Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 11:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
coolboy

nice pics, nice seat covers there. which material are they made of?
VP,

Black portion is pure leather and the beige area is leatherite.
Old 7th June 2009, 15:16   #47
BHPian

Nice Car and Seat Covers MAte
Old 8th June 2009, 02:16   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
VP,

Black portion is pure leather and the beige area is leatherite.
then I must say that you got a damn good deal
Old 8th June 2009, 09:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
then I must say that you got a damn good deal
Now some upgrades am looking out for are :

1. HID kits - dont know if it will void warranty. If it does, Linea has warranty till 4 years and it will be a waste if i install HIDs after 4 years.

2. Green cotton air filter - Still no idea whether its now available for Linea or not. Will using it also void warranty.

BHPians help especially on the 2nd upgrade i want of green CAI.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:28   #50
BHPian

Congrats! Really like the seat covers. It's great that they covered the rear amrest as well. Does it still fit in the seat properly? Even though I got seat covers from the dealer they did not cover the rear amrest. Instead they just provided a zip to open it!
Old 8th June 2009, 11:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ok friends took the 1st step :
I really want a Green cotton air filter for my Linea and wanting to get installed one. Maybe am going mad (Kpzen's thread gave me info, thanks) but before any other upgrade i want this one.
Mailed petes through contact us forum and asked for help about it, hope i dont get a reply that no upgrades are available for Linea till now
There are universal filters too and also shouldnt a grande punto 1.4 air filter fit into 1.4 Linea as Grande punto products are easily available in other countries. Lets see. This is something i want -

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-greenpanelelement.jpg

My CNG Linea 1.4 E+ : 46,000 kms update-versailles-adventure-038large.jpg
Old 8th June 2009, 11:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Congrats! Really like the seat covers. It's great that they covered the rear amrest as well. Does it still fit in the seat properly? Even though I got seat covers from the dealer they did not cover the rear amrest. Instead they just provided a zip to open it!
Yeah rear as well as front armrests were covered though i had thought the shop will definitely forget to order these. Yeah rear armrest goes completely and cleanly in the rear seat. The dealers were providing seat covers but at a higher rate so avoided him.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:41   #53
BHPian

coolboy seems like you are taking the lead with a few mods. I do want to shift to a K&N/Green stock filter later on. You seem to have in mind a performance intake manifold right?

If you are replacing a stock clogged air filter, you will definitely see a difference in performance.

But if you go in for a performance intake, you will be completely replacing the factory air inflow system right that includes the filter, air box and air path right? Is that a sensible thing to do keeping in mind the possibility of losing warranty?

Last edited by pranava999 : 8th June 2009 at 11:49. Reason: additions
Old 8th June 2009, 11:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
coolboy seems like you are taking the lead with a few mods. I do want to shift to a K&N/Green stock filter later on. You seem to have in mind a performance intake manifold right?
Yeah. This was planned before hand, i want to get a good green cotton set up which i can remove before giving car for servicing so that my warranty will not lapse. NOTHING that will hamper with warranty will be installed. Just a simple green cotton filter like FIAT might be using which i can put in. Also TATA people will never catch such things, they hardly know how to operate a vag com scanner man. Instead of anti rust (in delhi so no need) and teflon i can get this thingy for same money. I had absolutely zero knowledge about these things but Teambhp has so many members who have done this.
Only issues is whether such products have come for Linea and whats the cost?

Also dad is ready for a 17" alloy upgrade but i read that it spoils ride quality so plan is on hold.
Petrol prices increasing too LOL

Last edited by coolboy007 : 8th June 2009 at 11:53. Reason: pranava added to post.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:04   #55
BHPian

CB I think someone on the forum has already cleaned/replaced the stock filter. Am not sure who though. However like I said one would see a difference in performance if a clogged filter is replaced. I think the benefits that either a green/K&N give is that they can be cleaned and hence have a long life as they do not have to be replaced like regular paper filters do.

A performance intake is a different ball game all together like I said in the above post. Not sure if an intake can be fitted on and taken off easily.

About the fuel prices seeing a hike - I'm just hoping it's diesel that sees a hike and not petrol.We petrol heads have suffered too much.
While 17" look great , don't think its a good idea to tinker with ride quality and also be sure of the pcd sizes. Palio users had issues upsizing wheels because of the pcd size. So ensure you get wheels with the right pcd for the Linea if you decide to upsize.

Last edited by pranava999 : 8th June 2009 at 12:07.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Pranava,
It was Opendro who cleaned his air filter. I will learn it from engineers in 1st service on how to open it but i still think that i would have to buy a paper filter everytime i go for service as i cant tell them i own a Green or a K&N and will waste money. Thing is people claim after market air filters have better filtration so its better for engine too.
Air intake seems a complex thing and only support team of petes can help.
17" will spoil ride i think though they look hot so am a bit wary.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:14   #57
BHPian

Here is something I came across - Fiat Grande Punto Air Intakes - Performance Air Intakes

The line that got my attention though was Replaces entire factory air intake system'. Now I don't think it will be easy to go back to factory intake system just before hitting the service center. Will ask around from a tuner I know for the finer modalities, etc. Will keep you posted as well.

Last edited by pranava999 : 8th June 2009 at 12:15. Reason: formatting
Old 8th June 2009, 12:25   #58
BHPian

If aftermarket filters do offer better filtration then it's something to think of. But what do you think is the cost benefit trade off? Not like you will save on paper filters. Do find out what brand/type of filter the Linea is using, before you decide to replace. The reason I say this is because the service intervals being 15,000kms, they maybe using a good filter. If they are not then I will definitely go in for a K&N/Green stock replacement filter and maybe even get a better brand of Oil. Any idea what after market replacement oil can be used?
Old 8th June 2009, 12:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Do find out what brand/type of filter the Linea is using, before you decide to replace. The reason I say this is because the service intervals being 15,000kms, they maybe using a good filter. If they are not then I will definitely go in for a K&N/Green stock replacement filter and maybe even get a better brand of Oil. Any idea what after market replacement oil can be used?
Well i will ask this about filter paper from mechanics if they have any knowledge. Opendro after his 1st service cleaned his air filter again at 6000 kms again and reported it to be very very dirty so i think dusty conditions of india are too much for any car and air filter will not run for 15000 kms without cleaning, so k&n or green cotton makes sense.

Regarding oil are you talking of engine oil or air filter cleaning oil? Any other oil will void warranty and SELENIA oil used in Linea is top class brought from italy which isnt available anywhere else and costs 550 rs + litre and linea's engine takes 3 litres (thanks to geeash for providing so much info)
Old 9th June 2009, 19:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Got my tankful done today and my Linea returned a best ever city FE till now of 11.8 km/l whereas MID indicated 11.6 all with full AC at 24-25. Its a good FE for such a big car.
I drive my usual way, good that it improved from 11.1-11.2 to 11.8. Seems the stint to himachal has opened up the engine as i can feel its more responsive+more FE.

Till now worst FE 10.1 (dont know what happened) and best FE 11.8
I drive the usual way and love the 2nd gear of Linea now which intiially felt sluggish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks