechanics and the parts were made available in a jiffy and the work was done before I could finish my coffee.

This in a market where there are no laws compelling any OEM to do so and hardly any practical recourse available to the end users if they were to suffer on account of faulty parts/components.

Quote:
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 17:09   #1137
BHPian

Mitsubishi has got lot of wonderful models but when it comes to India,they are not much enthusiastic in introducing them. They should look at how their competitors are faring,here. If they seriously improve the service network and bring in their current models,they can really capture a good market share here.
Old 27th April 2015, 17:37   #1138
BHPian

IMHO, they have lost track long time ago. They could have dropped prices of Cedia and Pajero with a decent service network. That alone would have given then decent standing. Instead of that they discontinued these models, increased part prices and made people think that they are going out of business. I still like Pajero Sport but I won't buy it because I don't have trust in this company (in India).
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:23   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
Any good workshop for Cedia in bangalore other than the ASS - SVR. And what is the current cost for a suspension work
I am also looking for the same information on good workshop in bangalore? did you find any reliable workshop?
Old 5th May 2015, 21:22   #1140
BHPian

I have got following estimation for 50K service from SVR motors, Bangalore for my 2008 cedia:

1 FRT STEERING BALL JOINT 1700 2 3400.00
2 STEERING TIE ROD ENDS 1600 2 3200.00
3 FRT LOWER ARM BUSHES 1800 2 3600.00
4 FRT LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
5 REAR LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
6 CLUTCH KIT 19800 1 19800.00
7 REAR END OIL SEAL 2000 1 2000.00
8 REAR RH SIDE LOWER ARM 6000 1 6000.00
9 GEAR BOX OIL 300 2 600.00
10 POWER STEERING RESERVOIR 14000 1 14000.00

This looks really high. I will check with local before saying yes to them.
Is there any recent steep increase in cost of spares for cedia that I am not aware of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks