Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:48   #1291
Senior - BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I did not have good experience with SVR motors here in Bangalore and hence the question.
Have you tried Vijaychandra? They seem to be better than SVR. I swore never to go to SVR after the tractor filter episode and shoddy repairs done to the front bumper during a previous visit.

My Cedia is fairly easy to work with, I have the factory service manual with me which helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I was shocked to find that my coolant tank is missing in my car today morning.
Not sure if it was loose and came out unnoticed or someone did it intentionally.
I have never heard of such parts coming out on its own.

Can I run the car without coolant tank for sometime? I will fill coolant in radiator cap to full. Will the dust go inside the radiator?

from where I can source this part? I am sure it will cost a bomb at ASC.
Will this after market part work in cedia
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-expa...olant-3380269/
Do not drive with the bottle missing. For emergency, you can buy the coolant expansion tank from a Gypsy/Omni (shouldnt cost beyond 150-200rs), tie it to the battery so that the cap is in line with the radiator cap, connect it to the radiator, fill the expansion tank to maximum and continue using the car.

The aftermarket part you mentioned should work. Last I heard this bottle cost 15K at the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I gave up on the idea of putting fog lamps since I barely use the car and getting stuff from Aliexpress (not genuine) will probably not add much to the lighting.
Honestly speaking, fog lamps are useless unless you actually drive in fog.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 22nd February 2017 at 22:49.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 17:48   #1292
BHPian

re: It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Have you tried Vijaychandra? They seem to be better than SVR. I swore never to go to SVR after the tractor filter episode and shoddy repairs done to the front bumper during a previous visit.

My Cedia is fairly easy to work with, I have the factory service manual with me which helps a lot.

Do not drive with the bottle missing. For emergency, you can buy the coolant expansion tank from a Gypsy/Omni (shouldnt cost beyond 150-200rs), tie it to the battery so that the cap is in line with the radiator cap, connect it to the radiator, fill the expansion tank to maximum and continue using the car.

The aftermarket part you mentioned should work. Last I heard this bottle cost 15K at the service center.

Honestly speaking, fog lamps are useless unless you actually drive in fog.
aftermarket part that I mentioned is not available. SVR and Vijaychandra (ASC bangalore) require 30-40 days to procure it ( cost about Rs 6000).
I tried JC road at Bangalore also. could not find anything that fits cedia properly.
Anyone in Delhi or Chennai who can help?
Old 27th March 2017, 11:17   #1293
BHPian

Can someone pls post a snap of coolant tank for my reference for some aftermarket fit?
Old 27th March 2017, 12:35   #1294
BHPian

Hi,
Cracked the side view mirror and Mitsubishi lists it at Rs. 3500. I'm from Mumbai and tried sourcing it from shops at Milan subway but they are out of stock.
Any good source from where i could get this?
Regards,
Rajesh
Old 17th May 2017, 17:42   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Update: mid - 2016 - didnt mange to get Tiens as the shipping was turning out to be very expensive. Brother, who went to US would have had to pay nearly $150 for extra luggage, Not worth the effort.

Since tiens never came in, Brembos were also dropped.

So, I changed the complete front suspension including struts, lower arms, tie rod and tie rod ends. Costed under 20k including labour. wind screen was changed and bumpers were painted early this year. In an unfortunate event near my place at peera garhi, a truck shove the right two doors, had to get them painted.

As of today, the Cedia, despite 9 and a half year old (8 years with me) and nearing 1.6 lac kms, looks hardly few years old and is a hoot to drive. The front suspension change made a dramatic difference. No issues to report, apart from caliper pin noise.

The big update is that last week, I got myself a 2012 Outlander with just 42k kms on the clock. The pre -owned car is in mint condition and I am loving every bit of it. It was registered in the name of a C K Birla company. Will post a detailed review under initial ownership section very soon.

Had been silently enjoying every update that sunnyboi has been making here. Definitely worth for this incredible machine.

Edit:- the Cedia will definitely remain till it is 15 year old and I will have to let it go according to the new green tribunal norms. It is not a replacement for Polo, which was sold in Jan this year.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th May 2017 at 17:46.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 23:51   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
So, I changed the complete front suspension including struts, lower arms, tie rod and tie rod ends. Costed under 20k including labour. wind screen was changed and bumpers were painted early this year.
What struts did you use? I'm surprised all those parts and labour cost you only 20K. How much was the windsheild?

I added an AEM UEGO wideband AFR gauge today. Replaced the rear o2 sensor with the wideband. Need to pacth the ECU so that I can log and read the wideband o2 values without having to use a serial adapter. The placement of the gauge isnt ideal; I'll move it to the dash area once I start work on making pods for the midrange and tweeters

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-img_20170517_192106001.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 11:08   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
What struts did you use? I'm surprised all those parts and labour cost you only 20K. How much was the windsheild?
I dont remember the brand name but it was a subsidiary of Hitachi. The struts were made in Taiwan. Costed about 12k. The lower arms and tie rod ends were semyong, costed about 3k and 1k, respectively, for pair. Tie rods were geniune HM Mitsubishi and costed about 2k. Lastly, 1.5k for labour.

The windscreen is from aftermarket, didnt check the make, will update later, costed about Rs. 4.6k. The OE one costs about 14k inc of labour and silicon tube at Asian Motors at Delhi.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:52   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont remember the brand name but it was a subsidiary of Hitachi. The struts were made in Taiwan. Costed about 12k. The lower arms and tie rod ends were semyong, costed about 3k and 1k, respectively, for pair. Tie rods were geniune HM Mitsubishi and costed about 2k. Lastly, 1.5k for labour.

The windscreen is from aftermarket, didnt check the make, will update later, costed about Rs. 4.6k. The OE one costs about 14k inc of labour and silicon tube at Asian Motors at Delhi.
Thanks a lot! OEM Tie rods for 2K is a good purchase, I might need them soon. I can only find semyong parts at shops here.
Old 18th May 2017, 17:27   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Update: mid - 2016 - didnt mange to get Tiens as the shipping was turning out to be very expensive. Brother, who went to US would have had to pay nearly $150 for extra luggage, Not worth the effort.

Since tiens never came in, Brembos were also dropped.

So, I changed the complete front suspension including struts, lower arms, tie rod and tie rod ends. Costed under 20k including labour. wind screen was changed and bumpers were painted early this year. In an unfortunate event near my place at peera garhi, a truck shove the right two doors, had to get them painted.

As of today, the Cedia, despite 9 and a half year old (8 years with me) and nearing 1.6 lac kms, looks hardly few years old and is a hoot to drive. The front suspension change made a dramatic difference. No issues to report, apart from caliper pin noise.

The big update is that last week, I got myself a 2012 Outlander with just 42k kms on the clock. The pre -owned car is in mint condition and I am loving every bit of it. It was registered in the name of a C K Birla company. Will post a detailed review under initial ownership section very soon.

Had been silently enjoying every update that sunnyboi has been making here. Definitely worth for this incredible machine.

Edit:- the Cedia will definitely remain till it is 15 year old and I will have to let it go according to the new green tribunal norms. It is not a replacement for Polo, which was sold in Jan this year.
I added an Outlander to my garage recently too, I only wish it had manual transmission! The vehicle handles better than most sedans! I renewed the fitness certification last year for the Lancer, the Mitsubishi that has been with me for the most time.
Old 21st May 2017, 22:10   #1300
BHPian

Volatile idling rpm

The idling rpm of my Cedia randomly fluctuates between 800 to 500 rpm (with AC off)

When I engage the clutch, it regularly dips to 500 rpm if I dont push the accelerator a bit to revv it to 1.5k rpm.

The low end torque of cedia was always bad, but right now it is becoming a headache.

Will this be solved if I do a remap of the ECU? Where can I get the Lancer 2005 American model ECU map?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th May 2017, 21:09   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volatile idling rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
The idling rpm of my Cedia randomly fluctuates between 800 to 500 rpm (with AC off)

When I engage the clutch, it regularly dips to 500 rpm if I dont push the accelerator a bit to revv it to 1.5k rpm.

The low end torque of cedia was always bad, but right now it is becoming a headache.

Will this be solved if I do a remap of the ECU? Where can I get the Lancer 2005 American model ECU map?

Thanks in advance.
Can you try disconnecting the battery for some time?
Old 25th May 2017, 13:26   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volatile idling rpm

Quote:

Your IACV might be on its way out. Get it opened and cleaned, its held with 3 philips screws on the throttle body. Do these tests, if it fails you have to replace it.

It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-iscv-check.jpg

If the low end torque of your cedia is bad, its clearly a problem with your car. I dont even have to use any throttle to get up inclines after releasing the clutch pedal.

Quote:
Will this be solved if I do a remap of the ECU?
Nope.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 16:03   #1303
BHPian

Thanks, I will get the IAC valve checked from my regular garage
Old 16th July 2017, 13:47   #1304
BANNED

Something abnormal I noticed on Cedia is RPM increases by 300 while I switch off AC. Then to analyse further I did OBD scan it gave me error P2226 - Barometric pressure circuit error. Just wanted to check if anyone faced this issue?

Also anyone knows good mechanic for Cedia in Mumbai?
Old 4th September 2017, 15:33   #1305
BHPian

Hi Motorheads,
So this recent Flooding in Koramangla drove all the Rats in my basement parking and the rodents liked the Silicone covering of the Ignition Wire to much that they cut it FULLY!

Yes!! Yesterday evening when I fired up my engine after 10 days and I immediately felt that the whole car is shaking like Train engine. I thought that due car lying in damp environment for over week, there is problem with intake and things will get ok after a while. Thankfully I stopped after KM and when I opened the hood, I noticed that the entire cable of the Middle Spark plug is cut with visible "Bite" mark on the coil connector protective cover.

I inquired about the Wire with thieves SVR motors and they say that the entire Wire-Plug head comes with the Coil set and costs Rs 12,000 , and that too, not in stock.

I quick searched for it on trusted Aliexpress and found a similar looking Coil which is common fitting for a range of Mitsu models (2006 Lancer 2.0L listed) . Different sellers are selling for $40-$60 Shipped for a pair of Wires.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IGNI...393065801.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/IGNI...808625632.html

Do you guys know some after market shop , preferably in Bangalore , who may sell this ? Coz I am not going to pay SVR Motors 12K for such trivial part, and it will take minimum 2-3 weeks for the items from China to reach by the Aliexpress sellers (Singa Post/HK Post).

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
It's White, it's Sports and it's a Mitsubishi Cedia - 189,000 km done! Edit: Sold!-mitsu-ignition.jpg  

Most Viewed