Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 00:06   #226
BHPian

Sometimes i still manage to hit the seat-lever :(
Not an annoyance but still not 100% fool-proof.
I wish they completely redesign the lever so that it's small and not obscenely long as it is now.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

FIAT excellent service - 10/10

As the days are progressing by, FIAT is making me feel like a king, making me so much more happy than i could, not only with a wonderful car but an equally good customer satisfaction.

Called Mr Mangesh today that spare parts havent reached the service centre, he apologised and told me that he will check with spare parts division and revert back soon. The reaction time was quite good as just a few mins back i got a call from service centre that spare parts had arrived and they were to inform me today evening. Dont know whether they were telling truth or not.

They have asked me to come tomorrow morning and get the part changed.
I had a talk with SA Arvind and he said that this is the 1st time he is changing the part for any Linea

He said its first time so it may take time for them to properly fit the part, seems he had no info on how to put it.
I am taking a risk and will be going tomorrow, hope they dont ruin the entire seat height adjustable assembly.

Will take pics as work progresses but my serv centre is hell bent on not allowing customers in service bay. Will try my level best.

He said part name as -racker??
Your suggestion guys. Or should i talk with Mangesh again in the morning to get an assurance.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:44   #228
BHPian

In this case you can request Fiat to send that parts-dealer himself. They will come from banglore.

They kind of did this for me too. But when I went to TASS, they said that dealer had some urgent work and left. It seems he taught them how to do it.
Refer my thread for the part.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:54   #229
Senior - BHPian

I asked the SA and he said its not the lever which is being changed in my case as its a temp solution, they are changing the whole height adjustable assembly.

Amit (vahanpujari) is also going tomorrow for a replacement, am going with fingers crossed and will update you guys tomorrow what happens.
Old 5th September 2009, 17:59   #230
Senior - BHPian

Excellent service from ABS Tata-Fiat

Linea has a fault with seat height adjuster, whenever we enter or exit the thigh touches the lever and it automatically goes down.
I was frustrated with this niggle and contacted Fiat who sent the part to ABS motors, gurgaon and ABS called me to come todat in the morning.

I reached serv centre at 11:30 AM and within a minute the SA came to me to ask my issue upon which i told him about the call they gave yest. They told me to go in cust lounge to which i denied sayin they had ruined my dashboard last time changing AC vents.

They took my car to service bay and started removing seat, SA Mr Arvind came and said to take car out of there and take it to quick repair bay outside. I took a walk and reached there and within 5 mins the SA again comes and says to take car in basement.

Now, i lost my cool and started shouting and told them "you wanna change or not, if yes do it here or am going back and mailing Fiat about it". (Mechanic told me they wanted me in cust lounge so such dramas). I immediately took my phone out and called the best person there, Works manager Mr. Ashok malik and told him am going back.

He came out and told everyone to not say anything to me and let me stand where i want. He took me to his cabin and offered tea which i accepted.

1:30 was lunch time and work was 60% done, the seat is bolted by so many nuts that it takes a lot of time. By 3:00 they had done everything and were bolting the seat back. Amit(Vahanpujari) called me and said he had just reached his serv centre (must be getting work done).

By 3:30 gate pass was made and i was out of the serv centre with full happiness because:

1. The only niggle in my Linea was now solved and dad was also happy as he had to keep pulling lever up.

2. My interiors werent scratched this time, gave a tip of 100 to the mechanic for keeping my beauty intact.

3. They took 4 hours but this was 1st time they were doing anythiing like this so its ok.

4. 70 kms completed and seat is where it was, also exited and entered 4-5 times.

5. Not just lever but whole assembly was changed which costs Rs 7500

By 4:00 i was at Haldiram's for lunch as i was damn hungry, i had thought it would take 1-2 hours and had no breakfast. Would reco that place, excellent food.
Ok, this is not a travelogue, here are some pics of job done and final photo of relative position of levers.

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0252.jpg

Old assembly
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0253.jpg

New assembly
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0255.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0258.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0260.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0266.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0269.jpg

See the diff after assembly change

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0250.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0262.jpg

Am glad that i bought a fiat car against everyones wishes and am getting a service which very few manufacturers give. Excellent service once again from Tata-Fiat and ABS motors, they solved my niggle again.

Am happy i bought a Linea, three cheers to Fiat.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 5th September 2009 at 18:07.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:09   #231
BHPian

Great that you are getting good service from TATA-FIAT. Even I got a call from the service station to get my Fuel Flap replaced since the initial batch of Fiat Linea had it loose or somewhat mis aligned. I will get it replaced soon.

Also, the most important thing is we get a royal treatment which I have not experienced in other service stations..

Good going and if they continue this, FIAT will soon become as one of the leading car manufacturers in India.. I know they have a long way to go for that. Hope they get to that stage.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 5th September 2009, 19:43   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Also, the most important thing is we get a royal treatment which I have not experienced in other service stations..
Good going and if they continue this, FIAT will soon become as one of the leading car manufacturers in India..
My serv centre had removed and adjusted the fuel filler lid. Now it opens and closes without any problem.

Am really happy with the kind of service i am getting. I can now safely say that its much better than my exp in Samara hyundai for Santro and Bhasin motors for Scorpio.
Tata guys treat Fiat cars with utmost care and there no feeling of we dont care attitude.

CRM asked me atleast 5 times whether i was comfortable and i wanted anything, its these small things which count
Old 6th September 2009, 17:04   #233
BHPian

Well Rajat, So we are now 5 Linea owners, who got their seat assembly changed and all are happy. Its right that we really get the royal treatment and now we are so used to it, anything less is not acceptable!
Do post your long term experience, say after 100 Kms of seat assembly change for benefit of all.
Old 6th September 2009, 18:37   #234
BHPian

congrats coolboy, you got your most irritating issue solved!

Looking at the old lever, it looks really worst. The angle is taking it to seat level. No wonder your dad was so annoyed with it.

BTW, my old lever wasn't at such a radical angle.
Old 6th September 2009, 18:42   #235
Senior - BHPian

One more 100 kms trip completed ODO- 4200 kms

There was a "keeda" in me who wanted to test the new redesigned assembly, so off we went to gurgaon again. This time took full family for a lunch at Haldiram's.

1. Entered and exited out of the car 8 times and seat is where it was, i didnt hear a click and upon pulling lever up seat was at max level.

2. Threw the car around corners and deliberately in some potholes to check if seat is going down.

New modified seat height assembly gets a . They have removed the issue now completely.
This is was the only issue i had and it got sorted out nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit
Well Rajat, So we are now 5 Linea owners, who got their seat assembly changed and all are happy.
Do post your long term experience, say after 100 Kms of seat assembly change for benefit of all.
Amit,
As you said have posted my exp. I am happy with the service i got and the new modified seat height adjuster assembly.
Now our other Amit(VP) will confirm whether he is happy, he is gobbling kms at a good pace. Amit (VP)- trip to Lonavala huh? And a photo of you enjoyin weather with face unmasked
Waiting for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller
congrats coolboy, you got your most irritating issue solved!
Looking at the old lever, it looks really worst. The angle is taking it to seat level. No wonder your dad was so annoyed with it.
BTW, my old lever wasn't at such a radical angle.
Yups and am so much relieved i finally i got it done. The prev angle was way damn high. Dad had stopped taking Linea to work because of this irritatin issue but today he wanted to drive it and i didnt give it to him. Haha. Punishment time.
My Linea has now completed a good 4200 kms and this month trip to Rajasthan will take it past 5000 kms.

Question
Its not a fault or problem but has anyone noticed that the throttle paddle of Linea is hard compared to other cars? Atleast, its heavier than my Santro and Scorpio. Why is that? I felt a slight pain in right leg after completing a round trip of 120 kms in my Linea.
Forgot to check it yest in other Lineas at serv centre.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th September 2009 at 18:48.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:06   #236
Senior - BHPian

Best Fuel efficiency and Seat height adjuster updates

FE update
Got the car tankful done today and i have now registered a best ever city FE OF MY LINEA of 13.5 KMPL on tankful basis. AVG speed was 27 km/h.
This after i was stuck in a jam once with waterlogged roads here in Delhi.
Am really very glad as our Santro gives around 14 in City at max and Linea is matching it, travelling in a Santro and Linea is quite a contrast i must say.
Engine has opened up and the FE is settling around 12-13.

Many people confused me saying Fiat petrols are gas guzzlers but the risk i took was well worth thanks to teambhpians.

Seat height adjustment updates

Its now almost 10 days and have clocked over 200 kms in my Linea after that (thanks to seat height issue solved, dad is taking the car nowadays to work sometimes even in rains). Checked the seat today and lever had come down 1 click, upped that but seat didnt come up so the seat issue is finally solved, thanks to efforts from tata-fiat.

My car coming closer to 5000 kms now and i dont have to worry about service like others
Attached Thumbnails
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0270.jpg  

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-moto_0271.jpg  

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th September 2009 at 23:07.
Old 14th September 2009, 10:12   #237
Senior - BHPian

Congrats coolboy007,
13.5 kmpl is awesome for a Petrol vehicle weight more than 1200 kgs.
Whenever you drive your car fast,Average Speed hovers,substantially FE increases.
I have checked in my Diesel Linea.
If the Average Speed is >16 am getting 13.8kmpl and if it crossed >=17 I am getting awesome 14.5+ kmpl.

Enjoy and Drive safe
Old 14th September 2009, 14:01   #238
Senior - BHPian

if you had taken my advice it would have given you 25kmpl
Old 14th September 2009, 14:19   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats coolboy007,
13.5 kmpl is awesome for a Petrol vehicle weight more than 1200 kgs.
Enjoy and Drive safe
Well yeah, my Linea is amazing me day by day. Its giving FE better than a 1100cc car which is just awesome.
Also seat height issue is solved which has made me a happy customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
if you had taken my advice it would have given you 25kmpl
25kmpl will remain a distant dream for me. Anyways 13.5 on a city tankful is still the best so far anyone has recorded.
As for 25kmpl, i can never be so patient to drive my car calmly like you, you also will push her next time i am sure.

All Linea owners are on a FE run i guess, dont drive too slow people, people will say Linea doesnt move and is slow
Old 2nd October 2009, 22:05   #240
Senior - BHPian

5000 kms to be completed tomorrow

So, my Linea is going on yet another long drive tomorrow for 800kms to a temple in RAJASTHAN which will also complete the 5000 kms milestone for her.

Just now went and got the tank filled till the brim (prefer not getting fuel filled on highway pumps as had a bad exp).
Got air filled in tyres to F 32 and R 31. For city i follow 33 33 pattern but tomorrow car will complete 800 kms in 48 degrees plus with just 1-2 hour break so less than recommended air.
Checked coolant level too and it was fine, engine bay was very dirty so will clean it on Sun along with air filter.
Will return tomorrow itself and will update the thread.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 2nd October 2009 at 22:24.

Most Viewed