Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 22:37   #136
Senior - BHPian

Neotraveller. It works the same in my linea too. Range does not show up as soon as the car hits reserve . Anyways i will check and post tomorrow.
Old 20th June 2009, 23:08   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I have a problem with the low-fuel warning system. Whenever its close to the reserve mark (i think its 7 litres), it beeps and flashes warnings and the orange light turns on.

BUT, the "Range" shows blank. Now if we are running low on fuel, we want to know range also so we can estimate how long to go before hitting the petrol bunk. The usefulness is lost here.
Does this happen for you guys also?
the "Low Fuel" warning does not come immediately after the orange light comes up. It is somewhere mid way (in the red band) that i observed it starts showing the "Low Fuel" message. I did a complete Empty today to see how much is left when the Indicator hits Bottom. When i refuelled at the brink (bottom most point of the indicator) , there was still 4 litres in the tank as when i did a tank full only 41 litres was filled . So i guess when the orange light comes up there is still 10 to 12 litres.

And the Range also dissapears only when the Loe Fuel Warning comes up not immediately after it hits the orange light. I am pretty sure about this. However, i will recheck before the next filling.
Old 20th June 2009, 23:49   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
And the Range also dissapears only when the Loe Fuel Warning comes up not immediately after it hits the orange light. I am pretty sure about this. However, i will recheck before the next filling.
Yes, when the needle just enters the low fuel range on the meter, the range shows the kms. The range only disappears when the needle comes around halfway in low fuel meter range by which time we're pretty sure that we've hit the danger zone & start thinking about the nearest pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I did a complete Empty today to see how much is left when the Indicator hits Bottom. When i refuelled at the brink (bottom most point of the indicator) , there was still 4 litres in the tank as when i did a tank full only 41 litres was filled . So i guess when the orange light comes up there is still 10 to 12 litres.
Its advisable not to empty the tank fully i.e. not to wait till you hit the bottom. Reason? the dust particles or any stray imprurities in petrol generally remains at bottom because of their weight. If you hit the bottom, it may come in circulation. I had a problem with fuel pump in my earlier car 3-4 times & every time every mechanic advised me that
Old 21st June 2009, 00:07   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

Its advisable not to empty the tank fully i.e. not to wait till you hit the bottom. Reason? the dust particles or any stray imprurities in petrol generally remains at bottom because of their weight. If you hit the bottom, it may come in circulation. I had a problem with fuel pump in my earlier car 3-4 times & every time every mechanic advised me that
Yes . This i know and only did the stunt to know the Fuel Indicator better Now i know and i wont repeat this , Sir !
Old 1st July 2009, 19:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

Mileage Update And Service

Got my tankful done today and my hard work beared fruits, lucky me that after filling tank Petrol prices were raised too

Car had run 335 kms and Petrol came 27.5 litres
FE CAME 12.18 kmpl with AC at 25.

MID was showing 11.9 kmpl. This is the max mileage i extracted from my car till now.

Am also heading for 1st service this weekend to ABS motors gurgaon (thanks to hitanshu (phamilyman) for creating a thread on such a good service centre)

Issues i have :
1. Check all chrome strips (no strip is lose but they should check)

2. Some vibration when steering is turned turn to turn near driver side near clutch.

3. Brake humming noise - will clarify again.

Thats all, not a single issue which should give me problem or irritating me.
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:43   #141
Senior - BHPian

Chrome came off

DAMN

My quarter glass chrome strip didnt even hold till 1st service a few days ahead. Today i was fiddling with it to check if it was tight but it came smoothly into my hands.
Its the passenger side quarter glass strip. So, i was counting days seeing VP's thread and lo, it came off.

Instead of being angry i was grinning as i knew one day it will fall for sure, 2 rains in delhi and it lost its grip.

Will talk to SA and ask if he has any special glue or else Fevi bond is lying in glove box.

Cant we use those small screws called ribts or rifts which are inserted using a machine? It will permanently hold chrome on quarter glass and we dont have fear of even thieves who can steal it?
What say?
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

2. Some vibration when steering is turned turn to turn near driver side near clutch.

Have had this only once but was a little disconcerting. Initially thought it could have been a flat or just the road surface. Glad to see am not the only one who felt this. It's on my list as well.

BTW congratulations are in order for the qrtr glass chrome strip coming off ! Finally!
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:26   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
DAMN

My quarter glass chrome strip didnt even hold till 1st service a few days ahead. Today i was fiddling with it to check if it was tight but it came smoothly into my hands.
Its the passenger side quarter glass strip. So, i was counting days seeing VP's thread and lo, it came off.

Instead of being angry i was grinning as i knew one day it will fall for sure, 2 rains in delhi and it lost its grip.

Will talk to SA and ask if he has any special glue or else Fevi bond is lying in glove box.

Cant we use those small screws called ribts or rifts which are inserted using a machine? It will permanently hold chrome on quarter glass and we dont have fear of even thieves who can steal it?
What say?
Good you checked it. In fact, I now am sure sooner or later both side's Rear qtr glass Chrome beadings are going to come off in almost all cars for sure. The turkish Glue is struggling against Indian weather & the 3 points - the Curvature of that beading with both ends pressing inwards, the tapering width at rear end & the short length creates stress which eventually result into it coming off.

My suggestion to all Linea owners is to check it regularly if it has become loose. This will prevent it to come off unexpectedly & fall down when you're driving the car & lose it
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the club of falling chromestrips coolboy007!!!. Who is the next???
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:12   #145
BHPian

Today I checked the rear right one and it neatly slipped into my hand so both are finally out and in the glove box
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:24   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I checked the rear right one and it neatly slipped into my hand so both are finally out and in the glove box
I welcome you too pranava to the falling chromestrip group....
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:15   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I welcome you too pranava to the falling chromestrip group....
Welcome aboard & Congrats that both are in Glove box rather than flying on the road
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me in Fiat falling chrome strips group

Fixed fallen one by using FEVI BOND as vahanpujari mentioned. Had already told dad it will fall any day and he was saying congrats it has finally come off, use that fevi bond in glove box which your buddy suggested.

I fear now that someday these chrome strips will fall on the road so i will get a permanent "jugaad" done. Hope you people know about fixing RIVETS ,
had got it done on my Santro's exterior black beading near window glass as showroom guys recommended it.

Will get aluminium rivets fixed on these quarter glasses strips as only they are falling, neither will they fall nor will any thief will be able to steal it, these chrome thingies are damn expensive. If you are confused should i get a pic of santro's rivets, here is a demo pic though its bigger as compared to those used in cars.

P.S am also worried about bonnet bulges, would not like to get welcomed in BONNEt bulges group as well.Thats also spreading.

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-rivets640.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 2nd July 2009 at 17:16.
Old 4th July 2009, 20:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

First Service Due

So 1st service of my silver beauty is due on 8th July and i think of getting it done tomorrow at ABS motors gurgaon (special thanks to phamilyman).

Hope my 1st encounter with a TASS is satisfactory and not poor like some members here, me and my friend (silver linea E+ 1.4) will go together and maybe get a engine oil change. Am not sure whether to get oil changed or not. Will ask SA there to show me condition of oil and will ask him what to do.

Barring that vibration issue on steering turns (full turn to turn), i have no issues with my silver beauty.
A member of our appartments is also buying a Linea seeing mine. He came to my house to ask a few things about it and i said why dont you have a look at Punto, he said am in love with Linea's looks and no other car for me.
he will buy the car by next month i think.

Also Mileage update
Am consistently getting 12 + kmpl in city with AC and i am glad. FE of my car will put many 1.2 motors to shame. Here is a pic i clicked today.
FE 12.2 kmpl and am not a slowpoke Avg speed 28 km/h.

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-001.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-002.jpg
Old 4th July 2009, 21:21   #150
BHPian

That awesome mileage. Hope you can share the tricks to get better mileage. I am consistently getting 9.5kmpl (avg speed is 18 kmph only)

I also hear mild humming sound during full turn at slow speed. Eagerly waiting to see what your SA says about it. I will be going for service next week.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks