Old 5th June 2009, 22:16   #31
BHPian

congratz on your purchase dude!

nice pics and nice seat covers too!
enjoy
Old 5th June 2009, 22:51   #32
BHPian

seat-height adjuster

This has been complaint by several people here in TBHP (including myself).
I think I found the reason for this mystery. I maybe wrong though.

When I get in and out of the car, my foot/thigh seems to touch the lever. This seems to be occurring at least 50-60% of the times for me.
The lever is a little too long and is almost seat level, so its really difficult to avoid hitting it.

We shd report this and Fiat should make a smaller one and offer us free replacement.
What say guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Seat height adjuster
Whatever i do, after 2 days the seat height level comes down. Dad and me put the seat at max height level and after 2 days the seat comes down on its own.
Old 5th June 2009, 23:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
This has been complaint by several people here in TBHP (including myself).
I think I found the reason for this mystery. I maybe wrong though.

When I get in and out of the car, my foot/thigh seems to touch the lever. This seems to be occurring at least 50-60% of the times for me.
The lever is a little too long and is almost seat level, so its really difficult to avoid hitting it.

We shd report this and Fiat should make a smaller one and offer us free replacement.
What say guys?
I for one done think its the issue with that long lever though i have never observed this carefully. My obs one day was:
I sat on the seat with some force ( you can say jump and i weigh 65 kgs) a day in a hurry and there was some sound. I immediately pulled the heigh adjuster and it came up 2 strokes even though i had pulled the seat to max level that day itself.

Aswin (hope i got your name right if nt then sorry), why dont you try and make it a point to sit without touching that lever (i know its very tough) as i think in your home you are the lone Linea driver which is not the case in my home. Observe for 2-3 days and if seat doesnt come down then we will all send mails to FIAT from our sides and tell them that this is a design fault.
Why did they make that stick so long anyways?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 5th June 2009 at 23:23.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:21   #34
BHPian

congratulations on your silver linea!!
Old 6th June 2009, 12:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

I am having a problem here,

When i reach home (200-300 metres before) i switch off the compressor using the button on ACC to get me accustomed to outside temp and sometimes some burning type foul smell comes from the AC vents (in fan mode now).
Anyone facing this issue? Is the air filter blocked? I dont even know where the AIR FILTER for linea is. Any petrol Linea owner knows where the air filter and pollen filters are and if you can take the pain of showing it with graphical representation
Old 6th June 2009, 13:40   #36
BANNED

reg seat height adjuster moving down, my experience is, sometimes it comes down whereas sometimes it doesn;t come down at all even after 2-3 days. My guess is in bumpy road or when you hit potholes, your body pushes the seat down & may be the seat goes down slowly.

Reg 2nd issue, I've noticed some strange things with AC OFF as mentioned in my thread. Without AC ON without fan & without windows rolling down, within few seconds it starts feeling warm or even suffocating though I did not find any foul smell. will have to recheck
Old 6th June 2009, 14:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Its another 10-15 days and my Linea's first service will be due, am not sure of where to get it serviced so need your help (again dealer problems),

1. Techno auto - bought the car from this dealer. Have gone their once and find professionalism levels average. They were handling the car rough and were scratching their heads on how to operate tech2 scanner.
Called them few days back and thought to get service done before itself as we were planning for a trip. Asked them if i could bring the car today, the guy shouted and asked someone else that can Linea's service be done today and he said you can come. I asked him for time taken to do service and he said 4-5 hours . I asked for what you need 4-5 hours, its just oil change and some inspections but he said 4 hours is minimum. Game over.

2. Rama motors - called the SA there Mr Jagjeet and asked him about 1st service and told him that i insist my service be done through them instead of my dealer as i dont find them good. He assured me of everything and said we will service your car as fast as we can since you will be waiting and not a pick n drop customer. He explained me things very nicely and said will change oil too if i demand.

Now what to do? In Techno, they know i have complained to FIAT before and they came runnin to my house, also i have the showroom owner personal number. Still i dont want my Linea to be scratched and delivered dirty as dad will kill me then. I cant seem to believe them and their name isnt even mentioned on fiatindia.com in workshop list.

I was told by someone that RAMA motors was earlier a Hyundai dealer so service levels are better there. Not even a single Delhi TBHP Linea owner is here, everyone is in chennai no help. Shoud i give RAMA a try?
Old 6th June 2009, 14:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shoud i give RAMA a try?
Are they authorised tata fiat dealership?
Old 6th June 2009, 16:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Are they authorised tata fiat dealership?
Oh yeah for sure. A friend of mine visited there and he was happy with his complaints on the chrome beading falling off and headrest issues.
Their name is in the list of tata-fiat dealership and they have a workshop too which is mentioned on fiat india.
I am surprised but the name of my dealer's workshop is missing from fiat india , arent they authorised to work on Linea when they are selling them
Old 6th June 2009, 16:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Photo time

Some photos of my Linea which i had forgotten to post initially.

Trip meters after 1-2 days of taking my Delivery. The orange lights look good and automatically adjust when headlight is switched on.
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-003.jpg

Emotion pack steering wheels with all the controls. (buttons are a bit hard though and dont give good feedback)
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-010.jpg

Seat covers
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-003.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-004.jpg

Sorry for this tumbler lying on the seat. Missed it while clicking the photo
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-005.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-picture-linea-006.jpg

Car at showroom getting readied for delivery.
My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-imag0031.jpg

The best part of my car so far is that i got good seat covers for just 7500 , they were ordered and brought from uttaranchal but the colour matching with Linea's interiors was perfect.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th June 2009 at 16:37.
Old 6th June 2009, 20:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Shoud i give RAMA a try?
The Delhi members of the Yahoo Palio user group have had their cars serviced there and were quite happy about it.
Old 6th June 2009, 20:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Congrats on your new Linea!

looks really cool, and an awesome review!!
Old 6th June 2009, 20:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The Delhi members of the Yahoo Palio user group have had their cars serviced there and were quite happy about it.
I dont know which group is that but thanks a lot for the help. I was confused which service centre to go for but now i know which one.
Thanks
Old 6th June 2009, 20:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I dont know which group is that but thanks a lot for the help. I was confused which service centre to go for but now i know which one. Thanks
The following is the group that I was mentioning about.

PalioUsersIndia : Messages : 57121-57150 of 57150

Please remember that I have no personal experience with them as I am way down in the south.
Old 7th June 2009, 02:00   #45
BANNED

coolboy

nice pics, nice seat covers there. which material are they made of?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks