Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2015, 18:56   #1141
BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2015 at 14:54.
Tazzy Boy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th July 2015, 14:34   #1142
Senior - BHPian

re: Its White, its Sports and its a Mitsubishi Cedia - 1.4L km up & new S-drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
1 FRT STEERING BALL JOINT 1700 2 3400.00
2 STEERING TIE ROD ENDS 1600 2 3200.00
3 FRT LOWER ARM BUSHES 1800 2 3600.00
4 FRT LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
5 REAR LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
6 CLUTCH KIT 19800 1 19800.00
7 REAR END OIL SEAL 2000 1 2000.00
8 REAR RH SIDE LOWER ARM 6000 1 6000.00
9 GEAR BOX OIL 300 2 600.00
10 POWER STEERING RESERVOIR 14000 1 14000.00

Is there any recent steep increase in cost of spares for cedia that I am not aware of?
Any update on your car? Did you get any of this done?
Cedia part prices continue to climb north! Every time I visit SVR I come back home thinking, Is it worth keeping my elephant? Most of the prices quoted by you seem OK by Mitsubishi standards, except for the POWER STEERING RESERVOIR, Rs 14,000 just for this? Why replace this ? what went wrong? This is just a plastic bottle kind of thingy.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:03   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got following estimation for 50K service from SVR motors, Bangalore for my 2008 cedia:

1 FRT STEERING BALL JOINT 1700 2 3400.00
2 STEERING TIE ROD ENDS 1600 2 3200.00
3 FRT LOWER ARM BUSHES 1800 2 3600.00
4 FRT LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
5 REAR LINK KIT 1600 2 3200.00
6 CLUTCH KIT 19800 1 19800.00
7 REAR END OIL SEAL 2000 1 2000.00
8 REAR RH SIDE LOWER ARM 6000 1 6000.00
9 GEAR BOX OIL 300 2 600.00
10 POWER STEERING RESERVOIR 14000 1 14000.00

This looks really high. I will check with local before saying yes to them.
Is there any recent steep increase in cost of spares for cedia that I am not aware of?
I agree that the reservoir bottle seems to be quite expensive.

You could pay heavy postage and still get something shipped from Australia.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISH...item418f590a7f

It will still be cheaper by 60-70%
Old 16th July 2015, 14:52   #1144
VMG
BHPian

Hi Friends

Is it worth keeping the cedia or sell it off? I am really worried about the spares cost and maintenance.

How much I can expect if I sell my Cedia sports red 2007, first owner and self driven. Done only 38000 km and really very good shape.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:59   #1145
Senior - BHPian

^You are driving less than 5000 KM per year it seems.

At this rate, would it not be better to just rent self-driven car Or hire a taxi as and when needed?
Old 16th July 2015, 22:58   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Any update on your car? Did you get any of this done?
Cedia part prices continue to climb north! Every time I visit SVR I come back home thinking, Is it worth keeping my elephant? Most of the prices quoted by you seem OK by Mitsubishi standards, except for the POWER STEERING RESERVOIR, Rs 14,000 just for this? Why replace this ? what went wrong? This is just a plastic bottle kind of thingy.

There was a small leakage I spotted in power steering reservoir. Leakage was very less. End of the hose was wet. I showed it to my local mechanic who just removed the hose and applied some white paste and tighten the end. Costed Rs. 50. Going to SVR motors is like a day light robbery. As per my local mechanic, none of the part mentioned by ASC require change immediately and some have no defect at all. I will not goto SVR unless I find any strong reason.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 11:17   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Hey everyone, I hope you and your rides are doing well. Have been wanting to update this thread for a while now but couldnt do it.

Last month, got the car serviced at Asian, basic engine oil, oil filter and air filter changed. The ASC didnt have air filter in stock so I bought Sakura air filter from aftermarket. I still have the K&N stock replacement air filter but do not have the recharge kit. Anyhow, it costed around Rs. 3000/- for the complete service.

During the service, it was noticed that the front engine/transmission mount on the front cross is kaput. Also, the rear engine/transmission mount was broken. A few days later they actually started making noise (it was mainly the rear mount that was making noise as its aluminum bracket got broken. In addition, the caliper also started making intolerable noise. So, dropped the car to my mechanic raju for about 2 days. The front cross mount and rear mount (complete assembly including rubber and entire aluminum bracket) were replaced - cost 2100 for rear mount assembly and 700 for front mount. Caliper pins were not easily available, so Raju did some beating, greecing and taping to the pin to put it back. He has done this earlier but the the problem resurfaces every 8-10 k kms. Technically the entire caliper support bracket and pins should be replaced. From Mitsubishi, its an expense upwards of 30k. Aftermarket, still to check. In total, I spent Rs. 3400 for mounts and labour.

Other expensive affairs are still pending, should be sorted in next couple of Months.
- Front Windscreen - got chipped and cracked last week. Wont claim insurance about 12k.
- Tires - 4 S-Drives about 24k. The current set is done with 55k on the clock.
- 3 Piece paint - front bumber, rear bumper and driver side door - Rs.6k
- Driver side tail light - about 5k (aftermarket not original stanleys), chinese are available for about 3k. I ll go for the 5k one.
- Front left side fog light, not sure if I ll get one or a set of two. Rs.6-8k for a set.
- Front grille one side - Rs.1800 for a pair.
- Interior and exterior detailing about 5k.

Thats nearly 54k to spend. But that will get the car back in brand new condition.
Old 6th August 2015, 15:53   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Gaurav: Rs. 3400 - Rs. 2100 - Rs. 700 = Rs. 600 for labour?
That is very cheap if the engine needs to be removed for the mountings.

While you are looking for replacement parts, please look for a set of fog lamps for me too. My car did not come with the fog lamps.
Are you looking at original or after market ones?
Old 6th August 2015, 22:37   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gaurav, I have the recharge kit so set up a time and feel free to use it. BTW I have the CAI too.....

I too need to get the front and rear bumpers painted but cannot find a reliable paint shop. Need more information on your regular place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I still have the K&N stock replacement air filter but do not have the recharge kit.

- 3 Piece paint - front bumber, rear bumper and driver side door - Rs.6k
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 16:09   #1150
Senior - BHPian

In btw: My cousin, who has 2006 Cedia (bought in 2009) and 1999 Lancer (bought in 2001) got his hands on a 2012 Grey Outlander with 51k kms on the clock. The car is as good as brand new - just required 2 tire change and thats it. The black Cedia got CNG fitted to compensate for the 6kmpl FE of Outlander. Loaded to the gills, the bargain makes buying new cars like Duster, Ecosport, Creta and S-Cross look like JOKE. I have been TDing the above cars for my Brother-in law and have finally booked the top version S-Cross 1.3.

There is a 2009 outlander with 80k kms on the clock for sale at attractive price. If anyone needs it, do PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
That is very cheap if the engine needs to be removed for the mountings.
The engine doesnt need to be removed but yes there is still a lot of work. My mechanic does regard some extra for me, I do give him plenty business including my own business and referals .

Quote:
While you are looking for replacement parts, please look for a set of fog lamps for me too. My car did not come with the fog lamps.
Are you looking at original or after market ones?
I think I am looking for aftermarket ones only. I ll let you know once I look for fog lamps for my car. Still some time for that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hey Gaurav, I have the recharge kit so set up a time and feel free to use it. BTW I have the CAI too.
definitely Sir, I will use the recharge kit, lets meet when you have time. Regarding the CAI - Tempting

Quote:
I too need to get the front and rear bumpers painted but cannot find a reliable paint shop. Need more information on your regular place.
We normally get out cars painted at Moti Bagh, I shall be giving the cedia there once Monsoons are over. I ll let you know and we shall give the cars in together.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th August 2015 at 16:19.
Old 12th August 2015, 11:31   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
I have got following estimation for 50K service from SVR motors, Bangalore for my 2008 cedia:
==============
This looks really high. I will check with local before saying yes to them.
Original MMC (Mitsubishi Motor Corpn) / HM parts would outlast any local ones and are worth the expense if you plan on driving your car for much longer. My Lancer has clocked over 205000 km and I am still running a stock clutch!!
Do get Vijayachandra Motors (Authorized Mitsubishi service center, Bannerghatta Road) to take a look and give you an estimate too.
Old 12th August 2015, 21:45   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
Original MMC (Mitsubishi Motor Corpn) / HM parts would outlast any local ones and are worth the expense if you plan on driving your car for much longer. My Lancer has clocked over 205000 km and I am still running a stock clutch!!
Do get Vijayachandra Motors (Authorized Mitsubishi service center, Bannerghatta Road) to take a look and give you an estimate too.
Afaik SVR is the only ASC in Bangalore. But I will check with vijayachandra. Do they provide OEM parts?
Old 13th August 2015, 00:07   #1153
BHPian

They are authorized to service too. And they run a Mitsubishi dealership near Hebbal. They would sell you only genuine OE spares.
Prozac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 22:05   #1154

Hi,

Anyone in Chennai who knows a good paint shop for repainting the front and rear bumpers of my white cedia sports?

Thanks.
Old 24th August 2015, 14:51   #1155
Senior - BHPian

My Cedia crossed a milestone yesterday - 1,30,000 KMs.

Since yesterday morning, I noticed that when I turn the key, the battery symbol does not show up on the dashboard. The oil symbol shows up and does not go away for quite some time.

I also noticed that sometimes the indicator (left) light does not show up on the dashboard, but I can hear the sound that is normally heard. This happened more than once.

Do you see an electrical issue here?

Car ran 260 KM on Saturday and another 260 KM on Sunday.

Most Viewed