Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2015, 12:20   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
I just got myself a preloved Cedia, While surfing around for spares came across this website. May be useful to you.

http://www.motrpart.in/model/144/mitsubishi/cedia

PS: I did not buy anything from this website yet, so cant say if these are genuine.
Thanks! Yes I ended up buying brembos from the distributor in goa. They'll hopefully arrive in a day or two. 18.4k for all Discs+pads.
Old 13th December 2015, 18:40   #1187
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Thanks! Yes I ended up buying brembos from the distributor in goa. They'll hopefully arrive in a day or two. 18.4k for all Discs+pads.
May I please request you to share the details of the distributor. I may buy it for myself too.

Also, do share the review asap. It will help me make up my mind.

thanks
GC
Old 13th December 2015, 18:53   #1188
Senior - BHPian

All details available here:

https://www.facebook.com/carzspares/

I shall put up a review once the brakes are installed.
Old 15th December 2015, 15:20   #1189
BHPian

Sent my car for servicing at the newly opened Andheri, Mumbai facility. YES MITSUBISHI finally has a service center reopened in Mumbai.

The front end of the vehicle has been making this slight thud noise for the past couple of months.
Was just informed by the service center guy that these need replacing.
1) Steering end ball joint
2) Balance Rod bush
3) Tie Rod ball joint

Cost Rs. 20,000

Will try those websites and see if i get good rates.

Also the service manager said that i need not replace the parts if i predominantly ride on city roads with an occasional ride on rough roads. Don't know if i need to do this or delay it. Any suggestion would be helpful folks!
Old 30th December 2015, 16:10   #1190
BHPian

Mitsubishi Cedia Queries

Hi All,

I was in the market for a used car some months ago and now am finally a proud owner of a 2010 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports.
The other Cars Considered were the Civic and Corolla. But finally zeroed in on this one as was looking for a younger car with good ground clearance, ample power and comfortable to seat a family of 5. My existing ride the Mitsubishi Lancer is perfect in all aspects except that my folks are getting old and Ingress/egress was getting difficult.

I have a few Questions about the Car and Hence this Thread.
1> The Car comes with a Kenwoos HU with map capability but somehow I just get a Message "No Navigation" When i select the Navigation option.

2> Was looking to install an Upmodule and a buzzer to the stock remote locking system. I have been spoilt by these features on my lancer which was aftermarket add-on. Wanted to know if its possible to get them installed without disturbing the stock wiring.

3> How difficult is it to remove the front Bumper? Asking as i read somewhere that it could lead to a lot of broken clips etc. Want to get a skoda horn installed in the stock location.

4> Prices and Availability of the Ralliart door decals as the ones on my car have crackled and look bad. Want to get them changed.

5> Anyone managed to get 3G mats specifically for the cedia? Have been looking for these for sometime now but no luck yet. Any update on would be highly appreciated.

6> FNG for a Cedia in Mumbai. I want someone who actually knows what he is doing. Dont want to let someone do his R&D at the cost of my car.

7> I have received 2 keys with the car,but the spare does not crank the engine. On investigation realised that the key is missing the Immobilizer sensor and thats causing the issue. Any recommended place where i could get this sorted in Mumbai?

Any Help on the above would be great. Cedia owners could use this thread for any queries related to this machine.

Thanks for Reading.

A pic of both my rides. Will post some more later!
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-10012496_10153385568071378_379977659817078997_n.jpg  

Last edited by Ripper : 30th December 2015 at 16:13. Reason: Typo
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 19:37   #1191

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Queries

Congratulations on your new buy it does look sweet . You just sailed the boat I am currently sailing on. I too am searching for a used Civic/Altis and considering the Cedia however I am scared of the maintenance of the Cedia and the availability of spares.
Secondly I really hope if some can initiate a new discussion for people like me who are in the dilemma weather to buy a used civic or a used Altis.

Elvis
elvis_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 19:52   #1192
Senior - BHPian

As for horn install, bumper removal is not required. I had a roots horn installed in my cedia (now sold) without any bumper removal. You should also be able to get a buzzer fitted to the stock security system without much trouble.

Regarding mats, I would rather get the 3m nomads. They are much better than 3d kagu.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 04:10   #1193
Senior - BHPian

There is already a comprehensive thread about all things Cedia with tons of information and shared experiences of all of the Cedia owners on the forum.

EDIT : Infact you are aware of it & did post on the same a couple of weeks before starting this thread, just saw your post there.

Wonder why you would want to start a new Cedia query related thread and want us to interact here when everyone is already active and helping each other on the existing thread that is perfectly adequate for the purpose.

You would do well to report your thread to the moderators/admin to merge with the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-s-drives.html

Quote:
Cedia owners could use this thread for any queries related to this machine.

Last edited by khoj : 31st December 2015 at 04:21.
Old 31st December 2015, 17:16   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

7> I have received 2 keys with the car,but the spare does not crank the engine. On investigation realised that the key is missing the Immobilizer sensor and thats causing the issue. Any recommended place where i could get this sorted in Mumbai
!
You can try key masters. Look them up in mumbai tbhp directory. They did my Civic's remote key in 30 mins. Call them up first and go.
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:02   #1195
BHPian

[quote=khoj;3880846]There is already a comprehensive thread about all things Cedia with tons of information and shared experiences of all of the Cedia owners on the forum.

EDIT : Infact you are aware of it & did post on the same a couple of weeks before starting this thread, just saw your post there.

Wonder why you would want to start a new Cedia query related thread and want us to interact here when everyone is already active and helping each other on the existing thread that is perfectly adequate for the purpose.

@Khoj:
Yes absolutely right, I did post in this thread earlier, But felt that I was highjacking gauravchopras Thread. Hence wanted to create a seperate one. Thank you for getting this merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
You can try key masters. Look them up in mumbai tbhp directory. They did my Civic's remote key in 30 mins. Call them up first and go.
@sumeethaldankar: Thanks for the info will call them tomorrow. Ill Update once done

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
As for horn install, bumper removal is not required. I had a roots horn installed in my cedia (now sold) without any bumper removal. You should also be able to get a buzzer fitted to the stock security system without much trouble.

Regarding mats, I would rather get the 3m nomads. They are much better than 3d kagu.
@Reignofchaos: I was told by an accessory shop guy that he needs to remove the bumper for the same. Will try someone else then, As in my lancer, i was able to install them by just removing the grill. I was quoted around 9k for a "sound package"(Yes i did confirm with the guy again just to see if he was on the same page as me), which I found was a bit too steep. 3M nomads, Wil check these out tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Old 3rd January 2016, 01:27   #1196
BHPian

Some more pics of My Rides.
2010 Cedia (Plan to get rid of the Door Graphics, Look Hideous IMHO)
2000 Lancer
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20160102wa0012.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20160102wa0007.jpg  

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img20160102wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by Ripper : 3rd January 2016 at 01:29.
Ripper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 16:13   #1197
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3890787
As this is the most visited, discussed, bragged, analyzed, thread for a Cedia, I am posting the link from my thread, updated. Hope it is useful to Cedizens.
Old 19th January 2016, 12:38   #1198
BHPian

After very bad service at SVR, Bangalore last time, I decided to try some local mechanic at Bangalore. Found one person through one of my friend.

clutch was very tight for long ( it ran for 50K). I am told by someone that sudden temperature difference ( gush of water when it is host during rain) and constant use in bangalore traffic attributed to early demise of clutch.

OEM clutch at ASC was costing Rs 20,000+ so I decided to try after market. I found that old clutch was exide make with just a hologram of Mitsubishi. I got almost same clutch/pressure plate make (without Mitsubishi mark) for Rs 7,500. As per mechanic there is no difference in quality as both OEM and after market one are just same.

I will have to wait for some time to see the quality of service from this local shop. I will post my update little later again.

in between my gear knob leather cover has gone bad and I checked for OEM spares at ASC. it costs Rs 7000 :(
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 12:54   #1199
Senior - BHPian

That's daylight robbery. I remember paying 9k for a clutch overhaul in 2011 at SVR.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th January 2016 at 12:57.
Old 19th January 2016, 14:05   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
in between my gear knob leather cover has gone bad and I checked for OEM spares at ASC. it costs Rs 7000 :(
Get the leather wrap re-done by Devraj. It will barely cost you 150-200rs. Details and contact info below :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangalore/82782-leather-upholstery-steering-grips-devraj-jc-road-bangalore.html
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks