Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 15:37   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i had a talk with concorde yesterday and they also are telling me that fiat is not offering a solution despite their repeated compints about this issue. i have done the complaint myself 3 times over 4 months. they are yet to get back. some thing needs to be done.
Ashwin,
"Laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahin maante"
The seat has already been changed for Dr Amit (nehamit) Linea at Aspi motors, ahmedabad. Either his serv centre is too good or he twisted fiat to get that faulty seat changed.

Fiat is just not responding to my mails.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:57   #197
BHPian

coolboy/geash,

I will PM you the mobile number of the Fiat corporate quality person. You can refer my case and ask for a similar solution.

Actually he is not responding to my mails now either (for my speaker replacement).
I think all these Fiat folks have gone into hiding!
Old 25th August 2009, 16:16   #198
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
i had a talk with concorde yesterday and they also are telling me that fiat is not offering a solution despite their repeated compints about this issue. i have done the complaint myself 3 times over 4 months. they are yet to get back. some thing needs to be done.
From what I understood, the seat going down problem is due to the leg hitting the lever.

Is there a cap or something (not familiar with Linea / Punto) which can be removed to avoid the leg hitting the lever? That could be tried as a temporary measure.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:17   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
coolboy/geash,
Actually he is not responding to my mails now either (for my speaker replacement).
I think all these Fiat folks have gone into hiding!
Neo,
Amit has contacted me via pm and has told me about that corp quality guy, its the same person i think. He also isnt responding to mails but he is ill as told by amit. Seems FIAT guys have gone on a party bash after success of Punto- its all over here in delhi, its more than the Lineas i saw in last 2 months.

@ ALL
Problem
Has anyone noticed or its my imagination?
The doors earlier used to make a dampened thud sound whenever i closed them but these days its making a sharp clank like sound upon shutting it.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:45   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Neo,
Amit has contacted me via pm and has told me about that corp quality guy, its the same person i think. He also isnt responding to mails but he is ill as told by amit. Seems FIAT guys have gone on a party bash after success of Punto- its all over here in delhi, its more than the Lineas i saw in last 2 months.
He is not the same guy. I remember I asked Neo the name & the name he had given was different. The guy I'm interacting is indisposed & went thro' an operation. When I called yday he did not pick up but he SMS'ed back that he is operated & is at his native & will resume in 3 days.

I never involved TASS in such items as its beyond them to get it done. Shall wait till this guy resumes & I'll speak to him reg your car as well & may be we'll have a conf call

Quote:
Neo,
Problem
The doors earlier used to make a dampened thud sound whenever i closed them but these days its making a sharp clank like sound upon shutting it.
Yes. Rear right door of my car closes with a different sound (what you say metallic clank) which is slightly different than the other doors which closes with a dampened thud sound. I remember I asked the advisor 3 months back showing him this. But he did not have a clue. I thought to inspect the rubbers/ bushing etc after wards but forgot. Since its so trivial never bothered again to bring up to TASS notice
Old 25th August 2009, 16:52   #201
BHPian

Yes, the guy I have given is probably for south region (my guess).

And the rear doors close with a "clank" and not a "thud".
This has been the case from day1 and also AFAIK in showroom vehicles too.
It's not a Bug, its a feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
He is not the same guy. I remember I asked Neo the name & the name he had given was different.

Yes. Rear right door of my car closes with a different sound (what you say metallic clank) which is slightly different than the other doors which closes with a dampened thud sound

Last edited by neotraveller : 25th August 2009 at 16:55.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:59   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
And the rear doors close with a "clank" and not a "thud".
This has been the case from day1 and also AFAIK in showroom vehicles too.
It's not a Bug, its a feature
But the rear left door of my car closes with that familiar dampened thud.

only the rear right door has slightly different sound while closing. anyways, am not too bothered about it
Old 25th August 2009, 17:32   #203
Senior - BHPian

My all doors closes with thud. never a clank there. I make sure i check the sounds every week as sounds are the early indicators of the following eventuality
Old 25th August 2009, 17:50   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the rear left door of my car closes with that familiar dampened thud.
Me too never bothered to take it to TASS again to show them. Have visited TASS just once for normal servicing so feel lucky as compared to chennaites who have gone unlimited time to TASS.
Who will waste 3-4 hours of a weekend, they will stick some tape or something thats it.

Quote:
My all doors closes with thud. never a clank there. I make sure i check the sounds every week as sounds are the early indicators of the following eventuality
Well my rear right door is making a strange sound when i close it,would have to go to my dealer stockyard and check if sound increases even more.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:39   #205
Senior - BHPian

Finally Fiat Responds

Dad called me just now to inform that ABS motors, gurgaon has called him (his no in records of fiat i think) 3 times today in a span of 1 hour to ask him about the model of Linea as they are ordering a new spare for me rearding seat height issue.

Seems the team bhp magic worked when i told them am a member here and gave my ownership thread link.

A happy ending it seems to the fiasco, special thanks to Amit and Neo for providing me with details of corp qual managers.
So, they have responded back and lets see how many days it will take to get the new seat mechanism or lever for me.

P.S Am going tomorrow to a trip to Chandigarh 600 kms 1 days trip to enjoy my Linea with this happy news.
Old 25th August 2009, 19:00   #206
BANNED

Quote:

Dad called me just now to inform that ABS motors, gurgaon has called him (his no in records of fiat i think) 3 times today in a span of 1 hour to ask him about the model of Linea as they are ordering a new spare for me rearding seat height issue.

Seems the team bhp magic worked when i told them am a member here and gave my ownership thread link.

A happy ending it seems to the fiasco, special thanks to Amit and Neo for providing me with details of corp qual managers.
So, they have responded back and lets see how many days it will take to get the new seat mechanism or lever for me.

P.S Am going tomorrow to a trip to Chandigarh 600 kms 1 days trip to enjoy my Linea with this happy news.
All is well which ends well.
Enjoy your trip, Rajat
Old 25th August 2009, 22:15   #207
Senior - BHPian

MID issue or bunk cheating me?

As i told am going on a trip tomorrow so got my Linea filled up, always do this before any long drive, tankful till auto cut kicks in normal petrol used from IOC.

From last 2 times my MID is off the manual calculations of avg fuel consumption by a whole shocking 1-1.2 kmpl which is a good 10%.

Today the car showed 11.9 kmpl, i expected anythin around 12.1 to 11.7 by manual calcs but i got just 10.7 kmpl and i was amazed, never have got such less FE from my car.
Is it time for me to change my bunk, will get the car filled up at Chandigarh tomorrow and see how much the MID misses by.

MID for Linea is most accurate and people get anything around +/- 0.2-0.4 and in my case i always get 1-1.2 less than what MID shows me. Dont know whats the problem.

Meri FE ko kisi ki nazar lag gayi,
Old 26th August 2009, 12:34   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Ashwin,
The seat has already been changed for Dr Amit (nehamit) Linea at Aspi motors, ahmedabad. Either his serv centre is too good or he twisted fiat to get that faulty seat changed.
Dear Rajat, Yes, my service center is really very supportive and I have not contacted anybody in Fiat. I just contact the GM(Customer Service) only every time I have some problem.
Quote:
@ ALL
Problem
Quote:
Yes. Rear right door of my car closes with a different sound (what you say metallic clank) which is slightly different than the other doors which closes with a dampened thud sound. I remember I asked the advisor 3 months back showing him this. But he did not have a clue. I thought to inspect the rubbers/ bushing etc after wards but forgot. Since its so trivial never bothered again to bring up to TASS notice
Well, I do not have problem with rear doors, but I did faced this with front driver side door after the seat height issue was addressed and then found that one rubber was missing, which was put at proper place and again 'thud' like feeling appeared. Have you noticed this? Here is the picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-linea-rubber.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 14:33   #209
Senior - BHPian

Nehamit. the lever of the seat looks small and good. can you post us more pictures of this changed lever?
Old 26th August 2009, 15:38   #210
BANNED

Quote:
From last 2 times my MID is off the manual calculations of avg fuel consumption by a whole shocking 1-1.2 kmpl which is a good 10%.
Hey Rajat
Surprisingly I also experienced this for the first time last week in my Goa trip. I got tank-full at 2 pumps on highway & the difference between manual & MID was almost 1.5 to 2 kmpl !! I thought it might be due to the difference of defination of "tank-full" at each pumps. some pumps stops when automatic nozzle stops at tank-full, while some pumps keep on filling even after automatic nozzle stops.
Could this be the reason?

Otherwise, I found MID to be quite accurate with around 0.3-0.5 kmpl difference with manual method

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Dear Rajat, Yes, my service center is really very supportive and I have not contacted anybody in Fiat. I just contact the GM(Customer Service) only every time I have some problem.

Well, I do not have problem with rear doors, but I did faced this with front driver side door after the seat height issue was addressed and then found that one rubber was missing, which was put at proper place and again 'thud' like feeling appeared. Have you noticed this? Here is the picture of the same.
Dr Amit

That Corp Quality person is the same reg whom I've been talking about. Got to know today when the same Vendor called me.

Regarding door, I always suspected that it boils down to some rubber, bushing as only the dampening is missing. Thanks. Shall check out this rubber bushing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks